• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you can now safely swtich to just containing the chinese. They have less IC than what they need to supply/reinforce themselves, and will ever so slowly starve out. 90% of the national provinces might be a better goal to aim for.

I would not build a single land division anymore if I were you.

I think you can now safely swtich to just containing the chinese. They have less IC than what they need to supply/reinforce themselves, and will ever so slowly starve out. 90% of the national provinces might be a better goal to aim for.

No, I have already achieved this goal by obtaining 90 percent of victory points. Conditions are :

Make your Army bigger than theirs by 10 percent
OR :

90 percent national provinces
90 percent victory points

I would not build a single land division anymore if I were you.

Yes, I won't build more land divisions other than garrisons and marines. So, you say that go to war with Allies without finishing China right ? This is an option, I think I may withdraw necessary amount of troops for operations in the Pacific.

Well, let's make something like a poll. Followers of this AAR, please state your opinion. Should I focus on finishing Chinese, or Should I hit Americans as early as possible ?

Finish the Chinese first. Even if they remain harmless for years to come, you'll be forced to keep large armies in China that could be put to a better use elsewhere (India, South-East Asia, Siberia, Australia?). Also, you'll have to physically occupy the rest of China, which will create persistent TC problems and the partisans will be a nuisance. Also, you'll receive no help from a puppet China.

Basing my suggestions on this picture, I recommend an overwhelming offensive directed towards the Tibetan border to cut off whatever remains of Chinese forces in the South. When that's accomplished, try to cut off the massive bulge in central China. If that's not enough to force a peace treaty, then you should go for total annexation.

Finish the Chinese first. Even if they remain harmless for years to come, you'll be forced to keep large armies in China that could be put to a better use elsewhere (India, South-East Asia, Siberia, Australia?). Also, you'll have to physically occupy the rest of China, which will create persistent TC problems and the partisans will be a nuisance. Also, you'll receive no help from a puppet China.

Basing my suggestions on this picture, I recommend an overwhelming offensive directed towards the Tibetan border to cut off whatever remains of Chinese forces in the South. When that's accomplished, try to cut off the massive bulge in central China. If that's not enough to force a peace treaty, then you should go for total annexation.

It is also in my mind to isolate the remnants of Southern Army by cutting them through French Indochina. For this purpose, I am making strat deployments now. But this is not as easy as seen. Terrain is mountanious and there are many impassable connections. Those impassable connections are why I didn't try it before.

How about taking ALL their VPs?

IMO you should test their strength first. If they are still strong enough to push you back and take IC provinces, then you should focus your efforts on eradicating them once and for all. On the other hand, if you find out that it's possible to contain them with relatively small number of troops, then you shouldn't be bothered about them.

PART XXXII:OPERATION ICHI-GO

8lJ8R.jpg

Japanese troops preparing for Operation Ichi-Go

September, 1940

We launched offensive against Huhehaote. Our last offensive against Datong failed, but we renewed the offensive in synchronous with offensive against Huhehaote.

zwdff.jpg

October, 1940

Wanxian was captured. We launched offensive against Shiyan. Chinese are attacking to Suizhou.

2ijD5.jpg

We captured Huehaote.

6NPcx.jpg

Battle of Bose

mHrJ8.jpg

Chinese are attacking Chengdu province. Chinese troops lack food, ammunition and other supplies.

s4ywI.jpg

Chinese captured Suizhou. We launched offensive against Nanyang to encircle Chinese forces in Suizhou.

Dbbg1.jpg

November, 1940

Battle of Hequ

6pVmx.jpg

We captured Nanyang. In Suizhou, at least 9 Chinese divisions were trapped.

ZvuHU.jpg

Chinese attack against Chengdu continues.

4NAL4.jpg

Chinese launched offensive against Nanyang to save their forces in Suizhou. We halted our assult on Suizhou to help our forces in Nanyang.

oDWQQ.jpg

Our offensive against Hequ failed due to extremely tough resistance. We launched new offensive against Luoyang. Furthermore, we stopped Chinese offensive against Nanyang and 10 Chinese divisions in Suizhou surrendered.

UlWoi.jpg

Imperial Conference, Tokyo

Emperor Hirohito : Members of the cabinet and Generals of Imperial Army, I gathered this extraordinary meeting to discuss situation China. Prime Minister promised me to finish the war in 1940, but it became apparent that this won't happen. Prime Minister Kiichiro, please explain the reasons why Chinese are still resisting ?

PM Kiichiro : Well, His Majesty, we captured all important targets we determined for 1940. We captured Chonngqing, Chengdu, Kunming and other important industrial cities. We cleared all coasts from Chinese forces. However, Chiang Kai-Shek still controls his forces and continues to fight. Support of President Roosevelt also persuaded many Chinese leaders to continue the fight, they believe that USA may intervene in the near future. After our operations this year, NRA is no more coherent fighting unit, Chinese are unable to supply their troops regularly. Because of this, Chinese forces switched to guerilla type warfare in the mountains. We destroyed so many divisions this year, but Chinese keep recruiting every Chinese male. We are advancing everywhere but our progress is very slow due to terrain and supply problems. It is very hard keep our troops supplied in inner China. Insurgents are sabotaging our supply trains all across China.

6qc1k.jpg

Emperor Hirohito : That's enough Prime Minister, do you have a plan to deal with Chinese. Could we offer Chiang a peace agreement ?

PM Kiichiro : His Majesty, we can't make peace with Chiang. He made it clear that he won't make peace with us unless we withdraw from China completely. We have to discredit him completely. For the plan, yes General Sugiyama prepared a plan to deal with Northern Chinese Army and Communist rebels. In the South we also plan to destroy remnants of Southern Chinese Army. General Sugiyama will reveal the details.

General Sugiyama : His Majesty, in the South we have already launched our offensive to cut Chinese forces in Gejiu. Chinese realized our ambitions and trying to evacuate the region but I am sure not all of them will be able to do so.

wU99P.jpg

General Sugiyama : In the North, Our plan is quite ambitious. We are planning to make huge encirclement from Huehaote to Chengdu and thus trapping Communists and Northern Chinese Army in the region. This operation is named as Operation Ichi-Go. We have already began offensive from Huehaote. Our forces in Chengdu has recently repulsed Chinese offensive and are currently reorganizing. Once this is complete, they will begin their offensive towards the North. Terrain is also generally favouble along our offensive directions.

ipI1M.jpg

Emperor Hirohito : General Sugiyama, do you think that this will put an end to Chinese resistance ?

General Sugiyama : His Majesty, if we succeed, we will have destroyed at least half of NRA's remaining forces. Even if Chinese continue to resist after this operation, it would be quite easy for us to eradicate remaining resistance.

Emperor Hirohito : Good general, I trust you and General Higashikuni to finish this bloody war.

December, 1940

Technological Researches

aHc3Q.jpg

Geiju was captured. Third Battle of Debao has begun.

ZCESy.jpg

Battle of Longnan has begun as part of Operation Ichi-Go.

ZwIeP.jpg

Uqai was captured but Chinese launched strong offensive against our weary troops.

ekJr5.jpg

Debao was captured in the South. Our forces are advancing towards Pinxiang to destroy remaining Chinese forces in the area.

utt8N.jpg

If you succeed in this grand encirclement, the Chinese are finished. But it will be hard, you'll be attacking from single provinces and your pincers will be vulnerable to counterattacks. You better have some reserves ready to buttress the spearheads.

It's a terrible region for encirclements. Even if you trap the enemy divs in that pocket, you will have to fight them in mountainous terrain. It's even worse - there are many river crossings and forts in this region. Be prepared to lose some MP and IC for reinforcements.

No to mention that you wont really entrap them, since if they can retreat towards ComChi territory (and thats they only region they can go to), they will be supplied by ComChi.

No to mention that you wont really entrap them, since if they can retreat towards ComChi territory (and thats they only region they can go to), they will be supplied by ComChi.

Uh, how could they possibly supply so many divisions?

It's a terrible region for encirclements. Even if you trap the enemy divs in that pocket, you will have to fight them in mountainous terrain. It's even worse - there are many river crossings and forts in this region. Be prepared to lose some MP and IC for reinforcements.

Yes region is terrible but this is the best route available in the entire Chinese controlled areas. Of 4 provinces I need to capture, only one is mountanious. Hills and deserts is much more preferable to mountains. I am ready to make necessary sacrifices to make this operation success. I just want to finish them until June, 1941. Then, I can prepare until December.

If you succeed in this grand encirclement, the Chinese are finished. But it will be hard, you'll be attacking from single provinces and your pincers will be vulnerable to counterattacks. You better have some reserves ready to buttress the spearheads.

Yes it is very hard. Counter-attacks are real trouble, supply problems are even worse. Reorganization of my troops are very very slow.

Not completely supply, but not zero supply either.

I thought of this too. Communists have 4 or 5 IC, I think they won't be able to supply entire Chinese Armies in the pocket. But considering AI's capability to supply 180 divisions with 9 IC ( in spite of major shortages), Communists will also show very tough resistance.

I played a Japan game all the way through to 1952 yesterday - I managed to defeat China, but it was an awful grinding slog. You seem to be doing a lot better than I was - you have a real talent for encirclement! A lot of the time I was playing I was finding that I was often:

A) Attacking over a river
B) Attacking mountain regions

Perhaps a good start for Japan would be to devote all available IC at the start of the game to the creation of engineer-brigaded mountain divisions.

PART XXXIII:SHAANXI POCKET

5Ldr5.jpg

Japanese soldiers advancing in the Longnan Province

December, 1940

Unit Deployment

Battleship Musashi was commissioned in Nagoya Dockyard today. Musashi became the biggest and the most heavily armed battleship ever built.

yJWMU.jpg

January, 1941

Unit Deployment

Sister ship of Musashi, Battleship Yamato was commisioned today. Also, 1 new fighter squadron was deployed in Hiroshima.

xCj5n.jpg

Technological Researches

5rdG2.jpg

We captured Longnan but Chinese launched massive counter-attack.

mX61t.jpg

We are pressing against the Chinese everywhere to make their supply situation worse.

TuS7h.jpg

Battle of Wuzhong has begun in the North.

ptfCz.jpg

We are nearing to our objectives for Operation Ichi-Go. Our brave soldiers in Longnan managed to stop Chinese offensive and launched counter-offensive againt Lanzhou. Our bait offensives against Ankang and Guanxian diverted Chinese forces to these regions.

eP4uQ.jpg

Technological Researches

Ussk8.jpg

Wuzhong was captured, we are advancing towards Lanzhou. Battle of Ankang still continues. Our losses are also very high in this battle.

7kKlt.jpg

We captured Lanzhou. Operation Ichi-Go became decisive victory for Imperial Japan within a month. Bravery and tenaciousness of our soldiers brought Japan this victory. General Higashikuni ordered all Imperial Japanese soldiers to slaughter every Chinese unit in the Northern Pocket.

5fHlf.jpg

February, 1941

Chinese launched offensive to Lanzhou to re-establish their communications line with Shaanxi pocket. We are sending our motorized divisions to the region.

x30IO.jpg

Battle of Ankang continues. Chinese lost hundreds of thousands of men in the battle so far. General Higashikuni stopped our offensive against Luoyang as the resistance became very stiff. Immediately after the failure of our offensive, Chinese launched offensive against Nanyang.

8Sz9I.jpg

Chinese rebels captured Zhangzhou province in the Southern China. We sent 3 divisions to suppress the rebellion.

mh0GB.jpg

Unit Deployment

1 marine divisions and 1 Mitsubishi G3M bomber squadron are ready for deployment.

lzKBo.jpg

Our troops entered Communist controlled Pingliang province but Chinese launched immediate counter-attack, Chinese are still able to supply their forces.

tqjIQ.jpg

We captured Linfen. Battle of Hequ continues.

32MLw.jpg

March, 1941

We launched offensive against Communist controlled Yuling region.

zqLdu.jpg

Overall Advance

bcDSm.jpg

PART XXXIV:TOJO HIDEKI'S CABINET

hXYeT.jpg

Cabinet of Prime Minister Tojo Hideki

March, 1941

Technological Researches

QopbJ.jpg

Policy Change

Japanese government issued a new decree granting complete control over national economy to the government. According to this decree, Japanese government will determine what will be produced by which factory and in what quantities. Government is hoping to increase industrial production with this move.

l8d90.jpg

We lost Pingliang. Third Battle of Luoyang has begun. This time the region is enveloped from three sides.

prOKA.jpg

Unit Deployment

3 carriers, Hiyo, Shokaku and Zuikaku were commissioned in Nagoya Dockyard. 1 garrison division was deployed in Tokyo.

gFqOw.jpg

In Europe, German Army brokethrough French lines along Belgian border and now is closing towards Paris.

RpXgt.jpg

Hequ was captured. Battle of Yulin intensified with the arrival of many Chinese divisions. To reduce the pocket more, we launched offensive against Baoji.

Gdchr.jpg

Oil Situation

Our oil reserves are rapidly diminishing due to our operations in the Northern China. Since the oil embargo in May, 1940 our reserves declined by 17.000 tonnes.

May, 1940 : 56.000 tonnes of oil
March, 1941 : 39.000 tonnes of oil

wmmgG.jpg

With our current consumption rate, our reserves will be depleted completely within two years. 8 bomber squadrons, 3 motorized divisions and 4 light tank brigades in Northern China are swallowing our reserves.

Techological Researches

G2hLg.jpg

April, 1941

Situation in Europe

War is developing favourably for Germany in Europe. Paris was captured few days ago. With the Paris in German hands, Mussolini's Italy joined the war on the German side. Norweigan Army capitulated today. According to our intelligence, France may sign an armistice with Germany soon.

wOqNI.jpg

Following the collapse of French Army in Northern France, British PM Churchill offered union to French government to keep them fighting against Germany. Furthermore, Churchill guaranteed Greek independence against Italian aggression.

p5qPJ.jpg

Cabinet Change

Prime Minister Kiichiro resigned today. Since the end of 1940, Kiichiro was constantly attacked by all factions in the Empire. Emperor lost his faith in Kiichiro after his promise to end war in China in 1940. The Army found Kiichiro as passive in terms of military affairs. The Navy in the last, with rapidly declining oil reserves blamed Kiichiro for the situation. Emperor Hirohito appointed General Tojo who has substantial support within the Army as new Prime Minister. General Tojo favours more aggressive policies against the United States and United Kingdom. Choice of General Tojo also reflects the victory of pro-German faction within the Army. General Tojo is an ardent supporter of alliance with Germany. He sees Germany as natural ally against Britain and United States.

x7FIN.jpg

New cabinet :

Cslcm.jpg

We captured Yuling in the Northern China and launched massive offensive against Mao's headquarters in Yan'an.

mDDAZ.jpg

French government refused the British Union offer. France is expected to sign an armistice with Germany soon.

9jvaQ.jpg

Technological Researches

SI9GU.jpg

Maybe you should switch to a politically correct version of the flag in game, it must be annoying to censor the screenshots.

Anyway, China is clearly collapsing, finally. Do you plan to fully occupy it, or puppetize it?

I didn't see the second question in this post. My plan is to make them my puppet. I am extremely dependent on trade for resources. Puppet China will solve this problem to a large extent. Partisans and TC are also nightmare in occupied China. Puppet China that will provide troops and resources will worth my bloody 4 years of fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.