+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 130 1 2 3 11 26 51 76 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick modding questions

Question Quick modding questions

I would like to propose that this thread be used for quick questions like the similarly named thead in the main forums, except for modding related questions.

I would like to start things off with a couple of questions. First, how do I slow down the rate at which provences defect into the horde nations, or disable defections all together?

Also, is there any way to edit the amount of units a nation start off with in the grand campaign?

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

1. Go into the common folder and edit the defines file.

Look for the line: 12 #_DDEF_NOMAD_MIN_OCC_TO_OWN_CORE_MONTHS_

2. No this is not possible, it is determined automatically depending on how much manpower the country has, income and support limit.

Where is the file that defines the inheritance core rule?

I want to have the max zoomed out map on DW to be on all the time. What files should I change?
    Darkest Hour Helpful Links:
    How to modify the Darkest Hour Technology Tree:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-the-tech-tree.
    A collection of Blank Graphic files for Darkest Hour.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...lank-Gfx-files

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by GreyHuge View Post
    Where is the file that defines the inheritance core rule?
    please specifiy

Quote Originally Posted by Supeerme View Post
    I want to have the max zoomed out map on DW to be on all the time. What files should I change?
    pritty sure thats impossible

I'm tinkering with aenariel's cultural migrations events, and am trying to get an event to fire if a province: (a) has people in it (either natives or a country's population) and (b) neighbours a province without people, either natives or nationals. The trigger I have is:

Code:
    trigger = {
    	OR = {
    		native_size = 1
    		citysize = 1
    	}
    	any_neighbor_province = {
    		AND = {
    			NOT = { native_size = 1 }
    			NOT = { citysize = 1 }
    		}
    	}
    }
    This never fires on its own, even after 20 years with with a MTTH of 12 months. When I fire the event for a populated province, it fires, but the second part - the any_neighbour_province part - has a red asterisk.

I have a similar line in the first and only option for the event:
    Code:
    option = {
    	name = "EVTOPTA10201"
    	set_global_flag = copyculture
    	set_global_flag = migration_in_progress
    	set_province_flag = spread_culture
    	citysize = -250
    	random_neighbor_province = {
    		limit = {
    			AND = {
    				NOT = { native_size = 50 }
    				NOT = { citysize = 50 }
    			}
    		}
    		set_province_flag = copy_culture
    		native_size = 200
    	}
    }
    Here, it seems to read the first part, and reduces the citysize by 250, but does nothing else. I have a feeling I've stuffed something up with the limit, but I can't find any proper explanation on how to use that command.

What am I doing wrong?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2

1. Can you edit "normal" difficulty

2. If not, how do you edit the base badboy_limit?
    "Therefore a wise prince will seek means by which his subjects will always and in every possible condition of things have need of his government, and then they will always be faithful to him."
    Niccolo Machiavelli
    The Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Jerzul View Post
    1. Can you edit "normal" difficulty

2. If not, how do you edit the base badboy_limit?
    1. Static modifiers
    2.Defines.lua (use a notepad.)

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Supeerme View Post
    1. Static modifiers
    2.Defines.lua (use a notepad.)
    Thank you Supeerme, but I already know about static modifies.txt, but can I simply add a "normal_player" line and go at it? Would the game recognize that?

Also, I see a defines.txt but no defines.lua? Is the lua in the Steam version? Because I don't have the steam version. Also, which line in the "defines" file actually define the base badboy limit?
    "Therefore a wise prince will seek means by which his subjects will always and in every possible condition of things have need of his government, and then they will always be faithful to him."
    Niccolo Machiavelli
    The Prince

Static modifiers have split the two apart. The top one is for the player and hte bottom one is for the AI.

I was thinking it was like V2 sorry.

Here is the line: 25 #_CDEF_BADBOY_LIMIT_,

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by ticattack View Post
    What am I doing wrong?
    Not sure if this is the problem but based on the code I suspect you are not aware that the native_size = 1 trigger means the province has at least 100 natives and the native_size = 200 effect would put 20000 natives in that province.

Instead of NOT = { citysize = 1 } you might want to experiment with empty = yes instead.
    Last edited by jdrou; 08-08-2011 at 07:46.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Hither & thither, perchance anon whither... ?
    Q: Does having many "Duplicate ID" localization entries (for why-ever) slow the game by an appreciable amount?

I'm asking here first, if nobody knows I'll time it myself...

Cheers

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonlandEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k club

Here's another one: messing around with the research efficiency figures in Technology.txt bizarrely changes the number of ships a tech group starts out with, I increased it to over 100% (2.0) and the affected tech group nations start out with a ridiculously massive navy and go into insta-debt: what is the connection between these two?

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Scocou View Post
    Q: Does having many "Duplicate ID" localization entries (for why-ever) slow the game by an appreciable amount?
    Unlikely. I would expect that the game loads all the localisation files only at the start of the game (and leaves out the dups).
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Hither & thither, perchance anon whither... ?
    Quote Originally Posted by jdrou View Post
    Unlikely. I would expect that the game loads all the localisation files only at the start of the game (and leaves out the dups).
    Yeah, that would make sense. Good enough for me, thanks!
    Cheers

Does anyone know where I can change the name of the provinces as they appear on the world map? I added a couple new provinces, but they just say prov1886, prov1887 etc. on the world map.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Sarastro View Post
    Does anyone know where I can change the name of the provinces as they appear on the world map? I added a couple new provinces, but they just say prov1886, prov1887 etc. on the world map.
    You need to change the name in the localisation files (eu3/localisation).
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Also, is there any way to edit the amount of units a nation start off with in the grand campaign?
    You could give them a triggered modifier before 1400 increasing their force limit. This would give them a bigger starting army/navy.
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindSengokuVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Or, you could also create an "opening event" to give units, money, manpower and so on.

If you added new provinces, please make a new localization file and write like this
    Code:
    PROV1883;Jeju;Jeju;Jeju;Jeju;Jeju;Jeju;Jeju;Jeju;;;;;;x
    PROV1884;Sangju;Sangju;Sangju;Sangju;Sangju;Sangju;Sangju;Sangju;;;;;;x
    (Attention:You have to make a blank line at the end of the province list)
    If you have simply renamed existed provinces in vanilla, please rewrite the localization file as lukew said.
    (Attention hier:Some province have changed their name in HttH or DW expansion.)
    Last edited by chatnoir17; 10-08-2011 at 13:19.
    Monumenta Iaponiae Historica : total improvement mod for Sengoku (ver.0.6832:updated on 23.11.2012)
    Additional Scenarios (1180, 1561, 1582 and 1600), More Historical Characters and Rebalancing
    General description about MIH for non registered forum users is here in Sengoku main forum

Mod for EU4: Pax Sinica (East Asia Mod)/Bella Iaponica (Japan Mod)/ Bookmarks
    Three Mods for CK2
    :Bookmarks/ Climate Classification/Hedeby Republic

Sweden in a Japanese game: AAR of Koei's Genghis Khan IV

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpire
    Lead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I'd like to know if there is a way to change the value of a variable directly via the console ?

Also, if yes, is there a thread/tutorial about the scripting language of EU3 :
    - is it the LUA syntax ?
    - does the if/for/while/until instructions work for event files ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 130 1 2 3 11 26 51 76 101 ... LastLast