• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PART LII:WAR WITH SOVIET UNION

FW0Vr.jpg

Japanese artillery shelling Vladivostok

September, 1942

Technological Researches

TFfKR.jpg

October, 1942

Meeting Between Yoshio Nishina and PM Tojo, Tokyo

PM Tojo : Dr. Nishina, I was informed that you want to talk about new weapon type by Lieutenant Yasuda.

Yoshio Nishina : Yes Mr. Prime Minister, I am talking about new type of extremely powerful explosive. Nuclear fission could be used to create such an explosive.

PM Tojo : Dr. Nishina, what could be the effect of single explosive ?

Yoshio Nishina : Mr. Prime Minister, don't confuse the powerful explosion that will be created with atomic reactions with conventional explosives. Such a weapon could turn the entire cities into ruin. I fear that Americans has already begun to work on such a project. We should also begin our research program.

PM Tojo : D.r Nishina, do you believe that such an explosive could be developed within decades ?

Yoshio Nishina : Not decades Mr. Prime Minister, I assure you that Americans could develop atomic explosives within few years.

PM Tojo : Well Dr. Nishina, I will provide you a labaratory and necessary resources to work on atomic explosives you mentioned. I want you to prepare detailed report about the feasibility of such a weapon. If our enemies are working on it, we should do the same.

ScluO.jpg

Finnish government surrendered to Soviet Union. Finnish communists declared Finnish Democratic Republic in Helsinki today.

dnrmt.jpg

1st and 2nd Marine Corps began to land at Attu Island to capture submarine bases located in the island.

Hcuzf.jpg

Technological Researches

xYLrO.jpg

General Yamashita launched offensive against Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal.

bykN2.jpg

After two weeks of fierce fighting, American forces defending Attu Island surrendered.

LZXeZ.jpg

General Yamashita stopped Kathmandu offensive due to stiff resistance. We launched offensive against Gwalior.

ormO8.jpg

November, 1942

Imperial Conference, Tokyo

PM Tojo : His Majesty, our preparations for war against Soviet Union is completed. 24 divisions were given under Kwantung Army. Also, 2nd Bomber Wing and 3rd Fighter Wing based at Northern Korea to support operations. General Higashikuni set up his headquarters in Jixi province. Our intelligence didn't detect any significant Soviet troop concentration near border. Our forces will cross the border with the declaration of war.

rUPyG.jpg

Emperor Hirohito : General Tojo, what is the situation along Sinkiang and Mongolian border ?

PM Tojo : His Majesty, we didn't deploy any Japanese forces along Sinkiang and Mongolian border. We left the defense of these borders to Chinese and Mengjiangi troops. General Higashikuni doesn't plan to make offensive from these regions.

MHH5I.jpg

Emperor Hirohito : General, What are our strategic ambitions ?

PM Tojo : His Majesty, We have two strategic aims : to destroy Soviet industry in Vladivostok and to capture oil fields in Northern Sakhalin. Other than this, We will launch tactical offensives along the border to divert Soviet divisions to the region. While we split Soviet Army into two, our German Allies will crush Soviet forces in the West. We will also continue our operations against Americans and British.

Emperor Hirohito : General, I feel very uneasy about this. I hope you will prove yourself correct about the Germans. When will the war commence ?

PM Tojo : His Majesty, War declaration will be delivered to Soviets in November 5.

November 5

Early this morning, war declaration was delivered to Soviet Foreign Minister Molotov.

D3aj2.jpg

Immediately after the war declaration, 1st and 9th Infantry Corps began to assault Vladivostok.

vHyE5.jpg

1st Marine Corps captured Norhern Sakhalin. 1st Motorized Corps is advancing towards Semyonovka to cut the rear of Soviet forces in Vladivostok.

XHGAB.jpg

1st Motorized Corps captured Semyonovka and was immediately sent to Mongolian Border for further operations there. Battle of Nakhodka has begun.

FPGNR.jpg

Technological Researches

htjS1.jpg

In India, our forces reached to Delhi.

