+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Divine Wind - 5.1 Patch now released - NOT FOR PROBLEM REPORTS !

When will steam get the update? My version is still 5.0 and I can't find where to manually update it (plus it is set currently to autoupdate).

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    When will steam get the update? My version is still 5.0 and I can't find where to manually update it (plus it is set currently to autoupdate).
    There were some instructions on how to do that earlier in the thread (I forget the original poster/page, but it was quoted by someone else on page 12).

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Where do I complain about the patch? Just one question, was Napoleon a mongol? Sounds like a fair question, since the Golden horde looks pretty much like the french army now. Or maybe Guderian went back in time and trained them to use blitzkrieg tactics. You tell me.

Sarcasm aside, yes... that ridiculous it is.

Thanks for taking to the time to help me out!

Quote Originally Posted by Darz View Post
    Where do I complain about the patch? Just one question, was Napoleon a mongol? Sounds like a fair question, since the Golden horde looks pretty much like the french army now. Or maybe Guderian went back in time and trained them to use blitzkrieg tactics. You tell me.

Sarcasm aside, yes... that ridiculous it is.
    If I could vote this post up, I would.

The patch breaks the game for me. I can't select armies any more with simply clicking, I have to do an area selection instead, and there's no mouseover info about army size and the direction it's moving to.

This feels like a critical blocking issue but I can't see others complaining about it -- am I missing something here?

51 games registered

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    When will steam get the update?
    Steam have the update, but Paradox have no idea of Steam's release intentions or schedule. You need to ask Steam.
    Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death .... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man. Bertrand Russell

51 games registered

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by enoyand View Post
    The patch breaks the game for me. I can't select armies any more with simply clicking, I have to do an area selection instead, and there's no mouseover info about army size and the direction it's moving to.

This feels like a critical blocking issue but I can't see others complaining about it -- am I missing something here?
    The mouseover thing has been reported many times, but sadly not fixed as yet. I always used the area selection for armies anyway so I can't say I noticed any change there, and I don't recall it being reported as an issue in its own right.
    Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death .... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man. Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewT View Post
    The mouseover thing has been reported many times, but sadly not fixed as yet. I always used the area selection for armies anyway so I can't say I noticed any change there, and I don't recall it being reported as an issue in its own right.
    I suspect what he means is that you can no longer select individual armies, one at a time by clicking on them, the way you used to be able to do, and the way you still can at sprite-level zooms.

But I share his surprise that this aggravation never generates the same level of outrage that various naval, horde, or japan issues did/do. It's a far more fundamental issue, in my book. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's game-breaking. But it certainly diminishes its quality, significantly, in my book. Whatever interface tweaks they applied to this patch were miniscule in terms of their desirability; the unintended consequences are severe. If a fix isn't possible, a roll-back should be, depending on how modular things are over at Paradox.

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy3 View Post
    I suspect what he means is that you can no longer select individual armies, one at a time by clicking on them, the way you used to be able to do, and the way you still can at sprite-level zooms.

But I share his surprise that this aggravation never generates the same level of outrage that various naval, horde, or japan issues did/do.
    You are right, it seems that at sprite-level things still work. Group selection instead of single units is not the end of the world (while of course quite annoying), I could live with that -- but the missing mouse-over information feels like a game-breaker for me. I guess it's mostly because I never enter the sprite-level view; this far I have only used the strategic view (with diplomatic mapmode) or even the outermost world view to command my armies.

And you are right about my surprise of the issues people are complaining about. Non-optimal hordes? Wrong fleeing behavior for naval units? Unconquerable Japan? I don't even know what's this talk about some achievements. Honestly, all these are cosmetic problems and corner cases. Being able to see the strength of armies and their movements is simply one of the core features.

I think I'll just reinstall the vanilla version of DW. Changelog for 5.1 is really impressive -- thanks for the hard work, devs -- but I'd like to be able to actually play the game
    Last edited by enoyand; 31-07-2011 at 17:11.

