+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 103 FirstFirst ... 19 44 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 94 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 2046

Thread: (MOD) Optimum Scholarum Cogitationis

Having some issues getting to 0.60 on depositfiles.
    Any chance this could get put up elsewhere?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by mujidxb View Post
    Having some issues getting to 0.60 on depositfiles.
    Any chance this could get put up elsewhere?
    It will be when Scocou finally gets his computer back.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Whoever mentioned turning off In Extenso, thank you. I'm sure a lot of people appreciate it, but I just found it punishing - in my Oirat game I'm glad Tibet isn't in constant rebellion anymore.

Things I've noticed in my 0.60 game as my favorite EU3 country, the Oirats:

1. Two provinces called Ningxia right next to each other.
    2. Some of the new provinces haven't been fully integrated with the steppe mod. Specifically, Oirats in 1453 should own Yakesa, not Holun Buyir, and I don't think the Mongols should have two Buddhist provinces - not in 1399, anyway.
    3. On the other hand, I think it might be a good idea to switch Kuruk Tag to Sunni from Tengriist. It'd link up the Muslim provinces geographically, make it easier for the Oirats to convert, (although I'm personally staying Tengriist anyway) and there's some evidence of a Muslim presence in the Oirat Horde, so that's the most logical province to put it in.
    4. Again, a thing I added in to begin with, but in retrospect I think a -4 stab hit for converting from Tengriism to Buddhism or Sunni Islam might be too harsh. After all, you can only do it when a majority of your subjects are of that religion to begin with, and it's something that happened historically to all the tengriist hordes in game: Sibir went Muslim, Oirats and Mongols Buddhist. Manchus Confucian too, for that matter. Maybe reduce it to -2 or even -1.
    5. Not an Oirat issue, but Sami are... well, Grenada's easier. Would there be a way to tone down the constant crusades against them?

EDIT: Discovered another issue. I like the idea of a coup d'etat event - kill your ruler, lose some stability, gain some legitimacy. However, given the fact that it gives a -2 stability hit and stability loss itself rapidly drains legitimacy, nations with high stab costs can get caught in a death spiral of repeating coups. Think it should be looked at.
    Last edited by birdboy2000; 11-12-2011 at 00:27.

Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEU3 Collectors Edition
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by birdboy2000 View Post
    5. Not an Oirat issue, but Sami are... well, Grenada's easier. Would there be a way to tone down the constant crusades against them?
    I'm working on it, trying different options to see which is best. The options I have come up with could be used individually or together.

1) Giving them a horder style government (they would have to be colonised rather than conquered which would be closer to reality)
    2) Making them Catholic (would remove the constant crusade problems but it would be even more ahistorical than giving them a state in the first place)
    3) Making Sweden Denmark and Norway guarantee them (other states might think twice about attacking them)
    4) Taking Kola province away from them (would stop non-neighbour nations attacks at game start)
    5) Making all their provinces hidden from non-neighbours (would stop non-neighbour attacks on them at game start)

If anybody has any other ideas please let me know.
    Current game:

ATAGE for Divine Wind -A standalone version of Magna Mundi's Government Ranks system.

Optimum Scholarum Cogitationis -A collection starring SRI, Dei Gratia, ATAGE and much more.

Aegean Crusade -Finish what the Fourth Crusade started.

I'd vote for 3 and 5 together and then see how it pans out. I'd perhaps even go so far as to have them totally undiscovered by anyone, just to make sure that they don't get an early crusade declared against them. Their neighbours will discover neighbouring provinces automatically in a few years anyway.

Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight

Quote Originally Posted by SapientHomo View Post
    I'm working on it, trying different options to see which is best. The options I have come up with could be used individually or together.

1) Giving them a horder style government (they would have to be colonised rather than conquered which would be closer to reality)
    2) Making them Catholic (would remove the constant crusade problems but it would be even more ahistorical than giving them a state in the first place)
    3) Making Sweden Denmark and Norway guarantee them (other states might think twice about attacking them)
    4) Taking Kola province away from them (would stop non-neighbour nations attacks at game start)
    5) Making all their provinces hidden from non-neighbours (would stop non-neighbour attacks on them at game start)

If anybody has any other ideas please let me know.
    Maybe a sphere of influence, rather then guarantees (which expire?) Dunno if it'd work either though.

Have there been any thoughts about changing buildings at all? The current system seems to break down if you can build multiple high-level production or trade buildings, the naval chain is almost entirely useless if you're not going for naval domination, and in general there isn't much variety between buildings within the same chain.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis IV

I'd make Sapmi a horde and set up tributes at game start, so the Scandianvian countries wouldn't get attacked immediatly. It's, as you said, more historically accurate as wel. It might lead to gamey tactics concening colonists though.

The screenshots show a custom OSC menu screen and what appears to be the MEIOU interface overlay. I just installed the mod and it shows the regular DW menu screen, and my interface more resembles vanilla (with some noticeable changes).

Anyway, neither of these is a big deal to me, but I thought that I may have installed the mod improperly. Can anyone confirm whether the screenshots in the original post are accurate?

Threadbuster, by order of CC HisMajestyBOB's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDivine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

In 0.59.2, the Moral Economy/Market Economy slider seems pretty heavily skewed towards Moral Economy - going one step towards Moral give you a modifier with +1 merchant/year, negating the benefit for being full Market, and the benefits are much more positive. Market Economy's increase to compete chance is negated by it's penalty to merchant tenacity (meaning your merchants are dislodged easier) and the increase to merchant cost. Plus, the event for moving more toward Moral Economy is generally more beneficial than moving toward Market Economy. I didn't see any change to this in the first page, so I'm not sure if it's been addressed for 0.60.0 yet or not.
    Why, Thor, god of thunder, is trying to break into my building!

Going moral economy gives you +RR if combined with high free subjects or possibly plutocracy as well. I agree with the general thrust of your complaint and I would suggest significantly reducing the +RR penalty of market economy, to something like -1 to -2 total for being at +5 on the slider.

A couple other things I noticed from that same game.

1) Colonial conquest probably isn't an appropriate CB on Tengriists. Yes, they were seen as barbaric, but because they were horse nomads, not because of their religion: it doesn't make much sense that a pagan, sedentarized Sibir or Oirats or Manchu would have everyone trying to conquer them - well, not any more than a Muslim, Buddhist, or Confucian version, anyway.
    2) There's an event for pagans which gives a choice of a province converting religions or +1 Stability. Problem is that it seems to be a province event, so it makes maintaining stability as a pagan state trivially easy. (Because I am a dirty cheater, I did not turn it off for my current game, though. XD)

Quote Originally Posted by a4rino View Post
    The screenshots show a custom OSC menu screen and what appears to be the MEIOU interface overlay. I just installed the mod and it shows the regular DW menu screen, and my interface more resembles vanilla (with some noticeable changes).

Anyway, neither of these is a big deal to me, but I thought that I may have installed the mod improperly. Can anyone confirm whether the screenshots in the original post are accurate?
    They seem to be MEIOU like when I tried it...

Quote Originally Posted by mkhuh View Post
    They seem to be MEIOU like when I tried it...
    It's strange because the loading screens are definitely MEIOU loading screens (I can tell because the title of that mod is shown on the screen itself!), but the main menu is definitely vanilla, and the gameplay interface is ~90% vanilla. I could live with this, but the fact that the interface didn't install correctly makes me think that more important gameplay-related aspects may have also installed incorrectly.

Has anyone else run into this problem? In the meantime, I will reinstall and see how it goes this next time around.

Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

It's strange because the loading screens are definitely MEIOU loading screens (I can tell because the title of that mod is shown on the screen itself!), but the main menu is definitely vanilla, and the gameplay interface is ~90% vanilla. I could live with this, but the fact that the interface didn't install correctly makes me think that more important gameplay-related aspects may have also installed incorrectly.

Has anyone else run into this problem? In the meantime, I will reinstall and see how it goes this next time around.
    You should probably redownload and install.

Redownloading/reinstalling didn't work, but I think I may have discovered the problem.

I am running Vista, and when I try to extract the files to the Program Files folder, Vista actually extracts them to the Virtual Store without telling me its doing so.

I'm reinstalling EU3 vanilla in a new directory. I expect it will work this go around.

Also, although putting it in was my fault to begin with, I'm starting to suspect requiring one to be a steppe horde (instead of just in the right culture group) to revive the Mongol Empire might be slightly excessive. Mainly because, unlike in the plain steppe horde mod, you have admin efficiency to deal with, and given how far away the needed provinces are, you'll inevitably be at overwhelmed, which is painful. (On the plus side, no succession crises, but still.)

Also because it might be fun to have as a late-game option too, instead of just a big early-game Golden Horde (or maybe Timurid) rush.

Well, I am sad to report that I've only made things worse, it appears. Now I don't even get the MEIOU loading screens... my vanilla is 5.1 with the correct BJLT checksum, so the installation itself should be okay.

When I launch OSC, it tells me that I'm running 0.59.2 with checksum UPMU. For my own reference, what is the correct checksum?

Finally, I installed EU3 to my C:\Games directory alongside DH and AoD in order to avoid the issues associated with the Program Files folder (which incidentally is why DH and AoD are there also).

I've tried extracting the files directly to the mod folder (using 7zip), and I've also tried extracting them elsewhere before copying them over to the mod folder manually; nothing seems to work. Does anyone have an idea where I might be going wrong?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis IV

Not all files need to be in the mod folder, you need to overwrite some vanilla files, mainly GFX stuff irc.

Well, I am sad to report that I've only made things worse, it appears. Now I don't even get the MEIOU loading screens... my vanilla is 5.1 with the correct BJLT checksum, so the installation itself should be okay.

When I launch OSC, it tells me that I'm running 0.59.2 with checksum UPMU. For my own reference, what is the correct checksum?

Finally, I installed EU3 to my C:\Games directory alongside DH and AoD in order to avoid the issues associated with the Program Files folder (which incidentally is why DH and AoD are there also).

I've tried extracting the files directly to the mod folder (using 7zip), and I've also tried extracting them elsewhere before copying them over to the mod folder manually; nothing seems to work. Does anyone have an idea where I might be going wrong?
    Sorry, Scocou doesn't have his computer so he hasn't updated the first post to 0.60 yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 103 FirstFirst ... 19 44 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 94 ... LastLast