+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Divine Wind - 5.1 Patch now released - NOT FOR PROBLEM REPORTS !

Don't know if these have been mentioned, but I have a couple of problems since the patch. Firstly, this game needs a supported windowed-mode even more now, since tabbing out and back in again now crashes my game. Meaning I have to play full-screen and if I want to pop in to windows, I have to save/quit then reload. It didn't crash before the patch though.

Secondly, the revolt-risk map now shows the revolt-risk in sea areas, so they all show up in bright green. Kinda messy

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMagickaEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Farflamex View Post
    Don't know if these have been mentioned, but I have a couple of problems since the patch. Firstly, this game needs a supported windowed-mode even more now, since tabbing out and back in again now crashes my game. Meaning I have to play full-screen and if I want to pop in to windows, I have to save/quit then reload. It didn't crash before the patch though.

Secondly, the revolt-risk map now shows the revolt-risk in sea areas, so they all show up in bright green. Kinda messy
    Agreed on the first point. I listen to my own music while playing(because let's face it, the soundtrack is good, but for the length of the game it's too short haha), and if I don't want to listen to whatever track comes on it's annoying to have to gamble with tabbing out. It's not really worth the risk for something that small.

More stability for tabbing out; or an optional windowed mode would be nice.
    MEIOU&Taxes Mod Lead Composer for the Additional Soundtrack
    Download it in high quality MP3 format here - http://www.mediafire.com/download/st...ction%20One.7z

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I have to ask but if you have checksum that is different from what is posted in official thread, what would that indicate? For some reason, I'm getting MGPB instead of BJLT as posted. I brought EU3 Chronicles from Steam and I noticed checksum on my 5.0 was different from the checksum posted for that version as well, although I don't recall what checksum was shown on my 5.0.

EDIT: I should also mention that I got the correct checksum when playing without mod but got incorrect checksum when playing with my mod I already had. In both cases, I already cleared the map cache, open EU3 and then exit and then restart as instructed in another thread on tech support forum. So it seems that clearing map cache doesn't help at all with mod. I'm not clear on what checksum does, though. I assume it's way of checking whether the game is working properly or something?
    Last edited by Chief of Staff; 08-09-2011 at 09:31.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Chief of Staff View Post
    Hi, new here. I just installed 5.1 patch but I am getting an odd bug here. It seems that when I attempted to colonize nearest province in North America, specifically, the province of Beothuk, it said colonist would reach it by June/May 2282. I was already aware of cache as one possible source of this so already cleared that but still having this problem. Any ideas? Also, never had this issue prior to 5.1 patch.

EDIT: same situation with colonizing Sierra Leone. It's telling me colonist will reach it by 2208. It seems all colonizable provinces shows at least 100,000 days for colonists to reach it now. I may need to uninstall this patch if this persists...
    Okay, some updates. I've chosen to try resolving those oddities myself before going ahead with posting a thread about this on Tech Support board as final resort and good news is that I've finally gotten 'em resolved. It seems the mod I had which was carried over from 5.0 was bad or something. I created a new mod that's identically similar in most respects and now no longer get this strange colonial distance bug. I'm not sure what was wrong with my old mod but I guess I'll content myself with playing on new mod. I should also mention that not only I had colonial distance issues on that old mod, I also had many random centers of trade popping up over all at same time at the start of game and continually popping up more afterwards on that old mod. Such issue also disappears on new mod. It was working fine without those two issues on 5.0 with old mod, though, so it's very baffling.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Any mod that touches common\defines.txt has to be updated to work with 5.1, because Paradox added some extra entries to the file.
    If you think someone's trolling, PM a moderator.

Ask your quick modding questions in the appropriate place

51 games registered

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Chief of Staff View Post
    I have to ask but if you have checksum that is different from what is posted in official thread, what would that indicate? For some reason, I'm getting MGPB instead of BJLT as posted. I brought EU3 Chronicles from Steam and I noticed checksum on my 5.0 was different from the checksum posted for that version as well, although I don't recall what checksum was shown on my 5.0.

EDIT: I should also mention that I got the correct checksum when playing without mod but got incorrect checksum when playing with my mod I already had. In both cases, I already cleared the map cache, open EU3 and then exit and then restart as instructed in another thread on tech support forum. So it seems that clearing map cache doesn't help at all with mod. I'm not clear on what checksum does, though. I assume it's way of checking whether the game is working properly or something?
    A mod will almost always change the checksum, to prevent you even trying to play MP against someone with a different version.
    Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death .... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man. Bertrand Russell

Any one know if the crusade or excommunication rules have changed in this patch? Im playing as Sicily, its 1500 and the papal controller still cant call for a crusade or excommunicate anyone. Also i dont have any holy war casus belli which i thought i normally would by this stage.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by vandan View Post
    Any one know if the crusade or excommunication rules have changed in this patch? Im playing as Sicily, its 1500 and the papal controller still cant call for a crusade or excommunicate anyone.
    Those options work fine for me in 1500 (though finding someone eligible to be excommunicated is usually a pain in the neck). Are you sure you're still papal controller?

Also i dont have any holy war casus belli which i thought i normally would by this stage.
    You only get holy war CB if you're an Empire, Defender of the Faith, or next door to heathens.
    If you think someone's trolling, PM a moderator.

Ask your quick modding questions in the appropriate place

Thanks grommile that explains the holy war. However with the crusade its 1507 and there hasnt been 1 crusade called yet. Currently Castille is papal controller. I logged on as Castille just to check and the option to call a crusade or excommunicate some one is not there. I just finished a campaign earlier before the patch and didnt have this problem then.

Second Lieutenant
    EU3 Complete

Extracted file

I need the extracted files to manually install the patch for some reason, could someone upload it so I can download it on the website, I dont want to download at a random site.

thx

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by stammis View Post
    I need the extracted files to manually install the patch for some reason, could someone upload it so I can download it on the website, I dont want to download at a random site.
    You find it in a Sticky of the Tech Support forum, but you need Installing HttT and DW before installing 5.1 - and you haven't them registered

i agree, aldow i dont have the problem at the moment since i am using steam
    but it would be kind of handy for me to be able to open my music player and acces it easely during play
    if you want peace prepare for war

Second Lieutenant
    EU3 Complete

Quote Originally Posted by vernier View Post
    You find it in a Sticky of the Tech Support forum, but you need Installing HttT and DW before installing 5.1 - and you haven't them registered
    thx!

Crusader Kings IIDungeonlandEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaStarvoidThe Showdown Effect
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Are there news about any new patch yet? Just cheking cuz of achievments.

It's not revolt risk. It shows if the sea area has been patroled, green=no chance of pirates, red=chance of pirates. It's very nice to be able to check at a glance that you have all your sea areas covered.

Anyone having problems with the banner icons for Units and Countries? I just installed DW 5.1.

Quote Originally Posted by grommile View Post
    Those options work fine for me in 1500 (though finding someone eligible to be excommunicated is usually a pain in the neck). Are you sure you're still papal controller?

You only get holy war CB if you're an Empire, Defender of the Faith, or next door to heathens.
    for me finding someone to exomunicate isnt that painfull, i just check papal state relations and just loock for christina countries with low relations and see if i can exomunicate them, :P

51 games registered

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Trent87 View Post
    Anyone having problems with the banner icons for Units and Countries? I just installed DW 5.1.
    You'll need to read and possibly post in Tech Support or Bug reports. To do that you'll need to register EU3 or EU3:Complete here. If you have tried the latter and it errors, you probably have a code starting with COM from Steam, if so see teh sticky thread on Steam registration problems in this forum - first post there will help you.
    Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death .... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man. Bertrand Russell

Achtung PanzerCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesEuropa Universalis IV

Where is the download link?

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by imperiumiv View Post
    Where is the download link?
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...and-datestamps
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast