+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 103 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 44 69 94 ... LastLast

Thread: (MOD) Optimum Scholarum Cogitationis

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Hither & thither, perchance anon whither... ?

Known Bugs in v0.57.0

{ Bumped with quick-fixes for #1, 2, 3, 4, 6 & 9 }

I will continue to update/bump this list so please do check it before making a report.

Needless to say, they will be fixed ASAP and the reports are much appreciated.

I will make individual responses to them as well, where applicable.

1) Byzantium national decision broken:
    Reestablish Theme System.
    requires you to control some Asian named provinces, seems to be related to DAO requirements, the SRI map and probably Japan Mod map changes (province names).
    { quick-fix until patch: delete unneeded "mod\OSC\decisions\Byzantium.txt" }

2) wrong province names African coast
    The new mini-provinces on the west African coast have Asian names:
    f.e.: Hwanghae, Kyongsong, Ganzhou, Heilongjiang, Xar Moron
    { quick-fix until patch: delete unneeded "mod\OSC\localisation\JapanModProvinces.csv" }

3) Dutch national sentiment events don't work.
    The player part fires fine, but the cores of the former independent nations are not removed, so the event fire every few months.
    newnations.txt id 111002+ (national sentiment events)
    sri_maintenance.txt (line 6421 holds the event 112982 which should remove the cores)
    { Trickier issue related to the new "remove_core_from" replacing "remove_core" in province scopes.
    Reported to Helius, and the fellows who actually know about this stuff are aware of the issue.
    Will be fixed ASAP, but please be patient as it's out of my hands. }

{ quick-fix until patch: paste this >Attachment 40461< into "mod\OSC\events\" and overwrite existing file. }

4) National Decision Netherlands & Spain:
    Adopt Imperial Administration doesn't change the government to empire (ATAGE problem?) and doesn't disappear
    { quick-fix until patch:
    paste this
    >Attachment 40460< into "mod\OSC\decisions\" and overwrite existing file.
    This is a redundant vanilla decision that is superseded by the ATAGE equivalent. }

5) Localizations for gov.'t types when vassals:
    When a nation is a vassal, the text string for their gov.'t type will read, for example, "Religious order_vassal"
    { Will ask Sapient Homo about how to fix this one, not sure myself. }

6) During the 1411 bookmark, Lower Austria and Austria are ruled by two separate Albrecht Vs. Same stats, different people, no PU.
    { Verified this is from stock SRI, have done some research but am unable to find a solution yet.
    The actual Austrian history for this period is more complex than how it's modeled in-game.

There is no readily available info regarding correct ruler names, suggestions welcomed. }
    { quick-fix until patch:
    paste this
    >Attachment 40477< into "mod\OSC\history\countries\" and overwrite existing file.
    paste this >Attachment 40478< into "mod\OSC\history\diplomacy\" and overwrite existing file. }

7) Mutapa's ruler should be called (wiki-ing) a Mwenemutapa, not a Malik. They weren't muslims, after all.

8) Austrian mission: Our claims to northern Italy - Conquer Brescia, Verona & Cremona. Reward gain cores on all 3. The 1411 start date, Milan owns 2 & Venice one. Venice attacked somebody and I got dragged into the war as war leader. I won and asked for Verona. The mission then cancels. Therefore it is impossible as one country does not own all 3.
    { Noted, fix will be in next release or sooner. }

9) Merchant republics get an endless string of aborting missions to invite countries into their trade league.
    { quick-fix until patch: paste this >Attachment 40463< into "mod\OSC\missions\" and overwrite existing file. }

10) There's no localization for the "Taoic" religious group's mission header. So, for example, when I get the Red Seal Ships mission as a Japanese daimyo, I get "default_mission_header_taoic" or something like that.

11) all the flags are edged in light blue now.
    { I'm aware of the issue but not yet sure what the problem is. Anyone? }

12) The "Duchy or Kingdom?" decision seems not to work properly. I became a kingdom, the title changed properly, but the decision is still there, once even got a pop up with the same content.

13) Aragon, 1411 start: I have a king, yet it seems to think I have a regency, my legit is going down and I can't convert my king to general.
    { I'll ask that everyone uses the 1399 start until I can investigate it further. 1399 seems to be fine with Aragon... }

14) Naval ranges are wrong at East Africa, some provinces are 2000 in distance, while others at normal. Wrong are: Rio de Oro, Trarza, Sierra Leona, Grain Coast...

15) Provincial decision Promote cultural unity appears not to work. I fired it at least twice, still Flanders' core is still there (and the others as well), and from time to time it is avaliable again.
    Last edited by Scocou; 27-09-2011 at 23:07.
    OPTIMUM SCHOLARUM COGITATIONIS
    A Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind Mod focusing on Europe & Asia from 1411-1789.

"Go slow, don't get rushed, ask for help and, most importantly, remember that our scouts report vague rumors that life outside of EU3 exists" - 17blue17

Leader of the Revolution etranger01's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

A couple more bugs that I've noticed:

There's no localization for the "Taoic" religious group's mission header. So, for example, when I get the Red Seal Ships mission as a Japanese daimyo, I get "default_mission_header_taoic" or something like that.

Also, all the flags are edged in light blue now. Is that intentional?

Some observations 0.57.0 (hotfixes applied):

- Playing Burgundy, Grand Campaign (yeah, I know, it's too easy...): France and England remained locked in the war they started the first day... now it's around 1560 and they are still fighting...a few ships wrecked here, a couple of failed invasions there... just enough to prevent automatical white peace. This of course prevented France to form properly, but didn't prevented England to colonise. Strange... (came handy, after snatching Calais I didn't disturbe them anymore, concentrated on the HRE).

- The "Duchy or Kingdom?" decision seems not to work properly. I became a kingdom, the title changed properly, but the decision is still there, once even got a pop up with the same content.

- The OE is slow as usual, didn't take a dent into the Balkans (maybe one single province from Serbia?), occupied elsewhere.

- Aragon is still intact. Castille however took a couple of provinces from the Mamluks around the Nile delta, waging wars here and there. How they got the idea, no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by etranger01 View Post
    A couple more bugs that I've noticed:

There's no localization for the "Taoic" religious group's mission header. So, for example, when I get the Red Seal Ships mission as a Japanese daimyo, I get "default_mission_header_taoic" or something like that.
    Thanks etranger! If possible, can you provide an exact quote? Not being picky, it's just much easier to track the problem as I can search localisation\ for the text string, then go from there. Whenever you see it again, just jot it down if you don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by etranger01 View Post
    Also, all the flags are edged in light blue now. Is that intentional?
    No! I have no idea what caused that but I also noticed it. For a while before that they were all edged in white, which also appeared from nowhere that I could put my finger on. It irritates me to no end, and is high on my list of low-priority bugs... Anyone?

Thanks for the continued feedback, I'll add these to the list. Cheers!
    Last edited by Scocou; 27-09-2011 at 20:27.
    A Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind Mod focusing on Europe & Asia from 1411-1789.

"Go slow, don't get rushed, ask for help and, most importantly, remember that our scouts report vague rumors that life outside of EU3 exists" - 17blue17

Quote Originally Posted by Rog View Post
    Some observations 0.57.0 (hotfixes applied):

- Playing Burgundy, Grand Campaign (yeah, I know, it's too easy...): France and England remained locked in the war they started the first day... now it's around 1560 and they are still fighting...a few ships wrecked here, a couple of failed invasions there... just enough to prevent automatical white peace. This of course prevented France to form properly, but didn't prevented England to colonise. Strange... (came handy, after snatching Calais I didn't disturbe them anymore, concentrated on the HRE).
    England & France are typically at war out of the gates, in my experience. They are both guided into it by missions, etc. I've been noticing France absorb all their smaller neighbors consistently. AI Burgundy usually gets inherited by the HRE through the "Burgundian Inheritance" events. Do watch them all for any trends, if we notice patterns forming we'll adjust to suit.

- The "Duchy or Kingdom?" decision seems not to work properly. I became a kingdom, the title changed properly, but the decision is still there, once even got a pop up with the same content.
    Hmn... I'll need a save to investigate that one, I think. Can you zip/rar one and post as an attachment? It should compress to like ~1MB.

- The OE is slow as usual, didn't take a dent into the Balkans (maybe one single province from Serbia?), occupied elsewhere.
    Yeah, I'm seeing the same thing. I think we may need to use the previous suggestion regarding an event-chain to bait them into the Balkans. It is being considered...

- Aragon is still intact. Castille however took a couple of provinces from the Mamluks around the Nile delta, waging wars here and there. How they got the idea, no clue.
    Aragon is hit and miss, which I like. I sometimes see them divided between Castile & France, other times absorbed completely by Castile/Spain, and sometimes, as you mention, they maintain independence for the duration. I've been watching the Iberian Peninsula for a while now, but haven't noticed any consistent trends that I can use to tweak against. We'll keep an eye on the region. Yeah, they sometimes go for the Egypt region, I see that in vanilla and stock SRI also. Not sure how to prevent it without being overly deterministic.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll add the above to the bug-list after my luncheon
    Last edited by Scocou; 27-09-2011 at 20:26.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedPride of Nations
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Alright have some time and finally get to try this mod out

Whats your suggestion as far as aggression settings goes?

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Lafayette53 View Post

I think low is default for this mod, but. I much prefer normal, personally.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Agreed, I enjoy normal more.
    Found a strange bug for Aragon. I have a king, yet it seems to think I have a regency, my legit is going down and I can't convert my king to general?

Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEU3 Collectors Edition

In ATAGE Adopt Imperial Administration does not do what it does in vanilla. It adds a modifier that replicates the bonuses that Imperial Government adds but does not change the government type.
    Current game:

ATAGE for Divine Wind -A standalone version of Magna Mundi's Government Ranks system.

Optimum Scholarum Cogitationis -A collection starring SRI, Dei Gratia, ATAGE and much more.

Aegean Crusade -Finish what the Fourth Crusade started.

Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEU3 Collectors Edition

That one sounds strange. I too would like to see a save so that I can identify the problem.
    Current game:

ATAGE for Divine Wind -A standalone version of Magna Mundi's Government Ranks system.

Optimum Scholarum Cogitationis -A collection starring SRI, Dei Gratia, ATAGE and much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Scocou View Post
    England & France are typically at war out of the gates, in my experience. They are both guided into it by missions, etc. I've been noticing France absorb all their smaller neighbors consistently. AI Burgundy usually gets inherited by the HRE through the "Burgundian Inheritance" events. Do watch them all for any trends, if we notice patterns forming we'll adjust to suit.

Hmn... I'll need a save to investigate that one, I think. Can you zip/rar one and post as an attachment? It should compress to like ~1MB.
    I mean, they are in the same war, started in 1399. More-than-hundred-years war. I think that's why France couldn't swallow her vassals.

Gentlemen, here you go. (I played further, but this one I'm sure is good.)

Burgundy1516_01_13.rar

Quote Originally Posted by Lafayette53 View Post

Glad to see you in our neck of the woods Yes, the default options for AI aggressiveness are low... although it is subject to change since the behaviors I'm observing have altered significantly with the latest release. Try default first, then bump it up if things are too static for your taste. I recommend leaving the others as-is, but it's obviously your prerogative to play as you choose...

Quote Originally Posted by birdboy2000 View Post
    I think low is default for this mod, but. I much prefer normal, personally.
    Maniac!
    Last edited by Scocou; 27-09-2011 at 22:39.

Rog what were the circumstances in your elevation to Kingdom? Were you Emperor or did you have to petition the Emperor for the title?
    Current game:

Quote Originally Posted by SapientHomo View Post
    That one sounds strange. I too would like to see a save so that I can identify the problem.
    Feeling better today?

I mean, they are in the same war, started in 1399. More-than-hundred-years war. I think that's why France couldn't swallow her vassals.

Gentlemen, here you go. (I played further, but this one I'm sure is good.)

Attachment 40490
    Yeah that's kooky, let's have a look see....

Quote Originally Posted by Dankysh View Post
    Agreed, I enjoy normal more.
    Found a strange bug for Aragon. I have a king, yet it seems to think I have a regency, my legit is going down and I can't convert my king to general?
    Hey that's weird too, going to need some thought on this one. Just catching up after my nap...

Too bad though, I was just digging into those Austrian missions. I found lots I screwed up, it was my first attempt at tweaking scripts and I've learned some since then. I can spot several issues that need resolving... will get to them soon.

hey can you also upoad a save Dankysh? might make it easier to trace... cheers
    Last edited by Scocou; 27-09-2011 at 22:12.

@Rog & Sapient
    Probably a flag not being set, no? I'm going to leave this one to SapientHomo, and try to figure out some of these others...

That war is very odd. I'm going to try a few things.

I tried loading your save as France, then suing for peace with England. They will accept a simple "concede defeat"

Next I loaded as England, and France immediately sued for peace, but demanded Gascogne, Labourd, and some other concessions.

England has almost no army, only 4000 troops. That explains why they can't retaliate... trying more stuff...

...weird as their land force-limit is 26000...
    Last edited by Scocou; 27-09-2011 at 22:29.

4) National Decision Netherlands & Spain:
    Adopt Imperial Administration doesn't change the government to empire (ATAGE problem?) and doesn't disappear
    { quick-fix until patch:
    paste this
    >Attachment 40460< into "mod\OSC\decisions\" and overwrite existing file.
    This is a redundant vanilla decision that is superseded by the ATAGE equivalent. }
    Imperial Government is no longer used as a government type. It's benefits are now a modifier instead. I'll look into fixing the decision so it disappears.

5) Localizations for gov.'t types when vassals:
    When a nation is a vassal, the text string for their gov.'t type will read, for example, "Religious order_vassal"
    Some vassals need fixing in the localisation. I will add this issue to the other localisation problems on my list.

7) Mutapa's ruler should be called (wiki-ing) a Mwenemutapa, not a Malik. They weren't muslims, after all.
    Will add to the custom titles.
    Current game:

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club

Hey that's weird too, going to need some thought on this one. Just catching up after my nap...

Too bad though, I was just digging into those Austrian missions. I found lots I screwed up, it was my first attempt at tweaking scripts and I've learned some since then. I can spot several issues that need resolving... will get to them soon.

hey can you also upoad a save Dankysh? might make it easier to trace... cheers
    Well I was about to upload a save then I realised I never actually saved it lol. However its the preset for Aragon in 1411. Just load up that and you will see what I mean.

Imperial Government is no longer used as a government type. It's benefits are now a modifier instead. I'll look into fixing the decision so it disappears.
    Actually this one was my screw-up. You have the decision commented out in your ATAGE government decisions, but mine wasn't . Everything seems OK with the decision removed...

Some vassals need fixing in the localisation. I will add this issue to the other localisation problems on my list.
    Nice, thanks!

Will add to the custom titles.
    cool, but no big priority, although it would be neat to see

Quote Originally Posted by Dankysh View Post
    Well I was about to upload a save then I realised I never actually saved it lol. However its the preset for Aragon in 1411. Just load up that and you will see what I mean.
    Will do, thanks Dankysh

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 103 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 44 69 94 ... LastLast