+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Divine Wind - 5.1 Patch now released - NOT FOR PROBLEM REPORTS !

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Anyone know how long it took Steam to implement the 5.0 (and previous) patches? It's now been more than a week and still no 5.1 on Steam, and since it's getting into the evening on Friday, I suppose we'll have to wait until sometime next week to see it.

I did what some others said and created a copy of my EU3 Steam folder, and applied the patch to that, but for some reason my auto-saves are being quirky. It's set to save every month, and sometimes it does. However, as of right now I have one correct auto save, one auto save that's 3 game-years old, and a third one that never got created.

PS
    It sure does seem like the Golden Horde is overpowered now, they've gobbled up a significant portion of Lithuania, basically bankrupted me (Muscovy), and vassalized Smolensk, Pskov, and the other one or two nations that Lithuania had to release.

Major
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneSword of the Stars500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Truly sad that the connect issue has been seen so many places. I had thought this was the only one, being obviously [erroneously] related to the patch, but Paradox has failed miserably on a massive level.

Many important ideas were phrased though the links such is how no one cared about the DW features, such as achievements, before they were posed and promised by the developers. Everyone including myself was more than happy with Heir to the Throne. When Paradox released "Complete" and continued on making expansions in seemingly complete ignorance that the the game was supposed to be over, seeing Heir was a delight. But Paradox was an ant and wanted to be a titan, tranced by grandiose schemes of implementing Microsoft achievements through their games, and it broke their finest work.

Paradox has dragged their fans over hill and dale so that they might be despised. I'm not exactly sure why they would do this. More than ever, I wish I'd never paid money for this trash and treatment when I earnestly asked for support on the most basic, simplistic levels. Paradox even has trouble stepping up to the plate to acknowledge that they know there is a problem. Instead, they take a vacation. When they do appear, they are just as likely to say their product is working as designed as they are to ignore troubled posters who really hope for a fix to their problems.

Lessons are learned every day.

Augustus of the North DreadLindwyrm's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Well, I'm sure that the vacation that some of the staff have gone on is something that was booked previously, and was not a deliberate decision to release the patch and then (as you seem to think it) abandon the office.

The achievements have not broken the game, they are something that as soon as the server becomes active will be available. The game still plays perfectly fine without them. I have to say that they aren't my favourite part of DW, but they at least give me some inspiration for game ideas.
    I don't know what problem you are referring to when you say that you "asked for support on the most basic, simplistic levels", but having worked in IT "basic, simple" problems very rarely are either basic or simple.
    *This space deliberately left blank*

Quote Originally Posted by Ratlegion View Post
    Truly sad that the connect issue has been seen so many places. I had thought this was the only one, being obviously [erroneously] related to the patch, but Paradox has failed miserably on a massive level.

Many important ideas were phrased though the links such is how no one cared about the DW features, such as achievements, before they were posed and promised by the developers. Everyone including myself was more than happy with Heir to the Throne. When Paradox released "Complete" and continued on making expansions in seemingly complete ignorance that the the game was supposed to be over, seeing Heir was a delight. But Paradox was an ant and wanted to be a titan, tranced by grandiose schemes of implementing Microsoft achievements through their games, and it broke their finest work.

Paradox has dragged their fans over hill and dale so that they might be despised. I'm not exactly sure why they would do this. More than ever, I wish I'd never paid money for this trash and treatment when I earnestly asked for support on the most basic, simplistic levels. Paradox even has trouble stepping up to the plate to acknowledge that they know there is a problem. Instead, they take a vacation. When they do appear, they are just as likely to say their product is working as designed as they are to ignore troubled posters who really hope for a fix to their problems.

Lessons are learned every day.
    The game is not broken at all...so why the tirade? A feature of the game is not working, it happens everywhere particullarly when a new patch comes out.

Ruler of the Queen's Navee George LeS's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

What I get from this is that it's not finished. We need a 5.2.

