• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Shaybanid

Chapter 6

We return to the Shaybanid Khanate in 1560, at the time of a tribal succession crisis.

Ottomans are doing their best to clear out the rebels.

Ottomans have also brought me into a war with England. (not shown: Connacht, Tyrone, Finland) Their way of dealing with this is to march soldiers from Turkey all the way through Ukraine and Kazakhstan down to the Pakistani coast… access from Persia may make this a little easier.

Okay - I give in. Take my 5 prestige. Because I still have 78.

Declined. The only way I'd win a war like this is if I got the Ottomans involved - and since it is a defensive war, I believe Morocco stays warleader and thus I cannot call in the Turks. I think. I might be wrong.

There was a question here - which I answered myself. I do not take a stability hit. So I took this offer.

I only went into the war with Bohemia and Hungary. The one with England is one I already dropped out of.

The extent of the empire and the colonies.

OTTOMANS!!

It's possible that building five forts at once with my finances was not a good idea...

Viewcount: 342

Last edited:
Ottomans and England have a feud...

Feedback

CivandEUIII: Shaybanid is in V2 as the Khanate of Bukhara - ruled by the Shaybanid dynasty. The reason the Ottomans and the English have been at each others' throats is because the Ottomans are the current crusade target. And it might have something to do with English Yemen…

Malurous: Siberia's not so high on the priorities list, but it is useful to increase my manpower pool so I can increase my army size then go after an Indian state.

Shaybanid
Chapter 7

Marrying off his children to far away lands… This khagan is not all that useless:
(his son is 5/8/8)

Haaang on. Why do I get a succession crisis when it the regency council who died? What sense does this make?

*grumble*

10 years of nationalism now lasts 40 years…

(same in quite a few other provinces…)

The second stack of 7,000 men lost. I have 6 stacks left. These rebels are really taking it out of me.

I hope the Ottomans turn up to save me soon.

…and here they are. I don't know why I struggled so much with the rebels… maybe they have better tech then me?

India shouldn't be impossible when I come to invade it, as I have a huge advantage over them in tech.

Extorting Sibir again. They're what's keeping me afloat financially.

Paid off loan.

1574: 50 years played!

The Shaybanid dynasty. If the king dies I inherit Malacca :)

1575: Formed PU with Aceh

First slider move. I have been studiously ignoring them…

Awawawa! How did this happen?!

Thus begins the biggest war yet for Shaybanid. And I am war-leader.

And then- money!

That's the third time this army has lost a battle - it was originally 18,000 men.

That army regroups and another joins in - still not enough to repel the Persians.
Rebels are beginning to appear in eastern Persia.

Finally! cleared up the remains of that army. There are now no Persian soldiers in Shaybanid.

(The sieges you can see are my siege of Astrakhan and rebels in the north respectively… I need Astrakhan to hurry up so I can deal with the rebels.)

Aaannd… now I'm on my own.

Fortunately the Ottomans smashed the Persian armies.

Even in victories I feel I'm losing.

The perfect time for a TSC. I get out while I can.

Fortunately this new king is not as incapable.

I will leave it with *another* Ottoman war. I hope you enjoyed this chapter of war.

Viewcount: 398

Last edited:
What does it take to reform the government again? Do you intend to do this at some point?

I think he'll just conquer and core some of delhi's and (I think) rajputana's provinces and form the mughals instead of reforming the goverment.The good thing about the mughals is that they change your gov. to a monarchy

I think he'll just conquer and core some of delhi's and (I think) rajputana's provinces and form the mughals instead of reforming the goverment.The good thing about the mughals is that they change your gov. to a monarchy

He could also have waited one more day and have been the Mugals with I think a 8/9/9 monarch or something similar.

Nasty timing with the TSC, oh well, Persia is still weakened.

He could also have waited one more day and have been the Mugals with I think a 8/9/9 monarch or something similar.

But where's the fun in that? :D

Shaybanid
Chapter 8

Ottomans have collapsed. They have 0 soldiers. Uber Nogai makes me glad I went for CV. I will be colonising them.

Syria, Iraq, Greece, Georgia and the Hedjaz also gained independence.

Have colonised most of Kazakh.

Okay - Nogai seems to have upset the entire world. I may not be colonising them after all - I have an inexplicable truce with them for now.

Truce with the Nogai expires and it's time for a war.

Shaybanid is the largest empire in the world by area - bigger than China :D

Nogai has 43,000 soldiers to my 54,000.

Tribal succession crisis (where have I seen that before)

War with Nogai to be put on hold.

Still at war with Nogai. A new mission: destroy the Persians. Their army is weak but I will wait for the Spanish, Portuguese, English and Swedish to show up before I attack. I will also wait for the TSC to end…

The regency council means that there will be a second TSC in seven years' time…

If that isn't a victory, I don't know what is :\

The last of the rebels from the most recent TSC and an overview of the empire. As you can see I've been doing more colonisation in Siberia.

PLAN

Consume Sibir, Kazakh and Kazan.
Attack Persia at some point.
Attack Rajputana and take Jaipur. It is required to form the Mughals and borders three other provinces needed. I will probably get cores on them very quickly.
Then attack Delhi and form the Mughals.
Then into space.

Baluchistan declares independence from Persia. If they can stick around for five years (until I get out of the regency council), I will attack them.

Delhi has been at the Oirats.

Nogai and Kazakh both fully colonised - Poland and Lithuania got the lion's share of Nogai - starting on Siberia.

The regency council died again! (perhaps this is a bug :mad:)

Rajputana and Delhi embroiled in a war. Fortunately Ming is on Rajputana's side. However, that rules out attacking Rajputana for now…

Screw you, Ottomans. Now that they're dead, I don't want to get into a war with a powerful neighbour (Yes, I border Lithuania!)

Soon afterwards Austria joined in :O

My country is now rebel-free - it's time to start a war. My second of the game…

With Baluchistan's three provinces having level 2 forts, all I can do is wait and let Persia clear up the rest.

Which I did, and they do.

I leave you with a map of the diplomatic situation, and a Swahilian call to arms (It's probably something to do with Rajputni Mutapa :eek:). I'm still weighing up the benefits and consequences, which go somewhat like this:

benefits: chance to take provinces required to form the Mughals

consequences: MING

Viewcount: 571

The Shaybanids sure do love those Succession Crises.
can we see who has the larger army: you or Ming?
Also, do you eventually plan to take on the Delhi counter?
And that is the cleanest Eastern Europe ever. Nice purple waves.

Does Ming have a clear land route to reach you? If not, it should definitely be doable.

The demise of Persia and the Ottomans is a mixed blessing. On one hand you can grab Persian land and don't have to worry about them, but on the other you're going to have Europeans fill that void... :eek:

Feedback

sprites: Bohemia seems to have mostly relocated to Romania/Bulgaria…

Avindian:

eu3wiki said:
1. Nation must be a Tribal Federation, Tribal Democracy or Tribal Despotism
2. Ruler must have administrative skill of 7 or higher
3. At least one of the Centralization/Decentralization or Innovation/Narrowminded sliders is at 2 or higher.
4. The country or a neighbouring country must be in the Western, Eastern or Muslim tech group
5. Tech level 10 in Government Tech
6. Stability 2 or higher
7. Be at peace

I meet 1, half of 3 (have to centralise), 4, 5, 6 and 7. I also hold the additional requirement of 70 Legitimacy, but…

Gaga11111: …that's looking more likely. I need to hold and have a core on Jaipur (Rajputana), Lucknow, Delhi, Panipat, and Agra (all Delhi). I also need to be at peace with the king at least MIL 6. I'm hoping that Delhi collapses sometime soon.

Thandros and Malurous: Yes. Where is the fun in that?

CivandEUIII:

I want to take on Delhi at some point. I hold an advantage in tech against them, but a lot of my forces are tied up in the frozen north by rebels.

Rajputana's army is 19,000.

Malurous: Ming can easily just pop around Tannu Tuva, or even through it - they're at war with the Oirats.

The English have already cemented themselves in the Middle East. They're the red you can see in southern Iran and Saudi Arabia…

Oh. Oh crap.
However, I'm guessing:
1: Shaybanid is in the Muslim tech group.
2: Muslim > Chinese
3: More advanced units can beat the Ming.
4: Meaning you could become the ACTUAL new Genghis.

Shaybanid
Chapter 9

Noticed that Ming declined the call to arms from Rajputana. Perhaps they were scared of Swahili. So:

TO ARMS

Not a very eventful war. Rajputana had all their soldiers somewhere else, so the only battles were of 1,000 Rajputs.

Disaster! I couldn't take Jaipur because it is their capital…

I couldn't resist taking a picture of this.

There is also "Swedish Maya" floating to the west of Morocco.

Siberian colonisation complete. I intend to milk the Oirats for colonists, as Delhi seems to like occupying but not colonising them.

In a cruel twist of fate from my previous AAR…

On the bright side, this could allow Pegu to establish a colossal empire through the armies of Ming.

A call back into the same war.

And so a long, arduous struggle ensued…

Okay, I was lying it was what, one month.

Swahili, I don't care for you any more.

Should report this as a bug, it's a badly-written event.

I can't resist the allure of those tasty Hindu provinces :p.

Shaybanid reaches the great Eastern Ocean - oh wait.

Border with Ming is a tactical thing - Mongol rebels are appearing in the NW of the country. Hopefully I'll be able to colonise the Mongol khanate.

Hooray for the Holy War CB!

And the free Tribal CBs!

It was a very difficult war, oh yes, 100,000 Uzbek tribesmen had a tough time taking out the army of an OPM in India…

Nooo… Pegu…

Holy… !

Viewcount: 668

Last edited:
now for the core, and the Uzbeks will need to find a different pasttime.

Wow. :eek: Fortune seems to be favoring the Shaybanid, what with that surprise inheritance and no trouble from Ming. :)

Nice wars with Rajputana.

Shaybanid
Chapter 10

Welcome to another instalment of this Shaybanid AAR. I have a feeling it will mostly consist of rebels.

A big rebellion (!!) and a map to show how rebellious our new subjects are in India.

If Shaybanids were not fit to rule Shaybanid, we'll have to change its name :p

I chose to kill the heir as his Military skill is only 5 - I need 6 to form the Mughals. This does mean that I have no heir currently.

Hitting that big rebellion from earlier.

I organise my armies into stacks of 9,000 and distribute them throughout the empire. They're quite widely dispersed as the empire's quite big…

New heir is not that much of a plonker, but not good enough. Either this king lives to 1666 (61 year reign, meaning he'd have to live to 77) or we kill this heir through some devious means…

This war to be known as the "Shaybanidi-Ahmadnagari Evening-Out-Of-Borders War" :D

Much better.

No battle screens because there were not many.

Unfortunately I have now reached the point where I encounter the European colonial holdings. Norway has a bit of Gujarat, France on the eastern coast and England on the west. Portugal has managed to convert Madras and Ceylon to Catholic.

Poland used to have Travanacore.

Oops, a bad thing happened :eek:

Some delicious pie.

You might be able to see Wu exiled to Hainan.

The colonists decided they didn't like the frozen north so they went to Madagascar :D.

There's nothing I like more than killing Rajputana - especially when they hold one of my cores.

shay132.jpg

And so they die. Gains me a centre of trade, Kutch, putting my total to three.

Rebels are exhausting…

shay133.jpg

Kill the heir! Let's hope the noble who ascends the throne has at least 6 military.

What is it with Shaybanid heirs and 5 military score…?!

shay135.jpg

So he must die, too.

shay136.jpg

And the natives are slowing down the colonies - and so they must die.

I never liked Aceh much anyway.

Finally! Here's hoping he makes it to 32 years of age. Or his father lives for another 32 years.

Gained a core on Samara and lost "overextension".

Time for a war I think this means :D unfortunately all the little Indian states seem to be allied with Ming… :mad:

I have some colonies in Russia, and the names are a bit boring. Care to suggest names for them?

Viewcount: 792

Last edited: