• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Denizz

First Lieutenant
72 Badges
Aug 3, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Semper Fi
  • Iron Cross
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pride of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
I am currently playing as South Africa. I try to improve my relations with the US, but despite multiple trades and even gifts, my diplomatic relations don't improve. This goes for any country in the world. What can I do to improve relations since I obviously am not doing the right thing. I keep ''outraged'' to the US, and the US remains indifferent to me.

Just have to keep working deals with them, support the gov., etc....
Dont do anything to piss them off or the world for that matter and eventually they will start liking you more.

I made a lot of deals with them already. But still the relations stay the same. I am apperantly outraged for nothing against the US, and the US remains indifferent agianst me despite the tonnes of military and industrial goods I sent them free of charge. I have also been supporting their ruling party for years now.

Also the same for the Dutch, made a lot of deals with them and it is still indifferent - indifferent. Only the relations with my ''Colony'' Namibia / South West Africa have improved after I sent them a lot of cash to let them build some mines.

I need allies!!! I am so alone :p.

As Syria (the only country I've played), I was able to see gradual improvements in relations with Saudi Arabia and the Soviets through trade, although, generally, my relations with everyone are better now.

I am playing as Equador and also see no impact of trading, giving for free or supporting governmant on my USA relations.

btw how do I end a treaty where i am giving something to a country continuously?

In the screen where you have a list current treaties signed the button on the bottom of each side is the "sever all ties" button

And what if i dont want to sever "all ties" but just one treaty? if i cant deliver some goods it is not a reason to recall the embassy... :)

Also I have tried that, and it just shows me a message that "Ecuador broke all ties with... Ecuador ?!" (in fact TWO messages like that) and nothing happens to the treaty.

No, it doesnt sound like a bug. Yet.....

What are your diplomatic settings ? Did you start a war ? Are you doing things with their allies/enemies (trade etc..) ? Do you have a high build cap (most military fabrications) ? Researching controversial Techs ?

Is the civilian and diplomatic relations the same or is their a big difference ?

The more info you give the better I may be able to help.

No, it doesnt sound like a bug. Yet.....

What are your diplomatic settings ? Did you start a war ? Are you doing things with their allies/enemies (trade etc..) ? Do you have a high build cap (most military fabrications) ? Researching controversial Techs ?

Is the civilian and diplomatic relations the same or is their a big difference ?

The more info you give the better I may be able to help.

I did not change the settings at the beginning of the game. I haven't started a war, nor participated in one. I am getting industrialised at a very high tempo now, I now have one of the highest GDP per capita of the world. I build a lot of (big) industrial and consumer industries. I have got 4 land fabrications, 1 air fabrication and 2 ship fabrication sites. I have researched SOME of the nuclear stuff, but so does the AI. I have actually been researching quite slow due to budgetarry limiations (building a lot of industry and importing energy plus maintaining a relativly large army).

Large army might have something to do with it but unless its Larger than China's or the U.S. then that shouldnt be the problem. You dont have that many military fabs to be on High build cap CB. Researching the Nuke stuff might be a problem, I havent played a non superpower game, not sure how those will effect your relations with the specific regions.

Are you importing energy from the WM or a specific region ? Also, are you supporting US allies, encouraging independences, that sort of stuff anywhere ? Are you condemming the AI regions that research nuke stuffs (US allies).

What is your UN standing ? Pleased, concerned , outraged ?

Are you importing energy from the WM or a specific region ? Also, are you supporting US allies, encouraging independences, that sort of stuff anywhere ? Are you condemming the AI regions that research nuke stuffs (US allies).
World market, since I really need a lot of energy. It would be very tiring to send trades each day to other nations for their energy surplusses :p. I only do ''encourage ruling party'' on the US, and decouraging independance of Namibia. I should perhaps encourage the independance of Angola, Botswana and Zimbabwe so I can spread my influence there... I never condemn other regions, I always just press the OK button. I don't want angry Soviets just yet...

What is your UN standing ? Pleased, concerned , outraged ?
The UN is satisfied with me, and I have a 22.8% subsidary rate.

Last edited:
I made a lot of deals with them already. But still the relations stay the same. I am apperantly outraged for nothing against the US, and the US remains indifferent agianst me despite the tonnes of military and industrial goods I sent them free of charge. I have also been supporting their ruling party for years now.

Also the same for the Dutch, made a lot of deals with them and it is still indifferent - indifferent. Only the relations with my ''Colony'' Namibia / South West Africa have improved after I sent them a lot of cash to let them build some mines.

I need allies!!! I am so alone :p.

I played with SA yesterday (trying to mimic you settings and such) and I encountered the same problems with the USA. I was however able to make a few alliances, just not with any major region.

Making those alliances dropped me from Indifferent to Concerned in regards to the USA. I also have noticed I started with 1% CB on the USA at the bequinning of the game and within a year it rose to 6%. Their actions arent helping the situation.

China seemed to be more receptive than any other region. If you want a major ally, you might try them. I also didnt try anything with Soviet side but they didnt seem to like me anyways.

I got another game Im working on ATM, but Ill definatly try SA again.

My relations with them are:

SA US
Disproving - Satisfied
Concerned - Indiffirent
6% CB - 0% CB

After many trades and some years of supporting NATO allied ruling parties, I finally seem to have made some progress :p. I wonder where that CB comes from.

NATO however completly fails to convert any of the neutral countries towards NATO-aligned, and it looks like all are going pro-Soviet....

Do you also find SA surprisingly easy to play? I have a big energy shortage but I never have financial troubles anymore after a rough start.

Do you also find SA surprisingly easy to play?

I didnt try to build anything or mess with the military. I really only messed around with the diplomacy. SA is going to be my next game though, it looks to be a little difficult diplomacy wise and should be interesting to see how it plays out.

I'm having some trouble getting gussy with the USSR (I was Mexico). Does the game automatically make you lean towards USSR when on "LIBERAL" and the USA/NATO nations when on "CONSERVATIVE" ? I was on "MODERATE" and seemed to be pretty neutral, even though I was dealing all sorts of stuff to Russia for several years (tons of free oil to the soviets)