• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, this war is concluded. Now you have an excellent position which should allow you to attack the Allies on the broad front. American IC looks scary, though. You should conquer Philippines, Hong Kong and Guam first, invite Siam to your alliance and attack Burma and India.

Finally, this war is concluded. Now you have an excellent position which should allow you to attack the Allies on the broad front. American IC looks scary, though. You should conquer Philippines, Hong Kong and Guam first, invite Siam to your alliance and attack Burma and India.

If now very weakly defended, India would be very hard to take. My Army is in fact still small and I have very broad frontline. Also, I think that Australia would be better target than India ? What do you think ? Australia is more dangerous to my southern flank. I also fear that Americans could use atomic bombs from there.

If now very weakly defended, India would be very hard to take. My Army is in fact still small and I have very broad frontline. Also, I think that Australia would be better target than India ? What do you think ? Australia is more dangerous to my southern flank. I also fear that Americans could use atomic bombs from there.

I'd blitz AUS the moment you declare war, or at the very least, in the same month. If you can catch them unaware with a few landings, AUS can be very easy (and very hard if you frak up). On the other hand, they have low IC and partisans.

India, on the other hand, has realtively few beaches, very few VPs, good base IC (35+,IIRC), and no partisans at all.

While preventing a bulidup in AUS is a good idea, India is by faaar a fatter target. And potentially opens up the route to the oil in Iraq, and can grant you the Suez.

I'd blitz AUS the moment you declare war, or at the very least, in the same month. If you can catch them unaware with a few landings, AUS can be very easy (and very hard if you frak up). On the other hand, they have low IC and partisans.

India, on the other hand, has realtively few beaches, very few VPs, good base IC (35+,IIRC), and no partisans at all.

While preventing a bulidup in AUS is a good idea, India is by faaar a fatter target. And potentially opens up the route to the oil in Iraq, and can grant you the Suez.

Well but I am worrying about overextension. If I enter India and try to go for Iran I will leave a lot unprotected beaches behind me which the Allies could easily exploit. I will enter Burma but for India I am not sure.

Well but I am worrying about overextension. If I enter India and try to go for Iran I will leave a lot unprotected beaches behind me which the Allies could easily exploit. I will enter Burma but for India I am not sure.

Thats what the Chinese INF spam is for:)

By the way, whats the IC of China?

A great victory has been won,
half a million men are gone...

Great job. Hopefully the Chinese units will be useful in combat.

Depends on how fast can you conquer them. I think India could be crushed relatively quickly - you can lure the British to establish a front there, and then land forces behind them, encircle, and destroy them. Just don't fight in the jungle, that's... not healthy :) Since you have a land connection, you can use the Chinese units as cannon fodder. If India falls, you'll have another powerful puppet to use against the Allies, and it will make it easier to assist the Germans in the Middle East.

On the other hand, there is the danger of overextension when you need to focus on the Pacific, so invading Australia is a good plan too. Well, the decision is yours, as always ;)

Thats what the Chinese INF spam is for:)

By the way, whats the IC of China?

Well they are currently rebuilding their industries from scratch, for now 9 IC but it will be much more soon. I also decided to return few core provinces to China. They are pretty useless to me but Chinese could produce more divisions for me using those ICs:)

A great victory has been won,
half a million men are gone...

Great job. Hopefully the Chinese units will be useful in combat.

Depends on how fast can you conquer them. I think India could be crushed relatively quickly - you can lure the British to establish a front there, and then land forces behind them, encircle, and destroy them. Just don't fight in the jungle, that's... not healthy :) Since you have a land connection, you can use the Chinese units as cannon fodder. If India falls, you'll have another powerful puppet to use against the Allies, and it will make it easier to assist the Germans in the Middle East.

On the other hand, there is the danger of overextension when you need to focus on the Pacific, so invading Australia is a good plan too. Well, the decision is yours, as always ;)

For India, I guess I will use let's see and decide tactic. I have to fight in the jungle, they are everywhere, Malaya, Burma, Dutch East Indies and Philippines.

Chinese will not be able to provide good amount of troops within 2 years I think. Their country is completely ruined and have very small Army now.

Protecting AUS will be a logistical nightmare. Remember that you will have to protect Phillippines and Dutch East Indies, too - both are more valuable than AUS (PHI is close to Japan, close to China and it only has a couple of provinces, while India is rich and has much MP). India is connected by land with the rest of Asia and you always have a puppet China which will assist you there. In Australia, most of valuable land is in the south and there are many islands everywhere, so it will be easy for the Allies to cut you off.

I expect that you will have to take the Hawaii Islands and create a strong outpost there. This should reduce the need to protect the inner regions of your Empire.

Chinese will not be able to provide good amount of troops within 2 years I think. Their country is completely ruined and have very small Army now.
If the Pacific War in the DH is even remotely realistic, then you will need every div the Chinese will give you.

Japanese life was harsh ;)

Sadly its not possible to remove airfields from provinces, else your problems would be solved rather quickly.

PART XXXVIII: ALLIANCE WITH THAILAND

BRmw9.jpg

Thai Prime Minister Plaek Pibulsonggram

August, 1941

Technological Researches

kAiha.jpg

PM Tojo decided to return some industrial regions to Chinese State. We can't use the factories there efficiently due to strong protests from local population. PM Tojo believes that Chinese State may benefit from these factories and consequently we may benefit from Chinese production. Chinese President Wang Jingwei was delighted by the decision of Japan and promised Chinese loyalty to Japan for good.

kuL2z.jpg

Minister Change

PM Tojo replaced head of Kempeitai Yuitsu with Shiro.

gG35J.jpg

Situation of the Economy

After the conclusion of war in China, Our economy returned back to peace time production.

FVmvg.jpg

Situation of the Chinese Economy

Currently, Wang Jingwei's government is busy with taking control of former occupied territories. Gangs took control of these regions when our forces retreated.

01ub7.jpg

Peru demanded territorial concessions from Ecvador. Under threat of invasion, Ecvador yielded.

SLk5g.jpg

Thai Prime Minister Phubin finally agreed to sign Great East Asian Pact. PM Tojo promised territorial changes with Indochina in favor of Thailand.

AnSMn.jpg

010gl.jpg

Japanese forces began to enter into Thailand. Thailand is now effectively under our control. Thai government accepted Japanese military officers to review and reorganize Thailand Armed Forces.

rXOdp.jpg

PM Tojo gave Battambang, Siem Reap and Phnom Penh provinces of Indochina to Thailand in exchange for Thai entry into Greater East Asian Pact.

tQNP5.jpg

Technological Researches

NWy4w.jpg

September, 1941

Japanese Greater East Asia after the entry of Thailand :

bvWAw.jpg

Germany declared independence of Croatia in the Balkans.

vOw9E.jpg

In Europe, Greece surrendered to the Axis.

GujH5.jpg

October, 1941

Imperial Conference, Tokyo

PM Tojo : His Majesty, Generals and Ministers of Empire of Japan, today our ambassador in Washington informed us that there is no way to make an agreement with United States. Americans want us to give up all our possessions in the East Asia. Ambassador informed that Roosevelt wants the evacuation of Indochina and China as pre-condition for agreement between United States and Japan. Apparently, there is no way to reach an agrement without sacrificing our honour and fruits of holy war in China. I ordered the ambassador to continue the negotiations and to keep suggestions to buy more time. In this interval, We should consider military option and make preparations for war with United States.

Emperor Hirohito : Prime Minister, I undersand the difficult situation we are in, but do you believe that we can defeat Americans ?

PM Tojo : His Majesty, Americans have unlimited amount of resources and production capacity. But these will not be important in our operation. If we make the first strike, then we can sink US Pacific Fleet and then could build defensive perimeter line that couldn't be breached by any enemy. After we persuade Americans that they can't penetrate into Asia again, we can reach an agreement with them.

Emperor Hirohito : General Tojo, Could our Navy sink US Pacific Fleet ? Also, Wouldn't war with United States also mean war with United Kingdom ?

PM Tojo : His Majesty, Admiral Yamamoto planned a surprise attack on Hawaii to sink US Pacific Fleet in a single attack. If we manage to sink US Fleet in Hawaii, The entire Pacific will be ours. Admiral Yamamoto will reveal the details of this operation. For United Kingdom, you are right His Majesty, but all British efforts concentrated on North Africa and Europe for now. Our intelligence sources verified that Malaya, Burma and other colonial possessions are weakly defended. Royal Navy is too busy with Italian and German Navies. I believe that we could capture Malaya, Burma and Singapore easily. Our alliance with Thailand improved our strategic position much to attack British possessions. Dutch East Indies have important oil reserves, if we capture Sumatra, Borneo and Java Islands, our oil problem could be improved.

Emperor Hirohito : General Tojo, I want to see detailed military plans of these operations. War with United States endangers the very existence of our Empire, I don't want to rush to war as I did in 1937.

PM Tojo : As you order His Majesty, I and Admiral Yamamoto are going to present detailed military plans to you at the end of this month. In this interval, we can still observe the developments in Washington.

Technological Researches

CwR2w.jpg

7iwhO.jpg

While secret prepations for war continues, PM Tojo requested detailed analysis of military strength of Greater East Asian Pact.

Land

gbNzn.jpg

Air

x0VkW.jpg

Sea

2Ar6f.jpg

British Army landed at Greece a week ago and captured Athens yesterday. In North Africa, Italian Front collapsed completely, entire Italian North African Army surrendered.

CuvpI.jpg

Bloody Italians, eh. Hopefully that front can be salvaged so British troops are still tied up there. All in all, the Axis seems to be having a bad time. Although, if you were Britain, the opposite would be true :rolleyes:

War with the Allies is inevitable. Looks like you'll be able to launch the Pearl Harbour strike in December 1941 :) Hopefully the German invasion of Russia doesn't fail too miserably.

Just the head? :D

How many cores and claims does China-Nanking have?

Sorry for my bad english but I didn't understand your joke, I guess I made terrible grammar mistake :) ?

China-Nanking has cores on all his territories except for Nanping ( I don't know why ) plus the territories I took from them. China-Nanking is quite useless ally if you ask me. 30 dissent hit due to signing peace with me, 30 percent IC hit due to puppet situation and all their ICs are being built from scratch slowly, very slowly indeed.

Wow, Serbia already released?
That's... unusual, but interesting :D

Yes I was surprised too.

War with the Allies is inevitable. Looks like you'll be able to launch the Pearl Harbour strike in December 1941 :) Hopefully the German invasion of Russia doesn't fail too miserably.

Yes, I will attack on December 7 going as possible as historical. Germany is going to attack in 1942 I guess. May be Soviets will attack who knows :)

Got to say I am quite impressed with the quality and the frequency of your updates, keep up with your great work.

Got to say I am quite impressed with the quality and the frequency of your updates, keep up with your great work.

I second that. Too many good AARs just end after a few updates, usually when things start getting interesting.

Keep up the good work, makif130289 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.