+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 130 FirstFirst ... 10 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 60 85 110 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick modding questions

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisRise of Prussia
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jdrou View Post
    That probably is being treated as "losing control of your capital" which always causes such a prestige hit.
    Yes, that is most likely the case. So excluded that region from being seceded....
    AURORA UNIVERSALIS, my total overhaul mod for EU4: starting in the beginning of the first millennium BC and covering the following 1500 years, including four bookmarks with Egyptian pharaohs, Assyrians, the Diadochi, Romans, and barbarians.
    399AD, my total overhaul mod for EU3: fight as the Late Roman Empire or as barbarian tribes in the turbulent century preceding the fall of Rome.
    EIS TÊN GASTERA ENALLONOMENOS, my simple supply line mod for EU4: establish, secure, maintain, and defend supply lines in enemy territory to provide troops with provisions, or risk becoming out of supply, suffering manpower losses due to increased attrition. Avoid getting "kicked in the stomach"!

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong when coding this decision? It doesn't show in game.

Code:
    province_decisions = {
    	increase_garrison = {
    			potential = {
    				owner = has_idea = { engineer_corps }
    				NOT = { has_province_modifer = inceased_garrison }
    				has_building = fort1
    			}
    			allow = {
    				owner = {
    					war = no
    					treasury = 250
    					officials = 1
    					}
    			}
    			effect = {
    				owner = {
    				owner = {
    					treasury = -250
    					officials = -1
    				}
    				add_province_modifier = {
    					name = "increased_garrison"
    					duration = 3650
    				}
    			}
    			ai_will_do = {
    				factor = 0
    				modifier = {
    					factor = 1
    					any_neighbor_province = {
    					owner = {
    						not = { 
    							relation = { who = this value = 0 } 
    							truce_with = THIS
    						}
    					}
    				}
    			}
    	}
    }

Temporary Chosen One DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

In effect you have 2X owner = { owner = {

and proper trigger:

owner = { idea = whateveridea } not has_idea
    While Chosen One in absentia, Temporary Chosen One Of The Exalted Church of YEShans

EU3 Complete

Quote Originally Posted by AKronblad View Post
    Sorry, was sloppy. didn't see your initial suggestion. next try :

trigger = {
    any_owned_province = { culture_group = altaic }
    NOT = { any_owned_province = { has_province_modifier = support_nomad_raids } }
    }
    Thanks Now is working properly

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

Blog Entries
    Some typos at least (modifier and increased), here is a suggested correction:

potential = {
    owner = { has_idea = engineer_corps }
    NOT = { has_province_modifier = increased_garrison }
    has_building = fort1
    }
    AURORA UNIVERSALIS, my total overhaul mod for EU4: starting in the beginning of the first millennium BC and covering the following 1500 years, including four bookmarks with Egyptian pharaohs, Assyrians, the Diadochi, Romans, and barbarians.
    399AD, my total overhaul mod for EU3: fight as the Late Roman Empire or as barbarian tribes in the turbulent century preceding the fall of Rome.
    EIS TÊN GASTERA ENALLONOMENOS, my simple supply line mod for EU4: establish, secure, maintain, and defend supply lines in enemy territory to provide troops with provisions, or risk becoming out of supply, suffering manpower losses due to increased attrition. Avoid getting "kicked in the stomach"!

Thank you. it works perfectly, now. EDIT: I used DanubianCossak's advice, but I'm sure yours would have worked too, AKronblad.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke_Jebawe View Post
    Thank you. it works perfectly, now. EDIT: I used DanubianCossak's advice, but I'm sure yours would have worked too, AKronblad.
    Me too, but then again: I am biased... And I've already spotted a problem in my suggestion...

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis IV

hi guys,
    how do i say, as a trigger:
    "this is my vassal and this has been my vassal for at least x years"?

thanks in advance

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sussidi View Post
    hi guys,
    how do i say, as a trigger:
    "this is my vassal and this has been my vassal for at least x years"?

thanks in advance
    try had_country_flag country = { flag = became_vassal years = x } scope trigger. http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Li...scope_triggers

If you set_country_flag = became_vassal upon a specified country becoming a vassal of another specified country (with trigger vassal_of = TAG ) then it hopefully will work. Good luck.

Blog Entries
    Can one country be primary to two cultures? That is, in countries.txt as well as revolt_triggers.txt?
    Does anyone have an answer on or opinion about this?

Does anyone have an answer on or opinion about this?
    The only way you can do that is to have 2 cultures in same culture group; 1 with a tag attached to it, 1 without (if it has any country then it wont work). In cultures file, you set both cultures attached to same tag, when you get patriots in culture without tag, they should defect to 1 with tag (but it must exist).
    While Chosen One in absentia, Temporary Chosen One Of The Exalted Church of YEShans

Blog Entries
    thanks but " you set both cultures attached to same tag"? I thought couldn't set both cultures to same tag?

I think you can, but if there is any tag already attached to a culture by default they get nationalist (since they have higher priority). If there are no nationalist rebels (with no TAGs attached to culture, you cant get nationalists), next thing by priority should be patriots. Patriots will defect to same culture country, if there is none (no such country exist), they seem to then defect to countries within same culture group. So its culture > culture group.

For example, before i had Faroan country, ive had Faroese (sp?) culture set to SCO (without tag they cant get nationalist), and since they were in same culture group as SCO if patriot rebels get spawned, they should (im not 100% certain) defect to country of same culture group, and if you set Scotland as their primary country in cultures file, SCO should be higher priority?

try had_country_flag country = { flag = became_vassal years = x } scope trigger. http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Li...scope_triggers

If you set_country_flag = became_vassal upon a specified country becoming a vassal of another specified country (with trigger vassal_of = TAG ) then it hopefully will work. Good luck.
    thank you, i'll try.

is there a way, as an effect, to form a personal union?
    http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Full_List_of_Effects
    i can see there is "vassalize = x" for vassalizing, but no signs of forming a PU

Blog Entries
    I recall having seem a kill_unit effect (or equivalent) somewhere, but may be wrong.

Is there something like that to get rid of units, and how detailed could it then be specified (province, country, unit_type, etc.)?

I was wondering if I make a new event, will that event fire for a previous game save or do I need to start a new game for it to work? I wrote a couple events that the code seems ok but thye won't fire in a saved game. Can't really test them from a restart because the triggers don't apply until later in game.

Another question- is it possible to mod the frequency of pirate appearances?

Quote Originally Posted by redgreen99 View Post
    I was wondering if I make a new event, will that event fire for a previous game save or do I need to start a new game for it to work? I wrote a couple events that the code seems ok but thye won't fire in a saved game. Can't really test them from a restart because the triggers don't apply until later in game.
    Every time you start up game, the game engine loads all scripted files in whatever state they are. When you load a save game, you merely load a bunch of information telling game engine about the state of the world in whatever year, it doesnt contain any scripted information. So, if you mod an event, decision or whatever, and you load a save game, all that will work as it saved in text files, so no need to start the new game. Unless you mod triggers to require a specific year, which has already passed.

Quote Originally Posted by redgreen99 View Post
    Another question- is it possible to mod the frequency of pirate appearances?
    To my knowledge everything related to pirates is hardcodded, only thing you can do is prevent them from ever being activated.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    Every time you start up game, the game engine loads all scripted files in whatever state they are. When you load a save game, you merely load a bunch of information telling game engine about the state of the world in whatever year, it doesnt contain any scripted information. So, if you mod an event, decision or whatever, and you load a save game, all that will work as it saved in text files, so no need to start the new game. Unless you mod triggers to require a specific year, which has already passed.
    Well that depends what you call "scripted". It applies to most game files but NOT to history files; history files are normally loaded only at the start of a new game (unless you're using one of the "historical" game options).
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 130 FirstFirst ... 10 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 60 85 110 ... LastLast