• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OK sorry huys it looks like I wont be able to get the next update up before I leave, im far to nervous to write anything, my hands are shaking and ive already made about 10 spelling mistakes writing this. I will however have access to a computer in about a week and a half. See ya then.

Im back. Im on my first break from army training. I will not post anything tonight as im exhausted. The next update is written, all I have to do is add the screenshots at the proper places. Itwill most likeley be posted tomorrow.

Thanks, it was great. Very tiring with marching and such but totally worth it when we started shooting. Swedish AK5, clearly one of the most comfortable Assault rifles in the world. Next week we are going to start practicing hand to hand combat and obstacle course.

Ahhh army training...I love the smell of willie pete in the morning.
Post when you get the time, and just think of all the "luxuries" that a 21st century fighting man has compared to his 15th century counterpart. Like an airforce or a tank. Or an assault rifle:D

Ahhh army training...I love the smell of willie pete in the morning.
Post when you get the time, and just think of all the "luxuries" that a 21st century fighting man has compared to his 15th century counterpart. Like an airforce or a tank. Or an assault rifle:D

Actually the biggest luxury we have is the food. Swedish army food is amazing, its like eating at a 4 star resturant every day.

Chapter 2

Plans freshly hatched easily tumble from the nest, right into the hunters stew pot
King Fredrik I Gryf of Denmark, Sweden and Norway ascended the throne at age 15. His rule would last a mere two years before he died of pneumonia. Without a proper heir the Danish throne goes to a prominent noble, one Erik VII von Welf. However the Riksråd in both Sweden and Norway sees him as illegitimate and elect their own kings. The Kalmar union is shattered.

Christophs ability to rule under pressure is quickly put to the test is the Kingdom of Norway wishes to flex its muscles. The declaration of war arrives in Stockholm castle in mid February. While Norway has kept her military alliance with Denmark Sweden chose to sever all ties, a decision that will soon prove foolish.

The combined weight of the Danish and Norwegian navies turns the Swedish one into splinters in the first few months of war. King Christoph orders the raising of an army in Finland to bring the total number of Swedish soldiers to 12 000. While this forces Christoph to take 3 sizable loans from various wealthy merchant families and bankers in Germany it is a necessary evil.
Over the course of 2 years Danish and Norwegian forces drives the Swedish army further and further North until the reinforcements arrive from Finland. Danish forces are laying siege to Stockholm when Christoph arrives. Christoph has a slight advantage in numbers most importantly in the amount of cavalry. The Danes lose almost 2/3 of their cavalry including many noblemen that were serving as officers

This battle effectively puts a halt to any further Danish offensives against Stockholm. Christoph turns his forces West towards Norway and after recapturing Värmland and driving the Norwegians back into their mountains the Norwegians are willing to accept a status quo ante bellum. The war has been hard on the Norwegian economy and its civilian population who sees fathers and sons disappear in a war seemingly without clear goal and reason.

After this war the entire Finnish army is disbanded and Christoph realizes that if Sweden is to manage she will need strong allies. He seeks and alliance with The Kingdom of England and is welcomed with open arms. While England is involved in a peculiar three way war with France and Burgundy over Calais the English call to arms is merely symbolical as Sweden has no way of transporting troops. The war will end in 1425 with Burgundy being given Calais.

Meanwhile King Christoph and the Riksråd decide on a large construction program of Marketplaces to organize the sales of the rich supplies of fur in Finland and Northern Sweden.

This program along with some new revolutionary agricultural techniques makes Swedens future look just a little less gloomy. Still the Danish-Norwegian alliance remains a constant threat. Hopefully the alliance with England will forestall any aggression until a proper army can be fielded.

Sweden 1425

Christoph I Vasa (ADM 3, MIL 3, DIP 5)

By the grace of god, King of Sweden and Grand Prince of Finland
Dynastic links: None

Army: 2000 Latin Knights, 4000 Men at Arms
Navy: Splinters in the baltic

Last edited:
There, hope that satisfies some of your hunger for updates.
PS: If ou get the reference in the Chapter title you are a cool person

Ok, now im really embarrassed. I managed to lose the screens for 1425 to 1438. The next update will start in 1438, really the only thing that happened was that The Hansa allied me and took Gotland from TO and Norway attacked me again, this time they payed for it and I claimed the Province of Jämtland. I also got a new king in 1433. you will see his name in the Table of contents for the next update. I hope this is not to big of a deal for you guys.

Good update! The Danes and Norwegians should be easy now, if you beat one at a time. What's the deal with "Grand prince of Finland" though? It seems like a modern recognition of their independence to me. It should be "King of the Geats, Swedes and Vandals" (götars, svears och venders konung) if I am not mistaken.

Good update! The Danes and Norwegians should be easy now, if you beat one at a time. What's the deal with "Grand prince of Finland" though? It seems like a modern recognition of their independence to me. It should be "King of the Geats, Swedes and Vandals" (götars, svears och venders konung) if I am not mistaken.

Grand Prince of Finland was used by Charles XII. I simply Implemented it sooner as Finland was considered a part of Sweden but was still reffered to as Finland. It just seemed to fit.

Grand Prince of Finland was used by Charles XII. I simply Implemented it sooner as Finland was considered a part of Sweden but was still reffered to as Finland. It just seemed to fit.
Oh, you're right. It seems the title has been used since Johan III. Anyway, I always liked when you start off with a Vasa king after gaining independence. Keep it going!