Closed Thread
Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 16 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast

Thread: [MEIOU:TD] v5.2-Specific Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by YF-23 View Post
    I think it might be worth putting Baltic Paganism into the Christian group and give the Teutonic Order CBs specifically against them. It's sort of jarring to see half of Lithuania under Polish control in every game by 1360.
    I think that this is a decent idea and gives a much more accurate representation of the politics of the time, even though on the face of it putting pagans in as Christians is clearly absurd. It even lets you force them to convert to Catholicism as a result of a war, which is a pleasing (though ahistorical) possibility.

Topaz-Fisted Demi-God Moderator Mr. Capiatlist's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    Hang on, new thread to discuss religious groupings.
    -Mr. Capiatlist (Ink well):

When I speak in Rose, I do so as a Moderator. :: Forum Rules | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2 | Interactivity Rules
    (Never quote or otherwise publicly respond to my rose text. If you have a problem: PM me.)

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneMagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria 2

Burgundy acted weird today. I learned that burgundy gets an event and it can choose between England and France. The weird thing was that Great britain exists (from the year 1404, weird anyway) and Burgundy did not join Great Britain... It created England in the middle of europe!!!
    Is this fixable by adding Great britain as a beneficiary (or have burgundy join france when England doesn't exist?). It is weird how Burgundy joins england while it doesn't exist.

A weird consequence of the same issue is that england is now a member of the HRE, while even burgundy was not... extremely weird
    Last edited by Nivve; 13-12-2011 at 21:20.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

What are the family grouping regions ("Absolute Nuclear Family", etc.) used for? Does the SRI AI take them into account while calculating behaviors, or what?

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    93 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivve View Post
    Burgundy acted weird today. I learned that burgundy gets an event and it can choose between England and France. The weird thing was that Great britain exists (from the year 1404, weird anyway) and Burgundy did not join Great Britain... It created England in the middle of europe!!!
    Is this fixable by adding Great britain as a beneficiary (or have burgundy join france when England doesn't exist?). It is weird how Burgundy joins england while it doesn't exist.

A weird consequence of the same issue is that england is now a member of the HRE, while even burgundy was not... extremely weird

Shall have to correct that one

Quote Originally Posted by Ofaloaf View Post
    What are the family grouping regions ("Absolute Nuclear Family", etc.) used for? Does the SRI AI take them into account while calculating behaviors, or what?
    No, not SRI. It was one of the first steps in an attempt i made some time ago to rework the spread of protestantism, and that was halted due to lack of time. Data i have indicate that "family types" can corrolate (however directly or indirectly) with how people accept or refuse ideas. Along with many factors, it can explain why protestantism rooted in some places and not others.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post

No, not SRI. It was one of the first steps in an attempt i made some time ago to rework the spread of protestantism, and that was halted due to lack of time. Data i have indicate that "family types" can corrolate (however directly or indirectly) with how people accept or refuse ideas. Along with many factors, it can explain why protestantism rooted in some places and not others.
    As interesting as all that is, as far as I could tell, these family type regions more or less closely correlate to geographic regions. Unless these family types can change over the course of the game is there any reason why geographic regions couldn't or shouldn't be used instead?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

After uniting Japan is the capital supposed to be province 1020 - Hizen rather than 2283 - Yamashiro (Kyoto)?

Code:
    	unite_japan = {
    		potential = {
    			is_daimyo = yes
    			is_shogun = yes
    			NOT = { has_country_flag = united_daimyos_of_japan }
    			NOT = { tag = JAP }
    		}
    		allow = {
    			war = no
    			NOT = {
    				num_of_daimyos = 2
    			}
    		}
    		effect = {
    			inherit = JAP
    			change_tag = JAP
    			capital = 1020
    			government = feudal_monarchy_1
    			any_country = {
    				any_owned = {
    					limit = { region = japanese_region }
    					add_core = THIS
    				}
    			}

set_country_flag = united_daimyos_of_japan
    			prestige = 0.15
    			add_country_modifier = {
    				name = united_japan
    				duration = 365
    			}
    			remove_country_modifier = sankin_kotai 	#DW 5.1
    		}
    		ai_will_do = {
    			factor = 1
    		}
    		ai_importance = 400
    	}

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by omnipotentatus View Post
    After uniting Japan is the capital supposed to be province 1020 - Hizen rather than 2283 - Yamashiro (Kyoto)?

Code:
    	unite_japan = {
    		potential = {
    			is_daimyo = yes
    			is_shogun = yes
    			NOT = { has_country_flag = united_daimyos_of_japan }
    			NOT = { tag = JAP }
    		}
    		allow = {
    			war = no
    			NOT = {
    				num_of_daimyos = 2
    			}
    		}
    		effect = {
    			inherit = JAP
    			change_tag = JAP
    			capital = 1020
    			government = feudal_monarchy_1
    			any_country = {
    				any_owned = {
    					limit = { region = japanese_region }
    					add_core = THIS
    				}
    			}

set_country_flag = united_daimyos_of_japan
    			prestige = 0.15
    			add_country_modifier = {
    				name = united_japan
    				duration = 365
    			}
    			remove_country_modifier = sankin_kotai 	#DW 5.1
    		}
    		ai_will_do = {
    			factor = 1
    		}
    		ai_importance = 400
    	}
    Probably WAD. Kyoto was the Imperial capital, it was moved to Tokyo in 1869 during the Imperial Restoration.

When I speak in Rose, I do so as a Moderator. :: Forum Rules | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2 | Interactivity Rules
    (Never quote or otherwise publicly respond to my rose text. If you have a problem: PM me.)

A little thing I noticed: The decisions to form Lotharingia, Occitania and France don't have the standard "NOT = { tag = ERG }" line. The HRE definitely shouldn't be able to form any other nations and those could feasibly be formed by it at the moment.

March of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Also related to HRE, when you enact the last reform, your government type is not changed to that of an empire, so your king or duke or whatever will have the same lower tier title rather than emperor.
    Also when uniting Japan as the Shogun your government type is not changed to that of a feudal empire or the like, instead it remains one of those daimyo governments, in the decision code in my previous post, i had modified the decision.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDungeonlandEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the RosesEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Also, after enacting the last reform, the Emperor doesn't get any cores on the territories he inherits. That makes for a very unstable unified HRE and usually results in it breaking really, really fast.
    Knowledge is power. Hide it well.

I believe he gets cores on provinces he borders and is in his culture group, but if he got cores on all territories, he would be too powerful, not even France would stand a chance against the HRE with cores on the entire empire.
    Though it is rather easy to mod in.
    Code:
    # Renovatio triggers for Emperor...
    country_event = {
    	id = 9073
    	title = "EVTNAME9073"
    	desc = "EVTDESC9073"

major = yes
    	is_triggered_only = yes

option = {
    		name = "EVTOPTA9073"
    		change_tag = ERG
    		add_country_modifier = {
    			name = "rome_reborn"
    			duration = -1
    		}
    		any_province = {
    			limit = {
    				hre = yes
    				}
    			add_core = emperor
    		}
    		any_country = {
    			limit = {
    				hre = yes
    				is_emperor = no
    				num_of_cities = 1
    			}
    			country_event = 9074
    		}
    		dismantle_hre = yes
    	}
    }

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDungeonlandEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the RosesEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I think that it's the whole ideea of the HRE mechanic. If you're smart enough to unify it, you should be powerful enough to kick any nation's ass in no time.

Too bad this isn't gonna happen in the curent version. You get approximately 0 cores when you enact last reform
    Knowledge is power. Hide it well.

Ship Simulator Extremes

Well thank goodness they did away with the crazy rebels you used to get on new monarch every time. It killed the Savoy-led HRE when they formed. Even my mighty kilted warriors could not aid them.

Jake, every single one of your games seems to turn out epic in some way! I'd be temped to tag change just to help them out. I love the idea of the AI fomring the HRE.

Would it be possibly for an ai formed HRE to get a different event when enacting Renovatio Imperii, which gives them cores on all HRE territories, while the player still gets the old event. Or is that impossible to code?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by omnipotentatus View Post
    Would it be possibly for an ai formed HRE to get a different event when enacting Renovatio Imperii, which gives them cores on all HRE territories, while the player still gets the old event. Or is that impossible to code?
    Have two events, one with "AI = no" for the human and "AI = yes" for the computer.

Ahh nice, then that could be a solution for the ai forming the Holy Roman Empire, where they would not collapse because of rebellions but could actually survive while the player would only get cores on territories in his/her culture group or bordering the player.

Ship Simulator Extremes

Quote Originally Posted by Blxz View Post
    Jake, every single one of your games seems to turn out epic in some way! I'd be temped to tag change just to help them out. I love the idea of the AI fomring the HRE.
    One of the big boys kept the crown and passed most of the reforms, then Savoy snuck in, stole the crown and passed the hereditary rule reform then shortly afterwords formed the HRE. It was badass.

Then they imploded =(

This was in Meiou 5.0 I believe, when there were still the awesome little breakaway countries like Argyle and Fife. My first Meiou game and it was so SO hard beating down England. Once I had them slain I took some of the mainland, forced a PU on France and Portugal then the HRE happened.

I loved those little countries. What do I have to do to add them back?

Reminds me of one of the earliest EU3 games I played, back in vanilla. It was a similar situation, but the country that stole the hereditary rule reform and unified the EMpire was Corsica of all countries.

To add countries back in, you'll have to edit countries.txt, add the necessary country file in common/countries, add a country history file in history/countries, and add its flag file in the appropriate graphics folder. You will also likely want to edit province history to give the country you add cores at the start of the scenario.

Closed Thread
Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 16 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast