+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 200 FirstFirst ... 6 31 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 81 106 131 156 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 3987

Thread: (MOD) More Provinces Mod

Quote Originally Posted by extox View Post
    #4)Suggestion- Change the form austrian hungarian country decsion to be possible if the REGIONS are owned or vassalized. IE: Variable scope like in D&T. It would make the decision easier to read and would be a better way of being able to form the country as vassalage seems like a more realistic approach.
    I, personally, like the idea of vassalisation being one of the possible requirements, like in Victoria II, and i'd myself add personal union to that. But Danubian seems to have other vision of the issue. I don't know how weird that may get if that will be allowed, i don't see what's the big deal in that, but maybe it is better like it is.

Temporary Chosen One DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Well for example AI in EU3 is not codded the same way as AI in Vicky2. It doesnt get vassals the same way, nor does it treat them the same way (its actually quite dumbed down to vassalisation being a status between war and annexation). If i was to add such a condition it would only be for human as AI cannot formulate a strategy in such a way "i will vassalise and maintain country X so i can from union XY", so in essence its an effort done for no reason at all, since owning/coring provinces with DIP rating does the same thing with no problems for both human and AI. And then there are coding problems, not only do i need to define what/who triggers it, i also need to define vassal and that could be tricky to debug and all that.
    Last edited by DanubianCossak; 23-03-2012 at 11:57.
    While Chosen One in absentia, Temporary Chosen One Of The Exalted Church of YEShans

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Are you going to be putting Japan back to it's pre DW state?

I dont know, im almost 99% certain im not adding 25+ tags in japan. So the options are leave it as it is (maybe add 2-3 more ahistoric/semi ahistoric countries) or revert it back to pre DW, but then i would probably have to recycle lots of provinces as well or else it would be very OP.

What would you like to see?
    While Chosen One in absentia, Temporary Chosen One Of The Exalted Church of YEShans

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindSengokuVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    I dont know, im almost 99% certain im not adding 25+ tags in japan. So the options are leave it as it is (maybe add 2-3 more ahistoric/semi ahistoric countries) or revert it back to pre DW, but then i would probably have to recycle lots of provinces as well or else it would be very OP.
    It is truly sad that you go with ahistorical daimyos, while you are considering historical accuracy.
    By the way, if you afraid about OP Japan after the unification, I would suggest to set the tax value and manpower extremely low and give daimyos the static modifier to increase income and manpower. If a daimyo unifies the Land, these modifier will disappear and Japan has "correct" resources.
    Nova Monumenta Iaponiae Historica: A Sengoku Mod for CK2 (WiP)

Pax Sinica (East Asia Mod for EU4) Bella Iaponica (Japan Mod for EU4, will be updated with AoW)

chatnoir i do care about historical accuracy, but there is a limit to how far i can go with it. Creating 25+ countries in Japan would be accurate, but it would have a heavy effect on game speed. I know many could point finger and say that detail of Europe is far greater than anything else, for example Japan, and while that is true, there is not much i can do about that. Making everything of same detail and quality will slow the game so much that it will not be playable, so ahistoric Japan (and other areas outside of Europe) is the compromise i have to make. MPM is after all just like EU3, a game focused on Europe thats intended to expand that area primarily and then fix/expand other areas where its possible.

I have seen your huge efforts for remaking the map of ROTW, so I don't think you are ignoring these regions. I didn't demand to add 25+ daimyos too. I was just wondering why you have decided to add more "ahistoical" daimyos or revert back to HTTT, instead of just keeping Japan as it is.

Pax Sinica (East Asia Mod for EU4) Bella Iaponica (Japan Mod for EU4, will be updated with AoW)

I havent, i said i could keep things as they are, keep them as they are and add couple more ahistoric tags, or revert them back to pre DW. As far as im concerned all options are viable, makes little difference to me. The only thing i wont do is make Japan fully covered as that would require simply too much resources. Ill go for whatever people who play MPM prefer the most.

Oh, I see. That was my misreading. Sorry for that.

EDIT
    If you want to replace ahistorical daimyos in vanilla or add some other daimyos, I would suggest more historical ones!
    Last edited by chatnoir17; 25-03-2012 at 15:44.

