+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 103 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 36 61 86 ... LastLast

Thread: (MOD) Optimum Scholarum Cogitationis

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Rog View Post
    Well, it is installed outside the Programs Files folder and UAC is turned off (I have quite a lot older games at hand too, so...) I even took ownership the whole folder containing my games. Drivers are up-to-date, background processes sorted, the game uses only cc. 1,8 GB of RAM from the 4 I have...

The thing that puzzles me is why vanilla works all right (but I find it pale and too easy so can't play it anymore) while the mod crashes. What can be the difference? It is always an ".exe encountered something wierd and stopped working" type of error message.

(Sight) Sometimes I wish the XP-days would return...

Any hint is welcome. And whenever I can, I will play more and give you some feedback.

Best,
    Rog
    Sounds like a bad mod install. Try re downloading and installing.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Hither & thither, perchance anon whither... ?
    Quote Originally Posted by James The 1st View Post
    Sounds like a bad mod install. Try re downloading and installing.
    Definitely a possibility. Perhaps testing with an older release or freshly DL'd current archive will solve the problem.

Well, it is installed outside the Programs Files folder and UAC is turned off (I have quite a lot older games at hand too, so...) I even took ownership the whole folder containing my games. Drivers are up-to-date, background processes sorted, the game uses only cc. 1,8 GB of RAM from the 4 I have...

The thing that puzzles me is why vanilla works all right (but I find it pale and too easy so can't play it anymore) while the mod crashes. What can be the difference? It is always an ".exe encountered something wierd and stopped working" type of error message.

(Sight) Sometimes I wish the XP-days would return...

Any hint is welcome. And whenever I can, I will play more and give you some feedback.

Best,
    Rog
    Hi Rog,
    Yes this is indeed peculiar. From your description it seems your UAC/permissions are fine, in addition to no apparent hardware problem. As you say, if vanilla functions it is unlikely to be a generic issue such as that.

I will need to think a while and drink some more coffee before the possibility of coming up with anything clever. In the meantime, lame as it may sound to suggest, is it possible to try a fresh install of EUIII? Also can you please DL a previous OSC release and give that a quick try? It would at least help me eliminate the unlikely possibility that an easy fix will suffice, and will buy me some more time to think of something better.

Also I should ask, at what point are you experiencing a crash? Is it during the loading sequence, attempting to load a save, etc. Further, are you able to load any other mod using your current setup? Try something stable and unlikely to contain issues of its own, such as SRI for instance. Knowing this will possibly help to narrow down the problem. At any rate, I'll try my best to get you running, although it may take a while.

Cheers,
    Scott
    Last edited by Scocou; 21-09-2011 at 18:19.
    OPTIMUM SCHOLARUM COGITATIONIS
    A Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind Mod focusing on Europe & Asia from 1411-1789.

"Go slow, don't get rushed, ask for help and, most importantly, remember that our scouts report vague rumors that life outside of EU3 exists" - 17blue17

Update

Really close to next release, no apparent nasty bugs remaining from merging ATAGE.

This was a major integration, as it added and/or modified ~500 files to/from the last release!

On another note, my hands-off GC playtest with Cyprus last night saw a very historical Spain emerging in 1490!

This was quite welcome, as Castile forming Spain has been a rare occurrence.

Last edited by Scocou; 21-09-2011 at 18:36.
    A Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind Mod focusing on Europe & Asia from 1411-1789.

"Go slow, don't get rushed, ask for help and, most importantly, remember that our scouts report vague rumors that life outside of EU3 exists" - 17blue17

Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Scocou View Post
    Really close to next release, no apparent nasty bugs remaining from merging ATAGE.

This was a major integration, as it added and/or modified ~500 files to/from the last release!

On another note, my hands-off GC playtest with Cyprus last night saw a very historical Spain emerging in 1490!

This was quite welcome, as Castile forming Spain has been a rare occurrence.

Cool! Looking forward to ATAGE.

Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEU3 Collectors Edition
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Not long to wait, but it will be worth it. I've been checking files for mistakes or bits that haven't had ATAGE integrated properly and playtesting and it appears to be working as it should...
    Current game:

ATAGE for Divine Wind -A standalone version of Magna Mundi's Government Ranks system.

Optimum Scholarum Cogitationis -A collection starring SRI, Dei Gratia, ATAGE and much more.

Aegean Crusade -Finish what the Fourth Crusade started.

Quote Originally Posted by SapientHomo View Post
    Not long to wait, but it will be worth it. I've been checking files for mistakes or bits that haven't had ATAGE integrated properly and playtesting and it appears to be working as it should...
    Couldn't have done it without you Agreed that it will be worth it!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The state religions in the Americas are all messed up. There are animists and shamanists ruling over midewiwin, teotl, and inti populations everywhere. Likewise, lots of Mahayana rulers in East Asia ruling over "Buddhist" (maybe localize to Theravada) populations.

(And why are Songhai and Swahili shiite? I didn't realize it was that big in africa, if this is WAD.)

Quote Originally Posted by birdboy2000 View Post
    The state religions in the Americas are all messed up. There are animists and shamanists ruling over midewiwin, teotl, and inti populations everywhere. Likewise, lots of Mahayana rulers in East Asia ruling over "Buddhist" (maybe localize to Theravada) populations.
    Excellent, thanks for the reports. I will look at the religious setup thoroughly for next release. I suspect it is a conflict between nations added by AOD and religions added by DG. I would welcome any further input, or even fixes should you be so inclined, along those lines.

(And why are Songhai and Swahili shiite? I didn't realize it was that big in africa, if this is WAD.)
    Not sure, possibly the same issue as above. Being more-or-less completely ignorant regarding religion of all types, it isn't an area I have attempted to alter from what is set up by the component mods. Again, should you be so inclined, I would certainly welcome any fixes you'd care to supply. This could even just be a snippet pasted in [CODE] tags here in the forum. Either way, I very much appreciate feedback along these lines.
    Cheers!

Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight

Excellent, thanks for the reports. I will look at the religious setup thoroughly for next release. I suspect it is a conflict between nations added by AOD and religions added by DG. I would welcome any further input, or even fixes should you be so inclined, along those lines.

Not sure, possibly the same issue as above. Being more-or-less completely ignorant regarding religion of all types, it isn't an area I have attempted to alter from what is set up by the component mods. Again, should you be so inclined, I would certainly welcome any fixes you'd care to supply. This could even just be a snippet pasted in [CODE] tags here in the forum. Either way, I very much appreciate feedback along these lines.
    Cheers!
    Googling around, the Kilwa sultanate (which is what the Swahili tag represents early game) may have been Shi'a after all - I'm finding conflicting claims. I never knew that, and neither did Paradox judging by vanilla. No idea why Songhai is, but maybe whoever made that mod knows more than I do.

As for fixing religions, it's one line of code deleted and replaced... in a heck of a lot of files. I'll do it if I find the time, though.

Googling around, the Kilwa sultanate (which is what the Swahili tag represents early game) may have been Shi'a after all - I'm finding conflicting claims. I never knew that, and neither did Paradox judging by vanilla. No idea why Songhai is, but maybe whoever made that mod knows more than I do.

As for fixing religions, it's one line of code deleted and replaced... in a heck of a lot of files. I'll do it if I find the time, though.
    Oh, even just posting a simple "use religion X for country Y" is very helpful, if you notice any odd entries. I am fairly proficient at batch-type string find/replace and actually enjoy it, although I probably shouldn't admit that. Regardless, I will make this a priority issue to look at for next release. I am planning on freezing any new content (after Steppe Horde Mod ) for a while so as to catch up on issues such as you have described. That and a bit of balancing and play testing.

Oh, even just posting a simple "use religion X for country Y" is very helpful, if you notice any odd entries. I am fairly proficient at batch-type string find/replace and actually enjoy it, although I probably shouldn't admit that. Regardless, I will make this a priority issue to look at for next release. I am planning on freezing any new content (after Steppe Horde Mod ) for a while so as to catch up on issues such as you have described. That and a bit of balancing and play testing.
    Ah, okay. Generally setting the state religion to equal the dominant province religions in that country would work, though there might be exceptions I haven't heard of. It helps to leave a copy of the game open, with religion map mode and the TI cheat, to check what that is - or at least, that's what I do. And keep in mind that the Steppe Horde Mod greatly expands Shamanism/Tengriism on the steppe in 1399 (because the Mongol conversion to Buddhism/Manchu to Confucianism didn't come until later in the game's timeframe), so look at it before doing the find/replace in that area.

Ah, okay. Generally setting the state religion to equal the dominant province religions in that country would work, though there might be exceptions I haven't heard of. It helps to leave a copy of the game open, with religion map mode and the TI cheat, to check what that is - or at least, that's what I do. And keep in mind that the Steppe Horde Mod greatly expands Shamanism/Tengriism on the steppe in 1399 (because the Mongol conversion to Buddhism/Manchu to Confucianism didn't come until later in the game's timeframe), so look at it before doing the find/replace in that area.
    Excellent, thanks for the tips, I am going to try that.

I will certainly take care to properly merge the changes you mention, thanks for noting them above.

I may even send you a beta before releasing, so you can have a quick look to see if I @#$%'d anything up

It'll be next release (after 0.57.x) that I'll be merging your mod, followed by a freeze for 0.59.x
    Last edited by Scocou; 21-09-2011 at 22:14.

