• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PART XXIX: BATTLE OF CHONGQING

z3n0z.jpg

Chongqing being bombed by Japanese bombers

March, 1940

Battle of Fuling continues with the arrival of our 3 mountain divisions.

QNJ92.jpg

We defended Fuling successfully. Our offensive against mountanious Yicheng region was stopped due to Chinese offensive from Nanyang.

omtsI.jpg

Battle of Hechi

6lmUP.jpg

Unit Deployment

A squadron of Ki-27 fighters was deployed in Hiroshima.

bU0fh.jpg

Technological Researches

4VnWV.jpg

Battle of Guiyang

BpriP.jpg

Technological Researches

Om6Dr.jpg

Battle of Bose

We launched offensive against Bose. Our aim is to advance towards Debao and cut the entire Southern Army of China.

IHsim.jpg

April, 1940

Our offensive to Bose was halted due to increasing Chinese resistance. We launched offensive against Zunyi. We are slowly enveloping Chongqing.

rTN4w.jpg

Unit Deployment

2 marine divisions were deployed in Nagasaki.

H29jD.jpg

Battle of Nanning

cOSkD.jpg

Battle of Chongqing

We finally began assulting the city of Chongqing. Chinese launched offensive against Zunyi to divert our attention.

Xw9yO.jpg

Attack against Zunyi was stopped. Battle of Chongqing continues. All our 8 medium bomber squadrons joined the battle.

YUUF0.jpg

May, 1940

Chongqing was captured. Chiang Kai-Shek and other Chinese leaders fled to neighbouring city of Chengdu. All 5 Chinese armaments plants in the city were captured. Great celebration ceremonies held in Japan for this victory. The foreign news agencies also gave the capture of the city as shocking news and desginated it as the end of Chiang Kai-Shek's resistance.

U2Ctr.jpg

Overall advance as of May, 1940

yqKc2.jpg

The Chinese capital is in sight and your troops seem to be in a good state. Moreover, you now have 5000+ MP. Now you need to expand the size of your navy and airforce!

Does he really? Most combat will still occur on land - Indonesia, India, perhaps also Australia and the Soviet Union. He only needs an adequate Navy and airforce to keep the Americans from reaching him.

His land endeavours will need to be supported by sea. Amphibious invasions will come in handy in many places, as the AI will be focusing on the frontline. His convoy routes will need to be protected and his best defence against Allied invasion is to prevent the Allied troops from reaching the shores. The Americans will gradually get more powerful with the passing years and if he doesn't have the proper navy and airforce, then they will dominate him early on.

PART XXX: OIL EMBARGO

FmeC8.jpg

Franklin Roosevelt, the Architect of Oil Embargo

May, 1940

Nanning was captured. We launched offensive against Debao to isolate Southern Chinese Army and completely cut China from the seas.

ZRU9M.jpg

Technological Researches

dLKE5.jpg

In Europe, German Army began to pour into Luxemburg, Belgium and the Netherlands. German Fuhrer Adolf Hitler decided to attack France and turn the balance of the war into Germany's favor. We are carefully observing the developments in Europe.

NPOtb.jpg

Our offensive against Debeo failed. Our trucks bogged down in the jungles of Debeo. General Higashikuni stopped the offensive and instead decided to attack Pinxiang.

hjlLl.jpg

Battle of Yibin

67Gef.jpg

Today, US President Roosevelt delivered an ultimatum to Japan. President Roosevelt threatened to cut oil supply to Japan if Japan doesn't withdraw its troops from China.

Imperial Conference, Tokyo

PM Kiichiro : His Majesty, dear Ministers and Generals, as you all know, today US President Roosevelt threatened us to pass oil embargo against us. He expects us to withdraw from China. After the fall of Chongqing, Roosevelt realized that there is no way to prevent Chinese defeat and he is threatening us with oil embargo. Withdrawal from China is not an option because that would mean the humiliation to our Emperor and would destroy all we have worked on for years. We are about to make Chinese kneel down and can't bow to big head Americans. Japanese people are ready to go through hardships for the honour of Emperor. I, as Prime Minister of Japan, say, no to Roosevelt's ridiculous threat.

Emperor Hirohito: Prime Minister, here you spoke what every patriotic Japanese man has in his mind. We cannot accept American demands. But, what is your plan after the embargo ? We will lose our primary oil supply, how will we deal with this situation ?

PM Kiichiro : His Majesty, we should first defeat Chinese and force them to peace. When new Japanese friendly government is installed in China, we could negotiate with Americans for the revoke of embargo. For now, our oil stockpile will be enough for our operations. I also gave orders to the Navy to reduce exercises and hence oil consumption. We just need time to defeat Chinese.

R1HJ0.jpg

Following the refusal of American demands, US President Roosevelt approved oil embargo against Japan.

mrYDi.jpg

General Higashikuni stopped Pinxiang offensive. Chinese resistance is very tough in the region. Troops were ordered to rest.

4kmRj.jpg

In Europe, German Army invaded Belgium and the Netherlands. In Britain Chamberlain was forced to resign. Churchill became new British Prime Minister.

wB74V.jpg

Yibin was captured. Battle of Anshun has begun.

9QUsD.jpg

June, 1940

We launched offensive against Yulin. Aim is to increase the frontage with Pinxiang region.

ywIHu.jpg

Battle of Luzhou

gmU3x.jpg

Technological Researches

Q8SfP.jpg

Winter war has ended with Finns accepting Soviet demands.

pkHHl.jpg

Luzhou was captured. We launched offensive against Chengdu. There are 3 factories in the city. Chinese launched counter-offensive against Luzhou.

ATDJV.jpg

Yilin was captured, Second Battle of Pinxiang has begun.

FnJzc.jpg

Aircraft carrier IJN Hiryu was commissioned in Nagoya Dockyard.

7V887.jpg

Foreign Exchange Shortage

Foreign exchange reserves of Japanese Central Bank was depleted. Government is trying to make some trade deals to increase reserves but since the oil embargo it is much harder to make trade deals with the Western countries.

u0oY2.jpg

Armaments Program

zfEMs.jpg

So, should I wait for 5 hours to make another update ?

Yes. The loophole was fixed two or three months ago. Reread the AARland Rules.

Make better work of blotting out the swastikas next time. In some pictures they're still half visible.

Otherwise good AAR.

PART XXXI:VIENNA DICTATE

38vQp.jpg

Hungarian Army entering Northern Transylvania

July, 1940

Offensive against Luzhou was repulsed. Battle of Chengdu continues.

kh65v.jpg

Technological Researches

BOtTY.jpg

Pinxiang was finally captured. We began to reduce the pocket from Jiangmen.

Zjjki.jpg

Jiangmen was captured. Battle of Naoming has begun.

Dv71e.jpg

Chengdu was captured. Chinese still refuses to sue for peace, it seems that US oil embargo encouraged Chiang Kai-Shek to continue resistance. We launched offensive against Kunming. The city contains 5 factories and is the most important industrial city still under KMT control.

D1BQR.jpg

After a long time of inaction, we finally went to offensive in the North.

R25eE.jpg

Battle of Debao

grTDn.jpg

Our forces has begun to assult Hainan Island which is the last Chinese controlled region in the Southern China.

42WVH.jpg

August, 1940

We captured Kunming today. Chinese industrial capacity went down to 9.

eAnVx.jpg

Battle of Wanxian

JY2Fv.jpg

Technological Researches

GsGrp.jpg

VGU7v.jpg

Battle of Datong

kSlnT.jpg

September, 1940

Southern China was cleared from NRA. Our offensive against Debao failed.

WscYm.jpg

Overall Advance

i0cXW.jpg

Vienna Dictate

Romania ceded Northern Transylvania to Hungary under strong German pressure. The agreement giving the region to Hungary was signed in Austria in the presence of German Foreign Minister Von Ribbentrop.Loss of substantial amount of territory caused a coup in Romania. Field Marshal Antonescu became dictator of country.

dnzHO.jpg

Romania ceded Dobrich region to Bulgaria. Bulgaria lost the territory in the Great War.

DlJOm.jpg

Technological Researches

rk8lZ.jpg

Unit Deployment

IJN Junyo was commissioned in Nagoya Dockyard. 1 new garrison division and 1 fighter squadron are ready for deployment.

5H7AT.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe you should switch to a politically correct version of the flag in game, it must be annoying to censor the screenshots.

Anyway, China is clearly collapsing, finally. Do you plan to fully occupy it, or puppetize it?

Last edited:
Maybe you should switch to a politically correct version of the flag in game, it must be annoying to censor the screenshots.

No, then I would feel it necessary to change Tibetan flag as well because it is banned in People's Republic of China. I will censor every german flag in this AAR thus obeying forum rules, but I won't harm my personal game experince due to German censoring laws.

If I read your AAR correctly, you intend to puppet China, right?

What do you need GAR for, then? Why do you still build them?

Coastal defence duty, most likely...?

If I read your AAR correctly, you intend to puppet China, right?

What do you need GAR for, then? Why do you still build them?

They are for Pacific War. I will capture American islands in the Pacific, I don't want to leave my precious marine divisions on these tiny islands. When I capture an island, I will station a garrison division on it.

Guys, I am screwed in China. Look at requirements for peace :

VR6Px.jpg

My Army needs to be %10 larger than Chinese Army. Currently, they have 179 divisions and I have 105 divisions. This means that I need to destroy 84 more Chinese divisions. Ending the war in 1940 became dream.

Then focus on expanding your military while slowly pushing the enemy in China.

It would take years to achieve this ratio without destoying bulk of Chinese forces. The problem is that I pushed Chinese into mountainous regions, It is impossible to make big encirclements in this terrain.

I think I will make strategic withdrawals in some places and try to eradicate advancing Chinese with my bombers.

Status
Not open for further replies.