I'd probably rather pre-DW Japan, with a couple of checks. I'm not sure if Japan would need so many tiny provinces if there were no daiymos. It just seems to be an unfair resource hog.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV

What about add more "Form X nation decision?" in a More Province Mod a "more nation mod" fits perfectly.
    It can be easily done. That feature will add much more "flavour" to this mod.
    My Mods:
    Ultima Ratio Regum v1.2 Europa Universalis IV v1.7
    Modern Borders Mod v1.05 Europa Universalis IV v1.7
    Earth 35 Civilizations Mod v2.5 Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond The Sword v3.19
    Modular United Mods v1.3 Sid Meier's Colonization v1.01

My AAR:
    King Etgar the Conqueror AAR Medieval II Total War Stainless Steel 6.4

What nations/countries would those be?

What nations/countries would those be?
    For Example:
    * Arabia (like Saudi Arabia union of arab nations in that area)
    * Belgium
    * Kingdom of Two Sicilies (Cause there is Sardinia-Piemont so Two sicilies should be there too)
    * Egypt\Morocco\Algeria\Lybia (after some certain date)

Dunno, those are just examples but there are lot more it can be done on map, like in Asian area...

You can take a look here:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...re-Nations-Mod
    My Mods:
    Earth 35 Civilizations Mod v2.5 Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond The Sword v3.19

My AAR:

* Arabia - No opinion
    * Belgium - I think Flanders/Wallonia would be more appropriate instead of Belgium
    * Kingdom of Two Sicilies - Seen this in a lot of other mods and is historical
    * Egypt - Mamluks represent Egypt, this would just be a namechange I guess.
    * Morocco - Morocco = Marnids, they are one and the same
    * Algeria - The current set up represents the tribal divisions, there was never an Algerian unit until 1960s
    * Lybia - Banu Salam represents Tripoli which is the nearest thing to Libya.

The problem is that we tend to look at history based on our perspective in the present. You look at Algeria and want to know about "Algerian History" even if that isn't something that has ever really existed. I think union nations need one of two things:
    - drawing a large cultural group together into one state (France, Britain, Germany, etc)
    - signifying a major change in the nature of a state (Teutons-Prussia, etc)

Corporal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

one little thing- Kamata and Kachari should be Assamese culture, as should there provinces.

Im not sure if there is a bug with Crete and Cyprus that cant be relased as vassals once conquered.

As Naples, I can relase naxos but i cant with crete and cyprus even if they have their core on their province.
    They simply arent in the "create vassal" list like naxos. Take a look if im right. thx.
    My Mods:

My AAR:

Quote Originally Posted by Trytols View Post
    Im not sure if there is a bug with Crete and Cyprus that cant be relased as vassals once conquered.

As Naples, I can relase naxos but i cant with crete and cyprus even if they have their core on their province.
    They simply arent in the "create vassal" list like naxos. Take a look if im right. thx.
    That's because of the culture mechanic. You can't release Crete or Cyprus because they are Crusader culture, whereas the provinces are Greek. Only a Greek revolter state could exist once either has been annexed. This is why you can release the Greek culture Naxos. It's actually a pretty nice bug if it can be called one, because the Crusader states were dying, if they got annexed in this time period there would be nearly no chance of them being re-established.

On this note: Maybe a Greek version of Crete/Cyprus could be useful, otherwise they might revolt into the un-related Morea or the anachronistic Greece. Perhaps these could be written like colonial revolters, so that their primary culture will be defined by the predominant culture in the region, i.e. if Ottomans annex and culture shift to Turkish (not possible without a human player afaik) then the new Cypriot state would have Turkish culture.

Quote Originally Posted by jo1998sh View Post
    one little thing- Kamata and Kachari should be Assamese culture, as should there provinces.
    Will fix thx.

As for islands, i dont think it would be a fair to get a quick event that would change culture on conquest. Instead, i think ill write a combination of triggered modifiers and decisions (like 2 tolls) so if you manage to conquer these islands which are strategic points, you will get various bonuses like increased naval force limit, more trade, more merchants etc. The downside will always remain that unless you protect the islands, someone could occupy them, or you could get defecting rebels, so calculate the risk.

Waiting for The Miracle anubisfike's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    MagickaRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I don't know if this was mentioned but you should rename Varsinais-Suomi to just Suomi. Varsinais-Suomi translates as Finland Proper or Actual Finland and the Finnish version of the name only really started to be used in the 1800's. Simply naming it Suomi would be better.

It was suggested by a Finnish person some time ago (iirc) but if someone else can confirm it ill make the change its np.

Thx for posting!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 200 FirstFirst ... 6 31 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 81 106 131 156 ... LastLast