Closed Thread
Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 23 38 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast

Thread: [MEIOU:TD] v5.2-Specific Discussion Thread

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneMagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Elryos View Post
    As far as I have seen this is a great mod. Thanks to the modders.

Just one little thing is starting no bother me, the "Establish trade in Lübeck"-Mission. Playing as Austria I got the mission once, having chances between 1%-20% in Lübeck I quit it right away. After four months with no mission I saved the game and restarted MEIOU to get a new mission, well I got one, but it was "Establish trade in Lübeck".
    The Lübeck-mission keeps appearing every two or three completed missions, followed by a couple of years where I cannot quit and a long time without any mission. Not to mention that half of Europe ended up with this mission too.
    Is there a way to stop this? (except for conquering Lübeck, the result was disastrous...)
    Maybe it is possible to have 'OR' missions. To stay with Lübeck as an example: So you can establish trade in Lübeck for the mission OR you can finish it by owning a center of trade or something. Especially when focusing on production tech this mission gets really annoying.
    If this is possible you can also have 'OR' mission for other issues (Conquer [province] OR increase relations to 150) when the mission is not desirable. The example is not important, it would just be cool to have an option to finish a mission without a prestige hit. This is not too circumvent the hit, the alternative may even be more difficult than the 'normal' option the mission needs currently.

As far as I have seen this is a great mod. Thanks to the modders.

Just one little thing is starting no bother me, the "Establish trade in Lübeck"-Mission. Playing as Austria I got the mission once, having chances between 1%-20% in Lübeck I quit it right away. After four months with no mission I saved the game and restarted MEIOU to get a new mission, well I got one, but it was "Establish trade in Lübeck".
    The Lübeck-mission keeps appearing every two or three completed missions, followed by a couple of years where I cannot quit and a long time without any mission. Not to mention that half of Europe ended up with this mission too.
    Is there a way to stop this? (except for conquering Lübeck, the result was disastrous...)
    I think that you shouldn't get an "Establish trade in..." (It's not only Lubeck. I had it in Severnaya Rus!) if you have your own center of trade. It's true that it's an annoying mission. And a sure prestige loss for non max-free trade countries.

Apart from the trade mission, I´ve got some other questions now.
    The event "Benign Neglect" gives me either 10% plus in taxes in one province (and something else) or 500 ducats right away. As 500 ducats is my income of 4 years, I wonder whether this event is correct as it is.
    What triggers the event "Capital Unrest"? It fires always at the end of the last one and has no actual effect, at least for me.
    Although I´m not the emperor of the HRE I´m getting a core province, if I´m conquering imperial provinces from non-members. Should it be like this?
    Somehow I didn´t get any missions which would give me a CB in the last time (are there still the country specific missions?) and now I even got the mission to make myself the lesser partner in a personal union. It would be nice if there could be more CB-giving missions.
    And a last one: I´ve got 100 prestige, 0 infamy, it says "Gorz gets inherited by Austria on death of monarch" and I´m in no war so far, in spite of that I don´t inherit Gorz when the king dies. Why is that so?

Ship Simulator Extremes

Apart from the trade mission, I´ve got some other questions now.
    The event "Benign Neglect" gives me either 10% plus in taxes in one province (and something else) or 500 ducats right away. As 500 ducats is my income of 4 years, I wonder whether this event is correct as it is.
    What triggers the event "Capital Unrest"? It fires always at the end of the last one and has no actual effect, at least for me.
    Although I´m not the emperor of the HRE I´m getting a core province, if I´m conquering imperial provinces from non-members. Should it be like this?
    Somehow I didn´t get any missions which would give me a CB in the last time (are there still the country specific missions?) and now I even got the mission to make myself the lesser partner in a personal union. It would be nice if there could be more CB-giving missions.
    And a last one: I´ve got 100 prestige, 0 infamy, it says "Gorz gets inherited by Austria on death of monarch" and I´m in no war so far, in spite of that I don´t inherit Gorz when the king dies. Why is that so?
    1) Yeah, That event is massively overpowered. I believe they're either lowering the amount of money you get or tying it to the income of that province, like they do in DW5.1

2) This has always been the case. You are reclaiming imperial lands from a non-member, and as a reward for fighting for the empire, you are seen as the rightful ruler of these lands.

3) No idea about your missions, sorry

4) The message telling you if you will form a PU/inherit is pretty much useless. Sometimes it says you will inherit and nothing happens, sometimes it says nothing will happen and you form a PU. It's garbage and was a DW5.1 issue too, not just Meiou.

Somebody commented earlier about missions having OR clauses. The mission the Hansa gets in DW5.1 "Ending the sound toll" has an OR in it (190 relations with Denmark OR owning those sound toll provinces)

The mission to put yourself into a personal union is a mistake in the mission file. Check out all the quick fixes. There is one that will set it back to normal and give you a cb to force a PU with the target country. Very nice.

Could anyone explain PU's to me? I'm starting to wonder there might be a bug. I have relations above 170 all the time, same religion (at least for the bigger part of the PU) and higher prestige then my PU's. I wasn't at war either.

I am playing as Burgundy and i got the event in which i had to choose to whom i would give my lands, i chose to continue playing as Burgundy. I'm thinking that event might have something to do with my PU problem, because after this event i haven't been able to inherit any of my 6 PU's. (I managed to inherit Flanders at the start somewhere)

Am i doing something wrong or should i be patient?EU3_7.png

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneMagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by DDRJake View Post
    1) Yeah, That event is massively overpowered. I believe they're either lowering the amount of money you get or tying it to the income of that province, like they do in DW5.1

2) This has always been the case. You are reclaiming imperial lands from a non-member, and as a reward for fighting for the empire, you are seen as the rightful ruler of these lands.

3) No idea about your missions, sorry

4) The message telling you if you will form a PU/inherit is pretty much useless. Sometimes it says you will inherit and nothing happens, sometimes it says nothing will happen and you form a PU. It's garbage and was a DW5.1 issue too, not just Meiou.

Somebody commented earlier about missions having OR clauses. The mission the Hansa gets in DW5.1 "Ending the sound toll" has an OR in it (190 relations with Denmark OR owning those sound toll provinces)
    That would mean that it's at least possible to have OR missions, that I did not yet know. Could spice up some of the missions and 'Fix' the establish trade missions.

Quote Originally Posted by handigeharrie View Post
    Could anyone explain PU's to me? I'm starting to wonder there might be a bug. I have relations above 170 all the time, same religion (at least for the bigger part of the PU) and higher prestige then my PU's. I wasn't at war either.

I am playing as Burgundy and i got the event in which i had to choose to whom i would give my lands, i chose to continue playing as Burgundy. I'm thinking that event might have something to do with my PU problem, because after this event i haven't been able to inherit any of my 6 PU's. (I managed to inherit Flanders at the start somewhere)

Am i doing something wrong or should i be patient?Attachment 45799
    It is pure chance every time your monarch dies. I have had 3 PU's and upon the first monarch death they all got inherited. Meanwhile I have seen MEIOU mod AAR's (Cuzco, such a winner) that have had issues where they just can't seem to inherit for ages and ages.

If you check out the diplomacy of your nation and you have been in a PU for more than 50 years you can 'Integrate' the nation. This is basically a force inherit. Use it well my young padawan!

In the HRE, the integrate option is a very bad idea
    I want to inherit with cores. It does seem to be chance, i've experimented with the ''die'' cheat and the AI burgundy did inherit a few countries with it.

Quote Originally Posted by handigeharrie View Post
    In the HRE, the integrate option is a very bad idea
    I want to inherit with cores. It does seem to be chance, i've experimented with the ''die'' cheat and the AI burgundy did inherit a few countries with it.
    Ah, of course....HRE. My mistake. I rarely play empire. It is just time then, and luck.

Yearly infamy costs in the HRE make it a tremendously boring region to play in compared to its immediate neighbors, even if the HRE was supposed to maintain the status quo. For my next game, I'm going to lower it to .1 and see the results. As for the inheritance, it can sometimes take a very long for things to happenbased on chance. People have reported core times taking the full 300 years, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by DDRJake View Post
    2) Then my fault. I thought only the emperor would be able to do this. Since I´ve either been emperor or a non-member I haven´t experienced otherwise so far.
    4) Too bad, but in Chronicles the message has always been correct, lucky me.^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Blxz View Post
    The mission to put yourself into a personal union is a mistake in the mission file. Check out all the quick fixes. There is one that will set it back to normal and give you a cb to force a PU with the target country. Very nice.
    My fault again, I believe I downloaded that hotfix, but I might have installed it into the wrong file.
    Edit: Or maybe not, which hotfix would that be? Just to be sure.

Edit: Or maybe not, which hotfix would that be? Just to be sure.
    This one.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...omatic-mission

Hello. I want to install MEIOU, but I have a question. Will it overwrite the vanilla DW?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcvalons View Post
    Hello. I want to install MEIOU, but I have a question. Will it overwrite the vanilla DW?
    Nope! You put it in the mod folder of EU3. Nothing is overwritten at all. Well, unless you do the 2GB fix, but the only effect that has on vanilla is that it changes the checksum.

Hey, I was just wondering if the hotfixes on the download page were already a part of the download itself or had to be downloaded seperately?

Quote Originally Posted by apsycobear View Post
    Hey, I was just wondering if the hotfixes on the download page were already a part of the download itself or had to be downloaded seperately?
    Separate for now. Next version is coming in the near future and the fixes will be included then.

Thanks, another question (sorry but new to the mod as you can likely tell). I was playing Papal States and i got a popup thing having to do with the one true faith (one that desbribes how religion was a driving force at the time). After clicking on the only available option it said i discovered roma and one of my other provinces, is this intentional or a bug?

Intentional, part of Dei Gratia's startup script

Yeah, it doesn't do much for the Papal states but if you are a muslim in the indonesian region it is strange to not know where mecca is. So the script reveals your religions main religious centres. Of course the papal states already knows where that is.

Closed Thread
Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 23 38 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast