+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 130 FirstFirst ... 25 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 75 100 125 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2599

Thread: Quick modding questions

How do I check if a country owns and has cores in N provinces in a region? I need this for a decision.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by George LeS View Post
    How do you use it to create the Galley sub-type, as opposed to a Galleass or Chebeck? For all other types, I can see no problem, and it's worked for me. But how to tell here?
    Very good question. We'd need to test it to see what the result of galley is. I expect there's no way to choose though; either it will always create the latest type or it will always create the galley subtype. Probably should be submitted as a bug; the easiest fix would probably be to change the internal name for the galley subtype. That would only affect three files I believe (localisation, unit, naval tech). Hopefully it can be fixed without any .exe change.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Ruler of the Queen's Navee George LeS's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by jdrou View Post
    Very good question. We'd need to test it to see what the result of galley is. I expect there's no way to choose though; either it will always create the latest type or it will always create the galley subtype. Probably should be submitted as a bug; the easiest fix would probably be to change the internal name for the galley subtype. That would only affect three files I believe (localisation, unit, naval tech). Hopefully it can be fixed without any .exe change.
    Yes. I should soon know exactly what it does, as I'm just ready to run my last validation (I hope) before putting my new events live. That will tell us which it uses, assuming my events work. And of course, your fix is correct. I'll probably use that in my mod; in fact, I think I will. I just didn't think of it (duh).
    'Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.' -- the Water Rat

GRIN Mod--Historical leaders mods: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...46994-GRIN-Mod

Rex Maris--SRI-based naval and exploration mod. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...4#post11451354

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Is there a way to edit how long it takes to fully replenish manpower? As short as replenishing it in 2 years was, 10 is just grindingly long. I'd like to know if there's a way to alter the game to make your manpower regenerate in, say, 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Snubben View Post
    How do I check if a country owns and has cores in N provinces in a region? I need this for a decision.
    Nothing quick and easy I am afraid. In Death and Taxes there is a system to check if a country owns N provinces in a region, you might want to check that.
    "The path to knighthood is paved with strength and nobility not LSD and sideburns." - Black Knight

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Province not found, origo is wrong, unit position outside province, too large province. :P
    I'm guessing only too large province creates a fatal error?
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by ANO1453 View Post
    Province not found, origo is wrong, unit position outside province, too large province. :P
    I'm guessing only too large province creates a fatal error?
    No - unit outside of province also will causes crashes in game.

They all should be fixed. Note origo with a n:0 can be ignored if n: has a 0 meaning 0 errors.

Province not found means you left a province in your definitions.csv off your map or you painted the wrong color on the map. You should fix.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by 17blue17 View Post
    No - unit outside of province also will causes crashes in game.
    How do I fix that?

They all should be fixed. Note origo with a n:0 can be ignored if n: has a 0 meaning 0 errors.

Province not found means you left a province in your definitions.csv off your map or you painted the wrong color on the map. You should fix.
    I guess trying to go the easy way doesn't work :P
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition

How do I fix that?

I guess trying to go the easy way doesn't work :P
    First - did you run debug mode twice before checking the error.log? If you only ran once then it can have false errors in the log. So run the mod in debug then close then run again in debug then close then check the log.

As far as unit positions - use the positions editor from here:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...=1#post7887738

the link above is for the HTT version which you should use for either HTT or DW as the newer version has bugs. To get DW to work with the older version you have to save the province.bmp file flipped so north is at the bottom then run the editor and then when all done flip and save the province.bmp back.

First - did you run debug mode twice before checking the error.log?
    Yes.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...=1#post7887738

the link above is for the HTT version which you should use for either HTT or DW as the newer version has bugs. To get DW to work with the older version you have to save the province.bmp file flipped so north is at the bottom then run the editor and then when all done flip and save the province.bmp back.
    They seem to have a new version: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...sitions-Editor

Thank you, I'll try to clear out unused provinces first and then fix the unit outside province.
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------

Ruler of the Queen's Navee George LeS's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by George LeS View Post
    Yes. I should soon know exactly what it does, as I'm just ready to run my last validation (I hope) before putting my new events live. That will tell us which it uses, assuming my events work. And of course, your fix is correct. I'll probably use that in my mod; in fact, I think I will. I just didn't think of it (duh).
    Well, my immediate tests didn't work, but my experience is that "galley = THIS" means the current subtype, chebeck, galley, whatever.
    'Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.' -- the Water Rat

GRIN Mod--Historical leaders mods: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...46994-GRIN-Mod

Rex Maris--SRI-based naval and exploration mod. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...4#post11451354

Yes.

They seem to have a new version: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...sitions-Editor

Thank you, I'll try to clear out unused provinces first and then fix the unit outside province.

NO - I already mentioned in my last post that the new version has bugs. Do not use it. Use the old version I pointed you to.

Also for ports when using the old version with DW - when in the port rotation window the ships will show in game under the letters OR in the word port so rotate so the bottom of the letters OR face the sea.

NO - I already mentioned in my last post that the new version has bugs. Do not use it. Use the old version I pointed you to.

Also for ports when using the old version with DW - when in the port rotation window the ships will show in game under the letters OR in the word port so rotate so the bottom of the letters OR face the sea.
    For units et al., do I just click in the province where I want the units to be centered?
    And for ports, do I need to put them in the sea, or inland but facing the sea?
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------

For units et al., do I just click in the province where I want the units to be centered?
    And for ports, do I need to put them in the sea, or inland but facing the sea?
    For each province you changed you should double check the positions of all items including city, unit, text etc. And yes you can click each item any where you want in the province.

The ports should be on the edge of the land next to the sea. They can also be in the sea next to the land - either will work as long as close to the edge of the land and sea. And as I said in my last post you also need to use the port rotation button and rotate the word port so that the BOTTOM of the letters OR in the word PORT are facing the sea.

Do not put any ports on closed seas or lakes ( such as the Caspian Sea) that don't to connect to the main oceans as it can goof up game distance calculations.

I need some help please
    A couple questions relating to DW:

1) some country names in DW are garbled (letters on top of each other) on the map while the rest are ok. The names are all English letters. Any suggestions on how to fix? I cleared the cache with no change.

2) anyone know how to make the zoomed in water color lighter in DW? Colormap water does the zoomed out color but not the zoomed in. For HTT I had to change some fx files but for DW the formats have all changed.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Garbled how? There are some remaining problems with how the game draws country names on the map. In the next version my mod it makes a mess of the name of the Teutonic order ever since I redrew Samogitia (it seems to be related to province borders though in a non obvious way as the Teutons do own Samogitia in this example).
    Not sure about the problem, I must be missing something because when I've dabbled with this the water colourmap has seemed to work even when zoomed in? I hate that file though and hasn't gotten the best results from it as I never figured out how you can be sure what's what when it's a different resolution compared to the main map files. :-/

So yeah my reply here was probably not much help.

Now for my own problem:

What about this mission is making it trigger for random german minors all the time?

Code:
    hindusthani_ambitions = {
     	#Sher Shah Sur

type = country

allow = {
    		tag = BNG
    		is_subject = no
    		is_lesser_in_union = no
    		NOT = { bengal_region = { NOT = { owned_by = this } } }
    		NOT = {
    			any_owned_province = {	
    				region = hindusthan_region
    			}
    		}
    		NOT = { has_country_modifier = successfull_war_modifier }
    		NOT = { this = { last_mission = hindusthani_ambitions } }
    	}
    	abort = {
    		or = {
    			is_subject = yes
    			is_lesser_in_union = yes
    		}
    	}
    	success = {
    		any_owned_province = {
    			region = hindusthan_region
    		}
    	}
    	chance = {
    		factor = 100
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 2
    			mil = 7
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 2
    			mil = 8
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 10
    			522 = { owned_by = MUG }
    		}
    	}
    	immediate = {
    		hindusthan_region = { 
    			limit = { NOT = { owned_by = this } }
    			add_temp_claim = this
    		}
    	}
    	abort_effect = {
    		hindusthan_region = {
    			remove_temp_claim = this
    		}
    	}
    	effect = {
    		hindusthan_region = {	#Similar to the Italian ambition mission (hence the name), gives cores on any provinces in Hindusthan you manage to conquer.
    			limit = { 
    				owned_by = this
    				NOT = { is_core = THIS }
    			}
    			add_core = this
    			add_province_modifier = {
    				name = integrating_new_core
    				duration = 3650
    			}
    		}
    		add_country_modifier = {
    				name = "successfull_war_modifier"
    				duration = 720
    		}
    	}
    }

I just can't see it (yeah I know the "sucessfull_war_modifier" modifier name is misspelled but that's the correct name for it in the game files right now).

Well, starting with the obvious... Is BNG a valid tag and is bengal_region a valid region name? Maybe you renamed them...
    Also, wouldn't the two "NOT" in the bengal_region condition cancel each other? And maybe the "this" in the last_mission condition is redundant. But I don't think these things should really affect the mission too much.
    "The path to knighthood is paved with strength and nobility not LSD and sideburns." - Black Knight

SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband

BNG is a valid tag, and is used for many other missions as well (it's also a formable tag or I wouldn't be using it like that). Same for bengal_region.
    The around the last mission part is redundant but is also present in all my missions like that without them acting weird...

NOT = { bengal_region = { NOT = { owned_by = this } } } should be telling the game not to trigger the mission unless THIS tag already owns all of bengal region (just bengal_region = { owned_by = THIS } will be true as long as THIS owns any province in the region).
    Last edited by Trin Tragula; 14-06-2012 at 15:00.

I see what you're saying, that makes sense.

The problem looks very weird to me. All the conditions in the allow bracket must be true so the first one (tag = BNG) must be fulfilled as well, which is impossible for a german minor... Unless for some reason the entire allow block is skipped and considered true. Maybe leave the tag condition and try to remove one by one the last four conditions to see if one of them is making the block not working?

Also, shouldn't you remove the temporary claims after the mission succeeds or will it happen automatically?

I should, good catch

Still doesn't solve the main mystery though. To make matters even more confused I tried putting all of these conditions in a country decision and they all listed just fine there (the fullfilled/unfullfilled part worked exactly as designed).

Could something farther up in that mission file be causing this?
    Mission coding is still something of a mystery to me...

EDIT: Even more perplexing is that not only is this mission triggering for the German minors, they're completing it!
    I'm definitely starting to think something further up in this mission file may be causing this mission to not be read properly...
    Last edited by Trin Tragula; 14-06-2012 at 16:13.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 130 FirstFirst ... 25 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 75 100 125 ... LastLast