Thread: Release Nations in Peace Treaty

Release Nations in Peace Treaty

The Turks apparently struck a deal with the Russians to release Finland, but the only region that shows as Finnish is Helsinki (on the map the Swedish name Helsingfors is used and spelled incorrectly as Helsingors). The rest is still Russian, except for Swedish-occupied Imandra (as part of the Russian war with Sweden.

Loyalty is still heavily pro-Russian in Finland, even in the capital with 73% Russian loyalty. In the revolt risk filter, most of the country shows the Finnish grey even though only 15% Finnish loyalty. Revolt risk is mostly under 1%.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourHearts of Iron IIIPride of NationsEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Garnet View Post
    ...but the only region that shows as Finnish is Helsinki (on the map the Swedish name Helsingfors is used and spelled incorrectly as Helsingors). The rest is still Russian, except for Swedish-occupied Imandra...
    The names of Finnish regions leave a lot to be desired. For example, Imandra is a lake on Kola Peninsula, not a place in northern Finland...

I wonder if region names are moddable?

They are, they are all named in the VGN_strings.csv file in Settings. But we work with excel then export in csv, on oursides, so if you want to propose a list, it is better.

As for liberation, by default only the capital is freed. Then some scripts can kick in to expand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocus View Post
    As for liberation, by default only the capital is freed. Then some scripts can kick in to expand that.
    I think that is going to be quite unexpected and look strange on the map, and concerned that the released countries are not particularly viable. Multi-pronged scripting would be nice, but woudn't it be fairly simple to define the "cores" (either fixed permanently in the code, or dynamically based on geographic area and ethnicity) and just have that apply unless later scripting changed it with an immediate follow-on event? With potentially disputed border areas a random roll or fixed rule would be fine - irredentism adds excitement.

Questions: Does the former overlord have a claim on the former possession or does liberation renounce those rights? Is there a one year or longer peace treaty between the former overlord and the released country to prevent an quick reoccupation?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourHearts of Iron IIIPride of NationsEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Pocus View Post
    They are, they are all named in the VGN_strings.csv file in Settings. But we work with excel then export in csv, on oursides, so if you want to propose a list, it is better.
    Can I propose a list here? Or should I start a separate thread somewhere? Thanks.

200k clubCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    King Arthur IIMagickaMajesty 2Semper FiVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires. Argentina
    Quote Originally Posted by JyriK View Post
    Can I propose a list here? Or should I start a separate thread somewhere? Thanks.
    Well, I can send you the list of finish region names if you want... send me an email to:
    fernando.turi@ageod.net
    AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!
    FACEBOOK: AGEOD - Pride of Nations
    Pride of Nations already available!! - AGEOD forum - Paradox forum
    -------
    Football Manager: La AAR chaquetera oficial FM 2007, FM 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Generalisimo View Post
    Well, I can send you the list of finish region names if you want... send me an email to:
    fernando.turi@ageod.net
    Will do. Cheers!

Btw, I would suggest adding the Finnish Guard sharpshooter battalion to Helsinki (Helsingfors). It was the only Finnish unit that was used internationally, against the Poles and the Turks. In 1829 it was promoted to Young Guard status, and after the Russo-Turkish War (1877-78), where it distinguished itself, to Old Guard status.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Gorni_Dubnik

Some officers and NCOs of the Finnish Guard coming back from the Turkish war:

I post the recommendable region name changes here too. They are from north to south. As in the game, I have used Swedish names (when applicable), and important population centres instead of province/county names.

Rybachi → Petsenga

Kandalaks → Enare

Kittala → Kittila

Imandra → Rovaniemi

Samya → Nyslott

Helsingors → Helsingfors

Kandlaks and Imandra are the most obvious cases, since those locations are situated outside Finnish borders - both are in Kola Peninsula.

Private
    Darkest HourEU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne

OP

The Turks apparently struck a deal with the Russians to release Finland, but the only region that shows as Finnish is Helsinki (on the map the Swedish name Helsingfors is used and spelled incorrectly as Helsingors). The rest is still Russian, except for Swedish-occupied Imandra (as part of the Russian war with Sweden.
    Pocus reply

As for liberation, by default only the capital is freed. Then some scripts can kick in to expand that
    Same thing happens in my game (now 1.01i, but started with 1.01g). AI Turkey has been forced by AI Austria to release Bosnia and Bulgaria, but has only released the capital city provinces.

Are the "scripts" which Pocus mentioned actually implemented at the moment?

200k clubCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    King Arthur IIMagickaMajesty 2Semper FiVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires. Argentina
    Quote Originally Posted by John001 View Post
    That has been improved lately... you will see it on the next version 1.01j
    AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!
    FACEBOOK: AGEOD - Pride of Nations
    Pride of Nations already available!! - AGEOD forum - Paradox forum
    -------
    Football Manager: La AAR chaquetera oficial FM 2007, FM 2008

Indeed, actually it has been done generically with code, much better