+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 130 FirstFirst ... 24 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 74 99 124 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick modding questions

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaParadoxian Order - 2015

Quote Originally Posted by t0m View Post
    Anyone know whats wrong with this decision? It caused a cdt every time I enact it? I've tried looking for ages and although its probably a minor mistake I'm not able to find it.
    The OR serves no purpose where it is but that shouldn't cause a crash.
    Try removing the TUR scope from the government change; since you've already changed tags at that point that is also redundant.
    Pretty sure all those add_cores will also have no effect. When you change tags you keep your current cores; you don't get whatever cores (or any other properties) that new tag had before you changed. You probably want to remove the TUR scope from that as well.
    Finally, are you modding an already-modded game (maybe DAO)? If so you need to make sure you're using the correct government type and tag since those may be completely different in a mod. If you're not using a mod then many of those provinces in your add_cores do not exist; this would probably cause a crash.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Professional forum-troll ;) Yosiu's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I have found on eu3 wiki (yes, i know it's outdated ) province scope "range = yes/no" which should indicate if the province is in colonial range.
    Is this working ? What syntax should i use ?
    Is this possible to make trigger like : if any province owned by country Y is in range of county X then ...." ?
    I would like to take a look at working syntax of this trigger but it appears to be never used in vanilla game.

Quote Originally Posted by Yosiu View Post
    I would like to take a look at working syntax of this trigger but it appears to be never used in vanilla game.
    Look into colonial.txt in missions folder, it's mentioned at least a dozen times.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaParadoxian Order - 2015

I have found on eu3 wiki (yes, i know it's outdated ) province scope "range = yes/no" which should indicate if the province is in colonial range.
    The event scripting pages (triggers/effects/scopes) are generally up to date (although new info from the current public beta patches is not included yet).
    As nekoime says it's used in many missions in colonial.txt as well as country-specific missions for some of the historical colonizers.
    You might be able to do what you want but country X would probably have to be the country receiving the event, not just some arbitrary country.
    Code:
    country_event = {

id = xxxxxx

trigger = {
    		YYY = {
    			any_owned_province = {
    				range = yes
    			}
    		}
    	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
    		months = 36
    	}

title = "EVTNAMExxxxxx"
    	desc = "EVTDESCxxxxxx"

option = {
    		name = "EVTOPTAxxxxxx"
    		. . .
    	}
    }
    Hopefully this would check the range from the province to the root scope country and not to the current country (which would be YYY).
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Can i use income for triggered modifiers?
    Basically i want countries under a certain income to gain -10 colonists so nations like parma and naples don't colonise

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by jdrou View Post
    Hopefully this would check the range from the province to the root scope country and not to the current country (which would be YYY).
    I'm afraid it checks current country, so it has no usage (or i'm doing something still wrong )
    This would be much better trigger if instead of " range = yes/no ", it would be " range = TAG " syntax.
    Orginal syntax isn't useful, since you can always use NOT = { } syntax.

EDIT: I made a decision to test this trigger
    Code:
     country_decisions = {
    test = {
    	potential = {
    		ai = no
    		}
    	allow = {  367 = { range = yes }
    		367 = { range = no }
    		POR = { 367 = { range = yes } }
    		POR = { 367 = { range = no } }
    		TUR = { 367 = { range = yes } }
    		TUR = { 367 = { range = no } }
    		367 = { TUR = { range = yes } }
    		367 = { TUR = { range = no } }
    		367 = { POR = { range = yes } }
    		367 = { POR = { range = no } }
    		}
    	effect = { treasury = 5 }
    }
    }
    Then I entered the game in 1429 while POR has a colony there and TUR can't reach The Azores using his colonial range.
    But when I checked the decision, there was exactly the same answer from the game, no matter the fact I play as POR or as TUR.
    So, am I missing something or this trigger is just broken ?

And one more question:
    In cb_type.txt in " prerequisites = {} " section THIS is scoping to attacked country, but is FROM scoping attacker ?
    Last edited by Yosiu; 08-06-2012 at 01:28.

Quote Originally Posted by videonfan View Post
    Can i use income for triggered modifiers?
    Basically i want countries under a certain income to gain -10 colonists so nations like parma and naples don't colonise
    Code:
     no_more_milanise_africa={
    	potential = { 
    		technology_group = western
    		}
    	trigger = {
    		NOT = { monthly_income = X }  
    		}
    	colonists = -10
    	icon = 1
    }
    Just tweak monthly income to your preference.
    You could also use " years_of_income = 12*X " trigger

Then I entered the game in 1429 while POR has a colony there and TUR can't reach The Azores using his colonial range.
    But when I checked the decision, there was exactly the same answer from the game, no matter the fact I play as POR or as TUR.
    What did it show for each trigger in the tooltip for the decision?
    Or maybe it only works for empty provinces.

Playing EU4

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIMagickaVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I've modded my history files a little bit so that Muscowy starts out in control of a few golden horde provinces so they don't get destroyed right away (trying to make them a teeny bit stronger than novgorod and last a bit longer against the horde and give the AI more likely a chance to survive the first war), but I'm not sure how to set it up so there are Muscovite colonists already in the province (if Muscovy is having a horrible time with money during the war it wont send colonists so I'm trying to give it a little push with like 200 colonists in one province).

If I make a save game and look at the province data I can find stuff such as:

Code:
        foreign_colonists="MOS"
        num_foreign_colonists=400
    But this doesn't seem to have any effect in the base history files. I know you can set colony level for normal colonies, but I cannot figure out how to do it with a horde province. Any help?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

I don't think it's possible.You have to give them full control

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'm afraid it checks current country, so it has no usage (or i'm doing something still wrong )
    This would be much better trigger if instead of " range = yes/no ", it would be " range = TAG " syntax.
    Orginal syntax isn't useful, since you can always use NOT = { } syntax.

EDIT: I made a decision to test this trigger
    Code:
     country_decisions = {
    test = {
    	potential = {
    		ai = no
    		}
    	allow = {  367 = { range = yes }
    		367 = { range = no }
    		POR = { 367 = { range = no } }
    		TUR = { 367 = { range = yes } }
    		TUR = { 367 = { range = no } }
    		367 = { TUR = { range = yes } }
    		367 = { TUR = { range = no } }
    		367 = { POR = { range = yes } }
    		367 = { POR = { range = no } }
    		}
    	effect = { treasury = 5 }
    }
    }

And one more question:
    In cb_type.txt in " prerequisites = {} " section THIS is scoping to attacked country, but is FROM scoping attacker ?
    Aren't you contradicting yourself:
    POR = { 367 = { range = no }
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

Yeah, I used multiple syntaxes to get feel of this trigger.
    But i get same answer if i log as 1429 POR which have colony in Azores ( prov 367) or do i log as TUR which don't have colony range there.

Ruler of the Queen's Navee George LeS's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Can anyone list the factors which go into gaining cores? Which ones are moddable, and which can be affected by other things (like province flags/modifiers, policies, tetc.)

I'd like to figure a way to delay or speed it up (mostly the former) in certain cases. I know about the events which are out there, but what of the standard method, besides the values you choose at start?
    'Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.' -- the Water Rat

GRIN Mod--Historical leaders mods: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...46994-GRIN-Mod

Rex Maris--SRI-based naval and exploration mod. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...4#post11451354

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Yeah, I used multiple syntaxes to get feel of this trigger.
    But i get same answer if i log as 1429 POR which have colony in Azores ( prov 367) or do i log as TUR which don't have colony range there.
    I assume you didn't use both at the same time, because if you just put that test as you quoted here, and tried to run it, that is going to be a mess :P
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by George LeS View Post
    Can anyone list the factors which go into gaining cores? Which ones are moddable, and which can be affected by other things (like province flags/modifiers, policies, tetc.)

I'd like to figure a way to delay or speed it up (mostly the former) in certain cases. I know about the events which are out there, but what of the standard method, besides the values you choose at start?
    I had always thought you could only change the time it takes to acquire a core in the common file or doing it case by case via event.
    Operatively, I think you need to set the maximum time you desire in the defines file and then use events to give cores before that time has passed.
    "The path to knighthood is paved with strength and nobility not LSD and sideburns." - Black Knight

Quote Originally Posted by kepler View Post
    I had always thought you could only change the time it takes to acquire a core in the common file or doing it case by case via event.
    Operatively, I think you need to set the maximum time you desire in the defines file and then use events to give cores before that time has passed.
    I believe this is all true.

Playing EU4

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Ok, thanks.

That means I'll have to (a) set a longer core time, (b) make event(s) giving cores, and (c) set some flags & modifiers altering (b). Got it.
    'Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.' -- the Water Rat

GRIN Mod--Historical leaders mods: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...46994-GRIN-Mod

Rex Maris--SRI-based naval and exploration mod. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...4#post11451354

Quote Originally Posted by George LeS View Post
    Ok, thanks.

That means I'll have to (a) set a longer core time, (b) make event(s) giving cores, and (c) set some flags & modifiers altering (b). Got it.
    Pretty sure Magna Mundi did something like this too.

Playing EU4

Here's a simple one, never occurred to me:

The effects doc has both these clauses:

Code:
    <sub-unit name>
    	Scope:		province
    	Syntax:	<sub-unit name> = province id
    	Create .a specific unit in the specified province.
    and

Code:
    galley
           Scope:		province
           Syntax:	galley = province number/THIS
           Create the most advanced galley ship available to the current country.
    How do you use it to create the Galley sub-type, as opposed to a Galleass or Chebeck? For all other types, I can see no problem, and it's worked for me. But how to tell here?

I tried making an event that will help the AI Ottomans a bit - after they move their capital they can proclaim themselves the sultanate of Rum, which gives them a simple 1% prestige bonus and removes all the BYZ cores. However, only one core is removed, the one at the very bottom of the list.

Decision:

Code:
    	sultanate_of_rum = {
    		potential = {
    			tag = TUR
    			owns = 151 		# Constantinople
    			NOT = { has_country_modifier = sultan_of_rum }
    		}
    		allow = {
    		war = no
    		owns = 151
    		capital = 151