Closed Thread
Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 52 ... LastLast

Thread: [MEIOU:TD] v5.2-Specific Discussion Thread

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Teleglitch: Die More Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Sihulm View Post
    Suggestion RE cores by event: have tolerance as a MttH factor. It's possible to get even Heathen tolerance up to very high levels; rewarding, say, positive heretic / heathen tolerance and +3 heretic / heathen tolerance with a 0.8 factor each (multiplied together, that's a bit less than the bonus you get for the province being of the true faith rather than a heretic religion) seems like a sensible idea.
    How should the forced conversion intolerance factor and the level of minorities affect this effect?

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by Myrmidones View Post
    The Cisalpine Republic (tag ITE) should be added as an exception in revolt_triggers.txt. Else you can get Italian Nationalists in North Italy, in the XIVth century.
    Others that should probably go there:
    -Jagiellon Empire (JGL)
    -Almohad (ALM)
    -North Sea Empire (NSE)
    -Denmark-Norway (DAN)
    -Poland Lithuania (PLC)
    And probably some others.
    Seconded for NSE at the least, as I have seen it as an OPM revolter state numerous times. I do not think a union tag should be able to form as a revolter, however the republic revolters should be included after 1650 or so.

I hate video games HabemusZlatan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club

I think the reason why the Timmies never expand in the game is probably because there is no timer in the Chagatai provinces. They occupy them 24/7, gain 1 province and settle for it. Then they go at war with Chagatai again (well since Chagatai is a horde it's pretty much unavoidable). Occupy their lands, never get a province, repeat until Timur dies and they're pretty much fucked.

I've started cheating me colonists to claim Chagatai lands I have core on just because it felt frustrating, since I can't even ask them my lands because they're an horde.

God I hate hordes.

P.S. I did not count the Blessing of God ending in something like 5 years.
    Last edited by HabemusZlatan; 21-09-2011 at 13:49.
    Here be dragons

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    I'll check the war dynamism feature in that regards, thanks HabemusZlatan.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Major
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Playing as Brandenburg.
    Now it's 1488 and i got the Mission "Build a Textile Manufactory" - My Problem is that i don't have the possibiliy to build one due to the Tech limit (Prod-Tech 23), i have 20.

Is this WAD or just an oversight?

EDIT: Please remove the "make xxx vote for us" mission if the target is the emperor. It's just annoying to make him vote for me. And the "Establish Trade in yyy" mission require 5 merchants ... i think this i quite a lot, should be reduced to 2-3 and with a lower reward.
    Last edited by Kaoschan; 22-09-2011 at 22:36.

83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Looks like an oversight. I'll be checking that ASAP.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

Topaz-Fisted Demi-God Moderator Mr. Capiatlist's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    This has probably been brought up before, but Genoa is over powered in Russia. I often see them conquering most of the Blue Horde.

I am glad that there seems to be a balance between the Christians and the horde, but Genoa seems to tip that balance every time. Maybe Genoa needs a colonial nerf and a troop nerf (as well as a naval nerf as discussed before) but maybe some decisions to release Crimea or even abandon Italy to concentrate on their new territories. But a naval merchant power shouldn't have large inland colonial realms.
    -Mr. Capiatlist (Ink well):

When I speak in Rose, I do so as a Moderator. :: Forum Rules | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2 | Interactivity Rules
    (Never quote or otherwise publicly respond to my rose text. If you have a problem: PM me.)

odd, I always see Genoa thrown out of Russia.

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpire
    King Arthur IILead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

I know it wouldn't be realistic, but why don't make the Genoese territories in Russia as islands, so they wouldn't be at war with GH so they wouldn't conquer in it. Only Russian state with cores would lead war for these territories ...

Major
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Started a new game as the Papal State due to the PU mission being broken and inheriting half of eurpe in my last game as Brandenburg.

Now i saw the following Decision as Papal State:
    "Take controll of the Chruch" - Everythign seems fine exept that - Prestige is at least 2000.0

WAD due to not finished event/decision or just an oversight with decial error ^^?

EDIT: I took a look at the Code and i asume it should be 20 Prestige and not 2000?

Code:
    seize_control_of_curia = {
    	allow = {
    		war = no	#FB do not make extra enemies during war
    		is_subject = no
    		prestige = 20 
    		num_of_allies = 2
    		#missionaries = 3
    		DIP = 6
    		ADM = 5
    		MIL = 4
    		check_variable = { which = "papal_authority" value = 400 }	#FB
    	}
    Last edited by Kaoschan; 23-09-2011 at 21:22.

The issue with Genoa has been discussed before, and opinions for a solution at the time tended towards giving progressively worse triggered modifiers to merchant republics for having over a number of provinces. Any disagreements or ideas to refine this? I'll try to put up something together after discussing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoschan View Post
    Started a new game as the Papal State due to the PU mission being broken and inheriting half of eurpe in my last game as Brandenburg.

"Take controll of the Chruch" - Everythign seems fine exept that - Prestige is at least 2000.0

WAD due to not finished event/decision or just an oversight with decial error ^^?

EDIT: I took a look at the Code and i asume it should be 20 Prestige and not 2000?

Code:
    	allow = {
    		is_subject = no
    		prestige = 20 
    		num_of_allies = 2
    		#missionaries = 3
    		DIP = 6
    		ADM = 5
    		MIL = 4
    	}
    Ugh, that should have been 0.2 in the code to translate to 20 in-game prestige. What file's that in?

Major

Quote Originally Posted by YF-23 View Post
    Ugh, that should have been 0.2 in the code to translate to 20 in-game prestige. What file's that in?
    In the File D - DG_catholic.txt

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Capiatlist View Post
    This has probably been brought up before, but Genoa is over powered in Russia. I often see them conquering most of the Blue Horde.

I am glad that there seems to be a balance between the Christians and the horde, but Genoa seems to tip that balance every time. Maybe Genoa needs a colonial nerf and a troop nerf (as well as a naval nerf as discussed before) but maybe some decisions to release Crimea or even abandon Italy to concentrate on their new territories. But a naval merchant power shouldn't have large inland colonial realms.
    I always have seen them thrown out of the Black Sea region.

Rather than systematically nerfing merchant republics for having 'too many' provinces I'd prefer to try something more simple to hopefully make their foothold in Anatolia and Crimea weaker. Just remove their cores on the territories they own there. They should be able to be successful, but I think the problem is that those provinces are often quickly converted due to accepted culture and core status. Religious and cultural differences will be significant hindrances to Genoan expansion. You could potentially apply this to Venice as well, though I think they should have more 'staying power' of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by James_Manring View Post
    I always have seen them thrown out of the Black Sea region.
    I often see this happen too but I have serious issues with their Anatolian holdings which I have never seen them lose without my personal intervention.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I normally see Genoa get kicked into the sea from everything but the Islands just off the coast of Anatolia. So i can't see any reason why they can't keep Greek as an accepted culture, but loose Crimean (Or whatever it's called).
    MEIOU cookie • From Gigau.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    SengokuVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Orlando, Florida, United States, 108288992526695, Orlando, Florida
    Yeah, I sometimes see Genoa keep their holdings, but usually they seem to fall to the Ottomans, Blue Horde, or Russians. Then again I am playing with a version with a slightly more effective Blessings of God, so Muscovy and the Ottomans tend to be a bit stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoschan View Post

Code:
    	allow = {
    		is_subject = no
    		prestige = 20 
    		num_of_allies = 2
    		#missionaries = 3
    		DIP = 6
    		ADM = 5
    		MIL = 4
    	}
    I believe that fuzzbug changed that to disable the Independent Pope while he is working on things. Maybe commenting it out would have messed up the system but setting too high of a value is fine?

At any rate I do know that fuzzbug told me it will be re-enabled.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneMagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria 2

I have two separate questions about the current build. One about a colony and one about the cores.

Shortest first; I have one colony in africa, but after two years they start revolting. They appear to have a minimum revolt risk due to Nationalism?
    Is this WAD? It's weird a new colony has a nationalism revolt risk, would expect that only afetr 50 years maybe...

Second: I have played two games now (first The Knights and now FCoBremen) and in both of the games I get 1 or 2 cores after the mean time for it to become a core, just as expected. But the other 5 in both games are still not core after triple that amount. The Knights is a different culture, I already accounted for that
    It's weird how as Bremen I have 3 provinces in Africa with the Berber culture (accepted), christian, stability high, adjecant to a core, all of that. But after 150 years it still isn't a core. So 3 of the 5 not having a core at almost triple the mean, it's statistically weird to say the least.

I just wondered if other people also have this oddity, or that I just have been extremely unlucky in both games...

It seems that sometimes colonies keep their original province culture and religion, and sometimes they do not. At least, that's my suspicion

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivve View Post
    Shortest first; I have one colony in africa, but after two years they start revolting. They appear to have a minimum revolt risk due to Nationalism?
    Is this WAD? It's weird a new colony has a nationalism revolt risk, would expect that only afetr 50 years maybe...
    And i guess it's a true colony, though colonists and of your cilture, right ? Maybe it has to do with the fact it's not cored yet. If that's the case, then i sense it's not mod related, but rather linked to the vanilla feature. Unless the same is not observed in vanilla games ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nivve View Post
    Second: I have played two games now (first The Knights and now FCoBremen) and in both of the games I get 1 or 2 cores after the mean time for it to become a core, just as expected. But the other 5 in both games are still not core after triple that amount. The Knights is a different culture, I already accounted for that
    It's weird how as Bremen I have 3 provinces in Africa with the Berber culture (accepted), christian, stability high, adjecant to a core, all of that. But after 150 years it still isn't a core. So 3 of the 5 not having a core at almost triple the mean, it's statistically weird to say the least.

I just wondered if other people also have this oddity, or that I just have been extremely unlucky in both games...
    I would say lack of luck indeed.
    •

Closed Thread
Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 52 ... LastLast