• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(189717)

East vs West developer
9 Badges
Jan 8, 2010
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Iron Cross
  • Majesty 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • 500k Club
I started a 1933 game with Germany and choose speed boni whenever I could. When I go to teh productions screen, my medium tanks should have the insane speed of 23 by now. But when I build and deploy tanks, they just have the normal speed of 10 or maybe 11.

Where's my speed bonus?

Wait some weeks for the bonuses to be applied.
Speed of 23? Are you sure?
Like Armored car brigade on Light Armor and then all the techs to do it?
Light armor - speed bonus etc?

Wait some weeks for the bonuses to be applied.
Speed of 23? Are you sure?
Like Armored car brigade on Light Armor and then all the techs to do it?
Light armor - speed bonus etc?

Maybe it wasn't that high, but it was for sure absurdly high. At least 18 or so. Maybe 23 with brigade bonus.

Does this also apply to bonus say for aircraft range? I been waiting almost a month now after upgrades to my naval bombers and the range has not been upgraded to the new model bomber. Example, 930 range for Arado Naval bomber, upgraded to new Ju-188 Naval bomber range is 1075 with all my tech increases. Yet my bombers have been upgraded to the new Ju-188's and a whole month has passed and range is still 930.

I do have 88 units needing upgrades done in my production window, but once your troops, ships or aircraft get new equipment in real life, you wouldnt have to wait weeks or months to see the new benefits. This kind of waiting is definately not realistic imho.

Hope this can be fixed in the next patch or revision. Btw I am playing IC over DH with latest patches and revisions for both. Any help would be fabulous!

there is an Armored speed bonus??? where do i get that at? i have patch 1.07 installed for IC on AOD whatever. I forget it's so confusing right now what patch is the newest for all 3 of these mods/games and i'm talking about AOD,IC, and DH and how we can combine them all.

Okay been playing IC over DH and just testing out all the bonuses that are suppose to show up on units after researching them. Biggest issue I am finding is with Air Force, if you build say a lvl 3 fighter and then you research to lvl 4, after you upgrade to the new version the bonuses of range (especially), speed and all other increased values that are suppose to show up, DONT! I asked this earlier in this post and I see no one has answered my question, which makes me believe its a bug and everyone knows about it or no one really cares? Either way if someone could be so helpful and let me know how long I am suppose to wait in terms of game months to get all my research bonuses to take affect would be greatly appreciated. My previous example of Naval bombers still hold true, been almost 9 months now since upgrade from lvl 1 to lvl 2 naval bomber and my range should be at 940 per the production window if I build it. Have 6 Naval bombers sitting in Wilhelmshaven all upgraded from lvl 1 to lvl 2 and my range is still sitting at 800. This is becoming very very frustrating in terms of why bother to play if an upgrade is going to take years to complete and you research faster then upgrades are implemented. Hope to see this fixed soon.

Okay been playing IC over DH and just testing out all the bonuses that are suppose to show up on units after researching them. Biggest issue I am finding is with Air Force, if you build say a lvl 3 fighter and then you research to lvl 4, after you upgrade to the new version the bonuses of range (especially), speed and all other increased values that are suppose to show up, DONT! I asked this earlier in this post and I see no one has answered my question, which makes me believe its a bug and everyone knows about it or no one really cares? Either way if someone could be so helpful and let me know how long I am suppose to wait in terms of game months to get all my research bonuses to take affect would be greatly appreciated. My previous example of Naval bombers still hold true, been almost 9 months now since upgrade from lvl 1 to lvl 2 naval bomber and my range should be at 940 per the production window if I build it. Have 6 Naval bombers sitting in Wilhelmshaven all upgraded from lvl 1 to lvl 2 and my range is still sitting at 800. This is becoming very very frustrating in terms of why bother to play if an upgrade is going to take years to complete and you research faster then upgrades are implemented. Hope to see this fixed soon.

If I understand it correctly some of the new values are updated by the Vatikan events? I haven't played that much yet, but at least my lvl 1 interceptors have upgraded correctly to lvl 2 (speed and range). BTW I'm playing IC over AoD.

Vatican Events? I thought that was taken out or fixed within the first few months of IC releasing. I am talking about IC over DH. My naval bombers get upgraded to newest model yet my range and speed dont upgrade with it. I have researched and researched the techs for this and yet I cant utilize my advantage at all. I did read in the "unofficial-beta" of the new patch that upgrades are suppose to be immediate, sadly that dam patch is for old school Arma not DH. Is this a DH issue then? Or is this an IC issue? Can a Dev please acknowledge this? Its not only planes either. I posted another thread for my armor upgrades not working at all and had 70 views by people and not 1 dam response to it? I hate to have to resort to ranting like a little kid like one person seems to do constantly on this forum, name given in other thread, lol. I guess its back to playing AoD or just none of the Paradox HOI games now. Sad because I was looking forward to playing after buying DH and now its just becoming a crap shoot with all the different mods and development teams spawning insane new stuff but not fixing the immediate issues at hand. :(

I play IC on AoD and I get the Vatican events all the time. There is an event in the beginning asking do you want to use the Vatican annexation events. It explains that it is needed to update the unit statistics after tech research and events. The weird part is that you can also select no???

There is also another event I believe should fire already in the beginning - the selection of AI's aggressiviness. I have noticed that these events don't fire every time, or only one of them fires. In my latest game the aggressiviness event fired only after a years game play when I reloaded the game after a break. So now if I don't get both of them during the first month I save and reload the game to make them fire.

Julle64: I have repeated my status that I play IC over DH not AOD. I know AOD has this, but DH does not. My point is that there is NO event that makes this change. I do get the AI Aggressiveness, but I have never seen one for upgrades that would be kind of stupid imho though. Now if choosing to let the AI cheat more means my units dont upgrade then that needs to be stated in the event option you choose and there is nothing stating that in IC over DH. Please if anyone is playing IC over DH and knows what I am referring to with NO UPGRADES to unit values like range or whole unit upgrades like tanks not upgrading to the latest when you have it researched, please post that information here for me.

Still wondering why a DEV has not responded in almost 3 days since I originally posted in this thread. Must be too busy with new stuff to answer me, its cool though. I wont be a tool like mikey! :rofl: