Closed Thread
Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 15 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast

Thread: [MEIOU:TD] v5.2-Specific Discussion Thread

I tried enacting the colonial hub decision and it didn't give me a core in the province. I don't know if it's related to the fact that I hadn't enough money at that time (I was only testing to see what it did).

Also, is there some kind of block against gaining cores on unlawful imperial provinces? I've conquered Masha (as Firenze) around the beginning, 1360 or so, and two hundred years later, it's still not a core.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Quote Originally Posted by Opera View Post
    Also, is there some kind of block against gaining cores on unlawful imperial provinces? I've conquered Masha (as Firenze) around the beginning, 1360 or so, and two hundred years later, it's still not a core.
    Nope, just got a core on Lübeck as Denmark. HRE province owned by a member of HRE actually speeds the core process slightly up, but most likely it will still take a while, but no more than 300 years.

Some other observations from that game:
    The colonize Y mission triggers for TI (Ter Sami).
    The triggered modifier Colonist reinforcement gives +1 spy/year. I assume that should have been +1 colonist or is it to help with TPs?
    The event to establish a TP costs a colonist, but the TP can be established without any.
    I got the TP event in an undiscovered province, according to the 'What is this mod about' sticky, that shouldn't be possible.
    After establiching a TP, the spy mission to get a core is 90%+ in all 3 off mine, this is probably way too high even though my prestige is high.
    The 'Discover neighboring provinces' province decision only works, if selected from the ledger, not from the province.
    The epic battle for a WC under the BB limit continues in HttT:
    Oui nous pouvons - A HTTT British WC while staying under the BB-limit

Quote Originally Posted by bananafishtoday View Post
    Notepad++ opens them? For me, normal Notepad always crashed when trying to open save files, so I assumed they were more than text files and just use MichaelM's editor.
    They're just normal text files. Admittedly they are very large text files, and notepad doesn't seem to cope very well but it will open them if you give it a couple of minutes. Notepad++ works perfectly and opens them pretty instantly.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Back to my question for a second. I have very little knowledge in modding and reading code. I want to edit Dauphine's status as a vassal but have no clue where to look. can anyone help?
    ZipZopBoopityBop! With the Sniflin an the Snuflin!

Search for this code:
    Code:
    	vassal=
    	{
    		first="DAU"
    		second="DAU"
    		start_date="(some numbers)"
    	}
    You can really only do a search for 'vassal=' and visually check the rest. At least, that's what it'll look like if Dauphiné is a vassal of itself. Otherwise, just look for 'second="DAU"'. When you find it, delete that whole segment (from 'vassal' to the final close bracket).

On a side note, I've found an interesting bug that's bloating savegame files - the Declaration of Indulgences decision isn't limited to Catholics, but when it's taken by a non-Catholic nation its modifier is soon removed by event; and so the AI keeps taking the decision every chance it gets. This is recorded in the history every few months, leading to savegame files that are 50mb by 1650. Non-Catholic AI histories are basically 80% 'decision = declaration_of_indulgences'.
    Last edited by Sjiveru; 10-12-2011 at 06:36.
    俺はMEIOUずきだ。

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

thank you, very helpful
    ZipZopBoopityBop! With the Sniflin an the Snuflin!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Sjiveru View Post
    On a side note, I've found an interesting bug that's bloating savegame files - the Declaration of Indulgences decision isn't limited to Catholics, but when it's taken by a non-Catholic nation its modifier is soon removed by event; and so the AI keeps taking the decision every chance it gets. This is recorded in the history every few months, leading to savegame files that are 50mb by 1650. Non-Catholic AI histories are basically 80% 'decision = declaration_of_indulgences'.
    Ooo wow, good catch. My MEIOU files are like twice as large as my vanilla ones, this explains why...

I was trying to write a regular expression to find all instances of this, and just learned that Notepad++'s regex can't actually find new lines. ~_~
    Code:
    \s*\d*\.\d*\.\d*=\{\s*decision="declaration_of_indulgence"\s*\}
    That should find it in any Java-based regex implementation though. (Obviously back up the save file first before using a find-replace to delete chucks of data from it. )
    Last edited by bananafishtoday; 10-12-2011 at 09:19.
    The Chronicles of the Norse - A Jorvik AAR (CK2, active)

Pine, Bamboo, and Plum - A Song AAR (EU3 MEIOU, dead for foreseeable future)
    Winner: Weekly AAR Showcase 11/20/11 - Character Writer of the Week 12/4/11, 10/7/12 - AARland Choice AwAARd Q4 2011, Q3 2012

While I'm happy to know why my save files are so big, I fail to use this regex with Notepad++ and TextPad. With which program should I use it?

Couldn't you use the Replace With function and replace all instances of "decision="declaration_of_indulgence"" with ""? Won't get rid of the newline characters, but out of 36 bytes of each instance you get rid of 35.

e: Oh wait right there's the dates too.
    Last edited by YF-23; 10-12-2011 at 14:03.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Yeah, it doesn't work with Notepad++ because apparently Notepad++ regexes can't span multiple lines. I used this in VIM to clear it out:
    Code:
    :%s:\s*\d*\.\d*\.\d*=\_s*{\_s*decision="declaration_of_indulgence"\_s*}::
    But it turns out this isn't what makes the same game files so big. The whole text block is like 40-60 bytes, and in a 1511 save of mine there were 2600 instances. My 39mb save file only got trimmed down 160kb by removing the text. So this isn't what's bloating the files.

Edit: Also it's pretty funny I managed to go from not knowing Notepad++ edits EU saves to being disappointed it doesn't edit them well enough in the span of half this page.
    Last edited by bananafishtoday; 10-12-2011 at 15:10.
    The Chronicles of the Norse - A Jorvik AAR (CK2, active)

Pine, Bamboo, and Plum - A Song AAR (EU3 MEIOU, dead for foreseeable future)
    Winner: Weekly AAR Showcase 11/20/11 - Character Writer of the Week 12/4/11, 10/7/12 - AARland Choice AwAARd Q4 2011, Q3 2012

Yeah, I just erased all instances of the text enclosed in the brackets in my ~1700 game and it only reduced the size by something over 300kB. There's probably no way around 50+MB savefiles with all the stuff MEIOU adds, even when you clear away redundancy.

Also related to the declaration of indulgence, one of the DG maintenance events removes religious modifiers if you're secular. These modifiers include the declaration of indulgence and statute in restraint of appeals which make perfect sense for secular nations and can just be taken again immediately (which the AI will probably do, right?).

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    I get a file exception when trying to run this mod.

File exception
    \disfile.ccp; line 55
    could not open file

I hate video games HabemusZlatan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of War

May I also suggest to give Mali the "Wrath of God" modifier, and Songhai the "Blessing of God" one? Mali isn't supposed to become a massive behemoth every game, is supposed to collapse and being conquered by Songhai.
    Here be dragons

Quote Originally Posted by YF-23 View Post
    Yeah, I just erased all instances of the text enclosed in the brackets in my ~1700 game and it only reduced the size by something over 300kB. There's probably no way around 50+MB savefiles with all the stuff MEIOU adds, even when you clear away redundancy.
    Yeah, I hadn't tried deleting those, so I assumed it was the cause ^_^ Still worth fixing for next version.
    俺はMEIOUずきだ。

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    95 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HabemusZlatan View Post
    May I also suggest to give Mali the "Wrath of God" modifier, and Songhai the "Blessing of God" one? Mali isn't supposed to become a massive behemoth every game, is supposed to collapse and being conquered by Songhai.
    Could be worth a shot. At least give one of the two the adequate modifier.
    Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual
    If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...

Europa Universalis IV
    MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<<

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3
    Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp.
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication
    Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club !

Topaz-Fisted Demi-God Moderator Mr. Capiatlist's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    I would strongly suggest splitting the pagan religions up into their own groups. I just got the heresy event as a pagan Lithuania and suddenly I have a province of Incan worshipers.
    -Mr. Capiatlist (Ink well):

When I speak in Rose, I do so as a Moderator. :: Forum Rules | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2 | Interactivity Rules
    (Never quote or otherwise publicly respond to my rose text. If you have a problem: PM me.)

Maybe you could pretend they are generic sun worshippers?

Make an Inti Russia AAR stat.

I think it might be worth putting Baltic Paganism into the Christian group and give the Teutonic Order CBs specifically against them. It's sort of jarring to see half of Lithuania under Polish control in every game by 1360.

Closed Thread
Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 15 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast