Closed Thread
Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 47 ... LastLast

Thread: [MEIOU:TD] v5.2-Specific Discussion Thread

Playing as England I got a "free" idea - Quest for the new world. The year is now 1495 and I've discovered almost the entire world. No other Western country is exploring and thus no other country than England has colonies. It seems to me that it's way too easy to explore. All you need is a small navy, an explorer and the odd diplomat to gain military access to a large number of new world countries (+25 relation is quite enough). It could be that my country is too strong compared to the rest of Europe, but making it much harder to sign military access treaties with new world countries, would surely slow down the exploration pace.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Are Italian Nationalist suppose to spawn?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post

I wonder why you make such a demand

Any particular trigger there should be ?
    Owning at least one wheat province? For the beer?

Otherwise: Bayreuth, Coburg-Cotha, Oberpfalz, Nürnberg, Ansbach, Würzburg and eventually Vogtland. A mission to show Bavaria "its place" would be nice, too

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Also the event that give a free workshop is broken now that workshop is a level 5 building instant upgrade past tech level.

Quote Originally Posted by Franconian View Post
    Owning at least one wheat province? For the beer?
    I would have thought a beer province would be better for beer

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzle View Post
    I would have thought a beer province would be better for beer
    I should pay closer attention to trade goods

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by JiangShaoWei View Post
    Also the event that give a free workshop is broken now that workshop is a level 5 building instant upgrade past tech level.
    I'm sure that have been fixed for 5.3
    MEIOU cookie From Gigau.

New to MEIOU. Very interesting so far so thanks everyone for the great work.

I noticed a couple of issues:

Every once in a while, one country "loses" their first national idea (it appears as black / empty square on their national ideas list) and they keep re-choosing a national idea every month or something. This goes on forever. A save and re-load fixes the problem but I saw this happening to different countries 3 times at least. Is this a MEIOU problem or an EU3 bug?

I noticed that when pretender rebels rise the event text says something like "our beloved leader died, etc.". However, the leader hadn't died recently or anything like that so the event text has no context and makes no sense. I think it should be changed to something that makes more sense or maybe more generic.

Thanks.

Is the decietful trait suppossed to disappear after your leader has died, cause in my game it did not and my new leaders traits mentioned nothing about him being decietful.

Also while playing as bryanthia i just got the province of hizen in japan through the whole trading post series of events. This of course started a war with all the daymios of japan but not with japan itself. so the war leader is the nation which owened hizen at the time which also was its only province. Now im stuck in a never ending war with all of japan except japan itself and have no way to peace out with any of the daymios let alone the war leader.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV

Don't know if it's been mentioned to you previously, but there's not Mission Header localization for the Buddhists. Found that out right at the beginning of a Thai game.

Also, while obviously a design-choice, "Sweden-Sverige" looks pretty weird. If one side is a revolter then shouldn't it be based on that revolt and then be allowed to tag-switch to Sweden-proper if victorious?

On an unrelated note: What-with it's "Insignificant Mahayana Community/Persecuted Theravada Presence/Oppressed Oriental Orthodox Presence/...." provincial modifiers, and various relevant religious actions, I presume it's a lot more complicated to mod stuff in for MEIOU compared to vanilla's "Add in religion.txt -> Put in a graphic -> Put in a province!"?

Edit: And is Egypt really supposed to be that empty of Oriental Orthodox Christian presences? No Copts around at all? Or were they really that expelled from the Nile and just on the edges of the country (Even Asyut?)? There are many millions of them now, after all, and the provinces with presences are Nubian rather than Egyptian.

10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    94 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEast India Company CollectionFor the MotherlandGalactic AssaultGettysburg
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GameRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms event
    Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder WizardWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Ancient SpaceCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BandC View Post
    New to MEIOU. Very interesting so far so thanks everyone for the great work.

I noticed a couple of issues:

Every once in a while, one country "loses" their first national idea (it appears as black / empty square on their national ideas list) and they keep re-choosing a national idea every month or something. This goes on forever. A save and re-load fixes the problem but I saw this happening to different countries 3 times at least. Is this a MEIOU problem or an EU3 bug?

I noticed that when pretender rebels rise the event text says something like "our beloved leader died, etc.". However, the leader hadn't died recently or anything like that so the event text has no context and makes no sense. I think it should be changed to something that makes more sense or maybe more generic.

Thanks.
    Indeed! This unfortunately is a game engine error and can't be fixed without script that we can't add to the game unless you want it to be slower that it currently runs. When you see this save and reload and the empty slot will be the last one and be filled thus avoiding the endless NI switching.
    - March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I've noticed something really strange with the Byzantine-Ottoman wars. The Ottomans will declare war really early, invade, siege all the provinces, and win in everywhere except Constantinople. Then they'll sit in Constantinople for a couple of decades, get the garrison below 1000, and then white peace out. The Ottomans then seem to have no navy, and the Byzantines invade, retake Gallipoli, and then both sides will sit staring at each other, declaring war every so often. So far, it's happened exactly like that in four different games, and I'm not exactly sure why.

I don't know if anyone said this or not, but every now and then I get a "Restore Union" CB on random countries that last for a couple days then disappers. It happened to Savoy and Flanders, the pope (NEWPOPE_4) and when a provinces defects during war (I forget the name) have random text, and I get missions to restorre unions with CBs. (Also, I don't know if it's a glitch or it's just not showing up or what, but I never see any notices saying anything SRI related, like nenemey of an enemey , etc. How can I check if it is installed?)
    Last edited by lkjggfs; 01-09-2011 at 14:18.

Quote Originally Posted by SAS View Post
    Indeed! This unfortunately is a game engine error and can't be fixed without script that we can't add to the game unless you want it to be slower that it currently runs. When you see this save and reload and the empty slot will be the last one and be filled thus avoiding the endless NI switching.
    I see, thanks. Is this just a visual bug or does this country lose the use of that NI during this bug effectively crippling it a little bit?

Can you comment on my other question/comment (pretender rebel event text)? Thanks.

94 games registered

DiplomacyEast India Company CollectionFor the MotherlandGalactic AssaultGettysburg
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossThe Kings Crusade
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GameRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms event
    Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder WizardWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Ancient SpaceCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Blog Entries
    No its a bug for sure, I have tested it and it does indeed mess the AI up. The only way to fix it as of yet is to save and reload.

I thought that localization was fixed. What was the name of the actual event that fired?

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

Quote Originally Posted by SAS View Post
    No its a bug for sure, I have tested it and it does indeed mess the AI up. The only way to fix it as of yet is to save and reload.

I thought that localization was fixed. What was the name of the actual event that fired?
    It's not localization. Rather, the way the event fires is confusing. It says pretender rebels rose because our beloved leader is dead but the leader didn't recently die or anything so it doesn't make sense. I'll try to get the event text/number the next time it fires.

94 games registered

Blog Entries
    Sounds great, thanks

Thanks for great mod!
    I find some mistakes and have a little suggestion.

1.In vanilla's GC,Denmark, Sweden and Norway have the same name king, but they are not union and independent each other.Is it yourrs intention?

2.In Byzantine's fall,Venice has ally with Sicily,but there isn't Sicily.
    Aragon is the leader of the union with Napoli,Aragon has ally with Two Sicily

3.In 1502, I chose Urbino.When I select it, Urbino has ally with Toscana.There is not Toscana ,but is Firenze.

4.In the period of Northen great war, Sweden is at war with Denmark, not with Denmark-Norway.
    It makes Sweden a little easy to win the war or get white peace.

5. I plyaed with Netherlands in eighty years war and get all my core provinces by surrender events.
    It is a very fantastic events, but the affect of the event which adds one infamy is a little strong, I think.
    I think adding two infamy is better.What do you think about?

I'm sorry of my poor English

Sergeant
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis IV

I found a few things wrong with two Canadian provinces. 1336 and 1337, Qikiqtaaluk and Aivilimmiutut.

After colonizing them i found both provinces have a base tax of zero. After opening up the files i found neither has any data and i'm not sure if this is intended but i doubt it. Maybe it was intended because these two provinces would be very poor at the time. Without data the base tax is set to zero and their trade good is wheat, i really doubt wheat would grow in that climate.

Aivilimmiutut also shows up as having a port under its tooltip, however this province has no port...

Only minor problems, the mod as always is great.

Closed Thread
Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 47 ... LastLast