+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 130 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 46 71 96 121 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick modding questions

Okay, figured it out. Thanks. Event works perfectly now.

Code:
    #The establishment of the trading city of Malacca Town
    province_event = {
    	id = 1000035

trigger = {
    		year = 1402
    		NOT = {
    			has_province_flag = malacca_founded
    		}
    		owner = {
    			OR {
    				tag = AYU
    				tag = MAJ
    			}

}
    		province_id = 596
    	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
    		months = 1
    	} 

title = "EVTNAME1000035"
    	desc = "EVTDESC1000035"

option = {
    		name = "EVTOPTA1000035"
    		MLC = { 
    			add_core = 594
    			add_core = 595
    			add_core = 596
    			add_core = 597
    			add_core = 598
    			add_core = 599
    			add_core = 620
    		}
    		release = MLC
    		cot = yes
    		base_tax = 4
    		citysize = 30000
    		add_building = fort3
    		596 = { secede_province = MLC }
    		set_province_flag = malacca_founded
    	}
    }

Malaya Mod v.0.03 - Out Now
    Click Here

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

The 596 = { secede_province = MLC } effect should not be necessary (unless the release = MLC is not working which is possible since it should really be in owner scope).

If you want the owner of Malacca to give all the cores he holds to the new country then you should fix the release and remove the secede_province or if you want Malacca to get only its capital immediately then just remove the release effect.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Quote Originally Posted by jdrou View Post
    The 596 = { secede_province = MLC } effect should not be necessary (unless the release = MLC is not working which is possible since it should really be in owner scope).

If you want the owner of Malacca to give all the cores he holds to the new country then you should fix the release and remove the secede_province or if you want Malacca to get only its capital immediately then just remove the release effect.
    I only wanted Malacca to get the province of Malacca upon release, but also wanted them to get cores on the entire Malayan Peninsula, plus Siak. This is because, historically, Malacca was founded by a Sri Vijayan prince in what was ostensibly Majapahit land, and expanded to take over the whole Malayan Peninsula plus the Siak area across the Malacca Strait within a decade or two. My event allows for just this.
    Malaya Mod v.0.03 - Out Now
    Click Here

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisRise of Prussia
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krankovich View Post
    I only wanted Malacca to get the province of Malacca upon release, but also wanted them to get cores on the entire Malayan Peninsula, plus Siak. This is because, historically, Malacca was founded by a Sri Vijayan prince in what was ostensibly Majapahit land, and expanded to take over the whole Malayan Peninsula plus the Siak area across the Malacca Strait within a decade or two. My event allows for just this.
    just be aware of that in-game Malacca will quickly lose prestige through having many non-owned cores. maybe instead giving just one or two cores at both ends of the peninsula.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Krankovich View Post
    As AKronblad mentioned - non owned cores hurt a tag. To do what you want relating to get Malacca to take over the whole peninsula you should use a mission that adds temp cores over the peninsula. The temp cores do not hurt the tag while still giving the tag motivation to expand.

The following mission would work:

Code:
    malacca_empire = {

type = country

allow = {
    		tag = MLC
    		is_lesser_in_union = no
    		is_subject = no
    		OR = {
    		    NOT = { owns = 594 }
    			NOT = { owns = 595 }
    			NOT = { owns = 596 }
    			NOT = { owns = 597 }
    			NOT = { owns = 598 }
    			NOT = { owns = 599 }
    			NOT = { owns = 620 }
    			}
    	}
    	abort = {
    		or = {
    			is_lesser_in_union = yes
    			is_subject = yes
    			}
    	}
    	success = {
    		owns = 594
    		owns = 595
    		owns = 596
    		owns = 597
    		owns = 598
    		owns = 599
    		owns = 620
    	}
    	chance = {
    		factor = 1000
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 5
    			year = 1499
    		}
    	}
    	immediate = {
    		add_temp_claim = 594
    		add_temp_claim = 595
    		add_temp_claim = 596
    		add_temp_claim = 597
    		add_temp_claim = 598
    		add_temp_claim = 599
    		add_temp_claim = 620
    	}
    	abort_effect = { 
    		remove_temp_claim = 594
    		remove_temp_claim = 595
    		remove_temp_claim = 596
    		remove_temp_claim = 597
    		remove_temp_claim = 598
    		remove_temp_claim = 599
    		remove_temp_claim = 620
    	 }

effect = {
    		any_owned = {
    			limit = {
    				NOT = { is_core = THIS }
    			}
    			add_core = THIS
    		}
    	}
    }

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

Blog Entries
    I am still struggling with "wrong" countries resurfacing as part of cultural or separatist etc rebellions..

Looking in revolt_triggers.txt, what does then "always = no" mean? Is the effect that it will never assume ownership of a province as part of a rebellion, or equivalent?

Blog Entries

How long does a country modifier really last?

I am having a few "eternal" country modifiers with the aim of balancing the game, i.e., duration = -1.

Now some countries have a tendency to reappear after having been wiped out.

These countries do not still seem to have their "eternal" country modifiers when reappearing... Anyone having had the same experience, or a different, and can advise on whether this is truly the case?

Otherwise, I have to find a good way to reimpose these country modifiers...

Deus VultDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2500k club

Blog Entries
    In the beginning of the game, give everyone a flag and then make an event that gives the modifier if the modifier is not there and if the flag is there. Make the flag appear based on something that a counrty will always have i.e. capital is in europe or something like that. That way when they reappear, they will get the flag again, and therefor get the modifier again if they dont have it.

Deus VultDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AKronblad View Post
    I am still struggling with "wrong" countries resurfacing as part of cultural or separatist etc rebellions..

Looking in revolt_triggers.txt, what does then "always = no" mean? Is the effect that it will never assume ownership of a province as part of a rebellion, or equivalent?
    I believe it means that if a patriot appears with their primary culture, the province will never defect to them. I use this in my mod on many of the hordes, based on if the owner is not a horde then people should certainly not rebel back to the hordes.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

I am having a few "eternal" country modifiers with the aim of balancing the game, i.e., duration = -1.

These countries do not still seem to have their "eternal" country modifiers when reappearing... Anyone having had the same experience, or a different, and can advise on whether this is truly the case?

Might want to make them triggered modifiers instead of event modifiers; that way any country that meets the triggers will automatically get the modifier the following month.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)

Blog Entries

Many thanks for input, guys! I actually made it a decision so that an ai country automatically triggers such decision (even if unfavourable to it... ). So if it reappears and doesn't have that country modifier, the decision will be available and the country will automatically trigger the decision again.

Blog Entries
    in the otherwise excellent EU3 wikipedia @ paradoxian.org, it is unclear whether any_province actually means any province or any OWNED province.

Could anyone advise?

Blog Entries
    Also, upon the "Death of Roma" (meaning that the Western Roman Empire WRE no longer exists) in my 399AD mod, I'd like to remove all the cores of WRE.

Tried (in an otherwise functioning country_event for another country):

Code:
    any_province = {
    		remove_core = WRE
    	}
    but it didn't work. how could it be made to work?

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition

Also, upon the "Death of Roma" (meaning that the Western Roman Empire WRE no longer exists) in my 399AD mod, I'd like to remove all the cores of WRE.

Tried (in an otherwise functioning country_event for another country):

Code:
    any_province = {
            remove_core = WRE
        }
    but it didn't work. how could it be made to work?
    Not sure if things changed for DW. For HTT the following series of events worked to remove cores from a non existent tag.

Code:
    country_event = {
    id = 335000
        trigger = {
                year = 1427
                NOT = { year = 1477 }
                exists = BRB
            BRB = { war = no }
            tag = BUR
            NOT = { has_country_flag = inherit_BRB }
    }

mean_time_to_happen = {    days = 1 }

title = "EVTNAME335000"#    Inherit
        desc = "EVTDESC335000"#    John IV of Brabrant as died and left us Brabrant!

option = {
        name = "EVTOPTA335000"#    Great!!
            ai_chance = { factor = 100 }
            BRB = { country_event = 777575 }
            inherit = BRB
    set_country_flag = inherit_BRB
            }
    }
    Code:
    country_event = {

id = 777575

is_triggered_only = yes

title = "EVTNAME777575"#    remove_cores
        desc = "EVTDESC777575"#    remove_cores

option = {
        name = "EVTOPTA777575"#    Great!
            ai_chance = { factor = 100 }
            any_country = {
                limit = { any_owned_province = { is_core = THIS } }
                any_owned = {
                    limit = { is_core = THIS }
                    remove_core = THIS
                }
            }
        }
    }
    This worked except where the tag still existed and still owned a province in which case the core would be immediately be earned back for the province still owned by the tag. But if the tag was no longer in game it worked well. The code was developed I think by one of the members of the original MM team.
    Last edited by 17blue17; 22-01-2012 at 00:12.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 17blue17 View Post
    This worked except where the tag still existed and still owned a province in which case the core would be immediately be earned back for the province still owned by the tag. But if the tag was no longer in game it worked well. The code was developed I think by one of the members of the original MM team.

Many thanks! Tried it out, and it works well, actually even for existing tag's still owned provinces! (Being lazy, I triggered the event immediately on start date for WRE....) So great response, many thanks agains!

in the otherwise excellent EU3 wikipedia @ paradoxian.org, it is unclear whether any_province actually means any province or any OWNED province.

Could anyone advise?
    any_province scope means all provinces regardless of owner but I don't believe it includes empty provinces.

Playing EU4

Many thanks! Tried it out, and it works well, actually even for existing tag's still owned provinces! (Being lazy, I triggered the event immediately on start date for WRE....) So great response, many thanks agains!
    Interesting. I did file a bug report for HTT relating to still owned provinces and Paradox said they understood why it would be nice for mods to have it work - in other words reset the clock to have the core earned again. So maybe they fixed it for DW.

Glad to help.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jdrou View Post
    any_province scope means all provinces regardless of owner but I don't believe it includes empty provinces.
    OK, many thanks for clarification.!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I just wonder... Is there any way to change graphic culture to latingfx from muslimgfx using decision?

This doesn't seem to work.

Code:
    country_decisions = {

sicilian_nation = {
    		potential = {
    			NOT = { exists = SIC }
    			NOT = { tag = HRE }
    			NOT = { tag = PAP }
    			OR = {
    				primary_culture = hafsid-berber
    				religion = shiite
    			}
    		}
    		allow = {
    			owns = 124		# Messina
    			owns = 125		# Palermo			
    			war = no
    		}
    	  effect = {
    			SIC = {		
    				add_core = 124		
    				add_core = 125		
    			}
    			124 = { culture = sicilian }
    			125 = { culture = sicilian }
    			random_owned = {
    				base_tax = 1
    			}
    			land_naval = 2
    			prestige = 0.05
    			change_tag = SIC
    			SIC = {
    				capital = 125
    				primary_culture = sicilian
    				government = feudal_monarchy
    				graphical_culture = latingfx
    				religion = catholic
    			}
    		}
    		ai_will_do = {
    			factor = 1
    		}
    	}

}

Quote Originally Posted by Chlodio View Post
    I just wonder... Is there any way to change graphic culture to latingfx from muslimgfx using decision?

This doesn't seem to work.

Code:
    country_decisions = {

sicilian_nation = {
            potential = {
                NOT = { exists = SIC }
                NOT = { tag = HRE }
                NOT = { tag = PAP }
                OR = {
                    primary_culture = hafsid-berber
                    religion = shiite
                }
            }
            allow = {
                owns = 124        # Messina
                owns = 125        # Palermo            
                war = no
            }
          effect = {
                SIC = {        
                    add_core = 124        
                    add_core = 125        
                }
                124 = { culture = sicilian }
                125 = { culture = sicilian }
                random_owned = {
                    base_tax = 1
                }
                land_naval = 2
                prestige = 0.05
                change_tag = SIC
                SIC = {
                    capital = 125
                    primary_culture = sicilian
                    government = feudal_monarchy
                    graphical_culture = latingfx
                    religion = catholic
                }
            }
            ai_will_do = {
                factor = 1
            }
        }

}
    I have never seen a way to change this in game (during game play) and it is not listed on the eu3 wiki as a valid item for use in an event /decision.

http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Full_List_of_Effects

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 130 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 46 71 96 121 ... LastLast