+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Corrupted save games.....

Corrupted save games.....

Hello.
    So after these CTD's and other issues we got 2 patches and finally previous one fixed more or less CTD's for me but now after short break from game i cannot load anymore ANY of my saves cos they all CTD instantly after trying to load any of them!!!! DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD lmao i was pretty far into game done all pirate&buccaneer missions couple left on corsairs. So what now? Am i supposed to start new campaign and hope this wont happen again....
    This is very bad... Anyone who finished the game is there much left for me to play at this point or was i already near finishing the game cos if thats so then gg was fun for a while but thats it for me. Never seen this unstable game so grats for that i guess its something lol otherwise very interesting and nice game too bad its broken in every possible way :S

Oh right yea they are all ~217mb lol... Whole folder taking 1,4gb space...

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection

These savegame issues are up next on our todo list so we'll get rid of these next week.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
    Twitter: blackcovegame
    Facebook: PiratesofBlackCove

It'd make us really happy, if we'd get our hands on one of those bigger saves!

It seems they arent that big in reality since after packing up the file its only 256kb :O Well anyway here is one of those corrupted files they are all same sized so i guess you can see whats going on with this one.
    http://www.2shared.com/file/SBdCh-HH/SaveGames.html

I'd appreciate if you get to fixing this problem as well, since I now cannot play the game I paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by Madwand View Post
    I'd appreciate if you get to fixing this problem as well, since I now cannot play the game I paid for.
    Agreed, i'd only like to add that I was very pleased with the gaming experience throughout the pirate and bucanneer missions, and would just like to start the game from the last mission I was on. However, there is this corrupted save file issue. I appreciate the effort the devs and all of you at nitro are putting into getting this game up and running for all of us interested in a piratical adventure.

Angry Corrupted Saves

Hi i have this same thing my saves its to corrupted Whats the point play over and over again
    But my have 197 MB and cant load to

I feel your pain Brother...

Quote Originally Posted by Angrycustomers View Post
    Hello.
    So after these CTD's and other issues we got 2 patches and finally previous one fixed more or less CTD's for me but now after short break from game i cannot load anymore ANY of my saves cos they all CTD instantly after trying to load any of them!!!! DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD lmao i was pretty far into game done all pirate&buccaneer missions couple left on corsairs. So what now? Am i supposed to start new campaign and hope this wont happen again....
    This is very bad... Anyone who finished the game is there much left for me to play at this point or was i already near finishing the game cos if thats so then gg was fun for a while but thats it for me. Never seen this unstable game so grats for that i guess its something lol otherwise very interesting and nice game too bad its broken in every possible way :S
    The Developers should really feel ashamed for putting this game out in it's present state. I have been playing thru CTD and now experienced the same thing, save games will not work, period no matter what I tried. I even wiped the whole game and re-installed.

I am attempting to request a refund from Steam, doubt it will do any good. But I am certainly going to pas the word along to anyone I can to steer clear of this garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg75 View Post
    Hi i have this same thing my saves its to corrupted Whats the point play over and over again
    But my have 197 MB and cant load to

Think of it as a feature! Infinite adventures forced upon you!

I'm in a similar situation as OP. I finished Pirates, but I'm on Buccaneers now. Steam updated to version 1.0.2.7571 (blackcove.exe file properties>details) today. Loading any of my three most current gamesaves crashes-to-desktop after a minute or two. I didn't have a CTD or gamesave corruption problem prior to this new patch.

Also, to add to the necessary fixes, whenever I'm in the water, my screen will intermittently freeze for 2 seconds (video and sounds freeze but music plays continuously) then resume. The only constant is that it happens in the water (capturing, shooting several ships at once, traveling slowly with no other islands/ships on the screen, etc.). I've had this problem since launch. I have a decent PC (Win 7 64) and all my drivers are up-to-date. All my other games play fine at max or nearly-max settings. I've even toned down the settings in this game along with the Win 7 compatibility fix, ambient occlusion off, etc and this intermittent freezing still happens. I've dealt with it since I could at least play the game, but now I can't because of the gamesave corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightsleeper View Post
    It'd make us really happy, if we'd get our hands on one of those bigger saves!
    Here are 3 saves of mine. Each is 81.2MB. Compressed file is 459KB, extracted it's 243MB.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MU4QPYT7

I hope you can either fix these saves or release the next patch to do it automatically because I don't think I'll be playing this game from the beginning all over again.

Thanks for the saves they've been very very vvvvvvery helpful!

Thumbs down

same problem. i am at the point of hitting my computer. that is when i decision to get in here to vent.

i will quit unit the patch the save game issue.

First time round. i reach the "save the princess", before save game died.

Second round. save game died after the vodoo. mission. kind of early to die.

Can i fix this saves somehow ?

Can somebody tell me how to fix this saves ? maybe use WinHex or something ?
    This happend before Kraken.
    I want play on this game,but not from new game this is no point becouse maybe this happend again and again

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection

Well, we have a patch coming later this week which should fix those bloated and crashing saves. At least those savegames that was submitted to us for tests seems to be working again.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
    Twitter: blackcovegame
    Facebook: PiratesofBlackCove

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneNaval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveThe Showdown Effect
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Samppa View Post
    Well, we have a patch coming later this week which should fix those bloated and crashing saves. At least those savegames that was submitted to us for tests seems to be working again.
    So we wont be ablt to continue with our saves until then? Will they even work after another patch?

And if I start a new game with the latest patch (#2 and the second steam hotfix) will that save also get corrupted at any point?

Quote Originally Posted by Oogh View Post
    And if I start a new game with the latest patch (#2 and the second steam hotfix) will that save also get corrupted at any point?
    I did with the 2 patches we see on this official game forum, I dont use steam
    to finish game with a fresh start

is that good?

Just now steam notified me that my game was ready to play (meaning an update had occurred). I fired it up and loaded my previously corrupted last save and it worked!! So they are doing something here to fix things. Still no excuse for releasing it the way they did.

For you and everyone having those bloated 10-300mb saves, load the save and save again. The size should drop back to 1-2mb. :-)

Corporal
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Semper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the Roses

You've got no chance of a refund from Steam. I've had games from them that won't work on 2 totally different computers with totally different configurations (and they aren't using anything that could be considered 'non standard.' One was an AMD quad core with 9800 Nvidea video card and the other an Intel Icore 7 with GTX560TI Nvidea video card. Not exactly non-standard). They passed the system requirements on the games own "will your PC work with this game" sites. However, Steam didn't even replying to the 2 e-mails asking for a refund or another game of same value!

+ Reply to Thread