+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 103 FirstFirst ... 26 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 76 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2046

Thread: (MOD) Optimum Scholarum Cogitationis

Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEU3 Collectors Edition
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Now I have finished with the Scando-Baltic region (see thread) I will be moving on to that next. I have already started with the map changes and then the rest of the files should be easy to just copy across from the last version.
    Current game:

ATAGE for Divine Wind -A standalone version of Magna Mundi's Government Ranks system.

Optimum Scholarum Cogitationis -A collection starring SRI, Dei Gratia, ATAGE and much more.

Aegean Crusade -Finish what the Fourth Crusade started.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Hither & thither, perchance anon whither... ?

Sun Tzu said...

X. Terrain
    • We may distinguish six kinds of terrain, to wit: (1) Accessible ground; (2) entangling ground; (3) temporizing ground; (4) narrow passes; (5) precipitous heights; (6) positions at a great distance from the enemy.
    • Ground which can be freely traversed by both sides is called accessible.
    • With regard to ground of this nature, be before the enemy in occupying the raised and sunny spots, and carefully guard your line of supplies. Then you will be able to fight with advantage.
    • Ground which can be abandoned but is hard to re-occupy is called entangling.
    • From a position of this sort, if the enemy is unprepared, you may sally forth and defeat him. But if the enemy is prepared for your coming, and you fail to defeat him, then, return being impossible, disaster will ensue.
    • When the position is such that neither side will gain by making the first move, it is called temporizing ground.
    • In a position of this sort, even though the enemy should offer us an attractive bait, it will be advisable not to stir forth, but rather to retreat, thus enticing the enemy in his turn; then, when part of his army has come out, we may deliver our attack with advantage.
    • With regard to narrow passes, if you can occupy them first, let them be strongly garrisoned and await the advent of the enemy.
    • Should the army forestall you in occupying a pass, do not go after him if the pass is fully garrisoned, but only if it is weakly garrisoned.
    • With regard to precipitous heights, if you are beforehand with your adversary, you should occupy the raised and sunny spots, and there wait for him to come up.
    • If the enemy has occupied them before you, do not follow him, but retreat and try to entice him away.
    • If you are situated at a great distance from the enemy, and the strength of the two armies is equal, it is not easy to provoke a battle, and fighting will be to your disadvantage.
    • These six are the principles connected with Earth. The general who has attained a responsible post must be careful to study them.
    • Now an army is exposed to six several calamities, not arising from natural causes, but from faults for which the general is responsible. These are: (1) Flight; (2) insubordination; (3) collapse; (4) ruin; (5) disorganization; (6) rout.
    • Other conditions being equal, if one force is hurled against another ten times its size, the result will be the flight of the former.
    [excerpt from "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu ca.500BCE.]
    OPTIMUM SCHOLARUM COGITATIONIS
    A Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind Mod focusing on Europe & Asia from 1411-1789.

"Go slow, don't get rushed, ask for help and, most importantly, remember that our scouts report vague rumors that life outside of EU3 exists" - 17blue17

Quote Originally Posted by SapientHomo View Post
    Now I have finished with the Scando-Baltic region (see thread) I will be moving on to that next. I have already started with the map changes and then the rest of the files should be easy to just copy across from the last version.
    Awesome! I didn't see that release yet, I will DL it now and finish the merge in to OSC. I might need help with the map changes that modify coastlines, such as the new Faeroe & Shetland Isles. Good stuff, was sorely needed!
    A Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind Mod focusing on Europe & Asia from 1411-1789.

"Go slow, don't get rushed, ask for help and, most importantly, remember that our scouts report vague rumors that life outside of EU3 exists" - 17blue17

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by SapientHomo View Post
    Very nice,I can't wait to see your other stuff!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Here is what Rabid said, he recognised the problem I was having:

"I've seen this with SRI and MMU, basically from what I can tell the game doesn't track fractional legitimacy in the same way that it does prestige etc. and so you sometimes don't get the legitimacy gain that you feel like you probably should."

Its only happened to me twice where I'm told I should be gaining legit but I don't at all. Then that random royal marriage with Corsica seemed to make me start getting legitimacy? I doubt there was a hidden legitimacy loss & that the royal marriage took me into gaining. (Due to the speed when it seemed to restart)

Also about PU's. I always get the nobles demanding automated estates for the nation in the PU with me is that meant to happen? I think would be better that for countries with same religion culture & maybe region, it is unlucky for them to demand estates. While for nations very unlike the union leader to have a much higher chance of the event firing.

Congratz on over 1000 posts :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dankysh View Post

"I've seen this with SRI and MMU, basically from what I can tell the game doesn't track fractional legitimacy in the same way that it does prestige etc. and so you sometimes don't get the legitimacy gain that you feel like you probably should."

Its only happened to me twice where I'm told I should be gaining legit but I don't at all. Then that random royal marriage with Corsica seemed to make me start getting legitimacy? I doubt there was a hidden legitimacy loss & that the royal marriage took me into gaining. (Due to the speed when it seemed to restart)

Also about PU's. I always get the nobles demanding automated estates for the nation in the PU with me is that meant to happen? I think would be better that for countries with same religion culture & maybe region, it is unlucky for them to demand estates. While for nations very unlike the union leader to have a much higher chance of the event firing.

Hmn... I will look into this further for you, and reply later tonight. I'm just rolling out a patch but it will be next on my to-do list. Not long...

Patch Released

I have uploaded a patch that bumps v0.59.0 up to v0.59.1. If you do not already have the full v0.59.0 release, you must download and install both. It is recommended you extract a fresh archive before patching, but remember to copy your saves as they will be compatible. The icon for our new "Opium" trade good will not be included until we release the new interface, likely the middle of next month with v0.60.0. Until then it's a "?". The changelog for this incremental patch is below, the download is in the usual place.
    • added new trade good "Opium" to nine provinces (no icon until v0.60.0)
    • added Polish "add_core" date (1411.1.1) to Podolia & Volhynia
    • added Lithuanian "add_core" date (1399.1.1) to Samogitia
    • added notification modifier to a vassal's capital indicating unwilling vassalage
    • changed campaign end-date to 1789.1.2 (optional for now, enabled by default)
    • changed allow/abort clauses for TUR missions "Conquer Serbia" & "Conquer Bosnia"
    • changed Switzerland's starting "land_naval" slider to -3 (was -2)
    • changed province names for: Barrois; Lothringen; Provence; Freiburg; Wallis
    • removed Byzantine Missions minimod re:balance
    • removed remaining D&T content (decisions, events & missions) re: balance
    • removed "technology cost = 0.5" modifiers from steppe_horde gov.'ts
    • removed tolerance modifiers from legitimacy level in static_modifiers (again)
    • fixed "Strengthen our Trade League" mission to exclude subject nation targets
    • fixed broken "Recover Danzig" & "Recover Warmia" Polish missions
    • fixed nation & province religion problems with Ethiopia
    • fixed text & sprite positions for Chinese, Korean & Mongolian provinces (ongoing)
    • fixed & balanced "Liege Rescues Subject Minimod" events
    • fixed "Primas Germaniae" events from accepting Liege or Utrecht as Primacy
    • fixed "Burgundy Becomes a Kingdom" events & decisions to not be repeatable
    Enjoy!

List of Known Issues to be Addressed

OK I compiled my list of issues to address this month, it isn't so bad as I expected. Please spare a moment to verify your reported issues are noted, however also look at the changelog for next release to ensure it hasn't already been fixed. A few province/nation historical issues are not listed, they will be dealt with when Sapient_Homo has prepared modules for the applicable regions.

I will keep bumping this list and updating it, to ensure everyone can verify their issues are noted.