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

paradox connect seems to work now, i was just able to stay connected during the game with 5.1

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by cagrisaridogan View Post
    paradox connect seems to work now, i was just able to stay connected during the game with 5.1
    Yes and the weekend is over.

Crusader Kings IIElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty II Collection
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedPride of Nations

I'm playing an entertaining game as Brandenburg, but something is bothering me...

I got into a fight with France, I the HRE, had the same amount of troops, but on attacking France with a horde of vassals on my side, I find that they're only fielding perhaps three major armies and a horde of 1k units only recently built, marching to the same point no matter whether I placed my 20k armies in their path. Meaning they got slaughtered one by one.
    That was rather odd...

Second odd thing is the constant wars the ai European powers are waging on all the world. I'm even playing this on low aggressivenes, but nonwithstanding that they're all constantly declaring war on African, Indian or American nations, and consequently spreading their armies even further across the globe, leaving their home countries void of a proper defense...

Now I'm a relatively peaceful Brandenburg (Prussia by now) and don't want to conquer anything unless I have cores on it. So I leave them all alone. But my war with France - and what I've seen of various allies and neighbours actions, the ai isn't considering it's home highly enough.

I really think it would make the game work a lot more logically if the ai only used a certain percentage of their standing forces for colonial wars - and not leave their homes wide open for attack. And also, it shouldn't just send 1k armies marching blindingly to their obvious deaths.

Recruit
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae Victis

5.1 brings the Intel blue-map...

No way, no how, is my configuration going to get supported, I'm sure, but 5.0 mundane was perfect on my graphics card, and 5.1 brings me the intel blue-map, even though I'm not using an intel card.

Looks like it'll be a great patch, if I ever get to play it.

51 games registered

Quote Originally Posted by FalseDmitri View Post
    No way, no how, is my configuration going to get supported, I'm sure, but 5.0 mundane was perfect on my graphics card, and 5.1 brings me the intel blue-map, even though I'm not using an intel card.

Looks like it'll be a great patch, if I ever get to play it.
    I'm sure this is not the old Intel blue map issue, or we'd have known about it by now through all those betas. Start a fresh thread in Tech Support and we'll get you fixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by safferli View Post
    Sweet! Any changes from the last beta?
    Nope.
    "I would prefer not to see anyone suffer, not to do harm to anyone. But when I realize that the species is in danger, then in my case sentiment gives way to the coldest reason." - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewT View Post
    Steam have the update, but Paradox have no idea of Steam's release intentions or schedule. You need to ask Steam.
    Are they sure? Or is this another broken key disaster? Because the longest I've seen Steam take with an update was 48 hours, the vast majority of the time is under 24.

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by GenericDude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by safferli View Post
    Sweet! Any changes from the last beta?
    Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    IIRC.

- Pirate targets where not cleared when resigning/reloading.
    - Added some support for more sprite levels.
    - Nomadtributes could play havoc with a check if a nation had any treaties at all.
    - Added flags to russian missions.
    Yep.
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Hmm... I tried to dow Cyprus and saw the usual allies, guarantees etc. list.
    The last one was surprising: "xx is defender of catholic faith" - Cyprus is Orthodox.
    Other orthodox countries in the Mediterranean displayed defender of orthodox faith as usual.

I'm not sure if also this is working as intended: I tried to negotiate peace with Serbia.
    Vassalizing was worth 36 value and 10 prestige. Ok... but
    add 25 ducats to demand the value jumped through the roof. 286 value and 60 prestige !!!

Mouseover was fine.

Checksum: ZJLT

Augustus of the North DreadLindwyrm's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k club

That's an odd one - are you sure cyprus was orthodox, and not catholic with just an orthodox province?

As for vassalising serbia, I don't know what happened there, but perhaps they had virtually no money, and thus 25 ducats was an unreasonable demand.
    *This space deliberately left blank*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast