Closed Thread
Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Thread: [MEIOU:TD] v5.2-Specific Discussion Thread

In my game as Brandenburg, Guyenne is listed as a vassal of both France and England. Also, they are so large that the peace cost to release them is over 100%. This seems weird and maybe not so good.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneMagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria 2

So in my game I was attacking Alsace as the netherlands.
    It all went fluid. they have two provinces, the problem is the 5000 garrison which will take a while.

I think I have the time so I just put 20k men on each province and wait them out.
    They have a lot of spy defense, I only get 1% chance so spies do not work.

However sieging appears to not count towards violence!!!
    I love the auto-WP after a while when both countries are doing nothing, but I am sieging their whole country at once.
    Can you change in the next version that sieging counts towards violence, it;s really annoying to see >100, followed by an unwanted White peace

I got a message that a country has reevaluated it's relationship to me in light of events (or something similar) but the button didn't say what that actually meant. I am not sure how to interpret that one. I presume it's part of the new AI which is great, but it would be helpful to understand what the nature of their change in view is.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Ok update on my PU with Savoy. Over 100 years have passed! 7 Kings and still no inheritance

It'll happen. You just need a good king as a sucessor, as well as perfect legit, high prestige, and a good relationship with them. Do you have these?

Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangku View Post
    It'll happen. You just need a good king as a sucessor, as well as perfect legit, high prestige, and a good relationship with them. Do you have these?
    not always a good successor, but all other have been always at teh top. prestige atleast 50 points higher than them.

A good successor generally helps. If you are desperate, mod the stats of your next ruler, as it will not apply to your personal union kings if you edit just your own leader file.

I hate video games HabemusZlatan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Aragon appears to be obsessed by Balkan-Greek provinces-In one of my games, they outright annexed Trebisond without a proper CB, seizing the province of Dobrogea in the process.

The funniest thing is that they lost both Magnesia (to the byzantines) and Athens (nationalists) because of rebels but they seem to be incredibly efficient in defending those two provinces.
    Here be dragons

flavor edit: I added and corrected some names for Byzantine Empire. It includes now most names of former emperors

monarch_names = {
    "Ioannes #6" = 20
    "Konstantinos #10" = 20
    "Andronikos #4" = 20
    "Michael #9" = 20
    "Manuel #1" = 10
    "Theodoros #2" = 2
    "Andreas #0" = 2
    "Demetrios #0" = 2
    "Thomas #0" = 2
    "Alexios #5" = 1
    "Aineias #0" = 1
    "Alexandros #3" = 1
    "Ambrosios #0" = 1
    "Anastasios #2" = 1
    "Basileios #2" = 1
    "Bartholomaios #0" = 1
    "Chrysanthos #0" = 1
    "Diogenes #0" = 1
    "Dionysos #0" = 1
    "Eirenaios #0" = 1
    "Elpidios #0" = 1
    "Georgios #0" = 1
    "Gregorios #0" = 1
    "Hektor #0" = 1
    "Herakles #0" = 1
    "Iason #0" = 1
    "Ioustinianos #2" = 1
    "Isaakios #2" = 1
    "Kastor #0" = 1
    "Konstans #2" = 1
    "Leon #6" = 1
    "Matthaios #1" = 1
    "Nestor #0" = 1
    "Nikephoros #3" = 1
    "Nikolaos #0" = 1
    "Nikomedes #0" = 1
    "Orestes #0" = 1
    "Palaemon #0" = 1
    "Pavlos #0" = 1
    "Pelagios #0" = 1
    "Petros #0" = 1
    "Philemon #0" = 1
    "Philippos #0" = 1
    "Prokopios #0" = 1
    "Romanos #4" = 1
    "Stefanos #0" = 1
    "Theodosios #3" = 1
    "Tiberios #3" = 1
    }

The HRE seems to expand anachronistically, in my current game the date is 1497 and Denmark, Sweden and Norway have joined the empire with all their regions, making all of scandinavia an imperial province.

Is this intended or an unintended consequence? Maybe even a vanilla divine wind feature/bug? The last vanilla version I played was heir to the throne, so I may have jumped the gun here.

And now... I have to go fight a Swedish Emperor for control of, what appears to be, the United Nations!

Quote Originally Posted by darthsith View Post
    The HRE seems to expand anachronistically, in my current game the date is 1497 and Denmark, Sweden and Norway have joined the empire with all their regions, making all of scandinavia an imperial province.

Is this intended or an unintended consequence? Maybe even a vanilla divine wind feature/bug? The last vanilla version I played was heir to the throne, so I may have jumped the gun here.

