+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Divine Wind - 5.1 Patch now released - NOT FOR PROBLEM REPORTS !

Paradox QA Paradox Dev Team ForzaA's Avatar
    200k club500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fudd_bopo View Post
    Quick question.
    I have been playing a 5.0 game the last few weeks trying to do the "Poland can into space" achievement. Is it possible to finish that one in some way before patching (I read patching is sure to break it)? Or will I have to do it all over again from the beginning?
    Well, there's a chance that 5.0 will be disabled for achievements when they enable 5.1 (I can't say this for certain, but I wouldn't be surprised, there are good reasons to disable it) - in which case you'd not get the achievement from that.
    If they leave it as an option, then you can finish it by continuing 5.0.
    Updating to 5.1 is bound to make it impossible though - since as far as I know the "game was modified" is a simple comparison of checksums, and 5.1 has a different checksum from 5.0
    Error in war on error on line 1.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I have the Steam version and managed to install 5.1 using the launcher. Is this gonna cause any problem once Steam gets their own version of 5.1?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Hooray! No more 600 MB game files while I go for the WC achievement!
    10 centuries in 5 minutes: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvlp7cBWwIw

200 Countries, 200 Years, 4 Minutes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbkSRLYSojo

Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaA View Post
    Well, there's a chance that 5.0 will be disabled for achievements when they enable 5.1 (I can't say this for certain, but I wouldn't be surprised, there are good reasons to disable it) - in which case you'd not get the achievement from that.
    If they leave it as an option, then you can finish it by continuing 5.0.
    Updating to 5.1 is bound to make it impossible though - since as far as I know the "game was modified" is a simple comparison of checksums, and 5.1 has a different checksum from 5.0
    This is the first official patch in this game. Considering that some of the fixes were to try to correct exploits, I'm sure 5.0 is going to be disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by safferli View Post
    AndrewT will probably do that. I cannot start the game now (not at my game computer), so I cannot personally verify the checksum.
    Well, wouldn't it make sense that all our old saves are disqualified for achievements because they were started under the official patches checksum?

Paradox QA Paradox Dev Team ForzaA's Avatar
    200k club500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by heliostellar View Post
    I'm sure 5.0 is going to be disabled.
    Oh, I'm pretty sure it will be at some point - I'm just not sure they'll disable it immediately. It'd be rather bad form, both for purposes of gaining achievements with ongoing games, and for letting people use the metaserver (afaik, the same system) to force them to *immediately* update as soon as a patch is out.

But, as I said, there are good reasons to disable it (fixing exploits being one of them)
    Error in war on error on line 1.

this patch fix random crahs of the game? where can i find that?

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

WOOT! Just downloaded now.

I love the new mapmodes. ^^

Going to try out a new game this weekend.

Good work Paradox.

I have eU3 divine of the stem. I cant update. and i cant start the connection with paradox.

I updated my steam copy using the launcher. I get the check-sum MHFD and can't get achievements, and yes I've done the map-cache thing.
    Any suggestions as to what might be wrong?

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Great job people!

I absolutely love the new 'remove_core_from = TAG'-command for the province scope.

Does anyone know if we already have an "add-to" equivalent?
    "A merely fallen enemy may rise again, but the reconciled one is truly vanquished." (On Grace and Dignity)

"Der bloß niedergeworfene Feind kann wieder aufstehen, aber der versöhnte ist wahrhaft überwunden." (Über Anmut und Würde)

- Friedrich Schiller

Quote Originally Posted by DrLulz View Post
    I updated my steam copy using the launcher. I get the check-sum MHFD and can't get achievements, and yes I've done the map-cache thing.
    Any suggestions as to what might be wrong?
    Same here. I guess I'll just wait for Steam to publish the patch.

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2March of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

How about the naval maintenance? How many times has it increased? I haven't installed any 5.1 beta because of this and I won't install 5.1 if it's still there.
    Wars not make one great

Ruler of the Queen's Navee George LeS's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by valrond View Post
    How about the naval maintenance? How many times has it increased? I haven't installed any 5.1 beta because of this and I won't install 5.1 if it's still there.
    Really? Why do you think this?

And yes, it is still there.
    'Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.' -- the Water Rat

GRIN Mod--Historical leaders mods: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...46994-GRIN-Mod

Rex Maris--SRI-based naval and exploration mod. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...4#post11451354

Elven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II Collection

It was increased once and then reverted and made to increase with tech level.

Have I missed something or is there still no news as to when Paradox Connect will accept the 5.1 checksum?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by rubert View Post
    It is possible to use Inno Setup Unpacker to extract the files from the setup and then manually copy the files over the installation. That's what I did to update Impulse version, it should work with Steam, version, too, long as EU3 is copied outside of Steam's directory like beta patches.

Inno Setup Unpacker

Don't try this if you are not familiar with the command line.

1. Install EU3 + Divine Wind if needed. Copy the fresh installation somewhere else, I'll use D:\EU351 as example. This keeps your original installation untouched so you can easily install the 5.1 patch to it once your distributor releases it.
    2. Download the 5.1 installer and save it somewhere you remember, I'll use D:\eu3patch here.
    3. Download the latest version of Inno Setup Unpacker and extract it somewhere you remember, I'll use D:\innoup here.
    4. Start Command Prompt. Type D:\innoup\innounp.exe -x -dD:\eu3patch D:\eu3patch\eu3_v5.1.exe. That should give long list of file names and the fles should be extracted to D:\eu3patch\{app}.
    5. Copy files from D:\eu3patch\{app} to your copy of EU3 Divine Wind installation.
    6. Done, clear the map cache as usual and enjoy.

edit: Oops, forgot to add link to the Inno Setup Unpacker.
    Thanks, this worked great for me and allowed me to install the patch on my Steam copy. One thing: I modified it to run with "D:\innoup\innounp.exe"; you had previously left off the .exe, but I fixed it.

Also, it gave me the correct checksum.

Lt. General
    EU3 Collectors Edition

Quote Originally Posted by andb52 View Post
    I modified it to run with "D:\innoup\innounp.exe"; you had previously left off the .exe, but I fixed it.
    The .exe part is optional. It doesn't hurt to have of course, but it's not required.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Naval maintenance in 5.1 is low enough to not care about.
    If you think someone's trolling, PM a moderator.

Ask your quick modding questions in the appropriate place

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by grommile View Post
    Naval maintenance in 5.1 is low enough to not care about.
    Valrond, you could also always just mod it to be whatever you want. It should hardly prevent you from using the patch, period.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast