• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Pasha

Field Marshal
2 Badges
May 26, 2005
  • Darkest Hour
  • 500k Club
I just bought the game, patched it up to the latest non-beta patch and have only played twice, once as Argentina and the other as Finland. One thing I noticed in both games is that the MR pact is signed in July and the Polish invasion starts in July. I know this is a very small sample size, but I've never seen the war start that soon in all my games of DD/Arma.

In Arma the event that starts the war was written to be triggered exactly at Sep 1 1939, in DH it can be triggered anytime from Jan 1936 to 1966. You can change it if you want

January 1936? You can only do "Danzig or War" from January 1st 1939. I usually begin as soon as the winter is over - that usually happens around April.

January 1936? You can only do "Danzig or War" from January 1st 1939. I usually begin as soon as the winter is over - that usually happens around April.

I just looked a bit into Germany's event file, and trigger date for "Danzig or War" is from Jan 1936 to 1966, which means it can happen anytime since 1936 as long as the conditions are fulfilled... unless DH's system is different

I actually enjoy the unpredictability of when the war will start if I'm playing as a country that is going to get sucked into it from the get go. It requires you to be on guard and adds an edge to the game at a certain point whereas before you could just sit back knowing exactly when the war would start.

Ah ok, thanks! I should have checked the event folder since it was too much of a coincidence. Not sure if I like it or not yet...guess I'll see. Thanks for all the replies.