+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Slovenia: Europe's Last Empire

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaSword of the StarsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Slovenia: Europe's Last Empire

Slovenia: Europe's Last Empire

Hello, everyone. I have been reading quite a few AAR's lately, and I decided that I would try to do one as well.
    I'm going to be playing (obviously) as Slovenia, a 2 province minor made out of the North boundary of Yugoslavia.

The World Map:

This is gonna be an IN Rising Nations mod game set to start in 2010, with no end date.
    So this is going to be either a complete win or a complete fail
    All of the settings are at normal, except for lucky nations, which will be turned off.

Our Situation:
    To the North is Austria, who will completely dominate us in any war we have with them.
    West of us is Italy, who is like a giant monster who never really does anything, except for feeding on smaller countries every once in a while.

South of us is Croatia. They aren't really that powerful, but they are still way more powerful than us.
    East of us is Hungary. They are easily our weakest neighbor. With only 4 bad provinces, they are Very poor, and have a small army.

Our economy is fairly small, but that can be easily remedied with a few merchants.

Both of our 2 provinces are quite wealthy, especially Carniola, our capital which produces gold.

And finally, our armed forces.
    Our army starts with 1 infantry division, with room for a few more. Our navy has 2 transports and 1 small ship, although going over our force limit won't cause any major problems.

And so now that the overview is finished, be prepared for the game to begin very soon.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Okay, let's see how this goes, it's a challenging start and a fun mod.
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

I wouldn't want to be a missionary in this mod...

Slovenia: Europe's Last Empire Part 1

Slovenia: Europe's Last Empire Part 1

the first thing we do before the game starts, is to change our troops to the best ones available. These are Infantry:M249 SAW, Cavalry:Leopard 2 Tank, and Artillery:High Mobility Artillery Rocket System. They all have 11 shock and 11 fire

Next, we have to move our slider. We go for free trade, because we want to become a trading nation at the start. But the main reason, is because going centralization is too risky for revolts with just 1 division to start off with.

Luckily, we get a good outcome, and receive a much needed adviser.

Speaking of which...

We hire 3 advisers. They consist of a 3 star trader to add compete chance plus 6%, a 2 star recruiter, who adds plus 4% manpower modifier. Finally, we have a 4 star engineer(I think), who provides fort defense plus 40%. These are fairly good advisers for this nation, in my opinion.

We also adjust our treasury to mint as many ducats as possible without getting inflation. Thanks to our modern technology and ideas, however, We can invest quite a lot into our treasury.

Our first mission is to build an army for our nation. This won't take long, considering our force limit is only 5 troops.

Right after the game starts, we get alliance offers from Montenegro and San Marino. I decline San Marino's offer, because it's sitting right in the middle of Italian provinces. War with Italy is something that I don't want. However, we do accept Montenegro's offer. This is mainly because we might be able to get at war countries like Albania or Bosnia, who have smaller armies than me.

Soon after this, Hungary and Slovakia both offer us alliances. I accept them both, considering that they have reasonably sized armies (Slovakia more so than Hungary), and They might declare war on small countries that I can take.
    Also, We have been guaranteed by both Serbia and Croatia, giving us much more protection.

Soon after this, we lose our level 2 fort in Lower Styria, making us vulnerable to any sieging force of over 5000 men to assault easily.

Now, it is time to start becoming a wealthy nation. We send our first 5 merchants to Bihar in India, which is a very rich CoT.

We finish building our navy and recruiting or infantry soon after, which gives us a new mission.

We now have 5 merchants in Bihar, and we start stockpiling for the the next CoT.
    Just this center of trade is generating a huge amount of monthly income, and greatly boosts our economy

Now that we have an army, a navy, and a steady income, it is time to declare war on someone.
    How about Kosovo?

Can we handle them and their allies? Find out next time...

Darkest HourDivine WindVictoria 2

Vancouver BC, Former British Dominion called Canada
    Oooh, A new Rising Nations AAR. Finally!
    The other ones are all dead, so you better finish this.

or I'll find you

EDIT:
    Also why does it say Kosovo is in the same Religious Group as you? Slovenia is Catholic

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this. Slovenia is religious tolerant, so basically they are all religions. This also explains the low missionary chance.

Darkest HourDivine WindVictoria 2

Vancouver BC, Former British Dominion called Canada
    (Ah I see)

I forgot about Tolerance....But then again that is common

Why does Poland always look messed up in these modern age mods? All other countries look reasonable on the world map, but Poland looks like a deflated tyre.
    Too cool for a signature.