And now... I have to go fight a Swedish Emperor for control of, what appears to be, the United Nations!
    The decision in MEIOU is set up so that anyone can join the HRE if they border it and have good enough relations with the emperor, but the AI will only do it if they are in certain culture groups. Those culture groups are the three German ones and the Scandinavian one, so I'd say it's by design. Why it's designed like that, I don't know. You'd think Italians would be more likely to join than Scandinavians as some of them are already in it.

I'd say the only probably addition out of Scandinavia is Denmark. Norway and Sweden is a little silly. Having the HRE spread towards Naples, or France seems more likely. Even Poland and Hungary seem like better possibilities.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Denmark was actually a member of the HRE for a short time, can't remember when.
    So Denmark-Norway-Sweden being members are totally out of realm of what could have happende
    MEIOU cookie From Gigau.

I hardly ever see the HRE expand outside of its original territory, either on its own or with me playing somewhere in Europe

Topaz-Fisted Demi-God Moderator Mr. Capiatlist's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    I'd say the only probably addition out of Scandinavia is Denmark. Norway and Sweden is a little silly. Having the HRE spread towards Naples, or France seems more likely. Even Poland and Hungary seem like better possibilities.
    I concur with this. I'd prefer to see it shirk more than anything. States need to be more willing to leave the HRE if they get powerful but are miffed by the Emperor for promotions (or are generally mistreated by the Emperor and have very low relations with him). France should also not be part of the HRE. Historically, territories lost to France were not in the realm of the HRE (though could be regained).
    -Mr. Capiatlist (Ink well):

When I speak in Rose, I do so as a Moderator. :: Forum Rules | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2 | Interactivity Rules
    (Never quote or otherwise publicly respond to my rose text. If you have a problem: PM me.)

Heir to the ThroneRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Staying out of the HRE topic (While I concur with Ampersand, I might add that Naples joining the HRE is as unlikely as Sweden and Norway since, well, at game start they're ruled by the Anjou and have little interest into joining the Empire), I was wondering a couple of things after trying (with some luck) a run with Ethiopia.

While I appreciate the idea of making them Sudanese culture, the choice of giving them Sudanese culture is kind of weird, if we consider that Ethiopia did grow larger in that period and that the Mamluks never had any interest in the lands (Despite the AI).
    The fun thing is that their most likely (and historical) objective would be the Somali emirate of Adal, which is allied with the Muslim Tech Zanzibar.
    It makes the game a little unbalanced very far off, as they can maul you away without any problem due to superior technological power and, of course, they tend to dominate that area if the Mamluks don't.

My proposal is to give the Ethiopian at least Muslim tech speed (or Eastern Christian) as they weren't really pushovers and their only hope for survival is becoming Muslim.
    Here be dragons

Topaz-Fisted Demi-God Moderator Mr. Capiatlist's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HabemusZlatan View Post
    Staying out of the HRE topic (While I concur with Ampersand, I might add that Naples joining the HRE is as unlikely as Sweden and Norway since, well, at game start they're ruled by the Anjou and have little interest into joining the Empire), I was wondering a couple of things after trying (with some luck) a run with Ethiopia.

While I appreciate the idea of making them Sudanese culture, the choice of giving them Sudanese culture is kind of weird, if we consider that Ethiopia did grow larger in that period and that the Mamluks never had any interest in the lands (Despite the AI).
    The fun thing is that their most likely (and historical) objective would be the Somali emirate of Adal, which is allied with the Muslim Tech Zanzibar.
    It makes the game a little unbalanced very far off, as they can maul you away without any problem due to superior technological power and, of course, they tend to dominate that area if the Mamluks don't.

My proposal is to give the Ethiopian at least Muslim tech speed (or Eastern Christian) as they weren't really pushovers and their only hope for survival is becoming Muslim.
    I agree, every country around them seems to be Muslim tech, why shouldn't they? And I agree that we need to find a way to dangle a more tempting carrot in the face of the Mamluks.
    -Mr. Capiatlist (Ink well):

When I speak in Rose, I do so as a Moderator. :: Forum Rules | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2 | Interactivity Rules
    (Never quote or otherwise publicly respond to my rose text. If you have a problem: PM me.)

Oh, another thing: That tribal government really is a punch in the stomach. Any hope to make them a feudal empire and give their ruler their official title?
    It makes me feel I'm really ruling the Byzantine Empire with the constant civil war and pretenders.
    Last edited by HabemusZlatan; 16-10-2011 at 00:22.
    Here be dragons

To solve the issues with the Mamluks, perhaps the tiny strip of land connecting Ethiopia and the Mamluks could be made into an uncolonised province. That would take away the northern border and with it the handily available Holy War CB.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneMagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria 2

A little late, but I realized that when I formed the Netherlands, my government didn't change to crowned republic. In an earlier MEIOU version this was the case, so is this intended?

Closed Thread
Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast