+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Mission Overhaul

  1. #1
    French Moddection wraitii's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    838

    Mission Overhaul

    Mission Overhaul


    ,
    following many discussions on the forum, and the "mod project" thread I had started, I feel like this should be a mod in it's own right, and so here is the first version of the Mission Overhaul mod.
    Following safferli's idea, there are actually two mods here: one that simply "fixes" existing missions, either by changing them or scrapping them, and one that adds new missions, but may be slightly unbalanced. Names should be straightforward, simply merge the two folders.

    I hope this mod will make you less angry at EUIII for asking you to beat England's navy of 100 ships when you have a limit of 20.
    I take any submission, report, or anything else, as I intend this to be more of a community mod than a personal mod. That's to say, I look forward to this as much as anyone.

    Changelist (this is pretty big, and everything is not listed):
    Code:
    This list is not exhaustive.
    I have done many minor changes to missions to make them more logical, I only listed here significant changes, or just the ones I happened to remember ( I started this after modding the missions ). The list becomes more conclusive after the first paragraph because I'm now listing changes as I do them. Warning: this IS messy.
    
    Many missions that I deemed "common" are now base factor 0.8 to ensure diversity
    Colonization missions have been tweaked, though I don't remember how exactly.
    Construction missions have been severely tweaked, including build army, build navy, manufactures and so on.
    Diplomatic missions such as annex vassal or vassalize X have been slightly tweaked and can happen more often.
    The Spanish missions should not make them as likely to rampage in North Africa.
    Overall you should notice more variety and less nerving missions. Please report any weird stuff, nitpick, pet peeve or whatever you feel like reporting.
    
    
    The "improve defense in X" missions have been given gradually increasing army tradition
    "Make X vote for us" can only trigger every 20 years, and will likely not trigger if there is not any nation that would vote for you.
    Convert province now gives 20 ducats.
    "Restore Rome" base chance twice as low ( still likely to happen if the setup is right )
    Won't ask you to blockade a dock if the enemy has a bigger fleet.
    Retake occupied province gives a WE reduction
    Colonize Horde Territory is now base chance 10
    USA missions:
    	-Defend the Colonies now takes into account your cores and not necessarily historical accuracy.
    	-tobacco factory gives a MUCH more substantial bonus
    Austrian missions:
    	-Unite Austria now gives you core on every province you own, that used to be Styrian/Tironian and you happen not to have a core on.
    	-Recover Silesia given a base importance of 1 (C'mon, it's got to be the most boring mission ever)
    	-Recover the empire now needs you capital to be in the HRE, not necessarily Wien.
    	-Also, "Recover the Empire" chance goes from 1000 to 1 if no elector is currently voting for you, and is reduced again if you are heretic to the emperor.
    	-Subjugate Bohemia only triggers if you are in the HRE, Bohemia too, and Bohemia is smaller than you and has less than 5 provinces.
    	-Subjugate Hungary only happens if Hungary is < 5PM
    	-Subjugate Burgundy only happens if Burgundy is < 5PM and not the Emperor.
    	-No Ottomans in eastern balkans much less likely to trigger, particularly if you are not the emperor. Gives you core on former Ottomans cores in the area
    	-Same goes with Western Balkans
    	-Partition Poland also less likely if not HRE
    	-Austria-(Spain/Bavaria/Else) relations base chance now 1
    	-hegemony over italy now only triggers after 1600 if you own any Italian province, and you have the "integrating new core" stuff.
    	-Annex Hungary only if Hungary <5PM
    Bohemian Relations:
    	-Relation with X base value 1
    	-diplo annex sileasia gives 1 stab
    Burgundian relations:
    	-Annex Hainaut only if Hainaut is OPM
    	-Same with LUX
    Danish missions:
    	-Colonize Iceland can only trigger if you have a ship
    	-Relation with X base value 1
    English missions:
    	-Conquer Ireland will only happen if England/GBR owns the whole of England , IRE doesn't exist, and base chance 10. Gives you +1 base tax in Ireland, and one random core there
    	-Conquer Scotland will only trigger if England/GBR owns the whole of England
    	-Vassalize Scotland is the same, and its base value is 10
    	-Occupy Paris
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wraitii; 18-08-2011 at 15:25.
    InExtenso - Distance is your enemy.
    DW is too slow? Get the Faster Graphics Pack.
    Hate the wavy fog? Go back to the old one.
    Don't hate me because I'm French. Hate me because I can mod anything in this game

  2. #2
    First Lieutenant XXLPlakat's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany,Germany
    Posts
    295
    I added an German localization.

    Attachment 39023

  3. #3
    French Moddection wraitii's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    838
    I managed to miss you post, awfully sorry about that. Thanks a lot, I'll add it in the next version.
    InExtenso - Distance is your enemy.
    DW is too slow? Get the Faster Graphics Pack.
    Hate the wavy fog? Go back to the old one.
    Don't hate me because I'm French. Hate me because I can mod anything in this game

  4. #4
    Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hiding somewhere along the Danube river!
    Posts
    8,940
    Hmm interesting, because im also working on missions as i type this.

    Dont know if you saw this, but going through some files, i stumbled upon this piece:

    Code:
    		any_owned = {
    			limit = {
    				previous_owner = SAR
    				NOT = { is_core = THIS }
    			}
    			add_core = THIS
    			add_province_modifier = {
    				name = integrating_new_core
    				duration = 3650
    			}
    		}
    Now im not sure if this is from vanilla, or however it got in my missions folder, but now im thinking of simply rewriting missions, giving EACH European (for start) country a mission to conquer them (if bellow certain number of provinces). If this works, there will no longer be need for a bunch of country-specific missions (when it comes to conquering neighbors at least) everything would work for everyone. What do you think about this?
    Clinically diagnosed russophile and scourge of self righteous westerners.

    "Do not ask what Russia can do for you, but what you can do for Russia"

  5. #5
    French Moddection wraitii's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    838
    I'm not sure I understand your point. You want to do generic missions to replace which kind of missions?

    @XXLPlakat: there seems to be a problem with your attachment, I can't download it.
    InExtenso - Distance is your enemy.
    DW is too slow? Get the Faster Graphics Pack.
    Hate the wavy fog? Go back to the old one.
    Don't hate me because I'm French. Hate me because I can mod anything in this game

  6. #6
    French Moddection wraitii's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    838
    Just added a new update. Now, this also changes many country specific missions (namely Austrian and English missions, if you have feedback on the changes I made, I'd appreciate). It also fixes a few further stuffs I noticed in the regular missions.
    InExtenso - Distance is your enemy.
    DW is too slow? Get the Faster Graphics Pack.
    Hate the wavy fog? Go back to the old one.
    Don't hate me because I'm French. Hate me because I can mod anything in this game

  7. #7
    Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hiding somewhere along the Danube river!
    Posts
    8,940
    Quote Originally Posted by wraitii View Post
    I'm not sure I understand your point. You want to do generic missions to replace which kind of missions?
    You know how certain nations have those "conquer this" "conquer that" missions. I was thinking about making generic missions for ALL countries (in Eastern and Western Europe for start).

    So, if you play as, say, Brandenburg, you can get a mission to conquer ANY of your neighbors (that meet certain conditions). The reason why i wanna do it, is because i think it might help certain nations grow/appear. You know those missions for Moscovy, that allow them to annex most Russian minors? Well those missions work ONLY for MOS or RUS. If Moscovy gets knocked out by anyone around it, then no one else can get those missions, so Russia almost never gets formed. My way of doing things would encourage countries to consume each others within same culture_group, which should in theory, over time produce "blocks" of powers.



    Btw, may i include some of your missions in my mod?
    Clinically diagnosed russophile and scourge of self righteous westerners.

    "Do not ask what Russia can do for you, but what you can do for Russia"

  8. #8
    Un Canadien Errant Featauril's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    2,317
    Woot.

  9. #9
    French Moddection wraitii's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    838
    @DanubianCossak: I see. Well, if you can find proper triggers, it could work. Go ahead with the missions
    InExtenso - Distance is your enemy.
    DW is too slow? Get the Faster Graphics Pack.
    Hate the wavy fog? Go back to the old one.
    Don't hate me because I'm French. Hate me because I can mod anything in this game

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    You know how certain nations have those "conquer this" "conquer that" missions. I was thinking about making generic missions for ALL countries (in Eastern and Western Europe for start).

    So, if you play as, say, Brandenburg, you can get a mission to conquer ANY of your neighbors (that meet certain conditions). The reason why i wanna do it, is because i think it might help certain nations grow/appear. You know those missions for Moscovy, that allow them to annex most Russian minors? Well those missions work ONLY for MOS or RUS. If Moscovy gets knocked out by anyone around it, then no one else can get those missions, so Russia almost never gets formed. My way of doing things would encourage countries to consume each others within same culture_group, which should in theory, over time produce "blocks" of powers.



    Btw, may i include some of your missions in my mod?
    This sounds awesome if you manage to get it to work... A more stable blocked late game sounds awesome...

    Lets us know how you get on... Im happy to test for you lol.

  11. #11
    Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hiding somewhere along the Danube river!
    Posts
    8,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Stildawn View Post
    This sounds awesome if you manage to get it to work... A more stable blocked late game sounds awesome...

    Lets us know how you get on... Im happy to test for you lol.
    I actually did it some time ago. Works ok for human player (i was the testing monkey). Sadly, at least on low aggression it doesnt seem to make much difference to the AI. After some tests, it seems like AI is more inclined to attack someone (AI or human) if they have higher land_morale value than if they have core giving missions. (note to myself: test missions on higher aggression)
    Clinically diagnosed russophile and scourge of self righteous westerners.

    "Do not ask what Russia can do for you, but what you can do for Russia"

  12. #12
    Ah... Any ideas to somehow make the AI more inclined to follow the missions? Or did it hit a dead end?

  13. #13
    Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hiding somewhere along the Danube river!
    Posts
    8,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Stildawn View Post
    Ah... Any ideas to somehow make the AI more inclined to follow the missions? Or did it hit a dead end?
    Well you see, AI seems to have been coded before missions "feature" was introduced. As a result i doubt it is able to comprehend them the same way you or i do. It does seem to assign higher values to provinces impacted by missions (view_ai cheat), however, when it comes to decision to declare war, ive seen Ottomans declare war on Georgia while having mission to capture Constantinople (with core awaiting at the mission completion).

    In short: AI does seem to follow mission (remotely, indirectly or even randomly), however why or how is beyond me (AI is sadly hardcoded).

    If you still want to try this idea, i just posted all my missions (Spain, Italy, HRE, Netherlands and Russia) in another thread in this forum section, so help yourself.
    Clinically diagnosed russophile and scourge of self righteous westerners.

    "Do not ask what Russia can do for you, but what you can do for Russia"

  14. #14
    academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    11,450
    Blog Entries
    1
    Shameless self-plug: I've started an AAR using your mission overhaul mod. Some missions I think are a bit overpowered/unbalanced. If anyone's interested, here's the link: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...and-s-Teardrop
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

    --
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

    Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

  15. #15
    Dremora Courtier Arakhor's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,068
    Heh, yes. 70 naval tradition and a 50-tradition admiral for "Create a Proper Fleet" mission is wildly overpowered.
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

    Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

  16. #16
    French Moddection wraitii's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    838
    There certainly are some tweaks to do... I encourage anyone to take other this mod, as I won't have time to support it now because f my studies.
    InExtenso - Distance is your enemy.
    DW is too slow? Get the Faster Graphics Pack.
    Hate the wavy fog? Go back to the old one.
    Don't hate me because I'm French. Hate me because I can mod anything in this game

  17. #17
    academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    11,450
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by wraitii View Post
    There certainly are some tweaks to do... I encourage anyone to take other this mod, as I won't have time to support it now because f my studies.
    I can take over, if you don't have time. I can even edit your first post with the new updates, if that's fine with you!
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

    --
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

    Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

  18. #18
    French Moddection wraitii's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    838
    No problem, do go ahead
    InExtenso - Distance is your enemy.
    DW is too slow? Get the Faster Graphics Pack.
    Hate the wavy fog? Go back to the old one.
    Don't hate me because I'm French. Hate me because I can mod anything in this game

  19. #19
    Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hiding somewhere along the Danube river!
    Posts
    8,940
    I already shared this in another thread, but ill post it here as well:

    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K0RILKNB

    A bunch of missions and stuff. Feel free to use everything.
    Clinically diagnosed russophile and scourge of self righteous westerners.

    "Do not ask what Russia can do for you, but what you can do for Russia"

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts