• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there any way for those of us who were unfortunate enough to have bought the game through steam to use the patcher, because it just tells me it cant find my game installed.

Copy the game directory to your desktop and install the patch to the duplicate files.

Is there any way for those of us who were unfortunate enough to have bought the game through steam to use the patcher, because it just tells me it cant find my game installed.

Try uninstalling the game, removing the entire folder from ...steam/steamapps/common/europa universalis, then install the game again and run it once. Then try installing the patch. This worked for me.

I didn't load any 4.0 saves, but they are on the list of saved game, so I think it works. But I'm pretty sure that achievements won't work. Well they aren't working right now anyway, so not a big problem.

I didn't load any 4.0 saves, but they are on the list of saved game, so I think it works. But I'm pretty sure that achievements won't work. Well they aren't working right now anyway, so not a big problem.

I have Paradox Connect disabled anyway, because it was causing technical problems. I'm going to take the jump, because the list of changes looks so good! If my 1700s Castille game doesn't load up, no great loss.

Thanks to Paradox for making such a great product and continuing to support it through patches. :)

So, I've noticed the issue with being unable to connect to the paradox forum. I've got the mac version, downloaded through gamersgate. I've never figured out if there is a way to manually check for updates, although on one occasion the game did so itself. Currently the title screen still just have 5.1 (OJDM). So, my question is twofold: (1) is the patch ready for mac yet? If so (2) will it just download itself, or is there a way to manually get it/check of updates within the game itself (note: I've downloaded the patch from the tech forums, but I've just left in on my desktop as I wasn't sure about mac compatibility)?

I'm just a gamer, not a tech wizard. And I love this game and the achievements.
I assume the above is a typo and you actually see 5.0, not 5.1?

But the Mac patch will be released by Virtual Programming, who wrote the Mac version, not Paradox - you need to check with them www.vpltd.com

Or wait for Steam to release the patch themselves, it will autoupdate.

Coz I still can't install the new patch. But, based on what I've been reading, when they say "steam will allow EU players to update their games soon", you guys mean REALLY soon, so I don't think I'll install the Beta anyway.

If you all go pester Steam I'd imagine this will hurry things along a bit.
Um, you already have our money... you go pester them.

Um, you already have our money... you go pester them.
Regardless of what Paradox are doing, having actual customers contacting Steam will likely help. If you don't want to, fine, just a suggestion that may speed things up for you.