• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nefaro

Colonel
90 Badges
Oct 24, 2002
Visit site
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • March of the Eagles
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • War of the Roses
  • War of the Vikings
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pride of Nations
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings III
  • East India Company Collection
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Deus Vult
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
More Ammo Mod

I was always frustrated by not having near enough ammo, while playing in sim mode, so I created this mod to allow for longer battles and more long range gunnery.

Solid shot is three times the vanilla amount, the other ammo types double. Also, ship 'turn' speeds have been increased to the Normal difficulty level so your ships should be a bit faster in Simulation mode. Although I originally created it for Sim mode, the ammo amounts will effect all modes.

Created for EIC, Privateer, and Trafalgar. I didn't touch Pirate Bay due to it's scoring.

Installation
Unzip the file, open the "More Ammo Mod" folder, copy & paste the folders within inside your main EIC installation location (ex. Program Files>Paradox Interactive>East India Company). Copy & replace all files. I suggest backing these up but you will have to find them in the vanilla install.

As a wise alternative, use the Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler since this mod is compatible with it. No need to back up the files as it will do all the work for you when enabling/disabling a mod.
http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/products-jsgme.html
Note that EIC already has a "Mods" folder so you will need to name the JSGME folder something else such as "ModsEIC" or whatever you prefer.
JSGME Install
Unzip the "More Ammo Mod" folder into the JSGME mod folder created within your EIC install location (the "ModsEIC" example above). Run JSGME as Administrator and enable the More Ammo Mod. Easy!

Download here..
View attachment More Ammo mod.zip

I've debated leaving chain and grape shot at the default level but increased it just in case. I'm also unsure of what, exactly, the value "fire_max" does but I also doubled it in line with the extra ammo types. I believe it has something to do with how much the AI fires in one go?

Any feedback is appreciated. :D