• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
madagascar.png

Does the player have any other means aside from letting rebels enforce their demands, of changing the ruling government?

You can manually change the ruling party once a year under absolute monarchy/prussian constitutionalism/HMS, although the choices of ruling party are limited for the first two.

The same rule pertains to the union of Italy.
North and south Italians are about as different culturally as the Scottish are to the English and yet they are both grouped into the British culture. It's silly for it to work that way in one situation and not the other.
Technically there are three culture groups in Britain: Celtic, Welsh, and English.

No, I mean form of government, not ruling party. For example, would it be possible for me to change my HM's government into a Democracy?

Edit: @SDSkinner

No, I mean form of government, not ruling party. For example, would it be possible for me to change my HM's government into a Democracy?

Edit: @SDSkinner

No, unless rebels takeover. Absolute Monarchies can change into Prussian Constitutionalism (any form of voting) or HM's Government (+ non-secret ballots). Any dictatorship can change government types with certain reforms. But an HM's Gov't will never go to a Democracy.

This happened to me today and I wanted to punch a hole in my laptop.

This is why you don't take stronger AI. You still have to wrestle on your own but they decide the peace terms. What I suggest you is allying someone still quite good but just bellow your military rank so that if something goes wrong,.. you get an Ally that won't f*** up your plans.

If the AI decides to build cloth it will build 1 cloth factory in every state. Same goes for small arms and canned food.

Status
Not open for further replies.