Help with Germany (AI Germany that is)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lord Finnish

A man of science and culture.
74 Badges
Sep 4, 2006
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
I started a game as Finland. Simple enough.
Really nice game from my part but the AI troubles me a lot.

First, Japan got curb stomped by China. (They still attacked the Allies later on though)
In Winter War, Soviets just stood there idly for months and months and nothing happend 'cept air attacks. I had to manually trigger the events to end the war.
Yugoslavia conquered all the Axis minors in South Europe (before being beaten by Germany and Italy)
Germany never launched Barbarossa.
In mid-1942 Soviets declared war on Germany.
German AI does nothing to stop the Soviet steamroll. Soviets have taken Hungary (and set puppet nation) and despite me blitzing East Karelia Germany does nothing. It seems like they have only like 40 divisions on the Eastern front.

Is there some AI event command I can use to make Germany aggressive towards east? They have been mysteriously quiet all the time, and for example Norway was reborn through rebellion in some Norwegian provinces which Germany never took back.

The same thing happend in my Japan game - Germany never attacked the Soviet Union.

I always play GER so dunno how their AI fare lol

But I usually help JAP by nerfing CHI heavily and give them this: free = { ic = 100 manpower = 1 energy = 350 metal = 200 rare_materials = 150 oil = 100 money = 10 }

I guess you can do the same to GER if you want them to be stronger

If you want GER to declare war to sum 1, just load a save game as GER, declare war, save. Hopefully the AI does not mess up your stuff in the country you were playing

Good suggestion with the nerfing. It might even keep Germany alive, although the primary problem still is that they are inactive, they do nothing.

It sounds more like Germany never achieved the proper ratio of troops to launch any offensive maneuvers.

its not that. the german AI is messed up when it comes to russia. they get into massive attritional battles, they defend every province to the last man and if they attack they will most likely lose. add to that the fact that russia has millions of MP available and the fact that germany has NEVER EVER EVER used the extended mobilization event im not suprised.

its not that. the german AI is messed up when it comes to russia. they get into massive attritional battles, they defend every province to the last man and if they attack they will most likely lose. add to that the fact that russia has millions of MP available and the fact that germany has NEVER EVER EVER used the extended mobilization event im not suprised.

Is manpower the problem for Germany, because if it´s not extended mobilisation would cause more bad then good with it´s dissent and IC penalty. Also defend every province to the last man sound just like what Hitler ordered so it´s not totally ahistorical ;) On a more serious note I´m not sure if the AI can 'manually' fall back if it´s needed and if this is the case Germany´s huge organisation will actually lead to extended battles with losses they can´t afford. Also the reason why they mostly loose when they attack is the RKKA reserves behind the front which thanks to the generally longer battles can be fed into the meat grinder and thus overwhealm the Germans. Now I´m actually positive to this since it´s a lot better then the regular HoI2 'instant German Victory in any battle vs the RKKA' scenario.

Well, i believe it was historic that Stalin was planning an attack that was set for mid 1942
I think it makes the game interesting when Hitler isnt completely historical (unless ww2 never starts of course)
in any case, i suggest you take and advantage of this and attack not only Soviets but also attack Germany