• The state religions in the Americas are all messed up. There are animists and shamanists ruling aover midewiwin, teotl, and inti populations everywhere. Likewise, lots of Mahayana rulers in East Asia ruling over "Buddhist" (maybe localize to Theravada) populations.
    • On Sicily. Maybe instead of allowing the two sicilies to be released with Sicily controlling Malta, only allow it when Sicily only controls Sicily (discussed and deemed non-issue)
    • Mutapa's ruler should be called a Mwenemutapa, not a Malik. They weren't Muslims, after all. (fixed for v0.60.0 release)
    • When a nation is a vassal, the text string for their gov.'t type will read, for example, "Religious order_vassal"
    • All the flags are edged in light blue now. (fixed for v0.60.0 release)
    • In common/governments.txt, remove the line "technology cost = 0.5" from steppe_horde_upper, steppe_horde, steppe_horde_lower, and steppe_horde_lowest. (fixed for v0.59.1 patch)
    • Playing as Holland, "The estates of the realm protest" event triggered. Just "ai" as text description and shooting my relation with Bavaria.
    • Germany decision turns gov.'t to feudal monarchy... that doesn't seem right for what is likely a mid to late-game decision. Maybe should be an Absolute or something.
    • What about doing unification decision more dynamic? Instead of having X cities, just having 55% of the provinces of that region, à la CK (leaving this be for now)
    • Bizarre colonial revolter locations (e.g. Haiti in Canada), recommend borrowing the MiscMods colonial revolter system
    • England starts with much more ships than it's forcelimits (57/44)
    • Building tooltips for most of the army line are incorrect, in addition add something like "and will improve the local administrative capacity of the province" to everything which enhances local AE
    • I just had a nomadic province that I was occupying instantly flip to rebels because the tribal nation had a succession crisis. Is it possible to check that the tribe actually controls a province before it flips to rebels? Losing an 800-man settlement in this way seems pretty painful and there's absolutely no way to avoid it.
    • Brandenburg is a despotic monarchy. I believe it should be called a Margraviate (fixed for v0.60.0 release)
    • Missions such as 'conquer Serbia' for the OE should not require Serbia itself to own those provinces (fixed for v0.59.1 patch)
    • Tasked with making a RM with my neighbour while playing as a Japanese minor which as far as I can tell is impossible
    • Lost core on Schleswig 2 years into the game while having good annexation chance prior
    • Transfer province (concessions to rivals event) isn't explicit about which province goes to rival on the button tooltip
    • Byzantine Mission to conquer the Eastern Balkans requires them to conquer the entire Eastern Balkans region in the mod. This region includes Wallachia and Moldavia, which I think makes the mission a bit overkill since I'm pretty sure that the intent of it is Bulgaria. (leaving this be for now)
    • Accepted culture, same religion, strengthen claims and under control since 1400, not core till 1560 or something like that. Shouldn't some event give a core much faster?
    • The positions of provincial icons in China are not good (fixed for v0.59.1 patch)
    • The event option mouseover text for 'too many crowns' is potentially confusing, as shows a relations increase for the state with which you're choosing to break the personal union. I think this would be more intuitive if it was a relations decrease.
    • The Bavaria mission to conquer Pfalz should only fire if Pfalz isn't a capital or its owner is a OPM. Currently you can get that mission when the owner (which will almost always be the Palatinate) has multiple provinces, which essentially requires you to take noncore HRE provinces - which you have other missions to acquire and gain cores on - in order to complete it.
    • The trade league mission to ally a fellow league member can target states which do not dictate their own foreign policy (i.e. vassals and union minors). (fixed for v0.59.1 patch)
    • Civilwar/totalwar event chain from Balance Improvement Mod
    • Liege Rescues Subject: add another not province depended flag, so the event doesn't fire too often, when more then 1-2 provinces are controlled.
    • Swiss sliders kind of suck all round, too. I would have thought that they would start at land 5 (fixed for v0.59.1 patch)
    • Scandinavian nation decision needs work
    • BUR has a core on Gelre in the history files, but because there's no add_core date it automatically expires as soon as the game starts. The same applies to Lithuania's core on Samogitia (since for whatever reason it automatically converts). For historical reasons, Poland should probably have a core on Podolia and possibly Volhynia as well, if not at game start then certainly in 1411. (fixed for v0.59.1 patch)
    • Imperial reforms are passed to quickly. (leaving this be for now)
    • Find a way to bypass the default "release a country with your government"
    • "Discontent among the Nobility" event needs some manner of notification (fixed for v0.59.1 patch)
    • Province name corrections: (fixed for v0.59.1 patch)
      - Aix-en-Provence (Provence) should be renamed to Aix.
      - Bar-le-Duc (Barrois) should be renamed to Bar.
      - Lothringen should be renamed to Lorraine. All parts of the fictional Burgundian culture are oil speakers so they speak french (Jeanne d'Arc didn't speak German).
      - Freiburg and Wallis are actually french speaking areas so Fribourg and Valais suit better (these are not German of culture on the map anyway and shouldn't be).
    • Volhynia should be a Ruthenian culture province.
    Last edited by Scocou; 24-10-2011 at 05:56.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

What are "oil speakers"? (Talking about the Burgundian culture.)
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Arakhor View Post
    What are "oil speakers"? (Talking about the Burgundian culture.)
    People speaking the various old french dialects which together form the "langue d'oil".

Are there events to change the newly-changed province names back to the old ones if under appropriate ownership?

I'm curious as to what D&T content was still in game.

Since you fixed that Polish core thing, something else I was meaning to mention at the time is that Volhynia should be a Ruthenian culture province. I can't really see *any* good argument for it to be Polish; other than some Polish settlement there, mostly after the Union of Lublin, the region was part of Galich-Volhynia (a powerful Ruthenian state) before Polish rule - part of cause the historical border conflict there between Poland and Lithuania was that the territory was divided between them before the union between the two states occured - and then was later a major part of the Khmelnytsky Uprising (essentially a proto-nationalistic Ruthenian revolt against Polish rule) which wouldn't really make sense if there were predominantly Poles living there. It also fits in better with modern maps which is a happy coincidence.

In any case even if you were to argue for the province becoming Polish-dominated at some point (probably in the early 1700s) the situation at game start should be Ruthenian culture. I tend to go overboard in trying to justify culture changes because I know they can smack of favouritism and bias, hence my perhaps overly analytical approach
    Last edited by Rabid; 24-10-2011 at 03:57.

Sorry fellows, the 6 people who downloaded the patch need to grab the fresh one I just UL'd.

The last one had a tiny boo-boo in it, not critical but you might as well get the last just to be safe.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by Scocou View Post
    Sorry fellows, the 6 people who downloaded the patch need to grab the fresh one I just UL'd.

The last one had a tiny boo-boo in it, not critical but you might as well get the last just to be safe.
    What was messed up?

Threadbuster, by order of CC HisMajestyBOB's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDivine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

The patch appears to be marked private by mediafire.
    Why, Thor, god of thunder, is trying to break into my building!

Quote Originally Posted by HisMajestyBOB View Post
    The patch appears to be marked private by mediafire.
    Try again, I was just uploading a fix. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by James The 1st View Post
    What was messed up?
    "mod\OSC\history\provinces\99 - gelre.txt"
    "mod\OSC\history\provinces\271 - Samogitia.txt"
    "mod\OSC\events\9021x - Unwilling_Vassal.txt"

^ these three, you can just overwrite with the new patch I just UL'd.

Threadbuster, by order of CC HisMajestyBOB's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDivine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Scocou View Post
    Try again, I was just uploading a fix. Cheers
    Got it now, thanks!
    Guess I was too eager and jumped the gun.
    Why, Thor, god of thunder, is trying to break into my building!

Quote Originally Posted by HisMajestyBOB View Post
    Got it now, thanks!
    Guess I was too eager and jumped the gun.
    No, I kept screwing it up, locking it, and ULing fixes, lol. Was hoping nobody would notice...

Screenshots

Here's another sneak preview, this time featuring SapientHomo's Scando-Baltic Mod in full force!

Try his standalone mod, it adds some great flavor to the region.

You'll see these additions in v0.60.0 of OSC mid-November.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankysh View Post

Sorry Dankysh, I didn't forget you, just got sidetracked. I'll reply to this in detail after some investigation tomorrow morning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 103 FirstFirst ... 26 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 76 101 ... LastLast