Closed Thread
Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 25 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1073

Thread: [MEIOU:TD] v5.2-Specific Discussion Thread

I didn't change the tech speeds but my mod won't won't change any of that. They shouldn't conflict. I will send you all the units in a zip file in a Private Message.

EDIT: PM Sent.
    Last edited by Blxz; 31-01-2012 at 01:39.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneMagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria 2

The papal state in my current game just converted to sunnah... a wild guess, but that is probably not supposed to happen.

They have conquered some provinces in anatolia and are busy converting them to christian. Maybe that has something to do with that?

Might be the Nobilty converts event. Have had some serious civil war style battles from that event in recent georgian and Byzantine games. Maybe the Papal states aren't immune to that event either?

Quote Originally Posted by Blxz View Post
    Might be the Nobilty converts event. Have had some serious civil war style battles from that event in recent georgian and Byzantine games. Maybe the Papal states aren't immune to that event either?
    tell me more about that event, sounds interesting

I don't know much about it but I think it triggers when you have a large number of Sunni provinces. You are given 3 choices:
    -Ignore their heresy = a bunch of negatives.
    -I can see where the wind is blowing (or somehting along those lines) = convert to sunni
    -Eradicate them = oh god this is worth it. Mega rebels pop up all over you territory and you get some 'Bastions of the church' and 'bastions of heresy'. You need to reoccupy the bastions of heresy while protecting your own church ones. And its done at like negative 1 or 2 stability with mega stability costs to regain it.

When you win you get a result based on how complete it was and how many bastions you protected. Then you can show mercy and get 2 stab back or wipe them out and it will remove a level or heresy from your whole nation. I did that when at war with most of europe and having no manpower as the Byzantines and it was the funnest experience in-game ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Blxz View Post
    I don't know much about it but I think it triggers when you have a large number of Sunni provinces. You are given 3 choices:
    -Ignore their heresy = a bunch of negatives.
    -I can see where the wind is blowing (or somehting along those lines) = convert to sunni
    -Eradicate them = oh god this is worth it. Mega rebels pop up all over you territory and you get some 'Bastions of the church' and 'bastions of heresy'. You need to reoccupy the bastions of heresy while protecting your own church ones. And its done at like negative 1 or 2 stability with mega stability costs to regain it.

When you win you get a result based on how complete it was and how many bastions you protected. Then you can show mercy and get 2 stab back or wipe them out and it will remove a level or heresy from your whole nation. I did that when at war with most of europe and having no manpower as the Byzantines and it was the funnest experience in-game ever!
    does this event only apply to sunni or other religions as well?

To my knowledge it only applies to NON-sunni nations. The point is that a christian country holding a lot of islamic land may have the nobility turn to islam. You can allow them, decide to convert your whole country of rip out the heathen nobility. Those are the 3 choices.

I offered that event as my explanation as to why the papal state converted to sunni; they were obviously holding sunni land according to the previous post from Nivve.

Theocracies ought be exempt from the event, or somehow always choose to drive out the heathens, because having the Kingdom of Jerusalem turn Sunni while a vassal of France seems stretching credibility.

Also, what Dazero was asking is, is it possible for countries to convert to religions besides sunni due to the same event or similar events. The answer is no, except for Sikhism, but the conversion event chains for all religions are broken anyway, so it doesn't matter.

It shouldn't be possible to colonize overseas if you are not western technology group.

One, I'm not sure that's entirely justified, and two, I'm not even sure that would be something that could be implemented. right now, I'm primarily concerned about seeing Russian minors to actually start colonizing Russia, rather than limiting their colonization factors even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    One, I'm not sure that's entirely justified, and two, I'm not even sure that would be something that could be implemented. right now, I'm primarily concerned about seeing Russian minors to actually start colonizing Russia, rather than limiting their colonization factors even more.
    i agree mostly...but it should be only western, eastern and turkish. Or make it very high tech that the others can start colonizing at.

By the 1700s I keep seeing weird things like Korea and Fez in mesoamerica, or Jalayrids in Australia. Perphaps something to do with colonial range could be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcvalons View Post
    By the 1700s I keep seeing weird things like Korea and Fez in mesoamerica, or Jalayrids in Australia. Perphaps something to do with colonial range could be changed.
    in reality they never built boats that had any real sailing ability...except for the chinese junks...thal existed for about 4 years went to europe didnt like what they saw came back and burnt the boats...true story. But they shouldent be colonizing at all....its completly out of historical reality...

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Out of historic reality, but not historic plausibility.

Most likely the chinese only reached Africa and the abandonment of the fleet was not by disappointment by Ze Zheng, but the whim of the new emperor in 1426. Mainly due to a rise in mongolian unrest. In game terms that would be moving Isolationistic to lower RR in the NW and possible hordes approaching the borders. Could the isolation-expansion slider be made to affect colony range? Then the ai could be guided towards isolationism for certain countries.

Info from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zheng_He
    The epic battle for a WC under the BB limit continues in HttT:
    Oui nous pouvons - A HTTT British WC while staying under the BB-limit

Its great mod but I have question about rebels. I dont lose to them like.... ever (?!), neither my neigbours. I need to engage with like 3 times smaller army to smth happen. I lose few hundred man and they lose like 10k wtf. Didnt bother me much until I saw a 15k bohemian army killing 56k rebel army in Prague. Its a bit weird. They just seem too weak. Is there a way I can modify files myself to power up rebels strengt a bit??

Also does anyone think the "manpower balancing" does not work the way it should? I had to raise the penalties and modify HRE bonus to actually play without seeing 100k armies all the time.

Another thing is the emperor election. Bohemia is being elected from the game start every time (its like 8 times in a row) does someone have this? Or is it just me?

ps. Im playing on hard / aggresive
    Last edited by 6112; 03-02-2012 at 15:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Malerun View Post
    Out of historic reality, but not historic plausibility.

Most likely the chinese only reached Africa and the abandonment of the fleet was not by disappointment by Ze Zheng, but the whim of the new emperor in 1426. Mainly due to a rise in mongolian unrest. In game terms that would be moving Isolationistic to lower RR in the NW and possible hordes approaching the borders. Could the isolation-expansion slider be made to affect colony range? Then the ai could be guided towards isolationism for certain countries.

Info from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zheng_He

well either way with the chinese fleet, they didnt build ships for distant travel, they hated merchants and considered them the lowest class of civilians and the didnt go off and colonize australia or the west coast in the 1600 and 1700. Whatever the actual reasons it just bothers me that they do it, i could see colonization of the aisian mainland but not over seas. restricting it to western tech group could work...gives a reason to westernize after blxz's new unit mod and my tech adjustment.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Many non western/non westernized nations colonized during the time frame, so I consider that a heavyhanded way, better suited for inferior mods (do I get a cookie for that, Gigau?)

The chinese could have colonized if emperors had wanted. It would probably have required more focus on on naval and mercantile matters and less focus on keeping the country stable, risking the nation itself. To quote:

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post
    All in all, MEIOU is a mod for EUIII that aims to provide an experience which is both more realistic, detailed and varied than vanilla. It aims to achieve more realism by modelling more of the forces in play in the world, not by forcing the game into paths that real history happened to follow.
    The epic battle for a WC under the BB limit continues in HttT:
    Oui nous pouvons - A HTTT British WC while staying under the BB-limit

It ought be a matter of isolationism, and most countries in the eastern region of the world were very much isolationist, except for, perhaps, the Malaysian states.

Restricting it to Western Tech Group reduces any kind of potential for alt-historical scenarios playing out. Morocco is in a good position to reach the new World, and so is Mali. In fact, there is serious scholarship ascribing to the idea that West Africans reached the New World well before the Europeans did, but simply did not have motivation or technology to exploit this. For Example, Natives in the Caribbean and north coast of South America used spear tips composed from the same metal alloy popular in Western Africa, and claimed to have traded for them from black merchants from the south.

While the facts on the matter aren't perfectly clear, we do know that, for example, some historical documents suggest that Abu Bakr II, Mansa of Mali allegedly attempted to sail across the Atlantic ocean, acting upon rumors of land on the other side, so at least the idea of trans-Atlantic voyages in Western and Northern Africa existed.

We do know that the range of North African pirates extended to Iceland and Brazil, so the idea that they couldn't have mounted serious trans-Atlantic voyages if they wanted to is nonsense. The idea that the Atlantic is such a horribly violent sea that vessels that weren't specifically designed for long term ocean voyages is also a nonsensical cliche played up by American history textbooks to make Columbus's voyage more dramatic. The Facts are, the voyage of Columbus, for example, was smooth sailing the entire way, took roughly a month to get from the Canary Islands to Haiti, and was perfectly suited to the task. They could have made the voyage in canoes if the had a way to store food on them.

We know that Vikings managed to reach the New World with shallow bottomed longboats, and had to cross open ocean.

We know that Malaysians reached Madagascar sailing on tiny catamarans.

is there a reason for a royal hungry tag as its really weird to see hungry and royal hungry on the map at the same time (royal hungry revolted from croatia while hungry still had four provinces). It just seems like a waste of a valuable tag when you can just make hungry some kind of monarchy to represent their "royalness"

God of the Mega Campaign Moderator Mr. Capiatlist's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy Knight500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darken24 View Post
    is there a reason for a royal hungry tag as its really weird to see hungry and royal hungry on the map at the same time (royal hungry revolted from croatia while hungry still had four provinces). It just seems like a waste of a valuable tag when you can just make hungry some kind of monarchy to represent their "royalness"
    It is supposed to represent Hungary under Austria... but I agree, it is a waste of a tag.
    -Mr. Capiatlist (Ink well):

Letters from Amazonia - A CKII AAR using HIP!

When I speak in Anglo-Prussian Rose, I do so as a Moderator. :: Forum Rules | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2 | Interactivity Rules
    (Never quote or otherwise publicly respond to my rose text. If you have a problem: PM me.)

Closed Thread
Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 25 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast