[NOP] Noble Order of the Platypus - Reign of Grand Master Hdk 08/2011 -

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Anyone plans on going on NordInvasion or something this evening ? I hope to be there at around 19:00.

Anyone plans on going on NordInvasion or something this evening ? I hope to be there at around 19:00.

I'm clueless about what that is :p

I'm clueless about what that is :p

a mod I quit. its 2 mods merged. cRPG and Invasion.

only the bad part about it its whack a mole. AI is mindless and just keeps running at ya. (South Park anyone?)
and the waiting time between spawns is somewhere between 5 mins and 20. depends how good other players are. If 2 out of 16 are tanks it can take up to 30 mins.

not very fun IMO.

a mod I quit. its 2 mods merged. cRPG and Invasion.

only the bad part about it its whack a mole. AI is mindless and just keeps running at ya. (South Park anyone?)
and the waiting time between spawns is somewhere between 5 mins and 20. depends how good other players are. If 2 out of 16 are tanks it can take up to 30 mins.

not very fun IMO.

30 minute waits are fairly rare as a matter of fact, but 5 to 10 minutes quite normal. The trick is to stay alive for a long time so you don't have to wait for so long. What i love about it is the teamwork and the sense that I am not wasting time, but actually doing progress in some sense, thanks to the RPG and progressive character feature. It's not as unfair to new players as CRPG, and allows you to have hybrid class characters if you want to and have enough experience points. The waiting times are actually often a blessing for most players, as it gives you time to go to the site and finish your business of buying equipment, distributing experience points and checking the auction hall, crafting stuff, talking with your friends if there are any around or just marvel at the fun the high level players must be having. Or just read a book, if it gets excessively long; you will notice when you spawn.

The mod also gives you some incredibly nice legendary/unique weapons to strive for in the higher levels.

Last edited:
Was a nice session. I'll have to come back more often :)

I'll see if i can arrive earlier than today... but no promises... got quite a lot of work...

Has any of you started thinking if they'd get the planned DLC ?

Has any of you started thinking if they'd get the planned DLC ?

I probably will. But it's not such a huge deal, although it does add some never seen before features. I don't really enjoy the gameplay with muskets, although line battles and trench warfare has it's charm, so I might play it from time to time.

HDK, weren't you going to play at 19:00?

I finally got my own connection back. After having been without internet connection since the 7th of April, and stuck with an average connection from the neighbour for the last three days as substitution.

Am coming.... waiting for Hdk as usual... :p

Which patch ?

Vincenzo has already apolologized and promised to fix these bugs. I don't think it will take many days. Remember to reinstall flags and the admin tools after patching. But don't patch with this version.

Some people are apparently reporting that everything will work if you do a fresh reinstall, others report it will work if you put the music option in the launcher on, while turning down the volume to 0 in-game if you don't want the music.

Last edited:
btw guys do NOT install the new warband patch. it frecks up all sounds. really bad. it's unplayable. might aswell play on mute.

Good to know, thanks.

also the DLC is less than shit IMHO.

I don't agree. There are several flaws, i agree... but i wouldn't go so far as to say it's that bad. I had more fun with it that with Fire and Sword, for example.