Modern Psycho-General CivandEUIII's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Because it's hard to determine whether Poland is in Middle or Eastern Europe?
    anyway, great AAR!

Also hugely relieved this did not end with the report "The Three Mountains achievement broken. Steps to reproduce: ..." - Rufo
    "I pity the fool who has to fill out 272 years of Indian history." - Cuthuthulu
    "
    (Wouldnt Hitler look much friendlier with curls and that silly mustache shaved off?)" - podcat

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club

starting off with 134% trade efficiency is pretty awesome! and .5 inflation reduction! holy cow! I can already tell money will not be a problem in this scenario. Enjoy.

Are there more techs?
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." -Mark Twain

“Destroying rainforest for economic gain is like burning a Renaissance painting to cook a meal.” -Edward O. Wilson

"Astrakhan rules the waves" -common knowledge

Aliasing: Yeah, Religious Tolerance isnt really a religion people use that much..

Tornadoli: Poland is just really awkwardly shaped, and noone really makes new Polish provinces for mods, so they just have to make due.

CivandEUIII: Thats probably the right reason, and thanks!

herrhals: Yeah, money is in no shortage for me. There are more techs, but they don't really do anything, so I won't bother posting them.

Slovenia: Europe's last Empire Part 2

Slovenia: Europe's Last Empire Part 2

Now, to the war with Kosovo. Let's see who joined the war...

Oh

It looks like Kosovo is the only one I'll be fighting. Serbia and Bosnia were obviously too scared of Slovenia's mighty 6 divisions to answer the call to arms.

Since we are only going to be fighting Kosovo, this war will be infinitely easier. First, we gain military access through Montenegro, and then we move in for the kill.

Right after we win the battle against their 1000 troops, we receive a message...

We have a new leader!

He actually seems pretty decent. Especially in administration and military, which are our 2 biggest needs right now.
    But enough with the king. We are now laying siege to Kosovo, and it has a 3000 man garrison. This will probably be a long wait to win that siege...

But in the meanwhile, we complete our mission to build defenses in Lowers Styria. Now we need to have more ships than Croatia. The only way that this will happen is with some more conquest, or if Croatia is torn apart in a war.

While we are building more ships in preparation for the more troops we will be able to recruit, Hungary offers an alliance, after they had betrayed us before. We accept for now, but we won't hesitate to dishonor their call if they are attacked by a large country.

We also get alliance offers from both Austria and Czechnia. We heartily accept both of these, because they are valuable allies. Austria being the crown jewel of the pair.

Right after we accept the alliances, we get a new mission.

This will probably take more time than the last mission took..

In the meantime, we gather up 5 merchants, and we decide to send them to Astrakhan, in hopes of getting even more ducats!

Finally, after almost an entire year, we win the siege in Kosovo and demand all of their lands for Slovenia.

Then, we get 5 merchants trading in Astrakhan, further increasing our income by 255 a year.

To celebrate our great victory in Kosovo, we look for an island to have a great party on!
    After much contemplation, we look South of Italy, and see the island nation of Malta, guaranteed only by Israel. After our attempts to have them just give us all their land for free failed, we decided a more hostile approach was needed.

Right after winning the opening battle on Malta (Israel joined as well), We discover that Italy has guaranteed our independence. Now, if someone declares war on us, Italy will be right there at our sides fighting them.

We are also offered alliances by Slovakia and Serbia, which we accept. But that was not important enough too have a picture taken of it.

However, all good news must come to an end. Rebels have risen up in Kosovo, and want to bring their old country back into power! They will have to be dealt with after the siege of Malta. We cannot lose this war with them over some rebels.

After seeing our mighty army trounce over Malta, Israel offers us a white peace, which we accept, because we do not want to deal with their navy.

Meanwhile, we send 5 merchants to Venice too make more ducats for our great nation! It does not take much time to accomplish.

Finally, after another long siege, we finally storm their fortress and demand Malta's annexation.

We then take a slider move to Centralized, which gives us a "large" revolt in Kosovo, which we easily deal with, the old rebels having been dealt with by the forces of Serbia a few months before.

Then, we get an amazing event! two moves innovative, prestige, and 50 ducats for only 2 revolt risk for a year.

We send 5 merchants to China to make more ducats, and are rewarding fairly quickly.

Stay tuned for the next update.
    Last edited by homy_dog34; 11-08-2011 at 16:06.

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2

You evil warmonger! Can't wait to see you crash and burn.

That is one hell of a funny mod. Does it have the pope and the HRE too?

SengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club

Hmm.... Kosovo...
    "president" does NOT sound royal at all. but you didn't elect him...
    Presidential Dictatorship!
    (If I may answer Leviathan's question, it has the Pope and HRE, but the HRE is automatically dismantled in the normal timeline from the point where Napoleon did just that. The pope is an OPM in Italy)

Also hugely relieved this did not end with the report "The Three Mountains achievement broken. Steps to reproduce: ..." - Rufo
    "
    (Wouldnt Hitler look much friendlier with curls and that silly mustache shaved off?)" - podcat

Leviathan07: Yeah, it's a pretty fun mod. Like Civand said, there is a pope, and HRE, but they end during the 1800's or 1900's sometime.

CivandEUIII: Presidential Dictatorship? I like the sound of that!

Slovenia: Europe's Last Empire Part 3

Slovenia: Europe's Last Empire Part 3

Elsewhere in Europe, Italy is at war with Austria and Switzerland, and France is demolishing Germany.

We send 5 merchants to Provence next. You know the drill.

We now have 11 divisions in our army, and need someone to declare war on. How about Bosnia and Croatia?

However, due to us only winning the sieges of Slavonia and Istria, a revolt we have in Malta, and our army being down to 1500 troops, we peace out for Slavonia. Next time they won't get do lucky..

Yet, we soon find another good target for our conquests.

The first thing we do is land troops in Montenegro, and siege them. After this we annex them into our country, leaving us only at war with Serbia.

Luckily for us, Serbia's army is quite weak, making it easy for us to siege all of their provinces(but Nish is being sieged by Bulgaria.

We soon get peace with Serbia, demanding Vojvodina, and them renouncing their claims on Montenegro and Kosovo.
    We had wanted to get Nish, but the Bulgarians got their first...

After recieving the great news, our merchants rejoice by getting 5 of them into Provence and having a party.
    They invite more of their merchant friends, but they accidently go to Ill De France. Oh well..

Meanwhile, in Carniola...

After Carniola recieves its defense boost, a new dictato... err... i mean president is *voted* to office.

The first thing this man accomplishes, is to fill the homes of Paris with Slovenian goods.

Next, we decide to become more centralized in our policies.

To celebrate this momentous occasion, we decide that we want to get Ragusa into our country. Bulgaria and Germany seem to not like this plan very much, but we don't worry about that. They are not threats.

Or are they?

Switch to Presidential Dictatorship already!
    Also, don't be afraid of Germany. Bulgaria is much worse

"

You are right about Germany, considering that they probably have no army right now anyways. Bulgaria will be a challenge, but let's see what happens, shall we?

Slovenia: Europe's Last Empire Part 4

Slovenia: Europe's Last Empire Part 4

When we last left off, we had just declared war on Ragusa, and were waiting to see who would join the war. Hopefully Bulgaria will join, because they have 2 provinces that I want.

Success!

We are now engaged in a war against Ragusa and Bulgaria.
    The first thing we do, is to lay siege to Ragusa with all of our troops, while Bulgaria sieges Kosovo with their 12,000 men.

After almost an entire of sieging Ragusa, it finally falls to us.However, Bulgaria's siege is at 100%, and we need to get there fast.

First, we annex Ragusa into our country.

Then, we move all our troops into a great battle with Bulgaria in Kosovo, and we gain the upper hand...

Complete Victory!

Soon after this, we get an alliance offer from Turkey, a valuable ally.

Finally we accept a peace with Bulgaria. The provinces we gained in this war were Ragusa, Nish, and Gorna Dshumaja.

Slovenia and its armies after the war.(we also own Malta)

Yet, before we move our troops back to their home provinces, we pick out a new enemy to attack.

Unfortunately, due to the intensity of this war, I forgot to take screenshots(oops), but however, I can tell you that we just combines our armies and chased the greek troops around until we had sieged all of their mainland provinces, and this was the outcome of the peace deal.

We gained the provinces of Gijarostica, Paeonia, Macedonia, Komotini, and Salonica.

The last thing we do is to pull a move to Centralization.

Slovenia in 2038.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club

infamy?
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." -Mark Twain

“Destroying rainforest for economic gain is like burning a Renaissance painting to cook a meal.” -Edward O. Wilson

"Astrakhan rules the waves" -common knowledge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast