• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think the US has such low IC because of that crippling dissent, America doesn't get shortages after all, lol. Oh and also, way to hold the home state... JK, but make sure Wisconsin doesn't fall completely, Madison is a nice city, it wouldn't be so nice as rubble, hehehe.

Chapter VIII: The destruction of an US Army division (July – August 21st, 1937)

In the east, another attack by the Union was beaten back.

csa0055.jpg

A later assault of 6 Union Divisions against Charlottville was also beaten back, but it was a narrow victory – it was necessary to temporary leave Richmond without protection.

csa0059.jpg

In the end, the Union had wasted too many forces in mass charges against the Syndicalists and was reaching the breaking point.

csa0062.jpg

Meanwhile, the first Syndicalist offensive in Wisconsin was underway. Once the US realized the aim, it launched a futile counterattack….

csa0057.jpg

Eventually, 1st Bayou Infantry Division – a regular US unit – was directly attacked. The only possible retreat area was the northern part of Michigan – and another Syndicalist Militia unit was already advancing towards that area. For the first time, an US unit was in danger of being annihilated.

csa0058.jpg

Eventually, the US Division broke, retreating to Marquette – while a Syndicalist Division under General Detro was rushing forward to cut off the US retreat.

csa0060.jpg

csa0061.jpg

Furthermore, France send more aid in form of another infantry division and another fighter plane unit.

In a step that was regarded as an unusual decision, the Combined Syndicates started the construction of what would be the core of the new navy.

csa0056.jpg

Several reasons contributed to this decision:
- New York was now safe enough in order to start such a major project
- Once the war on the continent would be won, it would probably be necessary to hunt down the Union and US navy.
- In the long run, the Entente was the enemy – and it would have to be fought on the sea, too.

"Furthermore, Russia annexed the Soviet Union – a dark day for Syndicalism worldwide. "

NOOOOOuuuuuuz ;( i so wanted to see that event when both Soviets and CSA congratulate each other on succesful revolution ;(

Chapter IX: The Offensive towards Denver (August 22nd – October 11th)

The next offensive was against St. Charles where the National Guard of Montana was assaulted.

csa0063.jpg

Eventually, the 21st Texas Division was encircled

csa0064.jpg

After the destruction of the 21st Texas Division, there was no more resistance in the west, and by October 11th, Denver – the capital of the United States – was taken.

csa0066.jpg

Meanwhile, the Union did some last ditch offensives – after some hard fighting, the CSA had to retreat from Lexington back to Cincinnati.

csa0065.jpg

However, by October, the situation for the Union had become even more desperate.

csa0067.jpg

Back in Europe, war between the two Italy states ended with the Commune of France annexing the Italian Federation. Shortly after this, they occupied the French-speaking part of Switzerland.

@Deus Eversor:
The timeline allows for more than a quarter of a century of playtime....the revolution of the 30s was the 2nd attempt to get a Soviet Union. Maybe there will be a third attempt before 1964. :rolleyes:

Chapter X: The last months of 1937 (October 12th – December 31st, 1937)

The CSA continued it’s advance against both the United States and the Union.

No one seriously questioned if the CSA would dominate the continent – the question was if the United States would give up or if it would continue the fight using the US Navy.

csa0070.jpg

Furthermore, after the arrival of 10 more Militia Divisions, the training of further Militia Divisions was stopped – the CSA changed production priorities towards long term goals.

csa0068.jpg

csa0069.jpg

Chapter XI: Peace on the Continent and a new war in Europe (January – June 1938)

In early January 1938, CSA forces closed in against the Union and against a US force encircled in Vicksburg.

csa0071.jpg

Less than 2 ½ months later, the Union was destroyed. The last resistance on the continent was around New Mexico/Nevada/Arizona.

csa0072.jpg

A few days later, a much more lethal enemy appeared – Germany started another war in Europe.

csa0074.jpg

Hours later, the Union of Britain joined the fight.

Cuba joined the Entente.

Eventually, Canada DOWed the Union of Britain…another world war had started, this time with the Internationale fighting both the Entente and Mitteleuropa.

An CSA offer to join the international was rejected.

csa0076.jpg

It became obvious that while the international regarded the CSA with sympathy, they also regarded the large militia Army as 2nd rate and as worthless in a “real” conflict in Europe – that would be a war for professional armies, not for militiamen.

By late June, the United States had no more control on the continent.

csa0078.jpg

The US government had fled to Guantanamo Bay.

csa0079.jpg

Meanwhile, the CSA started investing into research….

csa0073.jpg

Furthermore, as it was likely that the CSA would be at peace for a few years, the industrial base was expanded further.

csa0075.jpg

In addition to this, it was essential that the CSA would have a navy being able to defend against the US Navy and the Entente.

csa0077.jpg

does the CSA have cores on the PSA?

Well this interesting. Who knew ANYONE would want to be at Guantanamo?

This is an AAR, not a political statement. I do NOT want to have a communist/syndicalist regime in the United States.

Lol,

As anybody who makes Germany AARs doesn't want to have a Nazi regime in his/her country. Plain common sense.

So, Leopold and Loeb unleashed hell in the USA? Funny, very funny. Nietzsche, see what you've done :D

Er... WTH?

Germany DOWing France in 1938? That's a change, for starters.

@Van5:
That is the right spirit! ;)

@Duke of Awesome:
No, the CSA has no cores on the PSA (or the American Union or the United States). Therefore, it is necessary to build tons of Garrisons.

@SovietAmerica:
I would have expected the US goverment to flee to Hawaii.

@Kurt_Steiner:

I agree, it is common sense. However, I wanted to prevent any misunderstandings. And sometimes, I have the impression that common sense is no longer common.....

Leopold and Loeb - I still have a hard time believing that anyone would murder a child in order to prove that he is a superior being.

Regarding Germany DOWing France in 1938...IIRC, there is an event for that. A syndicalist killing a German diplomat and GErmany can decide if they want just to rattle with the saber or if they want to go to war....most times, the AI seems to decide to NOT go to war. In that case, the Commune of France gets an event in 1940(?) where they can demand territories from Germany, and if Germany refuses, it is war - The creators of Kaiserreich did a great job!

You will get cores once the civil war ends. Thus, you need to capture Panama, since it has a VP. Were I a designer, I'd make it so that WP gets annexed by a nearby sate.

After ACWII, you can, if you want, reintegrate the PSA, and claim, attack New England and Alaska. No idea about Hawaii.

I agree, it is common sense. However, I wanted to prevent any misunderstandings. And sometimes, I have the impression that common sense is no longer common.....

Leopold and Loeb - I still have a hard time believing that anyone would murder a child in order to prove that he is a superior being.

Regarding Germany DOWing France in 1938...IIRC, there is an event for that. A syndicalist killing a German diplomat and GErmany can decide if they want just to rattle with the saber or if they want to go to war....most times, the AI seems to decide to NOT go to war. In that case, the Commune of France gets an event in 1940(?) where they can demand territories from Germany, and if Germany refuses, it is war - The creators of Kaiserreich did a great job!

Too true. Common sense looks quite rare lately.

Leopold and Loeb - They weren't they only one who thought that. Just look at Adolf and Himmler.

True, now I remember. I think it's the murder of the German embassador in Paris which starts the "fun". Amazing, in any case.

You will get cores once the civil war ends. Thus, you need to capture Panama, since it has a VP. Were I a designer, I'd make it so that WP gets annexed by a nearby sate.

After ACWII, you can, if you want, reintegrate the PSA, and claim, attack New England and Alaska. No idea about Hawaii.

There are some events for this (and a fix somewhere in the Kaiserreich thread -> Darkest Hour -> User Modifications -> Kaiserreich thread), Canada takes Balboa (Panama Canal) and Cuba retakes Guantanamo Bay Naval Base etc. Or you could just manually fire this and annex the USA :D (event 908612 for CAN)

Tim

p.s. Nice AAR...I am curious which direction you will head first after the ACW (please also retake Hawaii...) :)

Chapter XII: The 2nd half of 1938

In summer 1938, the Syndicalists won the Spanish civil war. Carlist Spain was annexed, and the Kingdom of Spain was limited to the north African continent.

On the German front, the Commune of France managed to beat back the Germans and to advance into Belgium.

csa0081.jpg

The CSA continued to guard the border with Canada and suffered from lots of unrest.

csa0080.jpg

Chapter XIII: The sleeping giant (1939/40)

During 1939 and 1940, the peace in the western hemisphere continued.

Regarding the Naval buildup program, the aircraft carriers were modified while still under construction.

csa0083.jpg

Furthermore, 4 additional carriers were launched

csa0084.jpg

By the end of 1940, the first four CSN carriers started their sea trials – equipped with improved hulls, radar and additional AA guns. In the picture below is CSN People’s Hammer.

csa0086.jpg

(The first carrier aircraft were expected to be operational around May 1941)

To prepare for the land combat that would occur when fighting the USA in the Caribbean, new regular land units were raised.

csa0088.jpg

Meanwhile in Europe, France had captured Belgium – but after this, the 2nd great war developed into a trench warfare stalemate.

csa0082.jpg

csa0085.jpg

Nonetheless, the CSA made progress. The unrest in the liberated American territories was slowly, but steadily suppressed.

csa0087.jpg

In addition to this, by the end of 1940 the CSA had outperformed the industrial capacity of all other major powers.

Canada IC: 106/78
Japan IC: 119/99
Russia IC: 125/83
Union of Britain IC: 174/116
German Empire IC: 214/171
Commune of France IC: 238/140
Combined Syndicates of America IC: 255/136 (and a research speed of 143%)

@Herbert West:
Hawaii is controlled by the United States. As Pearl Harbor has a VP, it has to be captured.
Alaska is part of the PSA - they will have to be captured anyway as I will need a port in the Pacific Ocean in order to reach Hawaii.

@Kurt_Steiner:
Yes - it is amazing how much work the Kaiserreich team has done. All the events, so much replay value.....

@Timmie0307:
After the ACW....I guess that I will join the Internationale. Thus, I will be at war with Canada and Cuba. Canada is a natural part of the CSA, so I will try to annex them. Cuba....a puppeted Cuba can have Guantanamo.

Well, the war in Europe is sure interesting. And hey, at least you're the most industrialized nation in the whole world.