Cheers!
    The West African nations were Muslim. Now whenever they were Shiite or Sunni I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by James The 1st View Post
    The West African nations were Muslim. Now whenever they were Shiite or Sunni I have no idea.
    Cool, I'll check into it before too long, I am certainly overdue to learn some religious history. I don't know any outside of The Roman Empire and a bit in Asia Minor. Well, and I studied some Tibetan Buddhism but have forgotten more than I remember

Same goes for you or anybody else, if you see one you know to be wrong just drop a quick note here. I'm going to use Birdboy's (*snicker*) suggestion about leaving the religious map-mode open while modifying them. Shouldn't be too tricky then...

One remark regarding historical flavor, just from the top of my head:

Transsylvania wasn't a country until 1541. It was part of Hungary and only after the OE conquered Buda (and the middle part of Hungary) became semi-independent but only until the QE was kicked off in 1699 (I wrote a longer detailed post about it a long time ago when Magna Mundi was at the terranova site and they changed it for good. I have no clue from where PI took this idea...). It would be more accurate to have it as cores with the possibility to emerge (same as Croatia).

Oh, and on the map: the province called Baranya is what Pécs was earlier (which is O.K., the first is the county, the later is a city, same spot), but Buda somehow got the name: Pécs. And is gone completely. The capital of the Kingdom disappeared. Just saying... (I'm really speaking from my memories, so sorry if I'm wrong. I will check it as soon as I can.)
    Last edited by Rog; 22-09-2011 at 13:51.

One remark regarding historical flavor, just from the top of my head:

Transsylvania wasn't a country until 1541. It was part of Hungary and only after the OE conquered Buda (and the middle part of Hungary) became semi-independent but only until the QE was kicked off in 1699 (I wrote a longer detailed post about it a long time ago when Magna Mundi was at the terranova site and they changed it for good. I have no clue from where PI took this idea...). It would be more accurate to have it as cores with the possibility to emerge (same as Croatia).

Oh, and on the map: the province called Baranya is what Pécs was earlier (which is O.K., the first is the county, the later is a city, same spot), but Buda somehow got the name: Pécs. And is gone completely. The capital of the Kingdom disappeared. Just saying... (I'm really speaking from my memories, so sorry if I'm wrong. I will check it as soon as I can.)
    Hey thanks much, I love this stuff. I will make the changes you suggest, along with several from others that have been piling up, for a near-future release (0.59.x I suppose). I intend to freeze any additions to OSC for a while to concentrate on balancing and polishing for a few weeks. So... did you manage to get up-and-running on your laptop? I've been crossing my fingers for you (it's good luck where I come from).

@James The 1st;
    Looks like your sig-line promotion campaign has been a success, lol. We nearly doubled DLs for this release over the previous average, v0.56.2 is up to 164!
    Cheers

Leader of the Revolution etranger01's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

This mod collection is awesome! I'm still kind of iffy on the SRI map, because Germany ends up looking a bit messy, but overall I think this is a valiant effort to put together a bunch of mods that I really enjoy.

I'm waiting for 0.57.0 to start playing again, but when it's out I'll start leaving more detailed feedback based off of in-game experience.

Thanks to everyone who's helped put OSC together, and especially to Scocou!

Quote Originally Posted by etranger01 View Post
    This mod collection is awesome! I'm still kind of iffy on the SRI map, because Germany ends up looking a bit messy, but overall I think this is a valiant effort to put together a bunch of mods that I really enjoy.

I'm waiting for 0.57.0 to start playing again, but when it's out I'll start leaving more detailed feedback based off of in-game experience.

Thanks to everyone who's helped put OSC together, and especially to Scocou!
    Wow, thanks for the kind words and encouragement!

Yes, the next release should be quite special, it has added some great mods and fixed some broken stuff too.

The map (it's from SRI), like any other, takes some getting used to if you are accustomed to vanilla.

However, after using it exclusively for the past six months or so, I feel uncomfortable with any other (except MEIOU's).

That said, I am open to suggestions such as minor European border changes that don't upset the balance of Helius' finely tuned efforts.

Outside of Europe I am open to new provinces, significant border changes etc., as evidenced by including Japan Mod's redrawn Japanese provinces.

I anticipate enjoying your feedback and putting it to constructive use, thanks again.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Scocou; 22-09-2011 at 18:30.

@James The 1st;
    Looks like your sig-line promotion campaign has been a success, lol. We nearly doubled DLs for this release over the previous average, v0.56.2 is up to 164!
    Cheers
    lol, Glad I could help.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 103 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 36 61 86 ... LastLast