Of course, since I already believed that, I may be reading my own views into others' posts. Nevertheless, the interface and connections problems are hard to reconcile with a finished version.
    'Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.' -- the Water Rat

GRIN Mod--Historical leaders mods: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...46994-GRIN-Mod

Rex Maris--SRI-based naval and exploration mod. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...4#post11451354

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Achievement issues can be waited for and most likely will be fixed, for me though it's the waiting for Steam to update that's killing me.
    Dont feel like starting or continuing any games knowing that steam will throw the patch up soonTM and for all I know i'll just have to start again on my campaign.

Admittedly, the achievements are some cause for not playing, but just like other games I love, achievements are only secondary, and to this case, I simply want steam to update.

Augustus of the North DreadLindwyrm's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by George LeS View Post
    What I get from this is that it's not finished. We need a 5.2.

Of course, since I already believed that, I may be reading my own views into others' posts. Nevertheless, the interface and connections problems are hard to reconcile with a finished version.
    The connect issue is not an issue with the patch, it is an issue with the connect server not recognizing the code from the game. We do not need 5.2 to fix this.
    *This space deliberately left blank*

Semper FiCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Cker View Post
    Achievement issues can be waited for and most likely will be fixed, for me though it's the waiting for Steam to update that's killing me.
    Dont feel like starting or continuing any games knowing that steam will throw the patch up soonTM and for all I know i'll just have to start again on my campaign.

Admittedly, the achievements are some cause for not playing, but just like other games I love, achievements are only secondary, and to this case, I simply want steam to update.
    Same, I have no desire to Poland into spacing, but I do feel a sense of ire when professionals fail to live up to the term professionals.
    “My own view is that this planet is used as a penal colony, lunatic asylum and dumping ground by a superior civilization, to get rid of the undesirable and unfit. I can't prove it, but you can't disprove it either.” - Christopher Hitchens

Major
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneSword of the Stars500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by The Blood Eagle View Post
    Same, I have no desire to Poland into spacing, but I do feel a sense of ire when professionals fail to live up to the term professionals.
    This is what I'm talking about. It is about professionalism. It has been a long time in coming. As far as my own issues I hinted act, I promised Ms. Kallocain that I wouldn't bring it up any more, but the truth is I had an issue that was pretty basic and it took her several months before she fixed the problem. It should have been over night, like the whole fixing of the PC issue, but no, it was not to be. I am glad that so many people are satisfied merely looking for the good, there is no harm in that. I just regret my own position. I wish they wouldn't do this to us after we gave our money in good faith. They said they were just about ready for 5.1 in March. Did I just lose 4 months of my life, or what? If you buy a game for achievements, considering Heir was pretty near perfect and you can't use them through 8 months of betas, then, yes, I would call that broken.
    Last edited by Ratlegion; 30-07-2011 at 11:22. Reason: Punctuation

Europa Universalis: Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by rekindledflame View Post
    The game is not broken at all...so why the tirade? A feature of the game is not working, it happens everywhere particullarly when a new patch comes out.
    For people like me it is broken at the moment.

I played two month or more on the "Jihad"-Achivement. And now i can not play since the patch is released (no connect = no achievements).

Moreover i have to fear that my savegames will no more work for the achievements.

Be happy that you dont have this problems, but for others the situation is very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by DreadLindwyrm View Post
    Well, I'm sure that the vacation that some of the staff have gone on is something that was booked previously, and was not a deliberate decision to release the patch and then (as you seem to think it) abandon the office.
    It was still their choice to make 5.1 official, could of just left it in beta. At least that way the 5.0 people would still have Paradox Connect. None of us currently have anything.

Between this, the Steam forum key nonsense which stopped me from getting a beta patch for awhile (because apparently pirates will pirate the game then purchase the DLC in someone's mind) and everything else, I'm fast losing patience with all of it.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Savok View Post
    It was still their choice to make 5.1 official, could of just left it in beta. At least that way the 5.0 people would still have Paradox Connect. None of us currently have anything.

Between this, the Steam forum key nonsense which stopped me from getting a beta patch for awhile (because apparently pirates will pirate the game then purchase the DLC in someone's mind) and everything else, I'm fast losing patience with all of it.
    There are still issues with the game , as the auto white peace with hordes if war leader don't border the horde ... kinda funny as HRE , you will gain imperial authority from this
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Didn't 5.1 raise the cost of founding COTs to 800 ducats? I made a copy of my steam folder and applied the patch to that, but I'm still showing a cost of 500 to found one (though the new map modes are in, and the main menu screen shows 5.1 and a different cheksum from my 5.0 in steam).

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    King Arthur IILost Empire - ImmortalsMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Pride of NationsRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Since patch i have oos in mp and now have the old intel blue screen issue
    "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty. This much we pledge—and more." ~ JFK ~

Success is not to be measured by the position someone has reached in life, but the obstacles he has overcome while trying to succeed.
    ~Booker T. Washington

"For they conquer who believe they can". ~ John Dryden ~

Quote Originally Posted by Wheem View Post
    Didn't 5.1 raise the cost of founding COTs to 800 ducats? I made a copy of my steam folder and applied the patch to that, but I'm still showing a cost of 500 to found one (though the new map modes are in, and the main menu screen shows 5.1 and a different cheksum from my 5.0 in steam).
    No, IIRC it just changed the size a CoT needs to be in order for you to create a new one (>800), the size at at which CoTs can be destroyed (<500), and the number of provinces per CoT (to 40, which results in only one new one being spawned at game start, instead of the previous 4 or 5).

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    ImpireLead and GoldMagickaMajesty 2March of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Checksum is VZSL, right?

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Tech support sticky is here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...and-datestamps

VZSL is definitely wrong for 5.1 official.
    If you think someone's trolling, PM a moderator.

Ask your quick modding questions in the appropriate place

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by DreadLindwyrm View Post
    The connect issue is not an issue with the patch, it is an issue with the connect server not recognizing the code from the game. We do not need 5.2 to fix this.
    I wasn't thinking only, or mostly, of the connection issue. (In fact, I have never tried achievments, and have no desire to do so). Mostly, I was thinking of the interface issues; the inability to select units, or even provinces, without zooming in very far. That, and the naval retreats which have NOT been fixed (see my bug report, if you doubt).
    'Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.' -- the Water Rat

GRIN Mod--Historical leaders mods: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...46994-GRIN-Mod

Rex Maris--SRI-based naval and exploration mod. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...4#post11451354

Semper FiCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by George LeS View Post
    I wasn't thinking only, or mostly, of the connection issue. (In fact, I have never tried achievments, and have no desire to do so). Mostly, I was thinking of the interface issues; the inability to select units, or even provinces, without zooming in very far. That, and the naval retreats which have NOT been fixed (see my bug report, if you doubt).
    I've noticed that the province and unit selection is askew, but last I heard, naval retreats sent your ships unabated to the nearest friendly port. Hasn't acted any differently than that in my experiences. Could you clarify?
    “My own view is that this planet is used as a penal colony, lunatic asylum and dumping ground by a superior civilization, to get rid of the undesirable and unfit. I can't prove it, but you can't disprove it either.” - Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by The Blood Eagle View Post
    I've noticed that the province and unit selection is askew, but last I heard, naval retreats sent your ships unabated to the nearest friendly port. Hasn't acted any differently than that in my experiences. Could you clarify?
    I describe it in this thread:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...n-t-work-right

In short, they DO retreat when beaten, but they do NOT reliably go to the nearest friendly port. They seem to continue on their paths, as best I can tell from the examples given. This fixes the amphibious landing problem, but it remains an issue for anything else, eg, if you have a port to send an army to.

One of my examples was a Papal transport squadron running through the (very well guarded) Straits, to their ally, Brittany. Not good, that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast