+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 130 FirstFirst ... 23 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 73 98 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick modding questions

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagickaMarch of the Eagles500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

How do I turn a province into PTI? Those provinces that are already PTI simply have nothing in their province files, but when I delete the information in the desired province file it only turns into a colonisable province with no culture, religion, natives etc.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by neondt View Post
    How do I turn a province into PTI? Those provinces that are already PTI simply have nothing in their province files, but when I delete the information in the desired province file it only turns into a colonisable province with no culture, religion, natives etc.
    This is controlled by the map\climate.txt file - provinces in the impassible climate section are set as wastelands in game.

Make sure you only have the province in the file once. Don't have it in both impassible and another climate type. You then also need to edit the actual province history file to add or remove the standard stuff. You also should edit map\regions.txt to remove wastelands from any regions, and the same for common\natives.txt. You can leave in continents.txt

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagickaMarch of the Eagles500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by 17blue17 View Post
    This is controlled by the map\climate.txt file - provinces in the impassible climate section are set as wastelands in game.

Make sure you only have the province in the file once. Don't have it in both impassible and another climate type. You then also need to edit the actual province history file to add or remove the standard stuff. You also should edit map\regions.txt to remove wastelands from any regions, and the same for common\natives.txt. You can leave in continents.txt
    Tyvm, very helpful

How do I even create a mod? I create a map folder (filled with (hopefully) correct txt files) inside the mod folder but the mod doesn't show up in my Eu3 launcher. (ps, I'm talking about dw)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by emil209 View Post
    How do I even create a mod? I create a map folder (filled with (hopefully) correct txt files) inside the mod folder but the mod doesn't show up in my Eu3 launcher. (ps, I'm talking about dw)
    Do you have a mod file? Like XXXX.mod?
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

Quote Originally Posted by ANO1453 View Post
    Do you have a mod file? Like XXXX.mod?
    No, how do I get one?

Ruler of the Queen's Navee George LeS's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by emil209 View Post
    No, how do I get one?
    Just make one with a text editor. Here's mine for RM:

Code:
    name = "Rex Maris DW"
    extend = "common"
    extend = "decisions"
    extend = "events"
    extend = "history"
    extend = "localisation"
    #extend = "map"
    replace = "map"
    extend = "missions"
    extend = "interface"
    extend = "gfx"
    #replace = "sound"
    And here is another:

Code:
    name = "SRI - Sacra Romanum Imperium for EUIII DW 5.1 (9/30/2011)"
    extend = "common"
    extend = "decisions"
    extend = "events"
    extend = "history"
    extend = "localisation"
    #extend = "map"
    replace = "map"
    extend = "missions"
    extend = "interface"
    extend = "gfx"
    #replace = "sound"
    "extend" means that the files you put in your mod's subfolders will be used in place of the same files in vanilla; "replace" means that the vanilla folder of the same name will be ignored, and ONLY the ones in your folder will be used. Just name it XXX.MOD.
    'Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.' -- the Water Rat

GRIN Mod--Historical leaders mods: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...46994-GRIN-Mod

Rex Maris--SRI-based naval and exploration mod. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...4#post11451354

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

I cannot remember, if I ever knew, what these lines, in defines, mean:

Code:
    	1.7	#_EDEF_OPEN_SEA_MODIFIER_
    	0.7	#_EDEF_COASTAL_MODIFIER_
    Anyone know?

One other question, is the a list anywhere, telling which mods have different maps from vanilla, and which ones share a common map?
    'Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.' -- the Water Rat

GRIN Mod--Historical leaders mods: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...46994-GRIN-Mod

Rex Maris--SRI-based naval and exploration mod. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...4#post11451354

Quote Originally Posted by George LeS View Post
    Just make one with a text editor. Here's mine for RM:

Code:
    name = "Rex Maris DW"
    extend = "common"
    extend = "decisions"
    extend = "events"
    extend = "history"
    extend = "localisation"
    #extend = "map"
    replace = "map"
    extend = "missions"
    extend = "interface"
    extend = "gfx"
    #replace = "sound"
    And here is another:

Code:
    name = "SRI - Sacra Romanum Imperium for EUIII DW 5.1 (9/30/2011)"
    extend = "common"
    extend = "decisions"
    extend = "events"
    extend = "history"
    extend = "localisation"
    #extend = "map"
    replace = "map"
    extend = "missions"
    extend = "interface"
    extend = "gfx"
    #replace = "sound"
    "extend" means that the files you put in your mod's subfolders will be used in place of the same files in vanilla; "replace" means that the vanilla folder of the same name will be ignored, and ONLY the ones in your folder will be used. Just name it XXX.MOD.
    Thank you so much! Here, have my internets!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

One other question, is the a list anywhere, telling which mods have different maps from vanilla, and which ones share a common map?
    The Master Mod list has my mod OOT listed with a "MAP" next to it, probably indicating the changed map

DAO, MPM, MEIOU and Oriental Mod all have the "MAP" listing, too.
    EUIII: DW Mods
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

"A language is a dialect with an army and navy" - Max Weinreich - Meyer Lazarevich Veynreykh - "אַ שפּראַך איז אַ דיאַלעקט מיט אַן אַרמיי און פֿלאָט"

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition

Quote Originally Posted by MrTaxman View Post
    The Master Mod list has my mod OOT listed with a "MAP" next to it, probably indicating the changed map

DAO, MPM, MEIOU and Oriental Mod all have the "MAP" listing, too.
    Terra Nova has a lot of changes to the map. Also WWM.

Does any of them make Hormuz an island?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

I didn't. That's all I can say for sure.
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

"A language is a dialect with an army and navy" - Max Weinreich - Meyer Lazarevich Veynreykh - "אַ שפּראַך איז אַ דיאַלעקט מיט אַן אַרמיי און פֿלאָט"

Terra Nova has it as an Island.

Mind if I ask why you're looking for Hormuz as an island?
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

Quote Originally Posted by MrTaxman View Post
    Mind if I ask why you're looking for Hormuz as an island?
    Because it was. No way Albuquerque could've taken it so easily had it been mainland.

On my 1st question, doesn't anyone know what those lines mean?

Grand Puppeteer William Shakens's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

I've been constructing a custom 1399 scenario, modding the countries and provinces history files (credits to Clausewitz' Scenario Editor) and alliances too. This is actually the first "modding" whatsoever I've tried, and it has worked just fine for the most part.

Yet, there's a couple of things I'd like to change too, that seem to need some further modding, beyond the history files.

First and foremost, I'd need to determine who was HREmperor at the moment, and who the voters were.

Second, an old wish of mine, although it looks more of a challenge to me: to have ports added to the Caspian sea coastal provinces, and an actual use of the sea for navigation if possible.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by William Shakens; 06-06-2012 at 19:36.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Because it was. No way Albuquerque could've taken it so easily had it been mainland.
    Yes it was. And there were more islands in the region that Portugal attempted to take, but those British... (they allied with Persia to remove Portugal from Ormuz).
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Oriental mod has it as an island and even a tag

It hasn't got Diu as an island though.
    My mods:
    Oriental Mod for EU3 - For an EU3 experience with a more realistic Asia (and many other things as well).

Minimal India Improvement Mod for EU3 - A mod that just focuses on improving the Indian map in EU3 without increasing the number of provinces.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Anyone know whats wrong with this decision? It caused a cdt every time I enact it? I've tried looking for ages and although its probably a minor mistake I'm not able to find it.

Code:
    country_decisions = {
    	unite_turks = {
    		potential = {
    			NOT = { exists = TUR }
    			OR = {
    				primary_culture = turkish
    			}
    		}
    		allow = 
    		{			
    			owns = 316	# Bithynia
    			owns = 317	# Bursa
    			owns = 318	# Smyrna
    			owns = 323	# Konya 
    			owns = 325	# Kastamon
    			owns = 326	# Ankara
    			owns = 328	# Sinop
    			owns = 1884	# Balikesir
    			owns = 1885	# Manisa
    			war = no
    		}
    	  effect = {
    			TUR = {
    				add_core = 316	# Bithynia		#Kocaeli
    				add_core = 317	# Bursa			#Hüdavendigar
    				add_core = 318	# Smyrna		#Aydin
    				add_core = 319	# Antalya		#Teke
    				add_core = 322	# Anatolia		#Kütahya
    				add_core = 323	# Konya
    				add_core = 324	# Karaman
    				add_core = 325	# Kastamon		#Kastamonu
    				add_core = 326	# Angora		#Ankara
    				add_core = 327	# Adana
    				add_core = 328	# Sinope		#Sinop
    				add_core = 329	# Sivas			#DAO
    				add_core = 330	# Trebizon		#Trabzon
    				add_core = 332	# Mus			#Dulkadir
    				add_core = 1846	# Yazgod		#Tokat
    				add_core = 1848	# Hamid			#Hamideli
    				add_core = 1853	# Kozani		#Kavala
    				add_core = 1883	# Bolu			#DAO
    				add_core = 1884	# Balikesir		#DAO
    				add_core = 1885	# Manisa		#DAO	
    				add_core = 1886	# Denizli		#DAO
    				add_core = 1887	# Mugla			#DAO
    				add_core = 1888	# Giresun		#DAO
    				add_core = 1889	# Kayseri		#DAO			
    			}
    			centralization_decentralization = -2
    			prestige = 0.05
    			change_tag = TUR
    			TUR = {
    				government = despotic_monarchy
    			}
    		}
    		ai_will_do = {
    			factor = 1
    		}
    	}

}
    "I am a dummy-file.
    I'm here to ensure that the mod directory is created.

I have done my task, yay me!"

Haftetavenscrap's Whole World Mod (best mod in teh world!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 130 FirstFirst ... 23 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 73 98 123 ... LastLast