+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 130 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 45 70 95 120 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick modding questions

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by jdrou View Post
    There is no "change_culture" effect. Use primary_culture for the country and culture for the province.
    See http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Full_List_of_Effects

Also, I suggest using the EU3 Validator.
    I don't think the validator is used for decisions but anyway thanks
    [22:23:51] <Groogy> Mathrim, give it to me gently

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisRise of Prussia
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    If I want a province to be discovered by all technology groups, can I do that as one simple sentence in the history/provinces/ .txt files? Like this, or similar:

discovered_by = ALL

Or do I have to specify each technology group individually?

discovered_by = ....
    discovered_by = ....
    discovered_by = ....
    discovered_by = ....

(Also: how do I in an event trigger a province to be discovered by ALL technology groups?)

Many thanks, guys, as always!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

Blog Entries

Spy mission to convert other country or other's province?

Which would be a good spy mission to look at in order to understand how spy missions are scripted? (Are they similar to events, script wise?)

I'd like a spy mission in which a country is converted to my religion. And if possible, one in which an individual province (could be random) of a specific country is converted to my religion.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by videonfan View Post
    I don't think the validator is used for decisions but anyway thanks
    There are a few files that it doesn't validate I believe but it certainly does at least events, decisions, and missions.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by AKronblad View Post
    Which would be a good spy mission to look at in order to understand how spy missions are scripted? (Are they similar to events, script wise?)

I'd like a spy mission in which a country is converted to my religion. And if possible, one in which an individual province (could be random) of a specific country is converted to my religion.
    They are similar to events as far as the triggers and effects you can use. Their root scope is the province so triggers and effects based on the country should be in owner scope; also THIS refers to the spy-sender. The main problem with anything involving religion changes is that there is no religion = THIS effect; you need to code a big tree using scopes with limits with a branch for every possible religion.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficus View Post
    Thanks. However, the trouble with using the Russian decision as a basis, as far as I can tell, is that it requires to own A or B and C or D, and so owning C and D but not A and B wouldn't match the criteria, unless I've misread it.
    You would just need to reverse the AND and OR.
    Code:
    OR = {
        AND = {
            list of 10 valid provinces
        }
        AND = {
            list of another 10 valid provinces
        }
        AND = {
        . . .
    }
    Given the number of possibilities using variables would almost certainly be simpler.

Playing EU4

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficus View Post
    I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that some mod or other (can't remember which one) has done basically what I want to do with the German decision, so I should probably try and get a look at that file too. Any idea which mod that is?
    Others might have done it too, but I know MEIOU handles more than couple formables with variables. I know they do it for Japan and the Netherlands, and probably do Germany and Italy the same way. It's a rather ingenious solution imo.

Quote Originally Posted by jdrou View Post
    Given the number of possibilities using variables would almost certainly be simpler.
    Exactly right, and a massive understatement.

There are n!/(k!*[n-k]!) combinations here, where n is the number of valid provinces and k is the number of them you need to own. So if there are 12 valid provinces and you need 10, you'd need to write 66 different AND statements to catch every possible combination. With 15 valids you'd need 3003 statements, with 20 you'd need 184756.

Edit: Thinking about it a bit more, you could probably cut down on the volume by checking in groups of 3 or by halving the pool every step, but it'd be pretty unwieldy and convoluted.
    The Chronicles of the Norse - A Jorvik AAR (CK2, active)

Pine, Bamboo, and Plum - A Song AAR (EU3 MEIOU, dead for foreseeable future)
    Winner: Weekly AAR Showcase 11/20/11 - Character Writer of the Week 12/4/11, 10/7/12 - AARland Choice AwAARd Q4 2011, Q3 2012

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2Europa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Thanks guys

Guess I'll go download MEIOU then so I can get a good look at these variable files and how they work...

Okay. I've made an event which forces a certain country to release another country under certain circumstances, and transforms one of the released provinces into a high-population, high-tax centre of trade. However, I don't want this event firing again if the new trading country has already been released and re-annexed - if that happened, an endless cycle of release and annexation could ensue, with the province getting ridiculous base tax gains over time.

Further complicating the issue is that a particular country in the area (not the country expected to annex the area, but its original owner at game start) has a decision I've made up to be available to them that would allow them to change their country tag to this new nation and also get the new COT, tax boost and pop boost. I don't want the previously-mentioned event to fire in the event of this country taking this decision but then getting annexed afterwards.

Is it possible to make an event check if a given province already has a particular core (indicating that the nation in question had already been released/formed in the past due to the event or decision already having happened, thus preventing the event from firing again in either case)?
    Malaya Mod v.0.03 - Out Now
    Click Here

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krankovich View Post
    Okay. I've made an event which forces a certain country to release another country under certain circumstances, and transforms one of the released provinces into a high-population, high-tax centre of trade. However, I don't want this event firing again if the new trading country has already been released and re-annexed - if that happened, an endless cycle of release and annexation could ensue, with the province getting ridiculous base tax gains over time.

Further complicating the issue is that a particular country in the area (not the country expected to annex the area, but its original owner at game start) has a decision I've made up to be available to them that would allow them to change their country tag to this new nation and also get the new COT, tax boost and pop boost. I don't want the previously-mentioned event to fire in the event of this country taking this decision but then getting annexed afterwards.

Is it possible to make an event check if a given province already has a particular core (indicating that the nation in question had already been released/formed in the past due to the event or decision already having happened, thus preventing the event from firing again in either case)?
    in trigger:

not = { has_province_flag = nameofflag }

in option and effect:

set_province_flag = nameofflag

Alright, thanks.
    Click Here

Okay, another question regarding that event I'm making. I want it to only trigger for a very specific province - Province #596, otherwise known as Malacca; however, upon testing, it seems it will trigger for any random owned province. How do I make it so that this even only affects the specific province I want it to?

Code:
    #The establishment of the trading city of Malacca Town
    province_event = {
    	id = 1000035

trigger = {
    		year = 1402
    		NOT = {
    			has_province_flag = malacca_founded
    		}
    		owner = {
    			OR {
    				tag = AYU
    				tag = MAJ
    			}

}
    		this = 596
    	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
    		months = 12
    	} 

title = "EVTNAME1000035"
    	desc = "EVTDESC1000035"

option = {
    		name = "EVTOPTA1000035"
    		owner = MLC
    		controller = MLC
    		add_core = MLC
    		cot = yes
    		base_tax = 4
    		citysize = 30000
    		add_building = fort3
    		set_province_flag = malacca_founded
    	}
    }
    Click Here

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III

You want "province_id = 596" rather than "this."

Edit: Oh, word of advice... check to make sure Malacca has the proper tech levels while you're testing this. I ran into this problem when creating a country by switching a province's ownership, where the country I created had 1399 tech levels regardless of what year it was. Not that this will necessarily occur (I could have been doing something else wrong), just something to keep an eye out for.

If you have the same problem I did, though, clear all of Malacca's cores, add the core on 596, release using "release = MLC", add back the cores you want them to have.
    Last edited by bananafishtoday; 19-01-2012 at 07:04.

Winner: Weekly AAR Showcase 11/20/11 - Character Writer of the Week 12/4/11, 10/7/12 - AARland Choice AwAARd Q4 2011, Q3 2012

Thanks. That was actually part of the next question I was going to ask.

I edited the event to release Malacca as independent, but the event doesn't add the Malaccan core to Malacca, and Malacca has no cores at game start. How do I rewrite the event to give Malacca a core on province #596?
    Click Here

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krankovich View Post
    Thanks. That was actually part of the next question I was going to ask.

I edited the event to release Malacca as independent, but the event doesn't add the Malaccan core to Malacca, and Malacca has no cores at game start. How do I rewrite the event to give Malacca a core on province #596?
    I have been having the same problem and I nowadays do that as a triggered_only event, triggered from and upon by your existing event. then you can either choose a specific province to add core to, or all provinces owned by this TAG.
    Last edited by AKronblad; 19-01-2012 at 13:14.

Moving the core-giving out of option = { } and into immediate = { } is prolly good enough, or you could have this event add the core and trigger the next event with the rest of the effects. If this is for a mod rather than an in-progress game, though, you could just put the MLC core in 596's history file.

Quote Originally Posted by bananafishtoday View Post
    Moving the core-giving out of option = { } and into immediate = { } is prolly good enough, or you could have this event add the core and trigger the next event with the rest of the effects. If this is for a mod rather than an in-progress game, though, you could just put the MLC core in 596's history file.
    This is for a full mod - my Malaya Mod. However, I'm worried that if Malacca has cores at game start, it could get released in a peace deal. And if it gets released in a peace deal, it'll never become the COT it was historically. Since it was formed from the remnants of the Sri Vijaya Empire, I wanted it to be specifically an Event- and Decision-only formation.
    Click Here

Ahhh, ok. Personally, this is how I'd write that (although I admit it's hacky; I just could never get "event fires event" to work right): Make your event add the core, cot, tax, etc, but not create or release MLC. Set the flag malacca_founded. Now write a country event with a 1 day mtth that triggers for the owner of 596 when MLC doesn't exist, 596 has the flag malacca_founded, and does not have malacca_founded_2. Make that event release MLC and set malacca_founded_2.

(Some of that is just how I tend to do things rather than how they need to be, or even should be, done. But yeah, it should work fine.)

Quote Originally Posted by bananafishtoday View Post
    Ahhh, ok. Personally, this is how I'd write that (although I admit it's hacky; I just could never get "event fires event" to work right): Make your event add the core, cot, tax, etc, but not create or release MLC. Set the flag malacca_founded. Now write a country event with a 1 day mtth that triggers for the owner of 596 when MLC doesn't exist, 596 has the flag malacca_founded, and does not have malacca_founded_2. Make that event release MLC and set malacca_founded_2.

(Some of that is just how I tend to do things rather than how they need to be, or even should be, done. But yeah, it should work fine.)
    But how do I add the core? As I said earlier, my event fails to add the core, and I don't know how to make it do that. And moving the "add_core" bit out of the option section and into the immediate section didn't help.
    Click Here

add_core = tag does not work. You need restructure things so you can use add_core = THIS or add_core = province_id. In your case probably MLC = { add_core = THIS } should do the job.
    http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Full_List_of_Effects

Playing EU4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 130 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 45 70 95 120 ... LastLast