• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tamius23

Indefatigable Psychotic
40 Badges
Feb 12, 2011
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
Children of Genghis Khan: Shaybanid AAR

Chapter 1

Dec 31, 1524*

Here be Shaybanid

The reason I started Dec 31, 1524?

Go into EU3 and have a look at Shaybanid on 31 Dec, 1524. Then move forward one day.

Khagan Kochkunju Khan

This man is possibly the most useless Uzbek in the entirety of the sixteenth century. He will be known hence as

KOCHKUNJU KHAN THE INCOMPETENT

Kochkunju's to-do list

Also on Kochkunju's list are the two icons at the side: Kazakh and Chagatai. They will be smited by the armies of Shaybanid:

Let the madness begin!

First in line is Kazakh. I offered Khiva an alliance to get some more numbers (FOR THE HORDE!) even though I have claims on all of their territory. That said, those claims aren't going anywhere.

Oh, and I'm training eight more units of soldiers. And I'm disbanding my two cannons. They're slow and very expensive.

And the war with Kazakh gets off to an excellent start! Thank you Khiva. Fortunately Khiva are ignoring the 10,000 Nogais in their country.

Shaybanidi completely rightful claims - don't forget the mission for Herat

And so it came to be that in the month of May, 1525, the horde of Kochkunju Khan of the Shaybanid dynasty entered the city of Turkestan. There was much ravaging and pillaging, and the mighty Uzbeks made the city's streets run with blood. The houses were ransacked and the shops emptied of anything valuable, and the soldiers left with sacks and sacks of gold, some from the epic pillaging campaigns of the Kazakhs, who inhabited the city; the city's library, containing ancient scripts, was set alight; and the field were sowed with salt.

Last of the Chagatai troops

And now the glorious nation of Shaybanid is at peace once more.

Hang on, what am I on about?

Mwahaha...

Oh, bugger…

And that concludes the first chapter of my Shaybanid AAR.

* I hope you noticed I lied about the date ;)

Last edited:
Table of Contents

Not very high-tech.

Chapter 1, 1525-1527, page 1
Chapter 2, 1527-1530, page 1
Chapter 3, 1530-1541, page 1
Chapter 4, 1542-1548, page 1
Chapter 5, 1548-1558, page 1
Chapter 6, 1558-1567, page 2
Chapter 7, 1567-1580, page 2
Chapter 8, 1580-1600, page 2
Chapter 9, 1600-1616, page 2
Chapter 10, 1616-1641, page 2
Chapter 11, 1641-1670, page 3
Chapter 12, 1670-1675, page 3
Chapter 13, 1676-1685, page 3
Chapter 14, 1685-1705, page 3
Chapter 15, 1706-1713, page 4
Chapter 16, 1715-1743, page 4
Chapter 17, 1743-1756, page 4
Chapter 18, 1762-1795, page 4
Chapter 19, 1795-1814, page 4
Chapter 20, 1815-1821, page 4
Statistics Addendum: page 4

Last edited:
Back, but with more chances of survival?
Comparing Kaba Ma Kyei Pegu and the Current Shaybanid:
Pegu Pro:
Lot's of little neighbors and unfortified areas
Rather protected
Pegu Con:
Ming
Unfortified areas
Shaybanid Pro:
Nice central location
large
forts
Shaybanid Con:
Horde
SCs
Most useless, pathetic rulers ever.

Both just about equal.

I see why you chose that date rather clever really. But you have to admit the ruler of the state which takes most of your land the next day is much better.

Ah, Shaybanid - the country I've always intended to play, but never got around to it. I'll follow.

Shaybanid

Chapter 2

More sacking. I have a feeling this may create a theme whenever I capture a province. Still, free prestige.

Here's the pretender - a relic from the tribal succession crisis. He's going nowhere for two reasons:

1. He can't hope to attack my army and win.
2. His surname is not Shaybanid so he cannot be the ruler of Shaybanid. Besides, the population would be angered to have a country called "Burilgi".

Victory against Khiva. I couldn't annex them for some odd reason. I also gave in to Najd, as I thought I needed to to annex Khiva, but I didn't. Ah well, it's only 5 prestige.

However, this glorious victory has its consequences.

Running out of money. I can't wait until 1533 when I will be able to embrace "national bank". Unfortunately I already have three less useful ideas (Divine Supremacy, National Conscripts & Military Drill). I could do with changing the first one if it weren't for the 3 stability loss…

But until then…

exploit nomadic tribes :)

NEWS FROM THE SOUTH

The pretender ran off into Khorasan for some odd reason, and was killed by some Persians; some Baluchi nationalists also arose and went into Persia. Not entirely sure why.

I have disbanded the navy of Shaybanid. Because it is pointless to have one as a horde. Except not a horde. A "tribal federation".

Statistics time

Yes, these rulers are, in the words of CivandEUIII, the most useless, pathetic rulers ever. His son isn't all that pathetic, but it doesn't matter, as he will certainly be dead by the time he comes to the throne.

Money, or lack of it. I don't know why the investments are more that I actually take in tax, but it might have something to do with the "Incapable Ruler" modifier, -1/3 tax. Ack. Hopefully he will die soon.

Military maintenance at 0%.

I can't afford and will probably lose a war with Rajputana, so I declined this. I've still got acres of prestige.

Has this changed in the patch? I'm certain it used to be 100 ducats…

I will leave it there, for the next few days hour.

Feedback shortly.

Tamius

Viewcount: 42

Feedback
The first of many

CivandEUIII: Let me refine that for you.

Pegu

Pros:
Ming protects you (PU much)
Easyish to create a large empire

Cons:
Have to build forts
Ming gets you into wars you cannot finish :mad:

Shaybanid

Pros:
Big
Some claims to start off with
Centre of trade

Cons:
Tribal (succession crises)
Useless rulers

NOT A HORDE!! (much)

Thandros: I don't exactly pick the easiest nations…
And yes even a small dead mouse is much better than my first or second rulers (3/4/3 and 4/4/4 respectively)

Malurous: This is actually my third game of EU3 which will be played to the end (my other two were Pegu (read its AAR) and Tibet.)

Liked your Pegu AAR; I will follow this as well!

His son isn't all that pathetic, but it doesn't matter, as he will certainly be dead by the time he comes to the throne.

An undead khagan? :eek: That's epic! :D

I'll check out your Pegu AAR too (you started it at a time when I was pretty much out of AARland so I've missed it until now), you write well.

Shaybanid
Chapter 3

We return to Shaybanid where the Khagan looks at his army. And it is time for war.

The second with Kazakh. Now they make us pay our soldiers again. What a waste of time…

And that is that. Should help solve a few money problems. The reason why I am not showing you any battle results screens is because there were none. No battles in that war at all. I just ignored their big stack and couldn't catch the little one.

News from far far away: a new war. I am going to take this one to increase the Ottomans' trust in me and use them later for an invasion of Persia. Master plans ;)

1533 rolls around and with it, a national idea. I'm going with National Bank so that I can stay afloat money-wise.

I'm now at war with Austria, Spain, Poland, Scotland, Lithuania and… Aztec. Not a good coalition in anyone's book… I'm looking for a white peace here.

NB allows me to gain a 50 ducat surplus per year. I will be using it to colonise large swathes of Russia.

Mwahaha.

The I-didn't-expect-that of the week. Argh. Shortly followed by 9,000 Spaniards, I may add.

And more nomadery. I don't get a rest from this, do I?

Austria finished their war with the Ottomans and I lost nothing at all from it. The Ottomans still wouldn't join in a war if I started one, so I'll have to support them more later.

Sibir annexed Kazakh and are now huge. A worthy enemy for Shaybanid. I have used my newfound wealth to pay off my loan and colonise an (admittedly rubbish) Nogai province.

shay33.jpg

shay34.jpg

Current map and completely legitimate claims.

Next plan: colonise some of Sibir, and attack Khiva, which is allied with Kashmir. Both of whom I have claims on.

Peace with Sibir. Their army outnumbered mine and I'm surprised I got a win out of this. I managed to colonise Kyzyl Kum, but I think I only did it because they are slowly collapsed due to Kazakh rebels.

I have around six months until the truce runs out with Chagatai. I've got enough colonists for one or two of their provinces.

This is why I set colonists to 300 :D

More colonisation. Plan is to eat Chagatai and move on to the Oirats, at some point consuming both Khiva and Kashmir - if possible, in one war.

Oh, Ottomans. You again.

Taken because they now trust Shaybanid. And brought in this wonderful collection of major powers:

White peace, white peace, white peace!

… And exactly one day after the Austrians beat up the Ottomans:

While still involved in a war with Brunei, I attack Kashmir, in the hope they bring in Khiva, who I can eat. I haven't called in any of my allies, as they would not join. They did, incidentally, get Khiva involved, as well as the two Indian minors to which I will do nothing. Probably.

A short war without any incidents. I took an infamy hit for Khiva :(.

Thus concludes Chapter Three. I will be writing Four soon.

Viewcount: 116

Good going!

Was the infamy hit necessary? Did Khiva have some ally that you couldn't have handled?

Feedback

Avindian: Thank you!

Malurous: Kashmir was war-leader, and I had claims all over them, so could annex infamy-free. I also had claims on Khiva's only remaining province, so I thought that would be infamy-free - but it wasn't.

My infamy limit is only 14 due to having an "incapable ruler".

Which makes me feel sorry for you, Shaybanid deserves better!
Are you planning to form the Mughals?

Malurous: Kashmir was war-leader, and I had claims all over them, so could annex infamy-free. I also had claims on Khiva's only remaining province, so I thought that would be infamy-free - but it wasn't.

In most cases CB's only have an effect in negotiations with the nation you DoWed, so in such a situation the provinces have to be taken in separate wars (one trick is to DoW both allies at the same time, so you get two wars with Reconquest CB).

Shaybanid

Chapter 4

We find Shaybanid in 1542 in a completely different position than before:

Ugh, deja vu. Yes, we are at war with a horde. And that horde has 25,000 men to our 26,000.

Well, it did.

Did anybody notice the name of the Siberian king? No?

Shaybanid Royal Family. Also in power in Bengal.

Peace with Sibir. Notice the two provinces colonised.

I have a new mission - to get an army larger than that of Persia. Which has an army of nigh-on 80,000.

I annexed the Chagatai khanate which allows me to get a border with the Oirats - and colonise them.

Peace with the Oirats:

You can see the recent acquisitions. I now have the path open to Siberia and nomads for colonists. This will be good :)

And this is both a good thing and a bad thing. I'll leave it here for now.

Viewcount: 241

Strong progress eating into the hordes.

How's Ming's army size? It might be dangerous to get a border with them before you've dealt with Persia somehow. Maybe safer to leave a small Oirat buffer...

Also good to see that the cash flow seems pretty nice. That is after all a necessity for Siberian colonization, especially as quick fortification is even more important with the TSC's. :)

Feedback

CivandEUIII: It depends whether Delhi collapses like it normally does from a 1399 start, or becomes a huge Muslim powerhouse in India. It looks like it'll do the latter - it's converting lots of provinces - but if something takes it down (likely France) I can jump in.

Malurous:

Ming's army is pretty big and they're currently using it to chew up the Oirats. They don't seem to be doing any colonisation.

Notice the statistics for myself, Delhi, Persia, and the Ottomans - they're all there.

I'm not sure how sustainable Siberia will be, as I'm now reaching all the rubbish provinces, but I will stay there until I feel I can move my focus to the south.

UPDATE INCOMING

Shaybanid

Chapter 5

Aha, my first ruler who is not "incapable". But only in administrative duties - where he has an 8.

And here's his heir. His heir here. Also repeatedly murdering rebels.

Colonising the Nogai - this is the third time my colonist has failed on >90% chance.

I thought they'd never ask. You can see how far they've got already.

The stupid colonist finally succeeds, and brings with him a newfound benefit. Oh great.

Truce has run out with Sibir and I don't exactly know why I'm not at war with them again.

Shaybanidi-Ottoman border.

At war with Sibir again. I need more colonists.

Fixed that. But that's a risky decision…

That's the first time I've seen this event. An excellent excuse to attack Delhi, who has four of the five provinces I need to form the Mughals. Unfortunately, they're very powerful. But they will collapse soon - hopefully.

More colonisation. Made peace with Sibir shortly after I took this picture.

Heir dies. And, surprisingly, I have one of the best heirs possible…

This is the end of Nogai. They were an Ottoman vassal… don't know how that happened… Fortunately they didn't bring them in.

I couldn't resist posting how great Pegu is. If I ever get involved in SE Asia in this game (ie. eat India), I will nurture Pegu.

Khmer is a Buddhist Archbishopric (WTF)

The year is now 1558 and I've just started a new war with Sibir.

Tamius

Viewcount: 290

Which proves the point that "the major reason the Shaybanids never survided is a deficit of decent Uzbek Rulers.

A 3/3/3 heir with a weak claim? :wacko: Well, at least it can't get any worse.

Anyway, very good progress with the hordes. I suppose you're in no particular hurry with Siberia, seeing how Russia has failed.

Hopefully you can stay on the Turk's good side.

BTW, I read your Pegu AAR. Here's hoping you don't run into any such game breaking bug in this one as your AARs are good reads.