Still waiting for the 1.07 patch to arrive on GG :(

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jaolhe

Sergeant
122 Badges
May 21, 2001
Visit site
  • 500k Club
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Magicka
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Elven Legacy Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
Steam released the 1.07 patch two weeks ago already. The improvements seem nice:

---------------------------------
The major 1.07 changes include:
Speed optimization
Fixed misspellings
Trade Quest spawning fixed
“Knights and Prophecies” Objective spawn requirements changed
Bug at “Enchanted Spring” Victory Location fixed
"King Arthur – The Druids" now appears in the DLC tab of the game
5 additional autosave slots inserted (saves the game after any battle up to five battles)
General quest starting bug fixed
Fixed Ctrl+G issue
Sir Damas’ invisible horse removed
Unused “Subtitles” checkbox in the Options removed
Spectre, Soul Hunters and Ghost warriors graphics bug fixed
Artifacts created by the “Artisans Workshop” in the Stronghold will always go to an active Knight
Other minor bug fixes
-------------------------------

There's still nothing available at GamersGate. There was an official message on the support board of another online retailer (Beamdog.Com): their support person told that he had been in contact with Paradox and they told him the 1.07 is only for Steam because it affects Steam issues.
You can see the thread here:

http://www.beamdog.com/forum/forums/general-discussion/topics/there-are-no-keys

Well, as you can see from the list above, that's utter bullshit.

So what gives Paradox, where is our patch for GamersGate version?!?

I hope they don't shaft us Gamersgate customers again on the update. If they don't want to support anything but Steam, then Neocore is out of future considerations due to dropping support based on retailer.

This is the second chance I've given them, hopefully I'm not let down again.

So there have been problems with Neocore supporting their titles for non-Steam users before? Please tell us about it. I'd like to clarify that it's the collection edition (that seems to be the only KA title still available from GG) I was talking about.

Neocore_Linda posted in another thread here about the 1.07 patch so I guess she won't let us down, GamersGate being 'the official' Paradox distribution channel after all.

I have no idea what was meant by that post. Paradox has posted patches for their other games at GG. I guess the devs only work on the Steam version since they don't seem to code & test in anything else that doesn't have Steam's client included.

I'm pretty disappointed with such an M.O.

I have no idea what was meant by that post. Paradox has posted patches for their other games at GG. I guess the devs only work on the Steam version since they don't seem to code & test in anything else that doesn't have Steam's client included.

I'm pretty disappointed with such an M.O.

You admit you have no idea and yet feel free to pass judgement. It's the difference between having direct control (Steam) and not having direct control (publisher eg Paradox).

Neocore has nothing to do with it, the patch is there whenever the publisher says it is. It's pretty simple and very common, ATI has their hands tied similarly with laptop graphic cards - the manufacturer is the one who okays drivers so even though they have a new driver if HP doesn't say they have it then they can't provide it.

I guess I'm glad I bought it on Steam, I usually buy Paradox stuff on GG but this is is an odd Paradox game with no modding ;)

Hi guys,

I got an encouraging response from Paradox support:

-----------------------

Hello ******,

We are sorry this and are working on the issue. I thank you for your continued support in our products, the patch will be up as soon as possible.

Regards,
Simon

-----------------------

I hope they really take the matter seriously and also release further patches stand-alone if and when they are released...

You admit you have no idea and yet feel free to pass judgement. It's the difference between having direct control (Steam) and not having direct control (publisher eg Paradox).

Neocore has nothing to do with it, the patch is there whenever the publisher says it is. It's pretty simple and very common, ATI has their hands tied similarly with laptop graphic cards - the manufacturer is the one who okays drivers so even though they have a new driver if HP doesn't say they have it then they can't provide it.

I guess I'm glad I bought it on Steam, I usually buy Paradox stuff on GG but this is is an odd Paradox game with no modding ;)

I pass judgement because I've gone through exactly this before, including contacting Paradox about it. They replied that it is Neocore who should be updating non-Steam versions but they have "problems" doing it.

I didn't just jump in here to take a couple swipes and leave. I've been waiting for updates for a few months and have gone through all the channels. I have no idea why Kate has told me that we would get an update for Collection on Gamersgate, yet here I am once again being told it's not going to happen and they're not doing it.

How would you feel? Doesn't matter.. this is the second time, so they fooled me twice. Will not happen again. Obviously there are serious communication problems involved.

I'm sorry for the frothing, but it's been frustrating waiting for something that may not come (again).

I'm not sure what the issue has been lately, but I've forwarded the email from Paradox support and maybe some good can come out of more interaction on the subject.

Still, I can only repeat what Linda said before. :(
Neocore Games is the developer of King Arthur. We can only upload our new patches directly to Steam. Every other distributor is in touch with our publisher, so the decisions about when and how to release patches aren’t up to us. Please contact Paradox Interactive at support@paradoxplaza.com.

Question: Would it be possible for you to post a download link to the 1.07 patch here on the forum? That's what Paradox does with their own games; the 5.1 patch for Europa Universalis 3 still hasn't appeared on GamersGate.

Question: Would it be possible for you to post a download link to the 1.07 patch here on the forum? That's what Paradox does with their own games; the 5.1 patch for Europa Universalis 3 still hasn't appeared on GamersGate.

The problem with posting a patch here, which I would prefer anyway, is that they would have to remove all the Steam-requiring software (drm) from the program & update that they work on. Which, it seems, is what Paradox does for them?

The Gamersgate Collection version still has the Steam files inside it, but evidentally somebody disabled them.. whomever is supposed to be doing the non-Steam updates. I find it a bit amusing that since Neocore creates a Steam version, somebody in the chain has to "crack" the Steam files so that it'll work with regular installs.

Hi

Due to a number of technical issues (some of you have experienced them first hand), we have decided that moving forward, King Arthur will only be patched via Steam. I realize this might not be ideal for many of you but we are hoping that by offering all existing customers their own copy of King Arthur on Steam, we will lessen the inconvenience somewhat. Any DLCs you own will of course also be made available to you in the same manner.

We will keep you posted on the progress and when the portals have made the switch to the Steam version.

/M

Last edited:
Hi

Due to a number of technical issues (some of you have experienced them first hand), we have decided that moving forward, King Arthur will only be patched via Steam. I realize this might not be ideal for many of you but we are hoping that by offering all existing customers their own copy of King Arthur on Steam, we will lessen the inconvenience somewhat. Any DLCs you own will of course also be made available to you in the same manner.

We will keep you posted on the progress and when the portals have made the switch to the Steam version.

/M

Well, I guess this sounds reasonable if going Steam is the only viable option. Any estimate on the timetable for us GG and Impulse customers getting our Steam KA licenses? How does this work in practice for people both with existing Steam accounts and those who don't yet have one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

we are working out the details with the various portals. We might have to do differently depending on download site, will get back to you as soon as we have details for each one of them. Thanks for your patience.

/Mattias

So it seems Neocore has been Steaminated after all.

I wonder which other titles published by Paradox will have a similar fate.

Hopefully no others. It sounds as if what I'd been guessing all along was true, so this will have no bearing on other Paradox games.

While I use Steam on occasion, I prefer not to. But if I can get my key (or a new one) to use, and get updated on Steam, then I'll be satisfied, and stop making all the noise. There are some who refuse to use Steam, though. It was the reason I bought KA from Gamersgate.. so I didn't have to. So there may be some others who aren't happy.

Good to see a resolution of the situation in the works. :D