+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 103 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 34 59 84 ... LastLast

Thread: (MOD) Optimum Scholarum Cogitationis

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Hither & thither, perchance anon whither... ?
    @James;

Good news and bad news.

Good news: found the problem with "A Formal Request". After looking through the stock SRI files, I see how Helius overrides the default events, or rather blocks them from firing. He has the events\RandomProvinceEvents.txt file as an empty file. I must have replaced the empty file with a full one from another mod at some point in time. Anyhow, there's some other good stuff in there I want to keep, at least until I discover if they also have SRI equivalents elsewhere. So what I've done is remove the two events that are related to unlawful territory and left the rest for now. So just extract this >RandomProvinceEvents.rar< into your mod\events directory and everything should be fine.

Bad news: I ran your save for a decade or so, but can't get the bloody "Burghers vs Patricians" event to fire! That figures... will try again later but not sure if it will be any different. Until then just delete the event, as described above, if it's driving you bananas. Or you could try to support one side, say the Burghers, to see if it tips the scales and resolves the turmoil. Oh, and nice French empire for mid-16th century! I got the "Sought After Bachelor" event for the first time ever, figures since it was just a test.

Neutral news: Not going to bother with a hot-fix patch, firstly because I hate them, and second because we're just a short while away from finishing with ATAGE. Probably a few days or so.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Scocou; 13-09-2011 at 05:21.
    OPTIMUM SCHOLARUM COGITATIONIS
    A Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind Mod focusing on Europe & Asia from 1411-1789.

"Go slow, don't get rushed, ask for help and, most importantly, remember that our scouts report vague rumors that life outside of EU3 exists" - 17blue17

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Scocou View Post
    @James;

Good news and bad news.

Good news: found the problem with "A Formal Request". After looking through the stock SRI files, I see how Helius overrides the default events, or rather blocks them from firing. He has the events\RandomProvinceEvents.txt file as an empty file. I must have replaced the empty file with a full one from another mod at some point in time. Anyhow, there's some other good stuff in there I want to keep, at least until I discover if they also have SRI equivalents elsewhere. So what I've done is remove the two events that are related to unlawful territory and left the rest for now. So just extract this >Attachment 39881< into your mod\events directory and everything should be fine.

Bad news: I ran your save for a decade or so, but can't get the bloody "Burghers vs Patricians" event to fire! That figures... will try again later but not sure if it will be any different. Until then just delete the event, as described above, if it's driving you bananas. Or you could try to support one side, say the Burghers, to see if it tips the scales and resolves the turmoil. Oh, and nice French empire for mid-16th century! I got the "Sought After Bachelor" event for the first time ever, figures since it was just a test.

Neutral news: Not going to bother with a hot-fix patch, firstly because I hate them, and second because we're just a short while away from finishing with ATAGE. Probably a few days or so.

Cheers!
    Good job fixing the event!

No problem with the Burghers vs Patricians event, could you point which file it is in?

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by James The 1st View Post
    Good job fixing the event!

No problem with the Burghers vs Patricians event, could you point which file it is in?

Cheers!
    Thanks! Wouldn't have noticed it without your report...

For the other check post#155, I'm too lazy to type again.
    A Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind Mod focusing on Europe & Asia from 1411-1789.

"Go slow, don't get rushed, ask for help and, most importantly, remember that our scouts report vague rumors that life outside of EU3 exists" - 17blue17

Exclamation Update & New Release

I just uploaded a new release, v0.56.2.

It is strictly a bugfix release, they were piling up and I felt guilty.

The next revision will contain ATAGE, SapientHomo and I are nearly finished.

Look for it in approximately a week, I need to test it thoroughly before release.

Enjoy, and cheers!
    Last edited by Scocou; 17-09-2011 at 22:29.

Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

SRI has a new version out.

SRI has a new version out.
    Holy sweet Mary mother of Jesus! Oops, I hope blasphemy isn't prohibited here

Thanks for the tip!

And ugh... we're getting near to completion with ATAGE so it'll have to wait a while to be merged-in.

Gonna' DL now and see what's changed - feels just like Christmas!

herzliche grüße

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Seems nice mod, but my most ask what happed to religions?

All religions names are deleted as religion images, but still you get religion effects in relationships with other countrys.
    "The people who desire to be blind cannot be helped."

All religions names are deleted as religion images, but still you get religion effects in relationships with other countrys.
    Could you post a screenshot?

Quote Originally Posted by Chlodio View Post

Could you post a screenshot?
    I second that request, I am a little unclear on what you are reporting. Whatever it is I will fix the problem ASAP.
    herzliche Grüße

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

I second that request, I am a little unclear on what you are reporting. Whatever it is I will fix the problem ASAP.
    herzliche Grüße

Last edited by Chlodio; 15-09-2011 at 22:15. Reason: wrong url...

Thanks for the screenshot, I am eager to help. Unfortunately I can only view your image as a very tiny thumbnail, would it be possible to try something else? Maybe upload to mediafire, you don't even need to register.
    Sorry for the inconvenience...

Lol... I'am starting to look noob...
    Screenshot whos automatically sized forum size.

Here is link not scaled screenshot http://imageshack.us/f/37/2011091500005.png/

Lol... I'am starting to look noob...
    Screenshot whos automatically sized forum size.

Here is link not scaled screenshot http://imageshack.us/f/37/2011091500005.png/
    Don't be silly, I do stuff like that all the time I'll have a look and reply again soon...

You appear to be missing one or two files from mod\OSC\gfx\interface\ - specifically "icon_religion_small.dds" & "icon_religion.dds". Have you made changes to this directory and accidentally deleted these files? I have verified they are present in my archive for v0.56.2 and they are there. As a test, I replicated your problem by deleting these files and starting the game - it looked identical to your screenshots. I will ask you to please verify they exist in the noted directory, if not try extracting the archive again and ensuring they are present. If they do indeed exist let me know and we'll try something else.
    herzliche Grüße

I'dont know how they get deleted in first place.

, but thanks telling me my problem I managed to get icons work.

I'dont know how they get deleted in first place.

, but thanks telling me my problem I managed to get icons work.
    Excellent, I am happy to hear that. I hope you enjoy playing OSC.
    herzliche Grüße

Exclamation Update

Quick update: nearing the last stages of integrating ATAGE, I have 5 event files remaining with ~700 instances to modify. Then SapientHomo and I will combine our efforts, followed by some bug-scrubbing and play-testing. Still likely to be ready next week, but no promises as it will be somewhat dependent on test results.

On another note, we (OSC-playing Paradoxians) are well over 500 downloads total now, with ~90 folks regularly DL'ing each release. This is more than enough to encourage me to continue adding to and improving this collection of fine community efforts. If anybody would care to leave feedback or comments please don't be shy. I'm not fishing for praise, that belongs to the component mod authors. I am far more interested in constructive criticism, error reports and suggested changes/additions.

herzliche Grüße,
    Scott in Canada
    Last edited by Scocou; 17-09-2011 at 22:30.

Quick update: nearing the last stages of integrating ATAGE, I have 5 event files remaining with ~700 instances to modify. Then SapientHomo and I will combine our efforts, followed by some bug-scrubbing and play-testing. Still likely to be ready next week, but no promises as it will be somewhat dependent on test results.

On another note, we (OSC-playing Paradoxians) are well over 500 downloads total now, with ~90 folks regularly DL'ing each release. This is more than enough to encourage me to continue adding to and improving this collection of fine community efforts. If anybody would care to leave feedback or comments please don't be shy. I'm not fishing for praise, that belongs to the component mod authors. I am far more interested in constructive criticism, error reports and suggested changes/additions.

herzliche Grüße,
    Scott in Canada
    Keep making this, It's the only way I ever play EU3 now! Looking forward to ATAGE

There haven't been any issues lately in my France game.

Keep making this, It's the only way I ever play EU3 now! Looking forward to ATAGE

There haven't been any issues lately in my France game.
    LOL, I was getting worried about you.

Glad to hear, did the Burghers & Patricians kiss and make up?

Don't worry, I'll screw lots up for next release

Hello, I'd like to report a serious balance issue since I'm not seeing it in the 0.57 changes summary:

I tried to start several games as a Japanese country (OSC default start date), but the Shogun still gets about +20 authority points a month from good relations with nearly everyone. Meaning that their authority is perma-stuck at 100 since there's no way to beat that, and Japan is left completely paralysed.

Also, a minor issue: I get a "Madagascar quest for independence" popup notice at the game start, which I don't believe should happen at least for countries that can't even see Madagascar.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 103 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 34 59 84 ... LastLast