ZDZax.jpg

2 Soviet divisions are making their last stand in Nikolsk.

q9qNu.jpg

Unit Deployment

1 squadron of G3M naval bombers were deployed in Nagasaki.

qoyeA.jpg

This is a potential Pearl Harbour 2! I'd suggest moving the bulk of your bombers to the Manchukuo and Mengjian regions to soften targets before they reach Japanese lines. In terms of doctrines, I think Japanese infantry is superior at this time...if you can secure every route to the Sea Of Japan (Outer Manchuria), that would be enough. Also, uniting Mengkukuo with Outer Mongolia and Tuva could pave the way for the state being able to cater for its own defence in a few years time. I wouldn't move past these lines...the Mongolian provinces are quite large and cover a lot of land. Also, a Soviet victory in Mongolia would result in them having a long journey to the attacked province...making it easy to push them out again.

If you're feeling ambitious though, Kazakhstan is a nice nation to liberate. I would puppet Sinkiang too.

I am not at war with Sinkiang, I am actually happy about this, I don't have to worry about this front. I will go for Mongolia and give it to Mengjiang. I don't plan to make strategic offensive only tactical offensives to divert Russians. However, if I go unopposed, I will keep advancing.

It seems that there are no Soviet forces nearby, so you can continue your attacks in the Far East. It's good to see that Vladivostok is important now, although it's probably impossible to sink Lend Lease convoys, right? Good progress in India. If the British don't bring reinforcements, it should be relatively easy to conquer the whole country.

It seems that there are no Soviet forces nearby, so you can continue your attacks in the Far East. It's good to see that Vladivostok is important now, although it's probably impossible to sink Lend Lease convoys, right? Good progress in India. If the British don't bring reinforcements, it should be relatively easy to conquer the whole country.

Russians have already begun to reinforce the region.

Now let's hope the German AI will get its act together and resume its advance to Moscow.

I am not at war with Sinkiang, I am actually happy about this, I don't have to worry about this front. I will go for Mongolia and give it to Mengjiang. I don't plan to make strategic offensive only tactical offensives to divert Russians. However, if I go unopposed, I will keep advancing.

The situation with Sinkiang could be temporary. Isn't a Leninist coup meant to fire 1943/44? Either way, if the Germans start taking land, I would go for a regime change.

PART LIII:FALL OF INDIA

J0xx4.jpg

Japanese Military Parade in Delhi

November, 1942

Soviets brought 7 divisions to Khabarovsk to counter our offensive.

bERYt.jpg

Battle of Khabarovsk continues. Marshes in the region is making advance extremely difficult.

IYNZx.jpg

Technological Researches

BOZ7F.jpg

General Higashikuni stopped the offensive against Khabarovsk. More reinforcements arrived to Blagoveschensk.

xoDVS.jpg

December, 1942

1st Motorized Corps is advancing towards Ulan Bator, the capital of Mongolia.

l3QXB.jpg

Situation in India :

knmw4.jpg

Second Battle of Kathmandu has begun.

ZF3iZ.jpg

2nd Marine Corps captured Dutch Harbor.

9T5Go.jpg

Battle of Bombay has begun.

82WWc.jpg

Admiral Mikawa spotted an enemy submarine group in Hess Rise. 2 submarines were sunk.

abboN.jpg

Soviets reinforced Ulan Bator and Arvaikheer.

tnyYy.jpg

January, 1943

General Higashikuni launched another offensive against Khabarovsk.

LCyX4.jpg

Technological Researches

mQs2k.jpg

Admiral Nagano sank 1 American destroyer near Hawaii.

yvAJi.jpg

13th Infantry Corps landed at Karachi.

kGstK.jpg

Today, British India surrendered unconditionally. Prime Minister Tojo promised independence to Indian nationalist Chandra Bose after the conclusion of the war.

0Ioye.jpg

Few days after Indian surrender, Nepal surrendered as well.

rQM1X.jpg

Overall Advance in Asia :

T5ULF.jpg

Last edited:
You're doing very well for yourself; that's a massive Japanese Empire!

I see your western border is safe, for now:)

Good.

Do you plan to push into Perisa-Iran-Suez, or do you fear overbeaching? Do the allies have many transports left?

Great job in India, and a good start against the Soviets. What country do the divisions attacking Arvaikheer belong to?

I see your western border is safe, for now:)

Good.

Do you plan to push into Perisa-Iran-Suez, or do you fear overbeaching? Do the allies have many transports left?

I don't want to overstretch more. Persia is neutral and I will respect this. My oil situation is not very well but I think with the oil wells from Burma, Dutch East Indies and North Sakhalin, my reserves will be enough for at least 2 years.

Now, I will send my entire Indian Army to Pearl Harbor and make landing on United States.

Great job in India, and a good start against the Soviets. What country do the divisions attacking Arvaikheer belong to?

3 divisions from China-Nanking and 1 division from Mengjiang. Winter seriously disrupted my offensive in Manchuria but I will speed up advance with the spring of 1943.

I see. I recognized Mengjiang, but the other flag made me think it was Croatia. XD

Last edited:
What do you plan to do with the wreckage of the British Raj?

It was almost too easy! It seems that after China is defeated, situation of Japan becomes much more comfortable. Especially British Raj seems to be too weak - maybe its wartime capabilities should be boosted?

What do you plan to do with the wreckage of the British Raj?

I will give them independence after the conclusion of war.

It was almost too easy! It seems that after China is defeated, situation of Japan becomes much more comfortable. Especially British Raj seems to be too weak - maybe its wartime capabilities should be boosted?

I don't think so. India fielded approximately 30 divisions. This is quite realistic for me. I destroyed most of British Raj's Army in Burma. In fact, I think Japanese may have very well invaded India as well if they had defeated China before.

India is a big country which has millions of men. Conquering it would be a massive logistical undertaking and it wasn't really less developed than China - if anything, it was MORE developed. Maybe the prize should be higher, but achieving it shouldn't be as easy as it was in this case.

A splendid Asian empire. Two of the most populous countries on Earth are now under Japan's control. Will you puppet India, or keep it occupied? Does it count as a colonial region where no partisan dissent occurs?

India is a big country which has millions of men. Conquering it would be a massive logistical undertaking and it wasn't really less developed than China - if anything, it was MORE developed. Maybe the prize should be higher, but achieving it shouldn't be as easy as it was in this case.

On the other hand, Japan could have easily exploited the anti-British nationalist sentiment among the Indians, promising them "independence" if they aid it in the process of "liberation". Losing India would be a major blow to the British morale I think, even though the real military and economic impacts on the British war effort in Europe would be minimal.

On the other hand, Japan could have easily exploited the anti-British nationalist sentiment among the Indians, promising them "independence" if they aid it in the process of "liberation". Losing India would be a major blow to the British morale I think, even though the real military and economic impacts on the British war effort in Europe would be minimal.
I agree. Actually, I think that Japan should have the ability to establish an Indian puppet even before India is conquered, if it hasn't the option already. The puppet shouldn't be perfectly stable (high dissent and maybe some non-core territory), but it should still be possible to establish it. This doesn't contradict the fact that India should be harder to conquer than it is now and that the campaign should last longer.

I think that losing India and all Far Eastern possessions would be a significant blow both to British morale and their war effort. They would no longer be able to transfer goods from the colonies to the UK and Australia and New Zealand would feel threatened by the Japanese and would probably withdraw all their troops from the West (or wouldn't send any had they already withdrew them earlier). Moreover, the Japanese would be very close to Persia, which would give them the possibility to threaten the Persian Lend-Lease route and capture Persian oil fields, should they really need them. The UK would also lose access to Indian manpower and I have no doubt that the government would have many troubles with explaining those defeats to the population. War support could potentially plummet.

Status
Not open for further replies.