+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Improving diplomatic relations

Improving diplomatic relations

I am currently playing as South Africa. I try to improve my relations with the US, but despite multiple trades and even gifts, my diplomatic relations don't improve. This goes for any country in the world. What can I do to improve relations since I obviously am not doing the right thing. I keep ''outraged'' to the US, and the US remains indifferent to me.

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Just have to keep working deals with them, support the gov., etc....
    Dont do anything to piss them off or the world for that matter and eventually they will start liking you more.

I made a lot of deals with them already. But still the relations stay the same. I am apperantly outraged for nothing against the US, and the US remains indifferent agianst me despite the tonnes of military and industrial goods I sent them free of charge. I have also been supporting their ruling party for years now.

Also the same for the Dutch, made a lot of deals with them and it is still indifferent - indifferent. Only the relations with my ''Colony'' Namibia / South West Africa have improved after I sent them a lot of cash to let them build some mines.

I need allies!!! I am so alone :P.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k club

As Syria (the only country I've played), I was able to see gradual improvements in relations with Saudi Arabia and the Soviets through trade, although, generally, my relations with everyone are better now.
    War therefore is an act of violence intended to compel our opponents to fulfill our will -- Clausewitz

I am playing as Equador and also see no impact of trading, giving for free or supporting governmant on my USA relations.

btw how do I end a treaty where i am giving something to a country continuously?

btw how do I end a treaty where i am giving something to a country continuously?
    Yeah I also would like to know if it's possible to end a formal alliance (End my alliance with the USA to allign myself with the SU)?

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020

In the screen where you have a list current treaties signed the button on the bottom of each side is the "sever all ties" button

Ah yes! Forgot that we had chosen to duplicate it there...
    Chris Latour
    BattleGoat Studios
    chris@battlegoat.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hundane View Post
    In the screen where you have a list current treaties signed the button on the bottom of each side is the "sever all ties" button
    And what if i dont want to sever "all ties" but just one treaty? if i cant deliver some goods it is not a reason to recall the embassy...

Also I have tried that, and it just shows me a message that "Ecuador broke all ties with... Ecuador ?!" (in fact TWO messages like that) and nothing happens to the treaty.

Its an all or none deal. I wish you could pick and choose. Im not sure why it didnt break the trade treaty. It might be WAD.

Is this frozen diplomatic relations thing maybe a bug? Its getting really annoying now to be so isolated!

No, it doesnt sound like a bug. Yet.....

What are your diplomatic settings ? Did you start a war ? Are you doing things with their allies/enemies (trade etc..) ? Do you have a high build cap (most military fabrications) ? Researching controversial Techs ?

Is the civilian and diplomatic relations the same or is their a big difference ?

The more info you give the better I may be able to help.

No, it doesnt sound like a bug. Yet.....

What are your diplomatic settings ? Did you start a war ? Are you doing things with their allies/enemies (trade etc..) ? Do you have a high build cap (most military fabrications) ? Researching controversial Techs ?

Is the civilian and diplomatic relations the same or is their a big difference ?

The more info you give the better I may be able to help.
    I did not change the settings at the beginning of the game. I haven't started a war, nor participated in one. I am getting industrialised at a very high tempo now, I now have one of the highest GDP per capita of the world. I build a lot of (big) industrial and consumer industries. I have got 4 land fabrications, 1 air fabrication and 2 ship fabrication sites. I have researched SOME of the nuclear stuff, but so does the AI. I have actually been researching quite slow due to budgetarry limiations (building a lot of industry and importing energy plus maintaining a relativly large army).

Large army might have something to do with it but unless its Larger than China's or the U.S. then that shouldnt be the problem. You dont have that many military fabs to be on High build cap CB. Researching the Nuke stuff might be a problem, I havent played a non superpower game, not sure how those will effect your relations with the specific regions.

Are you importing energy from the WM or a specific region ? Also, are you supporting US allies, encouraging independences, that sort of stuff anywhere ? Are you condemming the AI regions that research nuke stuffs (US allies).

What is your UN standing ? Pleased, concerned , outraged ?

Are you importing energy from the WM or a specific region ? Also, are you supporting US allies, encouraging independences, that sort of stuff anywhere ? Are you condemming the AI regions that research nuke stuffs (US allies).
    World market, since I really need a lot of energy. It would be very tiring to send trades each day to other nations for their energy surplusses :P. I only do ''encourage ruling party'' on the US, and decouraging independance of Namibia. I should perhaps encourage the independance of Angola, Botswana and Zimbabwe so I can spread my influence there... I never condemn other regions, I always just press the OK button. I don't want angry Soviets just yet...

What is your UN standing ? Pleased, concerned , outraged ?
    The UN is satisfied with me, and I have a 22.8% subsidary rate.
    Last edited by Denizz; 24-07-2011 at 18:19.

Whats your relations with the US ? Diplomatic , Civilian and CB% and how do they view you in all those areas.

I made a lot of deals with them already. But still the relations stay the same. I am apperantly outraged for nothing against the US, and the US remains indifferent agianst me despite the tonnes of military and industrial goods I sent them free of charge. I have also been supporting their ruling party for years now.

Also the same for the Dutch, made a lot of deals with them and it is still indifferent - indifferent. Only the relations with my ''Colony'' Namibia / South West Africa have improved after I sent them a lot of cash to let them build some mines.

I need allies!!! I am so alone :P.
    I played with SA yesterday (trying to mimic you settings and such) and I encountered the same problems with the USA. I was however able to make a few alliances, just not with any major region.

Making those alliances dropped me from Indifferent to Concerned in regards to the USA. I also have noticed I started with 1% CB on the USA at the bequinning of the game and within a year it rose to 6%. Their actions arent helping the situation.

China seemed to be more receptive than any other region. If you want a major ally, you might try them. I also didnt try anything with Soviet side but they didnt seem to like me anyways.

I got another game Im working on ATM, but Ill definatly try SA again.

My relations with them are:

SA US
    Disproving - Satisfied
    Concerned - Indiffirent
    6% CB - 0% CB

After many trades and some years of supporting NATO allied ruling parties, I finally seem to have made some progress . I wonder where that CB comes from.

NATO however completly fails to convert any of the neutral countries towards NATO-aligned, and it looks like all are going pro-Soviet....

Do you also find SA surprisingly easy to play? I have a big energy shortage but I never have financial troubles anymore after a rough start.

Do you also find SA surprisingly easy to play?
    I didnt try to build anything or mess with the military. I really only messed around with the diplomacy. SA is going to be my next game though, it looks to be a little difficult diplomacy wise and should be interesting to see how it plays out.

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    ImpireSemper FiSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    StarvoidVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    I'm having some trouble getting gussy with the USSR (I was Mexico). Does the game automatically make you lean towards USSR when on "LIBERAL" and the USA/NATO nations when on "CONSERVATIVE" ? I was on "MODERATE" and seemed to be pretty neutral, even though I was dealing all sorts of stuff to Russia for several years (tons of free oil to the soviets)

+ Reply to Thread