+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: HoI III: For the Motherland 3.05 patch

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEast India CompanyEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IISemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Hiiri View Post
    This.

I think the patches are the way they are for anti-piracy (correct me if I'm wrong), which is a huge mistake. We all know that anti-piracy only hurts legitimate customers and in the end, the company.

Still, thanks for the patch.
    If I've understood correctly, Paradox titles do not include any kind of drm copy protection to begin with?

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 Beta
    V2 AHD BetaPride of NationsRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Ok. This thread has been hijacked by the whiny Steam kids. I'm leaving now.

Love the patch. Love the game.

Everyone carry on.
    I'm a 19th century man inflicting himself upon a 21st century world.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Unbelievers always want other people to act like Christians." - Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Perfected by the sixteen men of Tain.

Quote Originally Posted by tst81 View Post
    If I've understood correctly, Paradox titles do not include any kind of drm copy protection to begin with?
    No, not the game itself (thumbs up for that), but to me this seems like an indirect attempt of DRM. I don't see any other reason for not having the patches also in a .zip-file, which would instantly remove any Steam patching issues.

I don't think any of the Paradox games have been automatically updated in a long time.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by RELee View Post

Everyone carry on.
    I must say I love the patch too, just like the game. Am I a whiny steam kid for giving some advice to paradox on how to make me and others even happier customers? I hope not!

Manners Makyth Man Demi Moderator Lord Strange's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

It's RELee. If he ain't being grumpy it isn't him. His standard position is yelling at kids on his proverbial lawn.
    Founder of the Lord Strange School of Thought

If I'm speaking in Gold, it means I'm speaking in my capacity as a Demi-Mod.
    Any other colour, it's your choice whether to pay attention or not

Everyone carry on.
    wow, what an ass

EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 Beta
    V2 AHD BetaPride of NationsRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadGelo View Post
    wow, what an ass
    You keep talking to yourself in the mirror like that and folks will think you're weird.
    I'm a 19th century man inflicting himself upon a 21st century world.
    "Unbelievers always want other people to act like Christians." - Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card
    Perfected by the sixteen men of Tain.

Bad mojo Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Please stop the spamming !

You keep talking to yourself in the mirror like that and folks will think you're weird.
    He was clearly talking to you. There is nothing wrong with steam customers wanting the 3.05 patch (I myself am one of them). I'd hardly say anyone has been 'whiny' in their approach asking why steam customers have yet to have it. I'd say you were trolling in your comment but clearly with your post count and join date you've been here working your magic a while.

Bavarian Emperor X_MasterDave_X's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

if we learn something...then it is this:

best to buy all Paradox Games at Gamersgate in Future.
    You will never wait again for patches.
    One of the 2 lucky winners of the 200k celebration
    TY Paradox for lifetime supply of your games !!!

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations

Quote Originally Posted by X_MasterDave_X View Post

Indeed, however having bought the base game on steam I was kind of forced to buy the expansion on steam too. If I only would have known...

The German General Böttcher F. is not to be found on Google, instead I found a Karl Böttcher should it have been him?

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...0fce4#p1140687

Welcome
    I have HOI3 gold and FTM 3.04 downloaded from Impulse - every time i try to install patch 3.05 get the information - could not find for the motherland installed.
    Please help find the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by semdam View Post
    Welcome
    I have HOI3 gold and FTM 3.04 downloaded from Impulse - every time i try to install patch 3.05 get the information - could not find for the motherland installed.
    Please help find the solution.
    Ask in tech support forum, they should be able to help you there.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by De_Spinoza View Post
    Why doesn't Paradox just upload the zipped patch to their tech support forums for steam users? The Darkest Hour team did it like that with a 'unified' patch and it worked like a charm. Now Im forced to download a patch uploaded by someone to the steam forums which seems to give an incorrect checksum.
    At least 2 reasons that I am aware of.

1) They shouldn't have to...they have a perfectly good system available for applying patches. It isn't their fault that Steam (and Impulse) break that process by changing the install method (and registry entries).
    2) Their contract with Steam doesn't allow them to provide the patch directly, it has to go through Steam.
    Beta Tester: HOI2-DD Armageddon 1.3 Patch
    Team Member: Darkest Hour (on Hiatus for School and other projects)

I am an American, not a United Statian, United Stater, USAian or any other PC alternative, live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by xtfoster View Post
    At least 2 reasons that I am aware of.

1) They shouldn't have to...they have a perfectly good system available for applying patches. It isn't their fault that Steam (and Impulse) break that process by changing the install method (and registry entries).
    It's not a matter of 'they have to' - it's just a matter of making things a bit easier for customers. Considering uploading the patch requires a minimum of effort yet gives a lot of happy customers, I think it would be wise. Paradox has done the same in the past, anyway.

2) Their contract with Steam doesn't allow them to provide the patch directly, it has to go through Steam.
    This is nonsense. The patch uploaded as a compressed file should not break any contract(if there even is one) as it can just as well be applied to the boxed version of the game. It is the customer's choice, as to say. If your statement is true, the zipped (beta)-patches paradox so kindly provided in the past would not be allowed by the contract either. Which makes me believe there is no such contract.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by X_MasterDave_X View Post

It's ridiculous to say that you'll never have to wait for patches from Gamersgate. You might not have to wait as long as you would with Steam, but you'll have to wait. The 3.05 patch for FtM wasn't available from GG until 2 weeks after it became available here on the forums. I bought SF and FtM (and lots of other games) from GG, and I'll probably buy lots more, but patches for PI games are not instantly available on GG.

Convicted Drive-by Poster Pro_Consul's Avatar
    EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiSword of the StarsMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations500k club

This is nonsense. The patch uploaded as a compressed file should not break any contract(if there even is one) as it can just as well be applied to the boxed version of the game.
    There is no boxed version of FtM. It is only available as a digital download. And Steam's own delivery and installation method makes the normal patching process fail. So please quit trying to blame PI for something that Valve (Steam) did. If Steam were not insistent on imposing their proprietary delivery methods as part of their DRM scheme, then this would not even be an issue.

It is the customer's choice, as to say. If your statement is true, the zipped (beta)-patches paradox so kindly provided in the past would not be allowed by the contract either. Which makes me believe there is no such contract.
    You are trying to apply common sense to a matter that is presided over by lawyers. Bad move. It'll never work.
    An Englishman thinks a hundred miles is a long way. An American thinks a hundred years is a long time. I am beginning to think a hundred dollars is a lot of money. Two of these facts are interesting. All of them are revealing. But only one of them is truly pathetic.

Member of the Ahistoric Association

AHOI-Mod Series Developer Demi Moderator Chromos's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

Blog Entries

Smile

How to do mixed installs form different distris:
    Questions-regarding-to-install-from-different-distributors-boxed-versions

Boxed version of HOI3-For the Motherland:
    German Boxed version of HOI3-For the Motherland at Amazon

Also Semper Fi was available in Germany and Poland as boxed version.
    Because of different names(localisation files) for censorship , the initial german boxed version of HOI3 had a different checksum.
    But installing a patch may solve that.

The problems with Steam is, that they just do not set some Reg entries, because they handle software through their own software installer. So you have not the Reg entry that the patch is asking for...
    Now Paradox could make sure that their patch installer is checking all the possible ways their partners do the install, or their partners just add this key to the Registry. And now you could maybe imagine what is going on behind the scenes. As that means additional costs and maybe some does not want to spend it.

If you don't get the patch in time through your Ditributor blame him!

IMHO thats the way to go. As the Developer P has done everything right in a senseable way to install the software. Only the Distributor that have for their business modell different ways to distribute the software have problems..

Best regards,
    Chromos
    Former Game Developer East vs. West: - Lua AI / Political -
    AHOI-Mod - A Hearts of Iron 3 "Treasure Chest": Soon: Play WW-I up to the Cold War
    First AAR by me! -> Victory Ahoy! (A Let's Play AAR with AHOI-Mod-"Treasure-Chest")
    AHOI-Mod - Widescreen Mods (For std HoI3 from SF to TFH): See more at a glance/usable from 1280*768 on
    AHOI-Mod - Widescreen Mods (For other HoI3 Mods): See more with your fav mod -usable from 1280*768 on
    AHOI-Mod - Dynamic AI (For std HoI3 FTM): Play with an ai that is adjustible wih decsions
    Check my profile: Find out more info about HoI-III, modding and the AHOI-Mods

It's not a matter of 'they have to' - it's just a matter of making things a bit easier for customers. Considering uploading the patch requires a minimum of effort yet gives a lot of happy customers, I think it would be wise. Paradox has done the same in the past, anyway.

This is nonsense. The patch uploaded as a compressed file should not break any contract(if there even is one) as it can just as well be applied to the boxed version of the game. It is the customer's choice, as to say. If your statement is true, the zipped (beta)-patches paradox so kindly provided in the past would not be allowed by the contract either. Which makes me believe there is no such contract.
    its same reason why Battlefleld 3 is not going to be on steam

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast