Closed Thread
Page 35 of 54 FirstFirst ... 10 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Thread: [MEIOU:TD] v5.2-Specific Discussion Thread

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldMount & Blade: Warband500k club

I hate to be "that guy" but are there any plans for an update? I see lots of hot fixes, and I saw reference to a version 5.2.7, but I don't see a new download link
    Only ugly on the inside

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Yes actually i tried downloading 5.2 no use, checked the main site 5.3 seems to exist no DL link, im lost... where do i get MEIOU?

Topaz-Fisted Demi-God Moderator Mr. Capiatlist's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    -Mr. Capiatlist (Ink well):

When I speak in Rose, I do so as a Moderator. :: Forum Rules | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2 | Interactivity Rules
    (Never quote or otherwise publicly respond to my rose text. If you have a problem: PM me.)

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Capiatlist View Post
    its weird i click there and it says server not found... cant open the site, its really weird. is it just me?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Can't find it either for some reason.
    MEIOU cookie From Gigau.

Works now, i guess Gigau fixed it...

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Question / Possible Bug report

The following tags have history files but no flag files:

NAH - NAH.txt
    PIP - Pipil.txt
    PUR - Purepechas.txt

In the flags directory there are some unused flags that don't match any tags in the history folder and are not rebels and are not alternative flags and therefore maybe should be removed?

BAK.tga
    BRT.tga
    HRE.tga
    HUR.tga
    IKK.tga
    IRO.tga
    KST.tga
    LIQ.tga
    SHA.tga
    SUM.tga
    VAL.tga

You also have many alternative flags. Should these be in a separate optional folder so not as to use up computer memory or maybe the game ignores them?

ALB_ALT.tga
    ALG_ALT.tga
    ARU_ALT.tga
    BOL_ALT.tga
    BRA_ALT.tga
    BRA_ALT2.tga
    BUR_ALT.tga
    CZC_ALT.tga
    DEN_ALT.tga
    DEN_ALT2.tga
    DEN_ALT3.tga
    ENG_ALT.tga
    ERG_ALT.tga
    FRB_ALT.tga
    GDW_ALT.tga
    GRE_ALT.tga
    HEJ_ALT.tga
    KNP_ALT.tga
    KRC_ALT.tga
    LGZ_ALT.tga
    LIE_ALT.tga
    LIT_ALT.tga
    MLO_ALT.tga
    MNG_ALT.tga
    MOE_ALT.tga
    MUZ_ALT.tga
    NED_ALT.tga
    NED_ALT2.tga
    NRM_former.tga
    NUS_ALT.tga
    OTT_ALT.tga
    PAD_ALT.tga
    PAR_ALT.tga
    PSK_ALT.tga
    QNG_ALT.tga
    QUE_ALT.tga
    REB_ALT.tga
    REB_ALT2.tga
    REB2.tga
    RUS_ALT.tga
    RUS_ALT2.tga
    SWE_ALT.tga
    SWE_ALT2.tga
    SWI_ALT.tga
    TEN_ALT.tga
    TIB_ALT.tga
    TUR_ALT.tga
    USA_ALT.tga
    VER_ALT.tga

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpire
    King Arthur IILead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by 17blue17 View Post
    The following tags have history files but no flag files
    Those are mesoamerican countries right, I heard that it's pretty hard to find flags for them but it's a know problem AFAIK.

In the flags directory there are some unused flags that don't match any tags in the history folder and are not rebels and are not alternative flags and therefore maybe should be removed?
    I guess it's the flags from the countries that have been deleted from the HttT version of MEIOU. As the game loads only the flag related to the countries designated in common/countries.txt they is no need to delete them.

You also have many alternative flags. Should these be in a separate optional folder so not as to use up computer memory or maybe the game ignores them?
    The alts are here just in case you don't like the actual flag so you can change it by replacing the original flag. No need to delete, they don't use meomry (well, except your HDD memory).

I am playing MEIOU 5.2 and I currently have two concerns.

- One of them is the annoying "testing decision" which can be successfully handled by deleting its line from the decision file.
    - The second is that, a nation can declare indulgence whatever her religion is. Moreover, when a non-christian country executes that decision they immediately take it back saying "we no longer care about christianity". Adding the line "religion=catholic" to the potential and allow parts of the decision did not help but produce two "seek less religious news" decisions to pop up. This causes clutter and I guess some more lag.

Would you kindly remove the first one and make the second one only avaliable to christian (or maybe only catholic) countries?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourLead and GoldMajesty II CollectionSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    There is a modifier called Reckless. It is hitting my prestige very badly for long time. Is there a way from escape it?

Quote Originally Posted by CanOmer View Post
    There is a modifier called Reckless. It is hitting my prestige very badly for long time. Is there a way from escape it?
    Yes. Edit the file. It has a typo decreasing prestige by 10% instead of 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by barisakbay View Post
    I am playing MEIOU 5.2 and I currently have two concerns.

- One of them is the annoying "testing decision" which can be successfully handled by deleting its line from the decision file.
    - The second is that, a nation can declare indulgence whatever her religion is. Moreover, when a non-christian country executes that decision they immediately take it back saying "we no longer care about christianity". Adding the line "religion=catholic" to the potential and allow parts of the decision did not help but produce two "seek less religious news" decisions to pop up. This causes clutter and I guess some more lag.

Would you kindly remove the first one and make the second one only avaliable to christian (or maybe only catholic) countries?
    where is the decision file for "testing decision"?

Recruit
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: Rome

The DL link is down again.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty 2Rome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

I've been playing MEIOU for a few weeks with Divine Wind, and being also new I'm not sure how changes come about to this game, but I'd like to point out Punjab's flag is wrong and it should be instead that of Rajputana in the game which is also wrong, I'm not sure what Rajputana's actual flag is but I just swapped the two in my version.

Also Punjab should be a Sikh Empire (after the end of the confederacy), not a Hindu kingdom, and Sikhism should be the majority religion of the province adjacent easterly to the one containing Lahore at least by the time of the founding of the Sikh confederacy (a noble republic but in the game is shown as a kingdom).

Many of the provinces of Punjab are anachronistic, like the province of the city of Chandigarh which wasn't founded till after the partition of India.

Also Punjab controlled Kabul and Delhi during the (latter) time-line of this game, though they never "cored" it obviously.

The rulers of Punjab are also incorrect, I could provide a proper list if required.

There are other minor errors relating to Punjab which I'll have to get back to you on, but that's some of them.

As you may have already guessed I'm Punjabi myself and I know a quite a considerable amount of northern Indian and Sikh related history.

Also in the vanilla version of the game, Elizabeth I is shown as being the ruler who lost Calais, but it was actually Mary I who did, I'm not sure if this is corrected in this mod.

Oh and the Byzantine missions aren't working, a hotfix would be nice, I'm not very familiar with how to edit the files.

[EDIT] Also I'm disappointed by the removal of Hindustan, and the suggestion that the Mughal Empire is an equivalent for the northern Indian cultures, which if you ever asked a Hindu or Sikh what they thought of that notion, they'd probably laugh. Also the Gupta moniker is anachronistic, for example hypothetically if England became fragmented and reunified, you wouldn't call it something on the lines of the Tudor Kingdom, assuming the ruler wasn't a Tudor of course!
    Last edited by giansideros; 21-10-2011 at 11:40. Reason: Additional point

I hate video games HabemusZlatan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club

Other than being anachronistic, it also gives you core on the Dravidic region of India which the Guptas never conquered.

The Maurya Empire would have made more sense territory wise, even if the Guptas reached the pinnacle in the indian civilization.

As an Indian player myself I would appreciate if instead of the Guptas you would get two different unification tags for the northern half and southern half of india (The Vijayanagar Empire is good enough imho and probably doesn't need an unification tag, just cores). Probably Hindustan is good enough (since the northen half of india has that name apparently), but the complete indian unification tag would be something along the lines of "Bharata Empire".

Just a suggestion, feel free to trash it if it asks too much but I really feel some regions need some work to make the mod really a state-of-the-art one (the Nanboku-chō period in Japan is among these, a correct Ethiopian representation and maybe the revival of Aksumite Kingdom, some more believable variety in India, a more deep Mughal Empire, the possibility for Tibet to conquer Bengal as they did in reality).
    Last edited by HabemusZlatan; 21-10-2011 at 15:48.
    Here be dragons

Quote Originally Posted by giansideros View Post
    [EDIT] Also I'm disappointed by the removal of Hindustan, and the suggestion that the Mughal Empire is an equivalent for the northern Indian cultures, which if you ever asked a Hindu or Sikh what they thought of that notion, they'd probably laugh. Also the Gupta moniker is anachronistic, for example hypothetically if England became fragmented and reunified, you wouldn't call it something on the lines of the Tudor Kingdom, assuming the ruler wasn't a Tudor of course!
    This is a good point. How would you feel about a united India being called Bhāratam? Not sure how anachronistic calling it so would be. But I do agree that Hindustan as a name seems quite a bit more Persian than Indian.

As for your issues with the provinces in the Punjab region, if you have a more accurate division of the land, you should post it in the Cartographer's Corner thread. Simply put, since the game stretches from 1356 to 1821, the map has to be applicable enough to work throughout this time frame. There isn't a way to have provinces added over the course of the game, for example. Some Anachronisms are going to be unavoidable.

Quote Originally Posted by europolis View Post
    where is the decision file for "testing decision"?
    It is located within "D - Hands-Off Tests.txt". I deleted the line and it is gone so I wanted to remind about deleting it from the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by barisakbay View Post
    It is located within "D - Hands-Off Tests.txt". I deleted the line and it is gone so I wanted to remind about deleting it from the mod.
    so i can just remove it?
    thanks.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty 2Rome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

HabemusZlatan brings up excellent points, also a Bharata Empire would be the best name for a unification of both Dravidian and North-Indian cultures.

How would you feel about a united India being called Bhāratam? Not sure how anachronistic calling it so would be.
    This wouldn't be anachronistic actually, however a Muslim ruler during the game's time-line would never use that appellation and instead would instead use Hindustan.

But I do agree that Hindustan as a name seems quite a bit more Persian than Indian.
    Not necessarily, in ancient India this would have been silly but during the games time-line and even today, due to having drawn a lot of influence from our Iranian neighbours, this term would be fine, well for those cultures whose vocabulary has been influenced by Iranian anyway and in fact I'd imagine most Indians being completely ok with and even oblivious to the Iranian connotations of the name. However a large and significant number of Hindu nationalists and extremists do prefer Sanskrit based terminology, so I feel Bharatam should take precedence over Hindustan, and Hindustan if used should only be used for the Northern Indian states.

To add regarding "-stan", the separatist Sikh movement in India calls for the creation of a Khalistan instead of a Punjab, which highlights the secular and cultural integration of this term in India.

Some Anachronisms are going to be unavoidable.
    Thank you for the suggestion, I'll have to look into that and suggest improvements at some point, however my point regarding Chandigarh was that it didn't even exist during the games time frame, having been founded in the 1950s.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Evander View Post
    Those are mesoamerican countries right, I heard that it's pretty hard to find flags for them but it's a know problem AFAIK.
    The best flag I could find for PUR - Purepechas.txt for my personal mod came from here:

http://www.purhepecha.com.mx/ceremon...ha-vp3516.html

You are welcome to use it if you want

Download http://www.mediafire.com/file/aybag1chhgi8f87/PUR.tga

Closed Thread
Page 35 of 54 FirstFirst ... 10 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast