Closed Thread
Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast

Thread: [MEIOU:TD] v5.2-Specific Discussion Thread

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisRise of Prussia500k club

Quote Originally Posted by YF-23 View Post
    Do the buttons work if you click where they should've been? How much RAM does your computer have? I don't think this is a Win7 issue (I'm running Windows 7 myself), but you could try running it in compatibility mode regardless.
    No, the buttons did not work even when I clicked where they should've been. Often, the escape button menu has no buttons at all, forcing me to Ctrl-Alt-Del my way out of the game. My computer has 6 GB of RAM.

I'm willing to try just about anything to try and make this work, so if you have any suggestions, I'm all ears. I'm going to try running in compatibility mode when I get home tonight and, failing that, trying it via Steam as another user has suggested.

I just want to report a little mistake about Ulianovsk province. I've accidentally bumped into some data about it on the wiki:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulyanovsk
    According to wiki, its historical name should be "SIMBIRSK", as it was founded in 1648. The city was later renamed to Ulyanovsk in 1924. This is unimportant, but you may want to keep your mod historically true.

I just started a game with Austria. I was suprised to see my stability go up each month in the first year up to +3 in March 1356. My lvl 3 stab cost is 42 ducats. Is this WAD?
    Last edited by Szabtom; 11-01-2012 at 22:43.

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisRise of Prussia500k club

Quote Originally Posted by dmartin1982 View Post
    No, the buttons did not work even when I clicked where they should've been. Often, the escape button menu has no buttons at all, forcing me to Ctrl-Alt-Del my way out of the game. My computer has 6 GB of RAM.

I'm willing to try just about anything to try and make this work, so if you have any suggestions, I'm all ears. I'm going to try running in compatibility mode when I get home tonight and, failing that, trying it via Steam as another user has suggested.
    Okay, I made perhaps the stupidest of all stupid mistakes. As I was going through the process of reinstalling EUIII and MEIOU: TD, I realized my critical oversight. Rather than running the 2GB fix on "eu3game.exe", as it should have been, I ran it instead on "eu3.exe". Suffice it to say therein lay the root of my problem. Anyway, my apologies for giving the impression there was an actual problem to be fixed (other than my inability to properly read instructions ).

Thanks, Gigau, et al., for a great mod!

Hahaha that's a silly and yet at the same time very reasonable mistake. Enjoy MEIOU!

whats eu3.exe? is that the launcher? Your launcher must have been running amazingly well =)

Good to see things are all fine again now. I suspect that may be the reason for a lot of problems people are reporting. Good find on your part!

Quote Originally Posted by Szabtom View Post
    I just started a game with Austria. I was suprised to see my stability go up each month in the first year up to +3 in March 1356. My lvl 3 stab cost is 42 ducats. Is this WAD?
    I checked another country, and the stab cost for a provice is below 4 ducats. That is insanely low, my question is the same: is it WAD?

stab yuan.jpg

Check the hotfixes thread. Stability cost fix is there.

Ship Simulator Extremes

Actually, if you are a decentralised, isolationist, narrowminded country like that, your stability will be something like -95% in every province before other things like the monasteries.

Of course, that also comes at the cost of other perks for being innovative, expansionist or centralised. Personally, I don't worry about Stability cost too much; being below +1 stability is a rarity as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    Check the hotfixes thread. Stability cost fix is there.
    Already applied.

I edited the temple to 0 stab bonus, and started a new game. the calculations all seem correct.

20 base stab cost catholic
    +5 land province
    -8 tolerance
    - 66% from policy sliders, legitimacy, HRE bonus and a country modifier
    =below 6d cost per province. I can increase stability every third/fourth month.
    If I put back the temple bonus it is 3.8d per province, and can increase stability every second month...
    My question is still the same, is this WAD or is there a bug hiding somewhere?
    Last edited by Szabtom; 13-01-2012 at 01:37.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k club

Started a game as England in the earliest scenario. I steamrolled France in the starting war, but no one can sue for peace, not even me. I think it is because the war leaders on both sides are vassals of countries involved in the war. (Montfort-England and Alencon-France) So peace is not possible and the war lasts forever. Is this known and is there a hotfix somewhere for this? Plus I have quite a lot of localization errors, specifically in some events and when a new Pope comes to power, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotkiller View Post
    Started a game as England in the earliest scenario. I steamrolled France in the starting war, but no one can sue for peace, not even me. I think it is because the war leaders on both sides are vassals of countries involved in the war. (Montfort-England and Alencon-France) So peace is not possible and the war lasts forever. Is this known and is there a hotfix somewhere for this? Plus I have quite a lot of localization errors, specifically in some events and when a new Pope comes to power, for example.
    Known bug caused by a vanilla issue I think. If, when you are choosing your start date and country, decide to check ahead to the other bookmarks then come back to an earlier one and start the game a bunch of issues can creep in. Its more pronounced in MEIOU because england and france start at war so a problem like yours is a game breaker.

My advice, start a new game and don't go forward and then back in time when picking a country. Forward is ok, but no going back in time. This isn't Dr Who.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Blxz View Post
    Known bug caused by a vanilla issue I think. If, when you are choosing your start date and country, decide to check ahead to the other bookmarks then come back to an earlier one and start the game a bunch of issues can creep in. Its more pronounced in MEIOU because england and france start at war so a problem like yours is a game breaker.

My advice, start a new game and don't go forward and then back in time when picking a country. Forward is ok, but no going back in time. This isn't Dr Who.
    Thanks. I'm not aware of all of the game-breaking bugs, since I mainly just lurk in the background of these forums. Anyway, are there any hotfixes for 5.2 anywhere? I only see ones for 5.1.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Do not know if these issues have been raised or not, went through the last ten pages and didnt see them so I will mention them here.

Love that Province change in Iceland from Reykjavík and Akureyri to Hólar and Skálholt. But the thing is that Skálholt has the ivory trade good. I realize that this must be either walrus tusks or narwaal tusks but either one is pretty unrealistic. By the 14th century Iceland's main export was wool or dried fish (skreiğ). Iceland decimated its walrus colonies in the first decades of settlement. After that they got some from Greenland but contact with that colony was very limited by the 1300's. The ivory trade good makes Iceland a lot more valuable province than it should be.

Also Egypt and the Levant have the culture: noculture. This must be some sort of a bug?

You must have installed the Denmark improvement mod, which has an out-of-date culture file and a couple broken scripts in missions because of typos. I wouldn't use it unless it's corrected.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Nice catch! Should it be enough to reinstall the mod or is a completely fresh start needed?

I would personally reinstall, but simply replacing the cultures file in the common folder should be enough to fix that. Regardless, I would avoid using the missions from that mod unless you've fixed the scripts. There are missing brackets that cause the entire world to be converted to Pommeranian culture.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

I was wondering about the amount of colonists one recieves. I checked the stickied information about colonists but I'm not sure itf its outdated. right now I recieve 13.50 colonists a year with exploitation colonization. when and about how many colonists will I recieve with the next level?
    ZipZopBoopityBop! With the Sniflin an the Snuflin!

https://sites.google.com/site/eu3mei...ew-settlements
    13.5 colonists seems to be the maximum you're going to get.

As far as I have seen this is a great mod. Thanks to the modders.

Just one little thing is starting no bother me, the "Establish trade in Lübeck"-Mission. Playing as Austria I got the mission once, having chances between 1%-20% in Lübeck I quit it right away. After four months with no mission I saved the game and restarted MEIOU to get a new mission, well I got one, but it was "Establish trade in Lübeck".
    The Lübeck-mission keeps appearing every two or three completed missions, followed by a couple of years where I cannot quit and a long time without any mission. Not to mention that half of Europe ended up with this mission too.
    Is there a way to stop this? (except for conquering Lübeck, the result was disastrous...)

Closed Thread
Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast