+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Age of Faith

The Age of Faith

The Age of Faith

Ever since Httt, I have been working on a high middle ages mod from the end of the first crusade to the regular end date. So far, I have the majority of the old world done excluding sub-saharan Africa and India. I plan on fixing a few bugs and releasing the alpha version by Friday.

Alpha Version .05Read instructions on my last post
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/20686...e+of+Faith.zip

Changelog V.01
    -Incorporated the Dao Lite map and the Dei Gratia mod for the base of the mod
    Added a new government for baltic pagan tribes
    -Created a mostly working faction system for the Kara Khanids and I am hoping to use it as a template for other steppe hordes
    -Added a decision for the mongol Khanate to form
    -Added a decision/ event chain involving a strong Chinese Dynasty wishing to reinstate the old Persian Empire
    -Added many new countries
    -Adapted to work with 5.1 official patch

Changelog V.015
    -Added Swabia and Franconia
    -Added Coptic Egypt revolter and culture
    -Added Kipchak and Cuman khanates and culture
    -Fixed Mongol Khanate formation decision
    -Added Reform the Roman Empire decision
    -Added the Crusader States to the HRE
    -Added a Triggered modifier for the small crusader states

Changelog V.02
    Incorporated the KOJ mod
    Added a Turkish government form for Rum
    Added a second Crusade decision for the Crusader State
    Added a Imperial March government form for Imperial territories
    Added a imperial decision that will be available after 1150 to establish the Teutonic knights in either Poland (with Polish approval) or the Northern March (Brandenburg)

To do list
    Fix India
    Add many more historical events and missions
    Make a event chain for the conversion of the Baltic
    Make a system for the division of Poland
    Make events for European nations to auto release and cede middle eastern provinces to Crusader states.
    Add decisions for the Holy Roman Emperor
    Add Flags to many countries
    Add event for Jin-Song Alliance and Liao Migration
    Add decisions and events for the third through ninth crusade
    Fix localization

What I need help with
    -Indian History
    -African History
    -Ideas for new factions and internal factional events, missions or decisions
    -Any one who can help with flags or coat of arms for medieval countries
    -All ideas and suggestions are welcome

Credits
    CanOmer for allowing me to use his beautiful map
    dharper for creating the Dei Gratia mod
    Keinwyn for converting Dei Gratia to DW
    andersonm for the KOJ mod link http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Jerusalem-Mod and for helping me fix my Ai event
    ADP101 for Indian History links
    Last edited by starwarsfan541; 17-08-2011 at 18:34.

Quote Originally Posted by starwarsfan541 View Post
    a strong Chinese Dynasty wishing to reinstate the old Persian Empire
    Wait what? o.0 I hope that's a typo...

Anyway cool idea for a mod, but remember that more countries with factions = greater strain on the system. I think 'factions for most countries' might be a little excessive...

Quote Originally Posted by Enamelity View Post
    Anyway cool idea for a mod, but remember that more countries with factions = greater strain on the system. I think 'factions for most countries' might be a little excessive...
    I believe that factions have great potential if they are used correctly and are not game breaking like Mings. The issue with Mings was they all crippled you in one way or another, in my mod, my experimental version currently has six which have pros and cons but are not crippiling or too powerful to off balance the game.

Also,
    Quote Originally Posted by Enamelity View Post
    Wait what? o.0 I hope that' a typo...
    Thats not a typo, at one point the Tang dynasty did attempt to send an expeditionary force to dislodge Persia from the Caliphate. Another reason for it is I love Sassanid Persia.

I have plenty of information and links compiled about Indian history. Just give me a time period and I'll send you some helpful links

Quote Originally Posted by starwarsfan541 View Post
    I believe that factions have great potential if they are used correctly and are not game breaking like Mings. The issue with Mings was they all crippled you in one way or another, in my mod, my experimental version currently has six which have pros and cons but are not crippiling or too powerful to off balance the game.
    Factions do have great modding potential, but I meant 'strain on the system' as in slowing down the computer/game. Drastically.

I love Sassanid Persia too but I don't think it's realistic for China to reestablish a Persian empire. Anyway it's your mod, and it would be really fun...

The faction thing is more experimental and mainly meant for the major powers, the whole Sassanid thing is just so that I can play real Sassanid Persia instead of a revolted Zoroastrian Persia with all of the Islamic names.
    Last edited by starwarsfan541; 26-07-2011 at 03:34.

Quote Originally Posted by ADP101 View Post
    I have plenty of information and links compiled about Indian history. Just give me a time period and I'll send you some helpful links
    It would be approximately 1100 Ad to 1400 AD

Oooh, a specifically built Zoroastrian Persia? Yummy. I'm swamped at the moment but will send you some ideas for Zoroastrian events/decisions if I get a chance.

If you go through with this, India will need some pretty interesting events/dynamics. At 1100 AD India will be completely Hindu with some portions of Bihar and Bengal being Buddhist. Muhammad of Ghor invaded India in the late 1100s creating the Islamic belt (Delhi-Bengal area) The Buddhist diminished in Bihar and Bengal. After that Islamic Sultanates popped up in various regions of India. However, the majority of the population remained Hindu throughout this entire time period. So maybe reduce the missionary chance for the Indian region?

Here are the links:
    EDIT: these seemed to have changed, heres the base page http://www.columbia.edu/itc/mealac/p...val_index.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_of_Ghor Muhammad of Ghor himself
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...s_of_India.png Cultural Regions
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_kingdoms_of_India Kingdoms in this timeframe

Go crazy
    Last edited by ADP101; 17-08-2011 at 18:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoumen View Post
    Oooh, a specifically built Zoroastrian Persia? Yummy. I'm swamped at the moment but will send you some ideas for Zoroastrian events/decisions if I get a chance.
    I plan on having two specific Zoroastrian Persias plus the turkic Ziyarids innorthern Persia which start as Zoroastrian-
    -A restored Sassanid Dynasty
    -Another Tag will have cores across central and northern Persia which will replace the Islamic Persia cores

Quote Originally Posted by ADP101 View Post
    f you go through with this, India will need some pretty interesting events/dynamics. At 1100 AD India will be completely Hindu with some portions of Bihar and Bengal being Buddhist. Muhammad of Ghor invaded India in the late 1100s creating the Islamic belt (Delhi-Bengal area) The Buddhist diminished in Bihar and Bengal. After that Islamic Sultanates popped up in various regions of India. However, the majority of the population remained Hindu throughout this entire time period. So maybe reduce the missionary chance for the Indian region?

Here are the links:
    http://dsal.uchicago.edu/reference/s...tml?object=069 975-1200
    http://dsal.uchicago.edu/reference/s...tml?object=070 1000 ish
    http://dsal.uchicago.edu/reference/s...tml?object=074 1200 ish
    http://dsal.uchicago.edu/reference/s...tml?object=075 1300s
    http://dsal.uchicago.edu/reference/s...tml?object=183 major powers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_of_Ghor Muhammad of Ghor himself
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...s_of_India.png Cultural Regions
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_kingdoms_of_India Kingdoms in this timeframe

Go crazy
    Thanks for the information.

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

all sounding very interesting - keep up the good work.
    Is there already any donwloadable version ready? I would very much like to try it out...
    “And remember, no matter where you go - there you are. ”
    - Confucius

Not yet, I am still trying to add some localization and other minor things before I release it, I will probably release a version over the weekend.
    (Stronger Sliders + Ideas, Unique Missions + Decisions, Extended Timeline, DAO Map and More!)

A High Middle Ages Mod from the End of the first Crusade to 1821

I have one last event I want to change and I will be uploading the working alpha version tonight.
    When the mod is uploaded it will be in .rar format and called the Age of Faith, inside the .rar the folder will be called Dei Gratia due to me being unable to find all of the places in the interface that need to be changed.
    Last edited by starwarsfan541; 04-08-2011 at 03:49.
    (Stronger Sliders + Ideas, Unique Missions + Decisions, Extended Timeline, DAO Map and More!)

Alpha version .3 is available to download on file front.
    Changlog
    V.03
    -Now available to dowload
    -Added Decisions and events for a Zoroastrian Persia
    -Added the events I created from the Mission Overhaul mod
    -Added two Ai only events for France and England to stop the two of them from partitioning Iberia while the Almohads collapse
    -Increased the visibility of the Chinese tech group countries
    -Other odds and ends bug fixing
    Hope u enjoy.

Does anyone have any comments yet?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

This sounds cool, but I wold like to see some screens before I try it

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

looks really good just a few minor problems (historical inaccuracies actually) you seem to have left out the 4th crusade and its aftermath. any plans to add it in? it would probably take (in addition to the added tags) a little tweaking of the map and maybe adding a province or two in the area around the sea of marmara.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

You really should rename your files to something besides Dei Gratia.

Quote Originally Posted by kylefight11 View Post
    looks really good just a few minor problems (historical inaccuracies actually) you seem to have left out the 4th crusade and its aftermath. any plans to add it in? it would probably take (in addition to the added tags) a little tweaking of the map and maybe adding a province or two in the area around the sea of marmara.
    Yes I plan to add a fourth crusade bookmark and event.

You should change the name to something besides Dei Gratia
    The reason it is called Dei Gratia is because the interface files need to be changed before I can change the mod name, but it is on my list.

Also, if someone could tell me how to get screenshots in window 7 I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks for the comments.

Samnite-obsessed Italian Nomad93's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3

Coptic Egypt,huh?Nice.

A suggestion:make Mongols able to become(somehow)Nestorian Christians.I know many Mongol tribes were Nestorians,and Gengis Khan himself was practicing his own Nestorian-Tengriist syncreticist cult.That would be awesome.Angry horse archers practicing an Assyrian religion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast